Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies

H

Rodeo that is out of control nice. Great work and a cute kid too.....

that's the cat's ass!
I envy the person who gets to display that suckah on his or her front lawn.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 10, 2006 4:51 PM

Nice carve Rodeo! But I wanna see that sukka in the ground! Is that going in front of your house or is that a "for sale" item? Either way...it kicks a$$!

-Gman

P

how's he supposed to get the mail? you made it too tall.

nice work.

hey man that looks really good all finished up. i think it might lighten up the mail man's mood.
good work

Most mail men are scared of the dog. But that one...

You just might wind up picking up your mail at the post office.

Too cool.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Aug 11, 2006 2:45 AM

Thats cool man :)

I take it the box is bolted in?

Nice work Rodeo! How are you going to secure it in place to make it un-tip-over-able?

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Aug 12, 2006 3:58 PM

Great job rodeotiki! I'm looking forward to seeing the knob you're making for it.
I wish I had a mailbox like that, but I'd give it about a week round these parts. (our mailbox has already been used as a football)

L
Loki posted on Sat, Aug 12, 2006 5:39 PM

RT,
He looks great...must have been a real back breaker to move around...in the words of Jenna Jamison....that's a lotta wood.....

Hey Rodeo, looks great. I'd love to see the look on the mailmans face the first time he/she delivers the mail.
Hopefully your mailperson will appreciate it. I think it's awsome.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

Very cool, rodeo! I'd be worried that the mail carrier may swipe the side of it while he's looking up at it.... :wink:

What happened to the Mo Hawk?

J

Even with a mailbox full of bills, you couldn't resist a smile when you went to get the mail. Nice job. Who says the arms are too skinny?

JP

Heres the other side of the shelf I am working on. Hope to have it done by saturday.

On 2006-08-12 19:57, RevBambooBen wrote:
What happened to the Mo Hawk?

Just needed a trim Rev.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-08-17 16:19 ]

nice work man. when did you start the shelf?

good job

Thanks Duddy.

So today the kids are at the cabin and my wife is playing baseball. Its a carve-a-thon!!

I will post updates as I take small breaks today.

9:00 , started to make the bench seat for a new tiki style bench.
(no pics)

10:25 , Bench top finished and side poles cut ,notched and test fitted.

Next update in a couple of hours at lunch time.

Hope everyone is having a tiki-riffic day ( what ever tiki is to you!)

RT over and out for now .

Pics will get better too . Sorry

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Aug 19, 2006 9:55 AM

Go Rodeo Go! I'll be watching all day.....

-Gman

carving delayed ( wife took a baseball to the cheek)

B

What a nasty way to end a Carve-a-thon!

Wife is okay ,

2 coats of poly have been applied to the mailbox

and I have roughed out 1 side of the new bench.

Yes it has flames around the eyes. Sorry to the purists, this one is for a die hard hotrodder so the flames are good.

I am cleaning up now and waiting for friends to arrive for a bbq. Sunday is a carving day so look for more updates later.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Aug 19, 2006 3:14 PM

Rodeo,

Great stuff man! Looks like you were busy! I love seeing a mess of dust with toolz everywhere. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. You better get that piece done quick....you need to move faster.......

-Gman

looking good!
glad to hear your wife is ok!

B

Yeah, Ditto on your eife. Being hit in the face with a baseball is very scary, hope she doesn't bruise easily. Your bench is Looking very good, I'm Watching.

J

On 2006-08-19 12:54, rodeotiki wrote:
carving delayed ( wife took a baseball to the cheek)

Ouch, ewww. Glad she's ok. I was looking forward to a massive post to read tonight.

JP

H
hewey posted on Sat, Aug 19, 2006 7:51 PM

Hope your MRS is okay man...

Flames are good :)

lookin good there. cant wait for more

Thanks for the concern everyone. Betsy has a nice bruise but was lucky. I didnt carve much on sunday , spent a nice day with my wife.
Here is a shelf I just finished , it has 2 hidden brackets from ikea for mounting it to the wall.
Let me know what ya think, feedback wanted.

Very nice Rodeo! I can only imagine how heavy that shelf must be. Hope your walls are strong. :wink:

I have one of rodeo's masks and although it's quite large, it's nice and light! He does a great job of giving them a slim profile to combat the weight issue.

GREAT shelf!!
Will you display it with liquor bottles, or mugs? Or maybe something else?

L
Loki posted on Wed, Aug 23, 2006 8:34 AM

Great job as usual Rodeo, the shelf looks really choice...your on a roll, dont stop.

B

Yes, cool shelf Rodeo, How many mugz will it hold. Excellent job.

H

That looks REEEEAAAL good, man!

So with only 1 week left before the tattoo and arts show I have been carving as much as I can.
Today I just couldnt get into swingin the mallet and banging chisels.....So I built my first bar.

Pdrake emailed me some great bar plans , but I changed them a bit to make it a simple build.

Tomorrow I will add the inside shelves and then start adding some bamboo and carve a tiki mask for the front. I picked up some low profile casters so they will hide nice and allow it to be rolled around. I plan to use the bar for the vending gig.

J

Looks great so far Rodeo. Good luck with the show.

Thanks Jen, and best wishes on your show also.

I had a couple of hours to kill before having to work this afternoon. I did some sanding and added some of the inside shelfs.

B

COol, I Love the creative interior shelving. Can't wait to see how you tikify it up.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 3:01 PM

Nice build Rodeo! Let's see some more...

-G

Small update.

Added some bamboo around the inside of the trim. And started to stain it. On the inside I used a natural pine and on the outside i went with something called fruitwood. It has a really nice color and didnt come out orangie.

Detail of the trim.

Overall picture.

Next I will add the bamboo matting (cheap ikea blinds) to the inside and then get the carved mask mounted to front.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-08-28 21:19 ]

nice! the trim & stain look sweet! the matting will put it over the top

M

Rodeo, this is craftsmanship sir. Very very nice work. I sometimes wish that I had an inside bar so I don't have to box up all my goodies when a little storm comes blowin through. Sheesh.

Mahalo

Keep us up to date.

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 29, 2006 3:58 AM

I hope the mask is gonna your kick ass logo :)

Gonna look tops when finished

I'm looking forward to the finished product!!

Is anything ever finished? There are a few very minor details that I have yet to do.

But here it is..... My first attempt at a bar

Thanks for looking
Feedback is appreciated

J

Cheers! I have a drink tonight and pretend it was served at your new bar!
Nice mask on the front :)
JP

looks great, I like how the mask is the same shape as a mug

M

Rodeo, Sweet Tiki'd minipub! Lovin the Bamboo work and the curves. The color is just right and the mask does resemble a mug I just dried off. (Nice!)

Mahalo & Cheers !!! :)

McTiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies