Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Clysdalle's Carvin....UPDATE! Frankie is SMOOOOKIN....time for hardware and GREEN pg 19

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 278 replies

K
Kahu posted on Fri, Jul 11, 2008 9:20 PM

SWEET MOTHER!! That is cool design. Reminds me of Jaksin's style.

H

Great chops mate :D

thanks guys!!! and teakey I'm going to cut it in half and sell both now that I see how well it will look! :)

So when are you going to carve a TIKI, though?

:P

Frankie...you look absolutely maaaaahvulus!!!

but come on...everybody does tikis :wink: it's so last week

Ha! Great Frankie, Clyde!

Hey thanks hank! and now with your finished....the battle at the freakout show can begin!!! Babs bunnies are on my team!

C

Holy crap...it's been a long time since I was able to get out the chisels and get after a log but this weekend I finally dusted them off and hacked away. Only about 2 hours into this guy but it was great to dig into some wood again, as I had not carved since the last Frank way back before Oasis. Anyway...here is a new guy I just started....Still needs TONS of work and shaping but all I could crank out the short time. Good to be back!!!!

Haha! That finally answers my question in the first post on this page!

Nice, Dave. Come to the next chop!

C

I know....only 7 months later!!! When is the next chop? I'm in AZ the weekend of the 20th....but the other two are open...

B

Welcome home, stranger.

C

No kidding...as I was carving this weekend I forgot just how much I missed it. I won't let that much time go by again! I'm back!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 9, 2009 6:53 PM

Whooooa! Glad Im sitting down - a TIKI from Clydesdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

Nice! this guy is going to turn out great.

Hey thanks guys...I hope this sucka doesn't take me 7 more months to get done!

maybe this carving will take you away from all that non-tiki work you've been immersed in lately!
looking nice at this stage...
any more skulls besides the one on his head?

B

LOVE IT!!!!! where is my sketchbook. i have to finish my knock-off painting before u finish the sculpt!!!!

dammit...i am gonna bring my carving stuff and "Suck it, Bowana" to AZ!

L

I never saw any of these posts before. I really dig the Cheeky Moai, the bowing pin and the Frankentiki guys . (oh yeah and the tiki tikis are good too!)

Thanks leleliz.....again....hopefully there will be more to see soon!

Oh boy....2 weekends in a row with an actual tiki being carved????? can this be true????

YES!

I got another 2 hours into this guy on Saturday...starting to carve out the little skulls on the bottom who right now look just like Pacman ghosts...I still have a lot big work to do and then tons of clean up. It's been waaaay to long and it's been tough to get my damn hands to do what I want, way out of practice.

I THINK IT IS LOOKING GREAT.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 14, 2009 4:34 PM

Sweeeeet. Love your style mate. Its been too long!

L

Me it makes me rather think about this:

Marvin from "donjon" comics
continue good carving!!

I like how your skulls have less of a "horse-teeth"ish look
Lookin good Clysdalle!
you may suck
but at least this tiki doesn't!

and that's as much of a compliment
you're gettin from me!
:)

the Sculls are very kool , great piece DONT STOP GREAT WORK .

Pfffftt!

and what's up with this thing on your signature?

Are you all Ghost-Faced Killah now?
Calaveras/Tikis/Octopi/Robots/and now Pacman?
whadafug?whadafug?

maybe you should post on MULTIPLE PERSONALITY Central!
:)

AND it's PINK!?!?!?!

what is your problem?

oh boy.....little bit of zip fizz this morning or what????

The little pink ghost was to show my sensitivity to the female haunting portion of the audience....I believe in equal rights for straight, gay, pink, or blue pacman ghosts throughout the land....YES WE CAN!

pfft!

C

Needed a painting and computer break so I got to carve a bit more on Saturday....3 more hours in on this guy. Still have detail work and lots of finish work before he's finished....enjoy!

S

He is looking great!

lookin' wicked there Dave!
Kinda Marquesan
mixed up with a bunch of other stuff
and skulls! skulls! skulls!
eagerly awaiting where you take this....

pfft!
:lol:

Dave!

Good to have ya back!

This one has some wild stuff going on!

The kind of piece that sits in the middle of a room and you just keep walking around it checking out all the crazy lines it has!

C

Thanks guys!It definitely has been a long time between carvings and this guy is really a collection of thoughts, sketches, ideas...like a wooden sketchbook of carving for me. Again, I really missed carving and need to make sure I do more in the future...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-04-06 07:56 ]

Hey TC,

Here is an update on my carving. I've been stealing an hour here and there to try and get him finished up for Bamboo Ben's event and I think he might just get finished under the wire. Here are some progress shots of where he is at...

QUICK!
STAIN HIM!

sweeeeeeet carve! can't wait to see the stained product.

bd

I REALLY like this one, Dave!

Thanks guys! It's been great to get back to some carving...the painting/show season is in full swing so it's a great "back to the basics" activity for me...Now lets burn this sucka!

4/20 was yesterday. Fire it up!!

you've got some serious skillz dave. i dig the skulls.

BT

A cool one.

Took me a minute to 'see' him. :D

At first I was seeing the skull helmet (?) as the head, then I saw the eyes. lol.

Somebody has some skills. Keep up the great carving!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Apr 22, 2009 2:23 AM

Niiiiiice! You should make more tiki for carving ma man!

thanks peeps...I hope to get him at least finished sanded and maybe even the first coats of stain this weekend...we'll have to see!

Ok, it's taken a while but he's finally done...had some time over the weekend and decided he just had to be finished...

The High Priest
42x18

Finished and done
High Priest Tiki
42x18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 278 replies