Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is less than 2 weeks away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 12, possibly 13, Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki (Serving Friday 3:00 - 4:30)
  2. PiPhiRho
  3. Croe67 & Skitiki (Serving on Friday 2:30 - 4:00)
  4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving during After Party Fri. & Sat. Night 12:30 - 1:30)
  5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
  6. Coco Loco & Mai Tai (Maybe!)
  7. Tiki Hula & Blowfish
  8. Billybobaloo & Latiney Wahine (Serving Sat. 4:30 - 5:30)
  9. Sea Tiki
    10.Rum Shaker (Possibly Sat.)
    11.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) Serving Sat. 3:30 - 4:30
    12.Morbid Room (Serving Sat. 4:00 - 5:00 & After party 12:00 - 1:00)
    13.TikiTastic, Panda, Canada Kai Treasure TBD

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list. Thank you for your recent updates.

So far 125 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. I will update you with any new information on this thread.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday and at the shows on Friday and Saturday nights. Plus I will make an effort to visit each room that is hosting. See you there!

Mahalo
Shell in the Pacific

HT

Hi All,

Oasis sounds like a blast, Has anyone ever had a SCAVENGER HUNT at one of these??
Something simple like looking for Drink Coasters, T-shirts, Tiki print shirts, Shot Glasses, Hawaiian print boxers, etc. I am not talking about a printed list before Oasis but a "Lets Make A Deal" type of thing. Where as there is a master list of stuff that roams around the room crawl and whoever has an item gets a point, and at the end of each night the winner is the one with the most points will get a prize. A donated Prize, like a free drink the next night, the before mentioned Hawaiian print boxers, lunch or what ever. I have had some great fun looking for stuff and asking complete strangers for outrageous things. So what do you think...

H2O Tiki

Yeah, maybe add a sobre person the list of things to find.......and good luck with finding them!!

B

Aloha Tiki Central! It's been a while since I posted, but I want to confirm that I will be there with TikiHula to host some drinks in our room.... not sure if he mentioned our new top secret drink recipe or not yet, but you are in for a treat!

I will also be bringing some of my Hula Photography along for viewing and if anyone is interested please let me know. I have a ton pf photos that are not yet up on my website http://www.thehuladance.com and will bring a good mix, but if anyone has a request please let me know.

See you all soon!

On 2007-08-08 16:18, H2O Tiki wrote:
Hi All,

Oasis sounds like a blast, Has anyone ever had a SCAVENGER HUNT at one of these??
Something simple like looking for Drink Coasters, T-shirts, Tiki print shirts, Shot Glasses, Hawaiian print boxers, etc. I am not talking about a printed list before Oasis but a "Lets Make A Deal" type of thing. Where as there is a master list of stuff that roams around the room crawl and whoever has an item gets a point, and at the end of each night the winner is the one with the most points will get a prize. A donated Prize, like a free drink the next night, the before mentioned Hawaiian print boxers, lunch or what ever. I have had some great fun looking for stuff and asking complete strangers for outrageous things. So what do you think...

H2O Tiki

H2O,
Actually, that is how the crawl first started for me. I was considering organizing a scavenger hunt, and discussed the idea with Dr. Z. He started talking about the room crawl idea, and that is how the crawl was born at Oasis 2005. Anyway, the scavenger hunt still sounds like a fun idea, so run with it if you like!
Mahalo,
Shelley

Well, H20tiki, it looks like you've got yourself a job to do......get on it!! You can operate out of me and Latiney Wahines room!

A

One more for the crawl, if I don't fall or stall by the wall in the hall.

-Randy

The Whale Rider and I would like to be added to the list of crawlerz!!

On 2007-08-09 11:35, aquarj wrote:
One more for the crawl, if I don't fall or stall by the wall in the hall.

-Randy

Is that all? We'll pour em tall if you've got the gall!!

T

Blowfish and I will be hosting on Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30
Come and get yourself a Kauiian High!

I will be posting the krawl kards Monday Afternoon, for those who wish to print them out....that way if anyone else plans on stepping behind the bar they can still sign on as hosts......there will be a high res .pdf to download......

A
aquarj posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 4:40 PM

Better tall than small, but just keep your eye on the ball, y'all.

-Randy

On 2007-08-09 16:40, aquarj wrote:

Better tall than small, but just keep your eye on the ball, y'all.

-Randy

Answer the call and bring your doll........

this is getting bad. Is anyone else almost beyond containment with anticipation? This is going to be such a BLAST!!

I

The Cult of the Eye Skrimshaw mug will available at the 1803 lounge starting Friday night!..... Late friday night. Limited availability. Speacial thanks go to Stickmann from the Cult OF the Eye for the design and Gecko Of South Sea arts for sculpting these fine peices.
Mohalo!

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2007-08-10 00:26 ]

I REALLY like that mug!!

[ Edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-10 00:54 ]

TL

1803 lounge is what?

S

You said it billybobaloo "Is anyone else almost beyond containment with anticipation? This is going to be such a BLAST!!"

I can't seem to wipe the grin off my face at work - told the boss I was takin off for a tiki convention. His reply - "There's such a thing as a tiki convention? What do you do at a tiki convention?" ...ohh those with no imagination..sigh

I can't tell if it's butterflies in my stomach or too many drinks at the Pink Elephant. Could be the carne asada burrito with pineapple...

Ikabod - super mug, really like the scrimshaw look. It's a keeper.

Can't wait! Bring more rum ;-}

On 2007-08-10 01:16, Tiki Lion wrote:
1803 lounge is what?

It's what you feel like the next day after hanging
with these fine CotE'loungers!

You feel like you're from 1803 !!!

See y'All ina weekee weeekee!!

ok to make it clear we will be serving for the room crawl 12:30 - 1:30 Saturday pm with Special Guest the Mai Kai Gents....yes folks afternoon not night

Lounge 1803 will be open in Friday and Saturday nights for the after party

there will also be a Well dressed Artist Reception in Lounge 1803 Friday 5:30-6:30 this is a dress to impress event.....aka no tshirts

Lounge 1803 is The Cult of the Eye Lounge Room room number 1803

My dear Dr. Shocker: Muchos Mahalos!

I feel profoundly disambiguated now, mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!

RevBamboo of the Ben persuasion: not so much, but thanks anyway.

"Showing up is 86.7% of life." Don Parker, late of SRI

"90% of (insert "tiki" here) is mental. The other half is physical." with apologies to Yogi Berra.

Dearest Shell- Please add myself and the Mrs. Tiki Joe's Pop to the list of crawlers. We can't wait to experience the Oasis. Mucho Mahalo! - Andy & Deb, Mr. & Mrs. Tiki Joe's Pop

N
Netty posted on Fri, Aug 10, 2007 4:33 PM

Count hubby, his brother (virgin oasis goer) and myself in for the crawl. Can't wait to see everyone again.

Netiki

At least Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al will be there to roll me over so I don't pull a Hendrix after drinking all night. Thanks Brah's.

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is less than 1 week away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 11, possibly 12, Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki (Serving Friday 3:00 - 4:30)
  2. PiPhiRho
  3. Croe67 & Skitiki (Serving on Friday 2:30 - 4:00)
  4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving Sat. Afternoon 12:30 - 1:30)
  5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
  6. Tiki Hula & Blowfish (Serving Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30)
  7. Billybobaloo & Latiney Wahine (Serving Sat. 4:30 - 5:30)
  8. Sea Tiki
  9. Rum Shaker (Possibly Sat.)
    10.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) Serving Sat. 3:30 - 4:30
    11.Morbid Room (Serving Sat. 4:00 - 5:00 & After party 12:00 - 1:00)
    12.TikiTastic, Panda, Canada Kai Treasure TBD

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list. Thank you for your recent updates.

So far 136 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. He has posted that he will post a high res .pdf of the Crawl Card on Monday afternoon, that people can download and print themselves. I will update you with any new information on this thread.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday and at the shows on Friday and Saturday nights. Plus I will make an effort to visit each room that is hosting. See you there!

Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

I

Im glad you folks like the mug. This is the artist proofs of which a limited number will be available. The artist proof mug will be on sale in the lounge on friday. There is also a presale of the "production" skrim shaw mug. These mugs will not quite be ready for TO, but presale purchase price will include the mug and shipping. Yeah this is a pretty tacky plug, but hey we gotta pay for the room and booze somehow!

Looking forward to this all! The Maikai Gents will be crawling throughout the weekend and performing on Saturday from 12:30-1:30PM in Lounge 1803 on Saturday. Wow, Fun!

-Weird Unc

We're so giddy....only 6 days away!! We'd like to host our crawlling from 3:30 to 5pm on Friday. I hope the overlap is ok with everyone else. Saturday is already so packed with crawlling and such. Shell, just let me know if this time is not ok. Mahalo!

The Mrs. and I would love to come a crawlin'!
So add two more to the mix if you can squeeze us in! :)

Hello, Rogue Trader and 3 Friends would also like to be included on the Crawl!

Okole Maluna All

I might be up for a little pre-party at my room before or after the Bali Hai -- I'll keep ya'll posted.

On 2007-08-11 15:09, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

So far 136 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

can that go up to 138? Mr. Smiley and I would love to crawl too. Mahalo!

ps. Do russell and hubert need cards, cause then it's 140...

Here it is what you all have been waiting for the Official Tiki Central Room Crawl Card
Now to prin this all you need to do is click the image, it will prompt you asking if you would like to download the file say yes (it is a .pdf) this should print at 3.5x4, cut it and fold in half. If any one has any questions go ahead and email me @ drshocker @ hotmail(dot)com

140 crawlers and 12 hosts?

Are drinks going to be served in a thimble?

great turnout for the crawl.... wow

On 2007-08-13 16:13, Monkeyman wrote:
140 crawlers and 12 hosts?

Are drinks going to be served in a thimble?

great turnout for the crawl.... wow

Whoa! I'll pour until we are out of our new concoction. I'm using a 12 oz. glass, but you typically get about 1/2 the amount of crawlers.

Are Mai Tai & CoCo Loco still Hosting? Their names are on the Printed Out Card but not on Shell's Last Updated List??

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-13 16:30 ]

Aloha Folks,
As you can see, Dr. Shocker has posted the crawl card. Follow his directions on how to print your own card before you arrive at Oasis. I will be handing out cards to those who have difficulty printing, or do not have access to a printer, etc. The card is meant to be folded in half, and is the size of a business card.

Coco Loco and Mai Tai will not be hosting, even though their name does appear on the card.

See you at Oasis 2007!
Shell in the Pacific

Mucho Mahalo to Dr. Shocker for creating the Room Crawl Cards. They printed out perfect :)

Z
Zog posted on Tue, Aug 14, 2007 12:17 AM

A little late on the draw, here...

We were thinking about having a room get-together anyway. We are fresh off a tiki party in our hometown see post here so why not? (and yet...can't escape it...the impending sense of doom...325 sq ft and 120 people...open to the public...sure, what the heck!)

Apparently the cards are out there so... We were thinking thusly:

** :tiki: ZOG Presents: Pool & Stage-View Room Friday Nite Party
Incl. Complimentary Combination Rum Hangover Generator and Curative.**

Ideas? Do we have to pick a time now? Are we just crazy to do this? This seems to have gotten pretty public.

Z.

[ Edited by: Zog 2007-08-14 00:23 ]

C

I'm going to have 2 each of these:

& I might be taking orders for these amazing babies, too......the F.O.M. Hot Rod Hula Hop mug from last weekend.
What's the F.O.M.? Find me, I'll tell you all about it :)

FIND ME - OR COME TO OUR ROOM ON THE CRAWL if you want them!!!!!!!

We'll be there from Wednesday afternoon onward - that's tomorrow - YEAH!!!!!!!!!

:)

Has the Room Crawl turned into a room vending event too???

Yes, Soccer Tiki and I plan to be selling kisses for $1 while the crawls in your guys room. (Wahines only that is)

On 2007-08-14 09:43, rugbymatt wrote:
Yes, Soccer Tiki and I plan to be selling kisses for $1 while the crawls in your guys room. (Wahines only that is)

I think you need to rephrase that :wink: You're the "Single" Kane from Allentown, PA

I

Vending? I have no idea what your talking about.

I guess I'm a little late to announce this, but I want to invite everyone to our suite Friday evening from 8pm to 9pm, or when the booze runs out! We'll probably be catering more to the beer drinking crowd, but regardless what your poison is, please do come by and say hi!

Greg

On 2007-08-14 16:38, FlatEarthTrading wrote:
I guess I'm a little late to announce this, but I want to invite everyone to our suite Friday evening from 8pm to 9pm, or when the booze runs out! We'll probably be catering more to the beer drinking crowd, but regardless what your poison is, please do come by and say hi!

Greg

WooooHooooo! It's never to late to have a Party especially at Oasis :)

Crawling........

Bongwater Cocktails for all the hosts I can find......

Matt,

I'll joint you and SoccerTiki, I can always use some extra cash!

On 2007-08-14 19:51, Hinano_Paul wrote:
Matt,

I'll joint you and SoccerTiki, I can always use some extra cash!

I'm telling Mrs. Lurker :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies