Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Varnish Make Pretty

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 473 replies

Yeah colors!!!
Here is a piece from a few weeks back when image posting was down..

'nutha one...

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-11-18 13:45 ]

I always dig your birdman pieces...you have given Conga an idea....perhaps a
twist on "Ducks On The Wall." One can never expect the same thing in your thread,
nice variety of work.

Thx Congah! I really enjoy your work too. Can't wait to see the ducks/manaia or ??

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-11-22 00:51 ]

R

On 2007-11-22 00:22, Sneakytiki wrote:

Gimme! :D

On 2007-11-22 01:31, ravenne wrote:

On 2007-11-22 00:22, Sneakytiki wrote:

Gimme! :D

What are u gonna give me for it? Huh?

Thanks Rave!

tiki tiki??

R

crap! I wasn't expectin ona trade! curse my folly of not posting my artwork!
I know! I'll give you the greatest gift of all....a child's laughter: :lol:!

:o how long did that take? I like it! ink?

Rave,
Yuppers ink! It took 3-4 hours.
I feel like I'm starting to get a "feel" for the pen again... Thx for taking the time to view and comment, I really appreciate it!!!!

Iki IKI

reply to my reply to my reply:RE: reply

Korwar figure:

i like!
Green,yellow,black...very cool-especially the watery feel of the background...
kudos!

R

KORWAR FIG'R RAWKS!
I like when it's colored like dat! :D

Hey Sneakytiki, that last b/w pen and ink tiki is FINE!

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-11-28 23:54 ]

Thank you Sir SamGam!!

I had alot of fun translating the color pic I was looking at to B and W. I added the tiki's tiki or peepee back on as I could see a twig and berry outline where some crazy missionary had desexed the poor lad.

Mahaloz!!

ST

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-02 17:08 ]

Drew this at my daughter's soccer game during the times she wasn't playing....

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-02 17:42 ]

Thx rave! I just noticed your comment on korwar...

mahalo
S
T

Whoops! just noticed LLT's comment on Korwar too, thanx much Kin!
I just did a wash of Golden acrylics over the tiki and background, watered it down a bit and did a second wash, water resistant ink rox!

Snik Tik

I'm really dig'n the one eyed muscle monster!!! Very cool stuff....

Thx meheadhunter, it's a ruff sketch, I didn't have a pencil, lol. It's a potential painting....

That devil grrrl of yers is off dah hook! Yah nah mean??? werd!

S
T

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 9:14 AM

HEY! GROG have TWO eyes, not one. And no pointy teeth. If you're going to do a portait, it's important to get the details right.

Your ink sketches are kickin' ass.

On 2007-12-04 09:14, GROG wrote:
HEY! GROG have TWO eyes, not one. And no pointy teeth. If you're going to do a portait, it's important to get the details right.

Your ink sketches are kickin' ass.

Too funny! When I posted that sketch I was thinkin' someone is gonna say "Nice sketch of Grog!" I'm sorry, I'll try to get a better facial likeness next time.....

...and thanks Grog!

R

On 2007-12-02 17:40, Sneakytiki wrote:

Drew this at my daughter's soccer game during the times she wasn't playing....

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-02 17:42 ]

Actually...when I first saw this sketch I didn't think it looked like Grog at all...in fact it looks a lot like this One Eyed Giant from this Ren & Stimpy Episode (not sure if yer familiar with it!)
It was from the episodes where Ren would tell Stimpy bed time stories. At any rate there is a gross scene with the Giant...where stimpy finds magical cheese...and hides/buries them where the giant lives...(underground) and the giant ends up putting them on his feet like shoes.....It's so...nasty!!!

If I can finda screen cap of this giant - I'll show ya!

Otherwise, the sketch looks sick! I like!

and I really love the blue-inked one, very trippy! Like something outta Satoshi Kon's artwork! :D

Thx Rave! The blue sketch is from a small gold figure from the Chamcay people of the Andes, it was very tiny, assymetrical, and fun to draw. I'm not real familiar with ren an' Stimpy episodes, never had cable, but I've seen some and it was a funneh show! I rented an episode where the cat's fart comes back to see his "dad", it was so gross!!!!
I am working on book illustrations so this is what I've been doing for tikitainment on the side:

Peace,
S
T

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-14 23:10 ]

Here is an update:

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-14 23:10 ]

R

On 2007-12-10 03:08, Sneakytiki wrote:
Here is an update:

:oo....dis turned out really nice!
I love your shading, looks really good!

I am liking dis Ikers! KEEP GOING!!! :D!!!

thx Ravenne, I'll keep working on him.

, prolly 1 or 2 more sessions to go...

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Dec 11, 2007 6:26 PM

I hope you're gonna work this one up into a painting! That's a real nice study of one of my favourite pieces. I can feel the burnished patina from the shading...
Tama and I were just talking about this god/carving (Rongo) the other day - the guys in Rarotonga have a plaster replica (in the local museum) made from the original in the British museum that they copy for the tourist market.

On 2007-12-11 18:26, Paipo wrote:
I hope you're gonna work this one up into a painting! That's a real nice study of one of my favourite pieces. I can feel the burnished patina from the shading...
Tama and I were just talking about this god/carving (Rongo) the other day - the guys in Rarotonga have a plaster replica (in the local museum) made from the original in the British museum that they copy for the tourist market.

Thank you Paipo, it looked pretty weak but I just kept at it and now it's finally looking good! That and I got a better scan....
Working on this piece got me wanting to paint again, this pencil stuff takes almost as long ...but no color.....
Could I interest you in a trade? Some 2D work for some resin, no not bong resin!

Keep on ROCKIN in the free world!

S
T

I'm with Paipo.....THAT NEEDS TO BE A PAINTING!!!!

Mebbie it will be a painting?!
Thx LLT!!
I've been in art factory mode doing a sweatshop of canv-ass building lately! In the last couplah days I built and stretched 10 canvases. Everything was recycled materials other than the staples and cloth. I used painter's drop cloth canvas from Lowe's for some of the paintings cuz it's cheaper than buying at an art store and 1 drop cloth can become mucho paintings! The wood was all reclaimed material. I'll be gesso-ing (priming) them tomorrow. Soon I'll start more paintings!

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-12-14 12:27 ]

[

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-17 03:26 ]

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2008-05-10 04:41 ]

First of about 20 paintings started... I hope you like... You can see the direction it's going by the drawing next to it.
Aloha,
IKI

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-12-18 19:30 ]

T

I really need to visit these creating threads more often... Lot's of cool new stuff here! Can't wait to see the Monster Moai with your eyes!

Thanks for showing your stuff!

Tikisgrl

R

Wow iki-iki! Your paintings you started are awesome!

I like the fact you painted your eyes in there, it looks like it'll be an interesting piece!!! :D

And the gouache on paper is sooo cuuuuute!!!!

Love it!

Can't wait for more iki-iki!
keep rawkin!!!

H

On 2007-12-18 19:28, Sneakytiki wrote:
First of about 20 paintings started...

Another series perhaps?
If so, it's a great start.
If not, it's a great piece.
I love the direction your work goes.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.