Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies

Looks good Rodeo! I didn't realize you werre gonna make a bar. It's very cool!

P

i think it would've been better with angles.

;-P

Great job rodeo!
Make mine a painkiller.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Aug 30, 2006 8:57 PM

Rodeo,

Nice! I really like the stains you used and the bam and the mask really set off the bar. Is this one for you or are you taking this one to a show to be adopted? Good luck with the sale, if it is for sale. I'm glad it turned out so nice for you. I know how hard you worked on this particular product.

-Gman

I just got home from a good friends that is one of the best custom painters I know.
Here is what he did for me.....

I hope your mail comes fast like that mailbox looks! That's pretty cool- nice lines..

Geeze you've been busy!
If you ever decide to collaborate on another one in blue & white, I'd love to place it outside my home. Love the marq on the front btw, it really makes the box.

J

Really cool how the top of the mailbox matches your new logo! Great stuff!

T

man, those look so cool!! the pin-striping on the tiki looks killer and that mailbox is AWSEOME!! you better make sure that sucker is nice & secure in place. you should definitely collaborate some more with him.....you make the tikis, he pin-stripes them. great looking stuff!!

M

Where I live, it would be stolen. It would look cool inside though. Tight box you got there Rodeo. :)

Mahalo

McTiki

So how'd ya do at the Tattoo and Art show? I'm sorry I didn't come by and say "hi". The ticket prices kept me away (I'm cheap).

Yup I'm eager to hear all about the show!

SF

Rodeo, that is the coolest mailbox I've ever seen man.
The painted tiki is cool also. You guys make a great team.

DUDE!
Excellent combo! That spurs many new ideas in my head. They really look good.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 6:45 PM

That's a really nice collaboration, but it seems way too good to leave out by the street. I'd make the mailman come into the house if were mine!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Sep 6, 2006 7:39 PM

sweet mailbox rodeo..who carved the tiki on it...hmmm...

R

Hey guys , the show was great. I did sell a few carvings and picked up some commisions. Yes thats the pendant you carved Kirby, I thought it was better placed on the mailbox.

Here are some pics
Our booth

Me and Kat Von D

The "Pizz" , Designing a kustom tiki tattoo for me.

Here is Darryl Richards from Mantra tattoo in the UK

And here is the tattoo he did on the back of my neck

I have way too many pics still to unload.

Just one more quick one for now.

J

Congratulations on the ink Rodeo!!! You know I've been waiting for you to get your first! Looks great! I assume the initials are those of your kids? So when are you gonna get the tiki tattoo? Come on it didn't hurt that much did it?

Oh, and your booth looked great! I knew it would all work out well for you.

You rock my friend!

Way to go RT, the booth looked great!

T

Wow Rodeo the booth looks fabulous! Great to see all your hard work on display... & more commissions super!!! Please post more pictures when you have a chance I would love to see more detail on some of the carvings that I may have missed seeing! Congratulations!!!!

Tikisgrl

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 5:49 PM

Kat Von D is hot

H
hewey posted on Fri, Sep 8, 2006 1:21 AM

Kool man! Killer mailbox and ink since my last visit - very nice!

J

Any progress on those commissions from the tattoo show? We'd like to see. Great picture of you and Kat Von D.

J

Bump-

B

C'mon Rodeo, I Know you've been working on Something up there in the cold north country, Spill it, where'z it hiding?

J

Bump

Here is some of the few things I have been doing.

bowling pin lamp

Flamed mask

New bench

Mirror stand for local clothing store

There is a new store here that is going to feature all local artist. They are going to do a feature night the first friday of every month and this friday is going to be me. Local surf and rockabilly bands and tiki art. I am still trying to catch up on a few other carvings for people also. Its hard carving here today , -40 celsius with the wind chill.
Thanks Benz and Johnny for the bump.

J

Really nice work Rodeo!! Can't wait to see the mirror stand and the flamed mask finished. Keep us posted.

B

Way to GO Rodeo. I love the Flaming mask, it really looks like a LOT of intricate detail. The bench is double cool and the mirror stand looks great. Don't fail to show us the finished products.

J

The flaming mask is neat. Flaming eybrows.

The bowling pins are resine, and must be tough to carve.

-40C already this year. That would be hard to be motivated to go outside.

JP

Rodeo,

Is that you busting an air in the TV behind the bowling pin?
Cool stuff!! Your mask looks like it is going to be killer.
Is it made out of Red Cedar?
I feel your pain about carving in the cold.
I have been getting soaked carving out in the rain.

Cheers,
Will

Damn Rodeo, nice stuff!

Here is the mirror stand back from the pinstriper

that pinstriping really makes the carving SNAP! You got a nice deal going with the pinstriper - great tiki, great painting and the store has one helluva nice mirror stand.

-40? I can't even fathom that.

M

Very nice Rodeo. Wow, the striping sets it off. Hmmmmmm.

Mahalo

McTiki

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 29, 2006 6:07 PM

pinstriped tiki looks great, had an idea to that myself... I was just waiting till my stripes got good enough

H

Rodeo, it is nice to see your stuff up again. the tiki with the flames looks great. I love the bowling lamp.

J

Rodeo, O Rodeo! Wherefore art thou, Rodeo?

Missing your updates! A little bird told me there's been some striping going on in the great white north? Let's see it, man!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 26, 2007 5:23 PM

where are ya man?

R

Love what your doing Rodeo! Tiki is alive and well in Canada!

R

Hope to see you at Lost Paradise!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 329 replies