Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Mar 11, 2009 6:49 AM

I'm gonna make my way for a few drinks tonight and help celebrate JT 29th B-day!
so who else is In???

L

I am going to celebrate my birthday...oh yeah and Jungle Trader's too.

Look forward to meeting some of you all :)

J

Can we get confirmation that Jungle Trader is actually going to be in attendance?

He'll be there...along with another MIA tiki socialite from the valley

M

Vic's birthday rocks! His birthday is about the best birthday I have celebrated this week, no make that this month. I even wore my "Vic" signature jacket. What a fun time at the ole FI tonight. I cannot wait until next Wednesday, and even better, next year for Vic's birthday.

Happy Birthday, JT!

One door closes, another door...goes in the trunk,
midnite

L

I had such a nice time meeting all of you who came out and putting a name to a face. Wouldn't of wanted to spend my birthday any other place.

Look forward to seeing you all in the future :)

MT

Wow, good times at F.I. tonight indeed! JT's birthday spankings, Kill Devil list celebrations, cake, drinks, catching up with some old ohana that you haven't seen in a while, meeting some new ohana, seeing your friend fall asleep at the bar, it just doesn't get much better than that. What an exceptionally great day I've had today, topped off by an exceptionally fantastic night! Happy Birthday, Jungle Trader and leleliz! I'm gonna have to walk back tomorrow, to, er, ummm, pick my car up....

On 2009-03-11 22:34, midnite_tiki wrote:
One door closes, another door...goes in the trunk,

Just be careful of the curse of the doors. One trunk latch broken, several cases of door envy noted.

On 2009-03-12 01:35, Mai Tai wrote:

... Kill Devil list celebrations ...

Did Patrick get his plaque?

Is there going to be a Mark II Kill-Devil list that reflects all the substitutions?

TS

thanks for making this past wednesday super fun. see you all again soon.

You know what,........it was a real good time. I enjoyed it immensely. Good thing I wore my inflatable buttocks. Now I know who "The Shiv" is. Susan needs a TC moniker, or not.
Thank you staff of FI for helping to make the evening so much fun.

MT

That was such a good time, that you'll need to start having birthdays more often, Vic. Maybe once every three months?

I took some really good pics that I promise I'll upload by this Sunday, including birthday and Kill Devil shenanigans!

Sorry Bill, I only celebrate every 4 years. Makes it more special, just like you, special.

On 2009-03-14 09:22, Jungle Trader wrote:
Sorry Bill, I only celebrate every 4 years. Makes it more special, just like you, special.

special as in ahhhh very nice, like a Aunt or Grandma is,
or Special as in short bus and needing to wear a helmet?

Just Razzin ya Bill.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

MT

Here's the awesome birthday cake that Susan made for Vic

Vic making his birthday wish

Oh wow, looks like his birthday wish came true!!! Happy Birthday, Vic!!! :D

This is what I'd like to call the "Give Me What He's Drinking" section:

Stay classy, Alameda! :drink:

[EDIT: some pics in this thread never happened. Ignore.]

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2009-03-25 13:17 ]

MT

On 2009-03-12 11:50, Kālai Waʻa wrote:
Did Patrick get his plaque?

Indeed he did!!! :)

Here is Melissa, placing Patrick's plaque with the immortals:

Close up of Patrick's plaque:

Congrats, big guy!!!

A HUGE congratulations and Mahalo to Patrick Callahan, our 9th Kill Devil winner!
It took our man from Coronado, Ca 27 visits to Forbidden Island to complete the list. According to Google maps, it's 494 miles door to door. Hence, it took him 13,388 miles from start to finish! Now that shows dedication.
Thanks to all who were there Weds to celebrate not only this major feat, but JT's and Leleliz' b/days as well! It was a lot of fun and good to see everyone again!

ALOHA!!

On 2009-03-15 19:23, Mai Tai wrote:

Stay classy, Alameda! :drink:

awwww, Notch all wrapped up snug in his blanky, how cute.

S

I frickin' miss you people.

Suzanne

tell that guy,to open his eyes.
sheeeeesh.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-25 22:18 ]

Gotta Drink!

Have to make up for not having alcohol last night.

Iniquitiki

MT

Who's thirsty? :drink:

Hmmm...

Wish I could be there...a Mai Tai would SO hit the spot right now!

Pele Nani and I will be along around 7ish or a little later.

See you!

See you there.

yes

It's been weeks since I've been able to make a Wednesday night... too long! I'm thirsty! I'm planning on making it tonight, as long as there isn't a repeat of last night's San Mateo Bridge catastrophe.

I'm beginning to "hanker for a hunk of" rum!

H

A slab or slice or chunk of?

nice

The Winds of Change, may see me working some Wed nites
so I better come today A few Maker's Mark chocolates left for attendees

C
CP posted on Wed, Apr 15, 2009 6:18 PM

You guys were the deciding factor of whether or not I went and saw green day for a second night. See ya at FI.

Thanks to a new work assignment I can be in the Bay Area biweekly on Wednesday nights for a few months. That means I'll be at FI biweekly starting tomorrow. Getting thirsty already...

RR

Nice Gig!!
I will be there Wed.

MT

I'm thirsty!!!

Heading over to FI after work this coming Wednesday. I can taste the Monkeypod now!!!

I will be there
Heard I can get a killer Pimm's Cup there

Rum Runner,

If the work gods permit...I will see you there.

South bay will be represented tonight!

M

I understand Alameda is quite lovely this time of year. I'd like to go back to the Forbidden Island someday, maybe hurl myself against the wall. What the heck, my court-appointed therapist is on vacation, what could go wrong? I'll be there, with my minder, of course.

Plus, the prodigal nephew is in town and wishes to take in the waters as he loves the tiki drinks. Somebody raised him right.

uncle midnite

edited for an inappropriate comment about the current Tamil separatist movement in Sri Lanka.

[ Edited by: midnite_tiki 2009-05-13 10:41 ]

Looking forward to seeing you guys. It's been too long!

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:30 ]

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, May 13, 2009 2:06 PM

looking forward to having a refreshing drink and a break from work..
South Bay Crew Unite!!!!

MT

I'm thirsty!!!

On 2009-05-13 12:27, surfalaia wrote:
I will be gracing the already graceful Forbidden Island with my presence next Wednesday night (the 20th) in case any of you are keen to drink with a stranger. I will be in town from very warm and very tiki-lacking Phoenix. Hope to meet some of you there!

Looks like I'll be thirsty next week too!

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:31 ]

Great service, fabulous ambiance, delish drinks...thanks as always FI...my goulfriends and I had a nice time. Boy that drive home to Sac is a killer...had to avoid Mr. Motorcycle Cop in Lafayette, Highway Putroll in Fairfield and Natomas. :)

M

And on the third day let the waters be gathered together into one place and let the dry appear.

Translation: Wednesday Rum Forbidden Island Thirsty...Amen!

We shall be congregating at the place tonight to take in the waters. Praise the Lime!

Let there be light!...and dark, rum.

Why, yes, I am going to hell. Papal blessing notwithstanding.
midnite

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies