Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

MT

Who's thirsty?

Wednesday the 6th of August I'll be setting foot in Forbidden island for the first time, can wait.

On 2008-07-25 20:53, atomictonytiki wrote:
Wednesday the 6th of August I'll be setting foot in Forbidden island for the first time, can wait.

sweet! I know there will be quite a few TC Ohana there that night....

Have a great time AT!
Wish I could be there to toast one with you.

J

I'm hoping there will be a good handful of the ohana there on Tuesday, the 5th as well. :wink:

To Mai Tai and Coco Loco. I had a great time meeting you at FI and look forward to seeing you at San Diego. What a great bar you have to relax in.

M

Wednesday the 6th of August I'll be setting foot in Forbidden island for the first time

Tomorrow night, cool beans. August 6th, atomictony, go figure...what are the odds?

I'll be doing my best to make the arduous trek out to the mysterious, yet comfortably suburban, Isle de Alameda. This is like our own modern day Magellan hitting the shores and taking in the waters. Round the world, baby. I thought Alameda was far.

Well, it is...

el midnite

We went to the The Tonga Room and Hurricane Bar last night had a very nice Mai Tai and Singapore sling, and then went to eat chowder in a bread bowl thing, very sailory. Then we went to the penny arcade museum and spent a ton of quarters.

Unlike Magellan who never went all the way around the world but died in the Philippines, I'm more the tiki Juan Sebastian Elcano who led the remaining group around the world, and like him i have some trade goods to swap. Having failed to bring home some tiki mugs from the wild so far, i have some "hold fast" mugs, with me that have twice crossed the pacific, all the way around New Zealand and sat on the beach in Fiji, anybody want to swap some mugs tonight?

H

I'll be there! I mean, I'd be there anyway, 'cause, y'know, I get thirsty on Wednesdays. But I am so looking forward to finally meeting atomictonytiki that I'm going to try to be there twice. Or double. Or extra. Or in a more tall way. Or something, I dunno. But I'm GOING TO BE THERE OH YES.

But mug-free. The only mugs I'd be interested in parting with are the lame ones that no one wants. Ain't it always the way?

See you soon!

I'm up to my eyeballs in sewing and can't get away, dammit....

Really missed out on meeting ya.

The missus and I had a wonderfull time last wednesday, it was fantastic too meet you all in person, we almost didn't make it back into san francisco that evening, we missed the last bus but then a late bus turned up, we ran out of cash for train tickets but then a bank card i'd maxed out months before worked in the ticket machine. Truley the tiki gods were getting us home safley that night.

In all our round the world travels I think we left the best till last.

MT

It's Wednesday. Who's thirsty? :)

H

It's Wednesday, and last I checked, I was within an hours' drive of Forbidden Island.

I'm doin' it. Not because my liver wants it (ow, hurty...), but because I can, and there are so many out there who cannot.

There are people going thirsty out there... we must go to Forbidden Island for all those poor souls who cannot. We must keep the home fires burning so that on that fateful day when some sad-sack tikiphile from the frozen tundra finally scores a business trip to the Bay Area, Forbidden Island is still going strong, with a frosty cocktail waiting for them.

Come on, gang, let's do it! Let's go to Forbidden Island! It's an investment in the future of tiki!

Very tempting. I'm going through post Oasis withdrawals and need to see some smiling faces sucking down tropical libations.

JB

I'm eyeing Tiki Ti this evening for those very reasons!

H

Well whaddya know, it's Wednesday again! And yep, sure enough, just like clockwork, I am thirsty once again. See you all tonight!

J

IN!

TofuJoe and I will be hanging around down there from about 6:30 - 7:30. Hey! Come by and meet MY MOM, Cougar Extraordinaire (She'll be in rhinestone-studded jeans tonight)!

H

On 2008-09-03 16:52, Haole'akamai wrote:
TofuJoe and I will be hanging around down there from about 6:30 - 7:30. Hey! Come by and meet MY MOM, Cougar Extraordinaire (She'll be in rhinestone-studded jeans tonight)!

OH MY HOLY YES. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll swing by earlier than I'd intended.

Kim and I are in for drinks at FI tonight!

Wish I could go, but I am broke(n). Luckily, some people will be giving me drinkin' money this Sunday at the parking lot sale.
Thirsty!

J

I'm in for one or two. But gotta get home in time to continue refining one of my contest entries.

Not 100% sure I'll make it tonight ...

not likely that we'll be making it tonight. Have fun, you crazy kids....

MT

I don't think we're going to make it tonight, either. Saving our pennies for the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale this Sunday. Have fun, kids!

MT

It's Wednesday! Who's thirsty??? :D

I'm thirsty and heading up to FI in about an hour.

Was there earlier this evening. Sorry I missed you guys. Hope to see you in about a week at the Sacramento home bar crawl.
Brenda

Yep...I left around 8pm...after about 4 Monkey Pods...only had a slight buzz and got home around 10pm...amazing no stop and go traffic shaved off about 1/2 hour on the commute.

MT

Wow, we must have missed you guys by minutes! That sucks! :( I'm surprised that no one told us that you had been there. A few of us straggled in at various times last night, including the folks from Portland, and Vanessa, and Otto, and Mig. Anyways, it sounds like a good time was had by all. Mark and Hanford were on a mission to get me annihilated, by ordering me a birthday Mystery Bowl followed by a 5x Painkiller. Next thing you know, I discover that I'm down the street at The Lost Weekend! Wheeeeee!!!

Mai Tai.....you forgot about the Fugu for Two for 1 that started your downward spiral last night before you had the birthday mystery bowl and the 5x Painkiller.

I'll be there tonight for a short spell.

H

Yah mo b there.

J

Oops, I'm late. I was there.

Good night at FI tonight!!! Drunken fun is always good! AND the new drinks are excellent!!!

All kind of parts of my head hurt.

ugh.

MT

It's Wednesday. Who's thirsty?

S

I know all of you are there RIGHT NOW, but... anyone planning on being at FI next Wed? I know it's the day before the crawl and we'll all be there on Saturday, but I'm curious because I'm coming into town on Wednesday afternoon.

Lemme know.

Suzanne

T

Suzanne

I am probably going to be there on Wednesday.

I fly into SFO on Tuesday, and will spend that night with some family in San Rafael.
Will probably do the art museum on Weds. afternoon, and then head to the East Bay that evening...
I want to pre-game at FI before there's a big Crawl Crowd later in the weekend.

See you there!

S

Awesome, JT. I look forward to seeing you!

Suzanne

S

Hope to see some of you tomorrow night!

Suzanne

(Also, this is my 420th post. Is that scary? Perhaps.)

H

As far as I'm concerned, the tiki crawl starts tonight! Can't wait to see some happy friendly out-of-town faces... see you around 8 or so.

I got a hankerin' for something to douse my thirst.

Martin...5pm...Don't make me knock.

J

Looks like it's time for another episode of the Ron & Jen show! :wink:

J

Tonight there was a rare gathering of 80% of the Forbidden Island Kill-Devil Club Elite!

Anyone heading over tonight? It's been 2 weeks without Forbidden Island, gotta get back.....I am planning on being @ FI around 7:30 this evening.

On 2008-10-22 16:20, Tikitastic wrote:
Anyone heading over tonight? It's been 2 weeks without Forbidden Island, gotta get back.....I am planning on being @ FI around 7:30 this evening.

Goddamn, it's tempting. I may see ya there.

C
CP posted on Wed, Oct 22, 2008 5:47 PM

I'll try to slip in.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies