Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clysdalle's Carvin....UPDATE! Frankie is SMOOOOKIN....time for hardware and GREEN pg 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 278 replies

L

So since you just got a tiki done the purists on here now give you permission to go back to posting some of your Non-Tiki paintings :wink:

Great carve. I really like the little skulls around the bottom.

great carve!

Amy

B

ToTally Awesome Clysdale

Just plain Beautiful work.

That thing is purdy.

Good stuff!

Love how it all fits together, yet can be broken up in so many parts.

Superb finishing moves also!

Thanks everyone! It was great to get back to the carving again. I have a nice new log pulled out of the stack for the next one already. I want to make sure 7 months doesn't go by between carving ever again. Thanks again for checking out my hackin!

So this is the reason ........

and now it is done.

That is a beauty. I LOVE the mouth.

Thanks Surfin, that is my favorite part also!

are ya gonna twitter it?
:)

Incredible carving!
I like the stains and the lil skulls at the bottom

Really clever use of the skulls! Looks great without and with the poly coating. Just checked out your web site. Great layout and work! Dude, you are a multitalented artist. Keep up the great work.

** If anyone hasn't checked David's Web Site then I encourage you to do so or you will be missing out on some exceptional art work.**

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything

[ Edited by: Tikilizard 2009-05-20 15:07 ]

Hey Lizard, thanks so much for the support and taking the time to check out my stuff. Most of my work spans many realms of lowbrow art...but I try not post too much non-tiki stuff. Thanks again for taking a spin through the rest of the art family!

On 2009-05-20 19:14, Clysdalle wrote:
...but I try not post too much non-tiki stuff.

Really? :wink:

H
hewey posted on Thu, May 21, 2009 2:28 AM

Heya, that finished tiki is sweeeet :D

Thanks Hewey!!

Clysdalle, Please post what ever you like. You carve tiki's and post them so you should post your other work along with them. I enjoy seeing the influence other forms of art have on tiki designs. It's inspirational to see that design doesn't have to come from one source.

Thanks Lizard....

Just finished up a new T-shirt design based on this tiki....for those that don't check the "Other Art" section, here you go....

Available at Oasis...and in stock for online ordering in a week or so...

B

Man, you do the Coolest Octopusses and this one is just as great! Thanks for posting him on this side.

S

Tiki looks fantastic!

SD

Oooooooh, I wants one!

JEn

F

Wow! Very original!

C

Thanks for checking it out guys! I have a new tiki drawing in the works for my next carving, so we'll see what kind of twisted interpretation I can bang out this time!!

Bump!Bitchin art my friend,aloha , Mooney

C

Time to get back into some wood choppin! Having withdrawals and it's time to get back in! I had this beautiful old log, rock hard and perfect grain just asking to be cut up so I spent Saturday skinning, planing and preping for the next carvings....

I think we might be looking at a carved version of my Mai Kai Decanter and a Frank head but we'll see.....

Hope to close on a new house soon so I can have a damn chop event!

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 4:28 PM

Jeez Dave...now I know who gave me all that extra weight! Your lookin' like a rock star brother!

C

Hey thanks man!!! We're getting there....just a bit more and I can hammer some spam musibi!!!!

S

What ya got going on there?

C

right now, a blank canvas.....but these logs are too pretty to sit alone for long so I'm gong to try and get out there asap and start making some progress.

B

Can't wait,,,,HURRY UP! :)

Well I don't really care what Dave's not Home wants! The lab is open and before my tiki gets done, this frank needed to get done. It's one of those things that I love to carve and I always seem to get them a little closer to what I want each time....so here we go again! A new Tikifrank is born in the laboratory!

Just a bunch of sanding left and of course the hardware!...and hopefully this weekend I can get some stain on him!!

Awesome Job , Fun!

B
BigToe posted on Fri, Oct 2, 2009 7:52 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!

B

COOl lookin FrankenTiki! excellent carving job Clysdalle.

C

Some more work from last weekend on the franky...

Oh FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!

next up this weekend, green stain and hardware and he will be finished!!

awesome frankie dude

B

Dayyuum Man, He's Lookin' Ultra cool and so Alive. I love the shadows here in this shot, it looks like your ghosts from trials past, with the ghost of the guy who ended up with a thumb hangin ouy on the left side of his face. Look here between your chin and the torch lighter for this freaky ghost then RUN!

:o

:P

:D

A
AKUAE posted on Sat, Feb 27, 2010 1:47 AM

ABSOLUT PERFECT
GREAT JOB

HOPE TO SEE FRANKIE FINISHED SOON
AKUAE

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 278 replies