Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies

C

As much as I'd love to make individual drinks, we'll be premixing, too, because the NEW drink we'll be serving takes WAY too many ingredients to make them individually. You'll have to come to our room during the crawl to find out what it is & pick up the recipe :wink:

We'll have plenty of space to keep 'em cold since we're in one of the suites - and it'll be a fun place to hang out during the crawl & at other times, too.....

Can't wait for Oasis!!! Really looking forward to it after a 1 year hiatus.

We would love to join in the crawl. This will be our first Tiki Oasis.

Aloha friends,
Please sign us up to HOST & CRAWL as we will be returning to Oasis this year!

D

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-06-13 11:42 ]

We are way late in signing on, but count MexicanTiki and I in on crawling!

C

Hey, I would love to crawl! This will be my first Tiki Oasis and I would love to make new friends. I'll be at all the classes - Dance Lessons, Berry Drinks, Dom P., etc. I'll be rolling in from LA on Thursday for the party so I hope to see you there! The dogs are staying home! Cheers!

M
mieko posted on Thu, Jun 28, 2007 4:57 PM

Hubby and I would like to crawl as well, please add us to the long list!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jun 28, 2007 6:58 PM

First of all, it is not silly for a San Diegan to stay at the hotel. You get to walk to parties, use a jacuzzi and pool, room service in the morning . . . .
Matt Reese and a few other
San Diegan are staying at the hotel too!

as for Thursday, it will be a humdinger as we already have over 120 rooms booked for that night
That's a quarter of the hotel
that's about double what we had last year on Thursday

Only problem is that room parties may get shut down or cut short on Thursday as we do not own the hotel

On 2007-06-11 22:38, billybobaloo wrote:
Grace and I will be staying at the hotel beginning on Thursday nigh.......Kinda silly since we already live in San Diego, but we don't want to miss out on any drinking.......er, I mean fun. Anyone getting in on Thursday as well?

If there are 53 people crawling so far, then I think I'll be bringing the punch bowl and just making one huge batch.

Everyone is bringing their own mug :sheckymug:, right? Just wondering if I need to bring cups or not.

K

Please count me and hubby David in for the crawl! I'll probably travel with a mini Dixie cup to pace myself on the drinks, ha ha. Shell, or anyone who needs volunteer help can contact me too.
I look forward especially to the Cheeky Pink Monkey libation!

N

you can count me IN!!!

Where do I start!!!

My hubby and I would love to crawl since this is our first TO.....I may talk him into hosting too since we are both bartenders!! I'm thinking of a new drink possibly......the creative pineapple juices are flowing.

10 Hosts so far and many crawlers......hope some more host spring up.....

maybe bloody marys from 9-12 Sat morn hehehehe no not really but then again

P

Bloody Mary's Saturday morning?!

Actually, that's a pretty darn good idea!

I'm there!

At least one of those mornings I will be going over to Albie's/Adam's for a Ramos Gin Fizz. Now that's a way to start the day!

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is 5 weeks away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 9, possibly 10,Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms.

They are:

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki
  2. PiPhiRho
  3. Croe67 (Serving on Friday 3:00)
  4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving during After Party Sat. Night)
  5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
  6. Coco Loco & Mai Tai
  7. Tiki Hula & Blowfish
  8. Billybobaloo & Grace
  9. Sea Tiki
    10.Rum Shaker (Possible)

So far 71 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.
Please continue to monitor this thread for the latest breaking news, most up to date and accuate information!
Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

71 crawlers, eh? Sounds like a party, but I'm only making one bowl of Pain Killers(LARGE bowl). First come first serve, baby.

S

I'll be there and I'd love to crawl! Guess that makes 72! Quite a few!

Suzanne

C

Billy -

Ya better make it in the bathtub, bro.

And I look forward to getting crosseyed drunk with each and every one of you in the pool.

EVERYBODY IN THE POOL!

On 2007-07-12 10:55, Cammo wrote:
Billy -

Ya better make it in the bathtub, bro.

And I look forward to getting crosseyed drunk with each and every one of you in the pool.

EVERYBODY IN THE POOL!

I'll bring the toaster. Anybody got an extention cord?

S

aaaccck! Sounds electrifying....

On 2007-07-13 08:43, suzanne wrote:

Great way to get a good buzz.

On 2007-07-13 14:56, billybobaloo wrote:

On 2007-07-13 08:43, suzanne wrote:

Great way to get a good buzz.

Absolutely shocking way to serve drinks

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Jul 13, 2007 3:56 PM

I've had it. Let's pull the plug on these jokes.

Oops!

S

groan. :D :D

--Suzanne

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jul 14, 2007 5:31 AM

Thought you'd get a charge out of that, Suzanne.

Ack! Did it again! Sorry!

K

This is my first Tiki Oasis event. How many people attended the last couple?

Kolohe

i wanna crawl.

On 2007-07-15 16:53, Kolohe wrote:
This is my first Tiki Oasis event. How many people attended the last couple?

Kolohe

Hundreds? Thousands? It gets real sweaty with people pushin and shuvin for mugs. Like the ladies at the one day sales at the mall. Except guys are doing it. And Kate. :)

Hi ya. Though I'll be vending at the Oasis, I know I'll be able to find time for a cocktail, or two or three or...floor. So, please put me and my buddy Tiki Toe down for the crawl - Sea u soon - J

K

Perfect. I'm a people person and enjoy watching others act stupid.

Kolohe

The wife and I are in. It will be our first oasis. Can't wait to meet everyone!

We should have a meeting on friday to establish a schedule. I want to host on Saurday, but I'll be chopping as well......need to get 'er set up so I can host, chop, drink, socialize, etc. Don't want to miss anything!!

you can post when you would like to host either on here or on your door/window finding the host can be half the fun or at least the sobering relief between rooms

This will be my first Oasis and that sounds like a blast. Please put me down plus 1 as a crawler.
Scott

O

This will be my second Tiki Oasis. Last year we didn't know what the hell all the partying was about - until we jumped in! I've got two rooms booked cause we're bringing another couple. It'd be wonderful to have 4 official cards. :)

Another San Diego couple staying at the hotel. Great way to get away from the kids (but will miss the dogs). Add two more to the crawl.

On 2007-07-19 11:22, kinikilu wrote:
Another San Diego couple staying at the hotel. Great way to get away from the kids (but will miss the dogs). Add two more to the crawl.

Yeah, we're ACTING like we're going to another city. Kid's going to her aunties house and so is the freakin' weenie dog!!

I was thinking......with all of these crawlers, maybe it's a good idea to come bearing gifts? Even a Pineapple, coconut, or small trinket would be a nice gesture to the hosts, methinks!

Any other input?

C

I was thinking......with all of these crawlers, maybe it's a good idea to come bearing gifts? Even a Pineapple, coconut, or small trinket would be a nice gesture to the hosts, methinks!

Any other input?

Yes, often it is the case that crawlers bring along something fun :) It certainly is a nice thank you for the hosts for opening up their room & sharing their booze.
Or - there are usually tip jars in each room to help with the cost of the supplies, so you could always leave a bit for each of the hosts.
But it's up to the individual crawler what you'd like to do.

I want in on this--probably Sat. night... I still need to buy tickees for events --also have some cool stuff to display but we are staying at some other hotel in the 'circle'

On 2007-07-16 18:54, Kolohe wrote:

Kolohe

Well that works out fine. I enjoy acting stupid and being watched!

3 more weeks til I fly!

On 2007-07-24 09:46, rugbymatt wrote:

On 2007-07-16 18:54, Kolohe wrote:

Kolohe

Well that works out fine. I enjoy acting stupid and being watched!

3 more weeks til I fly!

Well, good!! I was thinking I'd be serving drinks to a bunch of introverted, socially retarded shut-ins, man!! The Bali Hai will be a blast and maybe some of us who are hosting can get together and discuss a schedule then?

Mr. & Mrs. Tikilands are in for the crawl. Can not wait to see everyone again.

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is only 3 weeks away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 10, possibly 11,Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki
  2. PiPhiRho
  3. Croe67 (Serving on Friday 3:00)
  4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving during After Party Sat. Night or during the day on Sat. TBD)
  5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
  6. Coco Loco & Mai Tai
  7. Tiki Hula & Blowfish
  8. Billybobaloo & Grace
  9. Sea Tiki
    10.Rum Shaker (Possible)
    11.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) Serving Sat. 3:00 - 5:00

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list.

So far 89 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. I will update you with any new information on this thread.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday.

Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

C

Sounds perfect, Shell!! Thanks for keeping us all organized. :D

As the above post thread says, we'll be serving Friday at 3pm - and the ending time will be 4:30pm for us so that we'll be able to hit Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki's room :)

That's PERFECT, Shell! Looking forward to seeing you there and having another Mr Bali Hai Mai tai. Those things are GREAT!

Shelly,

You still got it girl. Mucho Mahalo for organizing the crawl.

Matt

Great work Shell....I will pick up my 5 crawling cards at the Bali Hai. :)

aloha everyone :)!! if there is still room, can you please add two more to the crawl (boyd & me)? Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

Much Mahalo!!

I'd love to get an invitation to the Room Crawl X 3 people please.

[ Edited by: CaliTiki 2007-07-30 12:57 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies