Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

M

Adios Shiv, you shall be dearly missed.

Well that was just like old times, eh kids? There were more TC faces at FI tonight, new and old, than I have seen in some time. The Shiv has many fans. And why not? (c)Lara always treated us well, very well indeed.

The whole crew at FI did a great job tonight. I wish we could have stayed longer, but that's like old times too. We're oldtimers.

Pinball!
Uncle midnite

My God!
Fuckin Mig endorsed going away party?
Shiv, you should be honored.

Shiv, the place won't be the same without you.

Best!

MT

Hail, hail, the gang's all here. Good to see so many old familiar faces. It indeed felt like old times. Plus pinball, pizza, pie (mmmmmmm.... pie!) and an all-Springsteen soundtrack tonight! What a great send off for a great person!

Coco Loco and I wish you all the best, Lara! You will be deeply missed, more than you will ever know.

:music: Baby this town rips the bones from your back
Its a death trap, its a suicide rap
We gotta get out while were young
`cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run! :music: :music:

Oh, and this picture was taken about 5 minutes before this dude was arrested. Stay classy, Alameda!

Lara if you ever read this let me know if you end up pouring in NJ area! I had a good eve with ya one time at Jetsetters and you had mentioned you were headin back east. Or lets just get together in NYC for some TC beverages!

AHHH - if no stay in East then have fun we'll see around!

Mahalo
PM me or whatevers
Jack
Idolmaker films

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2009-07-23 14:18 ]

TS

thank you ALL!!! Last night was super fun but kinda a blur- between working and drinking and playing pinball.

awesome pictures- I'm gonna have to steal some of them.

and...rest assured. I am only going east for a visit. I will be back in about 2 weeks- (just not to FI)
much love and many thanks...lara

TS

...i must have been drunk...did i really miss the old guy get arrested?

A Hoy Midnites and Croe 67
see you tonite

On 2009-07-23 13:59, the shiv wrote:
...i must have been drunk...

Thats how you always made Yvette and I.....sorry we couldn't be there to "stalk" ya. Good Luck Shiv!

On 2009-07-23 13:58, the shiv wrote:
thank you ALL!!! Last night was super fun but kinda a blur- between working and drinking and playing pinball.

awesome pictures- I'm gonna have to steal some of them.

and...rest assured. I am only going east for a visit. I will be back in about 2 weeks- (just not to FI)
much love and many thanks...lara

Sure thing Shiv. We'll see you on the OTHER side of the bar.
Good luck whatever you do. (probably to Smuggler's Cove, heheh)
Thanks for letting me park my big ol truck in the back.

CL

I'm out tonight...sadly, home with the sniffles!! Have fun!

We're back, with tales of Tiki Oasis

MT

Indeed. It's time to compare war stories, drinking stories, schwag stories, fish stories, scars, squirrels, and matching shirt and short ensembles. I've worked up a powerful thirst unloading the KuBar at Forbidden Island today. A bunch of us are heading over tonight, come join us. Who's thirsty???

CL

Guess who else has the cold that's going around? ...me (AGAIN) and Mai Tai. He may swing by if it turns out to be just allergies, but if ya don't see him tonight that's why. Have fun!!!

Hope to see somebody there, tonight.

Ron

CL

Ron, would love to see ya, but we're out tonight! Have fun!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Aug 27, 2009 11:39 PM

Hope to see some of you TC'ers next Wed Sept 2 for the first of my regular once-a-month DJ gigs at Forbidden Island

I will be giving away old Hawaiian lps for FREE!

DJ Otto spinnin Exotica Surf
The first Wednesday of the month starting after Tiki Oasis
Wed, Sept 2
8pm - midnight

RR

See you there
Otto, bring the Oasis 10 promo items

Rum Runner,
I'll see you there if work permits an early escape.

Otto, i hope you play something that allows me to get out on the floor and use my JAZZ HANDS
and SPIRIT FINGERS.

Anyone going tomorrow night?

New Fall cocktail specials debut tonight.
Special TC discount - TONIGHT ONLY -$2 off any of the new specials.
See ya all later!

MT

I'll most likely be there.

ATTENTION: TIKI UNDERGROUND. SUPER SECRET MEETING AT FORBIDDEN ISLAND TONIGHT, AND/OR TRADER VIC'S PALO ALTO. BONGOFURY MIGHT MAKE IT THERE, AS HE IS COMING UP TO THE BAY AREA FOR THE FORBIDDEN ISLAND PARKING LOT SALE. SHHHHHHHH, KEEP IT ON THE DL.

That is all.

TWO

I am looking forward to seeing the great stuff Bongofury has brought to the Parking Lot Sale. He's got some mad skillz.

On 2009-09-23 13:56, Mai Tai wrote:
I'll most likely be there.

ATTENTION: TIKI UNDERGROUND. SUPER SECRET MEETING AT FORBIDDEN ISLAND TONIGHT, AND/OR TRADER VIC'S PALO ALTO. BONGOFURY MIGHT MAKE IT THERE, AS HE IS COMING UP TO THE BAY AREA FOR THE FORBIDDEN ISLAND PARKING LOT SALE. SHHHHHHHH, KEEP IT ON THE DL.

That is all.

The only thing I know that DL stands for Bill is Disabled List. Wot the hell?

CL

Sadly, I am fighting off something and will most likely not make it tonight and Bill is out with Scott who may be leaving soon...but knowing him, he may make a surprise appearance. Love ya'll and see ya next week or sooner!

And Vic, DL means Down Low as in 'keep it secret and quite'. :wink:

TofuJoe & I will be heading down soon. Hey, Tikitastic, are you going to be there?! I have a little sumpin' sumpin' for ya....

I'm thirsty. You know what that means. Tikibob and I will be at FI tonight to dance to Otto's great spinning tunes. Can't wait to see you all and drink some very yummy libations.

I will be there

Ya know...I think I'm thirsty as well! I think I need some FI electrolytes!

That's tight folks, it's Otto's monthly "Otto's Grotto Record Hop" tonight. Join Otto and special guest Mike Lucas of The Phantom Surfers (and other bands too numerous to mention) for a night of record tossing mayhem. 8pm.

And if you haven't experienced it already, try our terrific Fall cocktail: Suzanne and Retro Diva's "Two Crazy Redheads". But you're going to need to be at a table for this one, so get there early!
Meanwhile, see it to believe it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJIPRWDHryI&feature=channel

I'll be there - wu!

Trad'r Bill

I will be there

I'll abide

I'll be there tonight too!

Hmmmm, quite tempted!

TWO

I will be there launching another full scale assault on my liver.

C
CP posted on Wed, Oct 14, 2009 5:53 PM

do I dare say it? I'll see you guys at ten ish

S

Can't wait to see you kids... come and hear the special, special news about the

BLACK ORCHID CLUB!

Coming Verrrrrrryyyyyy soon!

Suzanne

I will be there

I'll be there tonight

Look for me on the 4th. I have a shirt for Tikitastic. Can I leave it there for the next time he shows up?

The Bay Bridge is creeping me out!
I need a drink

yup

We may get our sniffling selves out tonight.

CL

Holy Cow, is it Weds already?! Not sure if our pocket books can make it out tonight. Have fun though! :)

S

Remember, the Black Orchid Club begins this Wednesday, Nov 4th!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Oct 30, 2009 9:52 PM

... and remember - Otto's Grotto DJing Exotica, Lounge, and Surf while you enjoy Suzanne's delicious drinks!

surf, feh....
:wink:

have a good gig Otto.

Jeff(btd)

Shhhh, we're getting close...

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2009-10-31 11:53 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies