Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

T
thejab posted on Thu, Jan 4, 2007 6:38 PM

Wish I could have made it but I came down with some bug yesterday. So I had a Nyquil cocktail that knocked me out but good.

MT

Anyone up for grabbin' something to eat either before or after Forbidden Island tonight? Like perhaps a Val's Burger, or Chicken and Waffles?

I think I'll bringing out a new dress tonight. It's got provenance, just ask me about it tonight! :wink:

~T

We hate to bail two weeks in a row, but I have a serious sinus headache and an early morning root canal tomorrow, so Humu and I are stayin' in tonight.

Hold down the fort for us!!!!!

Hanford, all the more reason to head to Forbidden Island. One of their special spicy Bloody Mary concoctions will clear up those sinuses and for the root canal... Painkillers! But seriously, feel well and good luck in the chair. Happy healing.

-Weird Unc

Hey! Show of hands.....

J

Mmmm. More warm tasty beverages!!! I'll be there for a while.

CL

We'll be getting there later...probably around 8:30/9:00ish. Anyword from Monolux? Recovered from the root canals yet?

CL

Haole'akamai

Can we assume that you raised yours and TofuJoe's hands? :wink:

On 2007-01-17 16:16, Haole'akamai wrote:
Hey! Show of hands.....

Humu and I .... will be there!

Yay!

T

I'll be over when I'm done with work for the day probably another hour or two.

I finally made it back on a Wednesday!! Great to see so many of the TC gang there, considering the cold spell we have been having, and the darned flu and head colds going around. Those warm drinks really helped make me feel better after being "under the weather" for almost 2 weeks now. I think I like the Banana Hot Buttered Rum the best, but it was a close call between it and the Pineapple Nog. Yum! Very clever.... And sharing a Mystery Bowl in an official Ohana Hut with a Wisconsinite! Sorry we didn't get to chat more.

What a great night! Thanks to all... See you again, soon! Aloha.

• Myke

On 2007-01-18 09:56, tikiwinebear wrote:
And sharing a Mystery Bowl in an official Ohana Hut with a Wisconsinite!

Was that me you were talking to? I have vague recollections of chatting with someone next to an Ohana Hut. Crimony, I need to stay away from those Happy Hour specials next time!

Yep, you are the Wisconsinite I was referring to, MrBaliHai. I had a brain freeze when trying to remember your TC name, but remembered you were from Wisconsin. It did look like you were having a great time... again sorry we didn't get chance to chat a bit more. Come back again, and we will order up another Ohana Hut Mystery Bowl... it was really good! And of course, the ingredients are Martin's secret.

Aloha!

• Myke

On 2007-01-19 14:02, tikiwinebear wrote:
Come back again, and we will order up another Ohana Hut Mystery Bowl...

Sounds like a plan, Myke! I'll be there again next Wednesday, hopefully a little more sober...

B

Is it to early to start the roll call for tomorrow night ? Three of the boys, Pahoehoe, swizzler and I will be there.
Anyone else ?

Dang skippy, you better be there! Make sure you introduce yourself, since I've forgotten whatcha look like...

On 2007-01-23 21:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
Dang skippy, you better be there! Make sure you introduce yourself, since I've forgotten whatcha look like...

Who you callin' Skippy? Just look for the shortest guy in the room, and it'll probably be me...:)

B

We will be sure you know we're there Ms. T :).

T

Time for a tasty beverage!

I'm heading back home tomorrow. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting everyone at FI the past two Wednesday evenings. See you all again in October, I hope!

Special treats for all! Tonight only. See you there.

-Weird Unc

Well at last!! Wierd Unc graces us with his presence!! I'll be there tonight around 11:00 - don't leave!!

MT

Thirsty!!!

Mahalo for gettin' there early, CongaMike, considering our little... er... mishap(s).

MT

Hey, I didn't know you guys would be taping an episode of the Jerry Springer show tonight!

J

Jeez! Ya leave a little early and everything happens right after! What the heck happened gang?!

On 2007-01-31 16:07, Conga Mike wrote:
Well at last!! Wierd Unc graces us with his presence!! I'll be there tonight around 11:00 - don't leave!!

I sure did have a swell time (as always). I'm sorry I missed you and the,,, er, mishpap (whatever it was!). Hope all is well.

-Weird Unc

CL

Definitely a Jerry Springer moment, right up to and after closing. Very out of place at FI. Wierd weird situation.

MT

Zoinks!!! Like, beware the ghost of Lincoln's Address, man!!!

CL

Yeah, what's up with FI being "haunted" during rainstorms. :wink: Beware of the Lincoln's Address ghost.

Sorry I won't be able to make it by FI tonight for Valentine's Day, but I will be by tomorrow night to meet up with SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine. Hope to see a few of you on Thursday night too! Have a great time tonight!!!

• Myke
T

Come on down tonight for Valentine's Day drink specials, and romantic songs spun by yours truly, Le Jab. I'm starting at 7:00.

H

We're not going to be able to make it tonight -- we're getting ready to hit the road to Los Angeles, for the Robert Drasnin recording!

Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

CL

Happy Valentines day to you guys too. Not sure of our status tonight. We may swing by for a cocktail and Jab's swanky set, but not sure yet. If we don't see ya' Happy V DAY everyone! If we make it, we'll repeat in person. :)

T

I'll be there. Holding down the end of the bar. Throwing around the sass.

My gal is working, so where the heck else would I be? :)

M

you and your damn sass!

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 4:36 PM

I wish i could be there
Mahalo,
Al

MT

Did someone say sass?

I think we will be there after VD dinner.

Sass - It's the new Zazz....

Hey! How about making this Sunday (tonight) the new Wednesday for one week??? WooHooWahine and I will be there this evening thanks to Mai-Tai & Coco Loco giving us a lift from the city! We leave tomorrow and would like to say Aloha to all!

CL

I believe we're IN. See ya there.

T

I'll be there for a short spell, probably earlier on.

My plan is to leave early, but as you all know, FI can be like a big PolyPop venus fly trap, enticing you in with its delightful nectar and pleasing colors, slowly draining you of any will to leave until you find yourself blissfully melting into the grotto with nary a care in your pretty little head.

MT

I've heard that sass is a natural venus fly trap repellant.

CL

:lol: That so articulately sums up that which is THE FORBIDDEN ISLAND. Oh shall we call it, THE MANGO?

On 2007-02-21 17:36, TofuJoe wrote:
I'll be there for a short spell, probably earlier on.

My plan is to leave early, but as you all know, FI can be like a big PolyPop venus fly trap, enticing you in with its delightful nectar and pleasing colors, slowly draining you of any will to leave until you find yourself blissfully melting into the grotto with nary a care in your pretty little head.

Well put, TofuJoe!! I will try to remember that quote instead of the "how do I love thee, let me count the ways" bit. Besides, you must keep your wits about you one more day for the 100th Birthday celebration for Don the Beachcomber, tomorrow night!!! Sip lightly tonight!

See you all soon!

• Myke
MT

Who's up for a trip to FI tonight? I don't think Coco Loco can go, because she has unexpected business plans, but I might go for a little while.

T

I'll be there a bit later on.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies