Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Mar 7, 2007 7:12 PM

I got 1 roberto loco artist proof mug ready for testing!!!!!!!

CL

Gosh darned,

Did we miss it Notch?! Come on down tonight if you're able.

CL

On 2007-03-07 19:12, NOTCH wrote:
I got 1 roberto loco artist proof mug ready for testing!!!!!!!

Debuting my new "Elvis Blue Hawaii" apron tonight! Ooooooooh, don't miss it!!!

:P

MT

Sounds good. I'll be catching the tail end of happy hour tonight, and I'll be bringing a friend or two.

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2007 7:01 PM

You can count me in!!!!! (I'd like a nui nui porfavors)

T

I'm heading over now...see anyone who'll be there.

Fries and a Mai Tai for me.

Hope you all have fun tonight. I am going to make my first visit to FI this Saturday night. Probably get there around 9 or 10pm. Save a drink for me. :)

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 5:57 PM

I'm bringing a special guest!!!

Woot!

I can't wait to see the new paint job on Senor Loco....

T

I'm feeling like a zombie from my allergies, so I might as well go drink one.

Anyone else? Or will I be holding down the end of the bar by myself tonight.

H

We'll be there! Towards the later end of the evening.

oh...

What to wear, what to wear...

MT

I'm baaaa-aaack!!! And I'm thirsty!!! :drink:

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2007 6:55 PM

You can count me in!!! see ya all there

M

*I'm baaaa-aaack!!! And I'm thirsty!!! *

And it should be a Donn Beach "Nui Nui"...but only if you've already tasted many of the sweet nectar that is "La Guildive".*

Aw shucks, we missed ya. Hey, I'm old and needed my rest, plus next week I'm like Webster's Dictionary, so...out of FI by 1930.

See whomever next time...if I live that long. Next time will likely be the Anniversary Party, Allah willing. Somebody save me a spot in line, there may be treats from the far, uh...East-ish? Again, assuming of course that "Midnight Express" was purely a work of Hollywood fiction and in no way a representation of facts on the ground in that part of the world. Oh shit, never mind.

Ahtag lekhedmet el ghoraf! Club Sandwich, Sahib...Clu-hub San-dah-wich!

I'm doomed,
el midnite abu lombard

*Hope I spelled that correctly, I've been waiting to hype this cocktail for weeks, no months, I tell ya. It's that good. No, it's better.

CL

Just got home after a long long day. Debating. Is anyone thirsty this evening?

H

We're headed out the door, nowish!

Bad bad Coco Loco and Mai Tai. :wink: Sorry we missed you guys. And we do miss you guys. :) While I love it, learning a new job and clients is exhausting. We'll see ya a bunch next week. :)

MT

Roll call - who's thirsty?

CL

I'm formally stating, that even if I'm near comatose, I'm showing up tonight. I miss you guys! :)

P.S. Yes, Mai Tai and I are on different computers in different parts of the house. The question came up last weekend. :)

H

Christ on a crutch, am I thirsty!

See you all tonight!

On 2007-04-18 15:31, Coco Loco wrote:
P.S. Yes, Mai Tai and I are on different computers in different parts of the house. The question came up last weekend. :)

NERDS! I bet you know 80's music trivia too :D

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

On 2007-04-18 15:38, Humuhumu wrote:
Christ on a crutch,

Hey, is he gonna be there, too?!

T

I'm hoping to be there, but not until a bit later in the eve.

M

CHRIST

M

ON

M

A

CRUTCH!

M

CRUTCH!

M

HEY!

M

in case Christ on a Crutch wasn't enough of a loose cannon, we might just stir a little boobam into mix tonight...

CL

Yep, especially when we're hijinked into to singing it at 3:00 in the morning. :wink:

On 2007-04-18 15:38, Chongolio wrote:

On 2007-04-18 15:31, Coco Loco wrote:

NERDS! I bet you know 80's music trivia too :D

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

T

A special guest and I will be arriving around 9:30 as his flight lands around 9:00 (unless they throw him off the plane before it takes off).

Where iz you at?!!

M

Christ on a crutch!

At one point I thought I had accidently consumed a very strong beverage...because I couldn't understand a word that Christ on a crutch was saying...then realized that he wasn't speaking in English. He had switched over to German. Of course! Silly me.

One of the many fun highlights was seeing Jab and Christ on a crutch taking over, er creating a dance section... along with Humuhumu. Hopefully the "drunken" pictures will make their way to posting. :D It was a pleasure meeting Christ on a Crutch as well as our visting German Ohana. Very fun evening.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-04-19 11:58 ]

T

Hans and I had a blast!

Stooges tonight!

Christ on a Crutch, I can't believe he's gone already!

Here's my pics from last Wednesday's Ed Siege:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/christonacrutch/

:up: Ed brings out the snarky in the Jab

:up: The man of the hour

:up: AAAAAHH! HE'S MULTIPLYING!

:up: Wolli, visiting from Germany, and his friend

:up: See? I told you. Snarky.

Special bonus: here are pics of Jab, Ed, Mig, Hanford & me at Kaleidoscope on Friday:
http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/kaleidoscope/

T

Thanks Humuhumu for documenting Hans/CristOnACrutch/Ed's visit! We were in no condition to touch anything mechanical like a camera. Only females were handled during Operation Hans On You!

[ Edited by: thejab 2007-04-24 14:28 ]

Sorry Ed had to go home disappointed that I didn't throw him out. :(

My buddy Rick (creator of cocktail blog Kaiserpenguin.com -- yes, he's still alive, despite lack of posting evidence to the contrary) is in town from Pennsylvania and will be at FI tonight. Hope to see some folks there!

-your favorite mongoose

I LOVE kaiserpenguin.com!! Make sure you guys introduce yourselves tonight.

MT

Mr. Smiley is in town for the rest of the week, staying at Casa de Mai Tai as he finishes up moving his stuff out of the Ugh house, so we will be swinging by tonight as well. And we're thirsty!!!

H

We'll be Alameda bound this evening, as well! Looking forward to meeting Herr Kaiser Penguin.

What a hoot! Mahalo for coming on over last night, everyone. I had a great time (except for having to clean up the four beers Mondo spilled - :P). So many of the TC Ohana, squished in, here and there. You guys really do make the job really good.

RikiTikiTavi, mahalo for bring your pals in. KAHAKA, it's been a awhile; mahalo for coming up with the SJ La Raza. TheDed1, quick but sweet. And the other motley regular TCers, just Mahalo!

CL

Mahalo back at ya Haole'akamai. FI wouldn't be the same without you there in fun, friendship, and presence. :)

I had keep it chill with only one beverage, but I definitely had a good time seeing the ever kool FI crew and talking with TC friends.
Until next time...-Falin

M

TONIGHT!

Join in the fun at Forbidden Island's 1st ever "Please drink all the stout because no one buys it in warm weather" party!

Tonight only: Delicious El Toro Oatmeal Stout from Morgan Hill, CA - just $2 until the keg goes pop!

FUCK YEAH!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies