Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

Thanks to all for a fun time at FI last night! We had a blast. Thanks for the birthday wishes and goodies! Added 2 more drinks to my short list, and got another fantastic Forbidden Island mug!

The newly painted mural on the outside of the building is really great, martiki! Congrats on your continued success and long lines to get in on the weekend!!

I feel so at home at the Forbidden Island... the drinks might help out a bit too!

• Myke
H

:music: It's the most wonderful time... of the week! :music:

Sorry, I've got Christmas on the brain after watching Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July yesterday to celebrate our nation's birth. Hey, we all celebrate in our own way, and Rankin/Bass is mine.

We're headed out Alameda way tonight -- see you all soon!

J

I'm a late starter, but here's my tally so far:

Neptune's Garden (3... I think)
China Clipper
Forbidden Island (with the fabulous mug!)
Leilani Volcano
Suffering Bastard
Fog Cutter
Boo Loo
Missionary's Downfall
Sidewinder's Fang
Spindrift (shared)
Coconut Kallaloo
Macadamia Nut Chi Chi
Combover
Captain's Grog

and not on the menu:
Chris' Blood Lust
Mojito

I'm not listing the ones I've only tasted because I really can't remember them all.

I'm sure I'll be adding 4-5 more before this week is up. I'm thirsty already!

Humu and I will be at Forbidden Island tonight ... hope to see some familiar faces there!

~Hanford

S

I hope you are all having fun over there at FI... I'm home. Boo.

Suzanne

EVERY NIGHT is a TC night at Forbidden Island. :D Seems like we're always there. Just thought I'd bump this one up. :wink:

See ya tonight in SF Suzanne!

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-07-21 11:50 ]

J

Well, let's just bump it again. Wednesday, August 2nd, I'll be celebrating my b-day and finishing the menu at FI, so let's get everybody there! Sure, it's two weeks away, but that gives everyone time to recover from the crawl.

S

I'm all for bumping! hehehe

Happy Early Birthday, Jentiki! I'll put it on the calendar to make sure to make it to Forbidden Island that night (if I don't get stongarmed into a work party that night, ug. I'll still make it somehow!)

My birthday is August 10th, and since August 9th is a FI night, I think I might just have to add to my list of FI drinks consumed by celebrating there the week after you do!

Hurray for August Leos!

Suzanne

J

Okay, who's joining me at FI this Wednesday to watch me polish off the drink menu and help celebrate my birthday? My Scorpion Bowl will have many staws.

S

I'll be there! Hurray!

Suzanne

H

We'll be there, too, naturally. We haven't been since last Wednesday, and I'm dyin'!

CL

Can't speak for Mai Tai, but I'm thirsty! Aww heck, sure I can... He's thirsty too! :D

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-01 20:03 ]

CL

The Mai Tai Locos will be there around sometime around 7/8ish, after Coconut Chicken supper.

We'll only be able to stay for one cocktail. Early morning tomorrow. :P

See all'ya all later.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-02 08:13 ]

J

Congratulations to Baronishiki on completing the Forbidden Island menu last night!! And thanks for waiting :wink:
You rock my man!

Congratulations to you as well. And Happy B-day too.

H

Headed out the door riiiiiiight...... now! See you all soon.

J

Anyone other than me headed to Forbidden Island tonight?

I'll be there~

MT

How dry I yam...

C

I'm tempted to drive over after work some Wednesday, maybe even this very one. This is a bit of a challenge, though, since work is in Mountain View and home is in San Jose. Is there an obvious way to tell the Tiki Central crowd? (Sadly, my two Hawaiian print shirts are both in the laundry today.)

H

We're headed out pretty soon here -- and we're bringing my Daddy-O! Without Dad, I wouldn't have been able to build The Humuhumu Room, and I wouldn't have lived in Hawaii when I was a tyke.

Chipotle, welcome to Tiki Central, and do join us some time at Forbidden Island. There are generally a good number of aloha shirts being worn there, but not exclusively by TCers, so that may not be your best bet. You can ask one of the bartenders, or the server, and they'll point you in the right direction. Or you could just randomly ask people, it's a pretty friendly vibe there.

R

After weeks of lurking around TC and drinking from the home bar, I'm finally ready to dive in and enjoy a proper Mai Tai. I'm driving down to the Island tonight to learn from the masters. I'll be the one next to the hot chick on two wheels.

Can't wait

J

For those of you in the Bay Area who have yet to make it to Forbidden Island on a Wednesday, here are a few pics from last night's gathering.

Tofu Joe, The Jab, Otto von Stroheim, AquaZombie, and FI regular Paul ... I wouldn't want to mess with these guys

Humuhumu and "Daddy" (really, that's how he introduced himself)

Buster, Hanford, and FI regular Dave, with Martiki and Tofu Joe lurking in the background

Some come on down next Wednesday and join in the tiki goodness that is TC night at FI!!

CL

[
Humuhumu and "Daddy" (really, that's how he introduced himself)

Some come on down next Wednesday and join in the tiki goodness that is TC night at FI!!

Errr Humu, is that your dad? If so, sorry we missed meeting him. If not, I thought he looked TOO young to be "daddy". :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-31 14:42 ]

T

Who's your daddy?

Humuhumu's dad Tim is a real cool cat. I invited him to join us on the fun train to Reno in January.

H

Yep, that's my Daddy-O! We had a great time last night, Dad LOVED Forbidden Island, especially the Painkillers. Typhoon Tim was in fine form -- by the end of the night, I think I saw some Eskimos who were over the moon with a new set of snowballs Dad had sold 'em. I'm sorry you weren't able to join us last night, Coco Loco. You guys missed a great turnout!

CL

Hellooooo, is anybody thirsty? :wink:

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-09-06 16:47 ]

T

Bummer! We didn't get home from the endless road trip until ten o'clock. Hope to meet your dad another time, Humu!!!

CL

Bump. It's Weds!

J

I'm in, mostly to replace the FI mug I dropped in the parking lot getting into my car last night. Won't be around for long though. Gotta prepare for my show tomorrow.

T

I'm Parched.

CL

It's a PARTY at FI Weds night...well it's always a party at FI. But Weds nite is No CA Septemberites birthday gathering. Birthdays this month, that I know of are, Mai Tai (21), Conga Mike (22), and Humuhumu (25). If I missed anyone please let me know. So ya'll know what we'll be toastin to. See ya then.

Just noticed that this transposed into another thread as November. It's September! :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-09-19 09:44 ]

YEA! I get to join the fun tomorrow night! Lucky for me that I am conducting a training class in Fremont, so I will drive up to FI on both Wed and Thurs night to join the festivities. Hats and whistles for everyone!

See you tomorrow night!

• Myke
T

On 2006-09-18 21:12, Coco Loco wrote:
Birthdays this month, that I know of are, Mai Tai (21), Conga Mike (22), and Humuhumu (25).

Damn, they're all much younger than I thought they were! :wink:

I'm going to see Mission of Burma in the city on Wednesday but I'll try to stop by on the way home if it's not too late.

On 2006-09-18 21:12, Coco Loco wrote:
Birthdays this month, that I know of are, Mai Tai (21), Conga Mike (22), and Humuhumu (25).

Correction to this ; Conga Mike - 20th-tomorrow.
Looking forward to having a toast/ drink with my fellow TC Septemberites!!
See ya then

Gee, I'm only 28 but I feel so OLLLLD.

Hope to see youse tonight Mike...but...uh...aren't we gonna hafta post a lookout for the Alameda fuzz?

On 2006-09-20 14:40, tikivixen wrote:

Hope to see youse tonight Mike...but...uh...aren't we gonna hafta post a lookout for the Alameda fuzz?

Uh, yeah, if you're turning 20, Mike, we'll have to hold you at the door and sing happy birthday from the street.

H

We'll be headin' out tonight, and we'll be bringing CAKE*! And possibly Mig!

** Cake edibility not guaranteed.*

CL

mmmmmm mmmmmmm, cake! Yes please. :D

CAKE?!? WHEN????

:lol:

We'll be there 'round eight or so.

Before I forget, Humuhumu makes good cake! Scrumdidliumpicious.

Thanks Humu, for making the little hula girl coconut cake -- and sharing it! mmmmmmm, cake. :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-09-22 10:41 ]

H

My pleasure! Here's the cake that didn't make the trip:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21135&forum=10&0

So, Hukilau fever is setting in (well, more like flaring, I've been Hukilau-crazy for months now). Who else is on the JetBlue nonstop out of Oakland leaving a week from Wednesday at 11:30pm? I think there are a few of us, perhaps we should coordinate a trip to the airport directly from Forbidden Island that night?

On 2006-09-25 16:31, Humuhumu wrote:
Who else is on the JetBlue nonstop out of Oakland leaving a week from Wednesday at 11:30pm? I think there are a few of us, perhaps we should coordinate a trip to the airport directly from Forbidden Island that night?

Well, TofuJoe & I are leaving on the 8am American Airlines flight the next morning, so I guess we'll just have to see you off on Wedneday after next.

Other than that, we hape to see y'all tomorrow night!

We're in. Don't know how much fun we'll be on the flight though since we'll probably be sleeping. zzzzz zzzz :)

[Who else is on the JetBlue nonstop out of Oakland leaving a week from Wednesday at 11:30pm? I think there are a few of us, perhaps we should coordinate a trip to the airport directly from Forbidden Island that night?

Humu and I are in for tonight!

CL

Like a Weds without sunshine. :wink:

On 2006-09-27 17:39, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Humu and I are in for tonight!

MT

I've done worked up a powerful thirst! Forbidden Island here I come!

J

Right behind ya Mai Tai!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies