Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies

It's only 3 weeks away!!! I'll get myself updated, haven't been around, We were just in Budapest, drinking Havana Club Rum!!! Couldn't smuggle any back though:( Since I'm new and would like to host as a gesture to meet all of you tiki-pros and thanks for allowing newbies to come to such an awesome event, I'll wait for an opening when everyone else has chosen a time. We're not arriving until Friday though, so probably Saturday for our hosting. Thanks

I

mug?
lounge?
Cult of the eye?

enjoy.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the Oasis at all until this week. Now I know I can for sure! Yaaaaay!!!

Dibroc and Paula were kind enough to share their room with Ilene and I. We've all decided we'd like to be one of the host rooms for the crawl. The Morgans and the Corbids will be hosting the "Morbid Room" and you can put us down for 4:00pm-5:00pm Saturday and also for some of the after party timeslot on Saturday night from midnight to 1:00am.

See all of you there!

[ Edited by: Trader Tom 2007-07-30 17:07 ]

SWEET!!! We REALLY needed another host room with all these crawlers, man. We should all meet at the Bali Hai, thursday night, when Shell is going to be there and discuss our schedule. A friend of mine on Myspace(Dancophonic) gave me an idea that I may exploit.......AFTERHOURS hosting!! Let's crawl and stagger til dawn!(then I can end up stabbing myself in the crotch with a chisel while I'm doing my carving presentation)

WOOOHOOO! SoccerTiki will be pouring the drinks in our room until everything is gone. Our Room will be Open on Friday from 3:00 to 4:30. We are looking forward to seeing everyone. WOOOHOOO! :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-07-31 08:10 ]

12:30-1:30 will be our official time......

we will be hanging out after the shows on Friday and Saturday nights

Man, just when I thought I perfected my "Pink Cheeky Monkey" drink for the crawl. Two crazy sock monkeys whispered in my ear that Trader Vic's makes a Banana Rum and that Banana 99 is 100 proof. I have a bit more of experimenting to do!

Watch out -- this drink may get more potent that I thought!

On 2007-07-31 18:24, CheekyGirl wrote:
Man, just when I thought I perfected my "Pink Cheeky Monkey" drink for the crawl. Two crazy sock monkeys whispered in my ear that Trader Vic's makes a Banana Rum and that Banana 99 is 100 proof. I have a bit more of experimenting to do!

Cheeky, I'm lookin' forward to those pink, cheeky monkies. At least ONE thing will go perfect, but you have to stop listening to those crazy sock monkies.......they'll get you into more trouble than Cammo!!!

I

See you all there!

[ Edited by: IKABOD 2007-08-02 07:11 ]

Add two more to the crawl. This our first Oasis, but I made it to Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale in June. I'm hooked and working on bringing my husband into the fold.

IKABOD....is that your artwork for your home bar? I love it!!! Of course any monkey in a fez is a good thing as far as I am concerned. :)

B

REMEMBER to purchase your TICKETS to TIki Oasis!

http://www.tikioasis.com

Pre-Sale tickets will soon be taken off the website! Just because you have a room doesn't mean you get into the evening events! Purchase your tickets now!

XOXO Baby Doe

nope that art comes from the great Pontifex Stickman.......

I
IKABOD posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2007 3:19 PM

I could only dream to produce artwork like that.

P

Wait a minute, I am confused.

I purchased my tickets and made my reservations some time ago through the Tiki Oasis website. My reservations say they are for the Red Lion. Now it is at the Crowne Plaza? What gives?

P

OK, I just read the other thread. Freaked me out a little. I need more rum.

On 2007-07-31 18:24, CheekyGirl wrote:

i over heard a conversation between russell and hubert today and it went something like this:

russell: cheekygirl is gonna make good drinks, we got to go to her room at oasis!

hubert: hmmm. she is good.

russell: maybe we should barracade the door so those crazy tiki folks wont drink all the banana booze?!

hubert: hmm. whatever.

russell: dude, you need to be more focused on this, have you seen the way these tiki people drink!?! they are crazy...

hubert: i am bringing my own 99bananas and a straw. i want a beef burger.

R

"Unk mangani!"

I will be driving....so just going to sip room-to-room....I can only hope monkeys won't force me to consume more than a spoonful at each stop!!!

I'm a little wary of the Pink Cheeky Monkey....I might drink a whole one (but hold the banana on mine). :)

TF

We will be there and we plan to crawl! Swim - Crawl - Swim Crawl..Etc.

Can't wait!

T.F.

InkyLouise, those sockmonkeys have been a very bad influence on me! This is what I get for hangin' out with those two at FI back in March.

I just did an inventory of the booze I've been gathering for the Oasis. I have to take the 2 back seats out of my Honda Element in order to convert it to a "cargo van" to fit all the hooch.

On 2007-07-31 12:05, Dr. Shocker wrote:
12:30-1:30 will be our official time......

we will be hanging out after the shows on Friday and Saturday nights

Okay, I'm feeling dense here....When are you serving. Friday or Saturday? Both? And are you talking 12:30 to 1:30 a.m. (afterhour party?)

Put me down as a crawler. Have mug, will travel.

B

Burlesque As It Was will be Crawling! (possibly literally after a few stops!)

Vivienne VaVoom
Midnite Martini
Momma Martini
Honey Touche

QUESTION......with it being my first crawl...is it proper to bring my own favorite mug?....or is that crawl tackiness

On 2007-08-04 22:17, closettiki wrote:
QUESTION......with it being my first crawl...is it proper to bring my own favorite mug?....or is that crawl tackiness

We'll have cups for you in the rooms to control portions, but you're welcome to bring it along......I know I'm going to!

C

First time crawler here too. Do people put out tip jars or anything like that? Should we bring donations of a few bucks or a few bottles?

We are a couple of treehuggers so we will be bringing our own mugs :wink:

S

Please add 2 more for TC - went last year but didn't know how to do the TC. We had a blast anyway and decided to stay in the hotel this time even though we're locals. We're there on Wedn just to destress. Can't wait!

We look forward to crawling!

On 2007-08-05 07:36, catmomma wrote:
First time crawler here too. Do people put out tip jars or anything like that? Should we bring donations of a few bucks or a few bottles?

We are a couple of treehuggers so we will be bringing our own mugs :wink:

Bring a couple of bucks, an original poem, a tiny trinket, your first born, anything, we'll take it! For a couple of rooms, come ready to shop, because we'll have masks, ORIGINAL mugs and other things available, if you so desire......but keep that under your hat.

Shell: Any chance at updating Hosts/Host Day/Time at the top of the thread?

I know part of the fun is a bit of overlap and racing to rooms, but it may help Host decide on day/times -- as I know many, like me want to visit as many rooms as possible as well.

Just a thought, because I'm starting to see overlap early on.

Example:

WooHoo/Soccer Tiki (Fri. 3:00 to 4:30 pm)
Creo67 (Fri. 3:00 to 4:30 pm)

Mahalo :)

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-08-06 12:45 ]

TC Ohana! The Coconut Monkey Project needs your help!

If you live in the Los Angeles area and are driving down to Oasis Wed. Thurs. or early Fri. I have a few Coconut Monkey Paintings that need a lift!!! :)
I am proud to announce that The Coconut Monkey Project paintings and prints will be featured at the FreakyBoutiki in San Diego-owner Hodad Hank and I are trying to get everything set up before Oasis and I can't get down there until late Friday night. I looked into sending them via mail-but these sets of wood panel bamboo framed prints would cost an arm and a leg and a bellybutton to send, so Iam trying to find some nice folks who wouldn't mind a few monkey stowaways in their trunk.

If you have room, and the time, I will be forever in your debt. I will bring the monkeys to you, anywhere in the Los Angeles area.
Also, you may pick out your favorite hand framed print as a thank you!

Please contact me through Tiki Central or my blog.

Mahalo!

Atomikitty
http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 3:30 PM

Posting the room times at the top of the thread is a BRILLIANT idea. Yay, Cheeky!

And is the Cheeky Room open on Friday 4-5:30? I'm trying to keep a schedule for the whole Oasis, and it's getting real complicated!

I
IKABOD posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 3:31 PM

Add TWO MORE crawlers please!
It will be a nice change to be on the civilian side of the bar. :)
See you all at the Oasis!

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is less than 2 weeks away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 11, possibly 12,Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:

1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki (Serving Friday 3:00 - 4:30)
  2. PiPhiRho
  3. Croe67 & Skitiki (Serving on Friday 2:30 - 4:00)
  4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving during After Party Fri. & Sat. Night 12:30 - 1:30)
  5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
  6. Coco Loco & Mai Tai (Maybe!)
  7. Tiki Hula & Blowfish
  8. Billybobaloo & Grace
  9. Sea Tiki
    10.Rum Shaker (Possibly Sat.)
    11.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) Serving Sat. 3:30 - 4:30
    12.Morbid Room (Serving Sat. 4:00 - 5:00 & After party 12:00 - 1:00)

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list. Thank you for your recent updates.

So far 113 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. I will update you with any new information on this thread.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday.

The updated list has also beem posted on page one of this thread.
Mahalo,
Shelley

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-07 13:13 ]

Mahalo Shell!

One tiki to crawl, One tiki to find them, One tiki to bring them all and in the darkness drink them - all under the table.

can i pick up my crawl card upon ckeck in on friday?.....i cant make the thurs night get together.............

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2007-08-07 23:48 ]

On 2007-08-07 23:21, closettiki wrote:
can i pick up my crawl card upon ckeck in on friday?.....i cant make the thurs night get together.............

Shell mentioned she'd be at the Pool on Friday.

TL

WooHooWahine, Soccer Tiki, and Shell In the Pacific...,
Tiki Lion would love to pad about on all fours, but won't arrive until later Friday evening (7? 8? depends on traffic from LAX after 5 PM - they still don't have those outrigger lanes on the 405 and 5 yet).
So sorry I missed Sam's gig this eve, but maybe I can make up for it (please see "...Sam's..." thread).
Hopefully there will be a way for me to pick up a card for the Friday late night and Saturday portions?
Please lemme know.

Please add Tikitastic, Panda & CanadaKaiTreasure to the room party hosting list (day & time TBD). Being that this will be our 1st Oasis we will be keeping our drinks basic, we plan on serving a batch of Chief Lapu Lapu from the Grog Log and batch of Zombies from the "5 gallon" thread.

Looking forward to the fun!!!

Hi Shelley - I have a total of 5 that would like to crawl.

Thanks,

Jim Giddings

On 2007-08-08 00:25, Tikitastic wrote:
Please add Tikitastic, Panda & CanadaKaiTreasure to the room party hosting list (day & time TBD). Being that this will be our 1st Oasis we will be keeping our drinks basic, we plan on serving a batch of Chief Lapu Lapu from the Grog Log and batch of Zombies from the "5 gallon" thread.

Looking forward to the fun!!!

Will be great to see ya'll again!

The Latiney Wahine and I will be serving Polynesian Painkillers in our room from 4:30 to 5:30 on Saturday.......or from 4:30 until it's all gone! 100 plus crawlers had better be on their best behavior, because I'm bringing my Weenie-dog, Patsy to attack the ankles of all Haoli slackers!!(I'm also afraid that Bamboo Ben will light my punch bowl on fire!)

Crawlers....Crawlers...Crawlers...Doesn't anyone else want to be a Room Host??

On 2007-08-08 11:55, WooHooWahine wrote:
Crawlers....Crawlers...Crawlers...Doesn't anyone else want to be a Room Host??

Yes, we are CRAWLING with crawlers!!! More hosts would be nice. With all these crawlers, by the time I get my room closed up and head to the next, they will be out of booze!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies