Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

J

Anybody?

BB

I voted yes on the bullet train from L.A. to the bay area yesterday but I guess it's not ready yet? WTF? :o

Maybe next week.

Ha, yeah come on bullet train!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sure. Why not?

I am heading up to FI soon. Should be there by 7:30pm.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Nov 12, 2008 6:23 PM

MMMMMMMMM BEER.. I'm in.

They serve Beer at FI?
who knew?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hi All,

Last night Pele Nani and I made the drive up for Flight Lounge and to see our new plaque.

We ran into PETERSON, and he suggested a Kill-Devil Club reunion, at some unspecified date. We'd be up for that, any ideas?

Mid-week is often difficult for us, Fridays thru Sunday usually much easier.

Cheers!

J

I would consider a Sunday, but Fridays and Saturdays are not my favorite days at FI. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday would be my preference.

Any day that ends with " 'day" is fine with me.

Friday would probably be best, if I had to choose.

I agree with #3 as far as which days work for me. If it is a Friday or Saturday we would need to get there on the early side before the weekend crowds pack the place.

Agreed about the crowds -- a Wednesday would be in the best tradition of the Corps, I personally could do Wednesday December 10, otherwise I have commitments, etc. Fri Sat Sun still OK for me.

I think the 10th (Wed.) would work, for me.

M

keep me posted!

J

Currently, the 10th works for me, but my boss hasn't yet nailed down the date for our department party that is supposed to be sometime that week. I'll keep you posted, but for now, count me in.

OK so for December 10 we currently have

princessP ??

Tikitastic ??

Iniquitiki yes

JenTiki yes

CP ??

Kalai Wa'a yes
& Pele Nani

I think Pele Nani and I will be there in any event!

Mahalo

I can make Dec 10. And I will be be back on the 11th since I am having my work dept's holiday party at FI that afternoon.

I think in the tradition of Lincoln's Address, I need to park a camper in the back parking lot for less drivin' and more drinkin'!

J

Okay, looks like the 10th will in deed be a good night for me.

Notch and I are planning on heading up to Forbidden Island tonight. Gotta get Notch through the Kill Devil list. We might even be there as the doors open tonight.

Update:
So, much for being there for opening....work got in the way, so it's gonna be a bit later than planned.

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2008-11-19 16:06 ]

I might be there to help you knock on the door.

Notch, drink copiously.

What's Notch up to? What's his ETA? Will Patrick or Notch be next?

The tension is unbearable.

Better have a drink! :drink:

J

I'll be there around 7:00-8:00 ish.

KIll Devil round #2...7 down, 90 to go....how did that happen again?!?!!?

On 2008-11-20 01:46, Tikitastic wrote:
KIll Devil round #2...7 down, 90 to go....how did that happen again?!?!!?

triple dog dare?

After thinking about it for 12 hours , I may join you and #3 , but Martin needs to add another 50 decent rums .

My liver is healthy and well rested. However I have been working on diffrent beverages.

Hummm

They say in Japan, to live one's life and not climb Mt. Fujiama is crazy; but to climb it twice is also crazy.

J

It's Wednesday! Anyone?

Pele Nani and I are still planning on being up at FI tomorrow, Dec 10. We hope to see the KD Club gang there as well.

Aloha!

I am still planning on being there Wednesday for the Kill-Devil get together and the usual Wednesday night activities (drive, drink, drink, La Pinata, drive an hour home...repeat next week).

¿Que es «La Piñata»?

J

#4 still planning to report for duty.

Are the hot drinks on the menu yet?

I'm bringin' a pumpkin pie.

On 2008-12-09 11:40, Kâlai Waʻa wrote:

Are the hot drinks on the menu yet?

I'm bringin' a pumpkin pie.

Where were you Saturday night with the pie? Yep, had me a Helmsman Grog? and tried some of the Tiger's Milk? I think that is what they were, things were getting fuzzy. Yummy and hot! The perfect drinks to burn off the Sacramento fog!

PTD

La Pinata is the local Mexican restaurant and sobering spot for many tiki ohana. It is about 6 blocks from Forbidden Island and is open until 3am every day. An excellent place to sober up after drinking at FI and the food is delicious! Don't drive there drunk though, since the most direct way there takes you right past the front door of the Alameda Police Dept.

http://www.lapinata.com/

On 2008-12-09 10:05, Kālai Waʻa wrote:

¿Que es «La Piñata»?

On 2008-12-09 12:15, Tikitastic wrote:
La Pinata is the local Mexican restaurant and sobering spot for many tiki ohana. It is about 6 blocks from Forbidden Island and is open until 3am every day. An excellent place to sober up after drinking at FI and the food is delicious! Don't drive there drunk though, since the most direct way there takes you right past the front door of the Alameda Police Dept.

http://www.lapinata.com/

Oh that must be the place you guys ate at while I was passed out drunk in your Van. :wink: :roll:
ha ha ha.

C
CP posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2008 6:17 PM

What time is our meeting? I hope everyone* can make it out.

*KD Members 1-8, and those who are getting pretty close.

T
thejab posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2008 6:34 PM

If you don't feel like Mexican after Forbidden Island, The King of Thai Noodle at 1635 Park Street is open until 1:00am and it's good. Toomie's Thai is better but they aren't open late.

J

On 2008-12-09 18:17, CP wrote:
*KD Members 1-8, and those who are getting pretty close.

There's a #8 now?!?

I'll be there, tonight.

M

See you guys tonight! I've got a little treat for the Immortals. Bring an extra liver.

J

I better stop at the dry cleaner after work to pick up that spare liver that I dropped off after the crawl. See you all tonight!

On 2008-12-10 09:19, martiki wrote:
See you guys tonight! I've got a little treat for the Immortals. Bring an extra liver.

treat? for takin a picture, I received not. I even brought a clean liver.

I'll remember this.

On 2008-12-11 01:28, princessP wrote:

On 2008-12-10 09:19, martiki wrote:

treat? for takin a picture, I received not. I even brought a clean liver.

I'll remember this.

On time you must be. :wink:

My head hurts!

J

back row: CP (#5), Iniquitiki (#3), Kalai Wa'a (#6 or 7), Tikitastic (#2)
front row: Pele Nani (#6 or 7), JenTiki (#4), PrincessP (#1)

Alameda, CA -- Wednesday, December 10, 2008, saw the first Quarterly Meeting of the Forbidden Island Kill Devil Club Immortals.

Upon the gathering of a quorum of Kill-Devil Immortals, Forbidden Island Proprietor, Martin Cate, presented the Immortals with a Challenge: "Finish off this unopened bottle of "Ron Barcelo Grand Anejo" and each shot is half price!" Having completed the challenge within an hour, the membership was informed that a not-so-anonymous friend of the club had offered to pay the tab for the bottle! This reporter wishes to again extend her gratitude to the "friend of the club" who consistently makes every visit to Forbidden Island a guaranteed evening of incomparable cocktails!

After the completion of the challenge, the remaining member of the club arrived for the first Official Club Photograph. A few of the members, this reporter included, then proceeded to embark upon their second run through the Kill-Devil Rum List!

The only remaining question: When an existing Immortal completes the list a second time, does the member get a second plaque on the rum shelf, or perhaps a brass bar to hang from the original plaque? It is expected that there will be plenty of time for Martiki to contemplate the question before actually needing to commemorate such an event.

A heartfelt "thank you" to Mr. Cate, the Kill Devil Club Immortals, and the staff of the Best Tiki Lounge in the USofA for a grand evening!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-12-12 12:49 ]

TWO

Get your own thread you Elitists. This is for the Wednesday night Commoners.

J

I thought we'd banished you weeks ago!

On 2008-12-12 13:56, Tai Won On wrote:
Get your own thread you Elitists. This is for the Wednesday night Commoners.

The Kill Devil Club is open to all. All you need is a pink sign-off sheet, a credit card, and stubborness combined with poor impulse control.

On 2008-12-12 14:44, Kālai Waʻa wrote:

The Kill Devil Club is open to all. All you need is a pink sign-off sheet, a credit card, and stubborness combined with poor impulse control.

Fez-O-Rama has a fez for that:

M

air = cold
drinks = hot

you will feel better. come now. thank you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies