Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies

I missed the crawl....so it is great to see pics of all the rooms and also of the winna!!! :)

I am staying at the hotel and hosting next year....did I hear a hint of a zombie theme for 2008...that rocks!!!

Girls, your room was the first one of the crawl and one of about FOUR I remember(one of those being my own) Good decor, good drinks, good people. Who could ask for more?

TL

Hey gang, I'm kinda late in saying this, but

The Crawl TOTALLY ROCKED!

Thank you all who participated in any way, and of course thank you Shell In The Pacific for the organization and coordination, and Dr. Shocker for the exquisite crawl cards...

I didn't see a bad room anywhere, and did see a whole lot of great ones, most notably (and in NO particular order):

WooHooWahine & SoccerTiki's very cool joint, complete with not-Derek Yaniger artwork, (nevertheless signed by the artist himself!)
(by the way SoccerTiki: May I have the recipe for that totally delicious kick-ass beverage if I beg very sincerely???)
Princess Pupule's Lounge (Fabulous! What more can I say about this one?!?)
The (not at all) Morbid Room: a unique approach to decor, what with the corpse and the ice-chaises longues
1803 Lounge, and the entire Cult of the Eye membership for an outstanding entry on so many levels

I missed a bunch of others while in seminars and arriving at 1 AM Saturday.

The spirit all of yuz practiced outclasses anything from my nautical and tiki-influenced childhood.
This is what I was looking for, only didn't expect this much good will and party spirit.

Mahalo, and see you next year (and in between!)!

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Aug 29, 2007 5:17 AM

Congrats, girls!
Now, can you sing the song "Sisters" in perfect unison again?
Love you gals. I had a GREAT time.

Congrats girls on winning the room contest. That trophy is really something.

Many thanks to TikiWineBear and Jay for coming to our rescue with cups for our room crawl!

Thanks for all the kind comments for all of you that had a chance to sample our new drink.
And, thanks to all the other hosts, we had a great time crawling, the drinks were very tasty.

BTW, it was a good idea to post drink time and room # in the elevators -- good idea TikiHula.

T

I am hosting next year. Crawling is exactly what I had to do.

I live to crawl and I crawl to live.

S
Sgirl posted on Tue, Sep 11, 2007 6:06 PM

On 2007-08-08 16:48, Billy the Crud wrote:
Yeah, maybe add a sobre person the list of things to find.......and good luck with finding them!!

Sadly, there were at least 2 of us (me and my husband) - despite the fact that he actually signed us up for the room crawl. We never found Shelly and I didn't know what she looked like. Hmm, maybe this is the reason I decided to join TC and stop relying on him for my info, lol

We still had fun and did make it to 1803. Next year will know better. And maybe even host. From reading the thread today, it sounds like most people unveil original drinks? Are classics welcome?

Anyone willing to share their recipes now? Cheekygirl, that Cheeky Pink Monkey (?) looks yummy!!

[ Edited by: Sgirl 2007-09-11 18:08 ]

TL

On 2007-09-11 18:06, Sgirl wrote:
...maybe even host. From reading the thread today, it sounds like most people unveil original drinks? Are classics welcome?

Mmmmmm...!
Classics!!!!!
:drink:

I

Back in August at Tiki Oasis 7, The Cult of the Eye put on a little room (nothing elaborate mind you…..) for folks to come by and have a get together. At the time we had a “room mug” Troy Zimmermens “Skrim Shaw” mug. Sculpted by Gecko of South Sea Arts! Some of you tikiphiles where lucky enough to get your hands on this special limited mug (only 25 where produced). Well those are long gone and sold out. However, at the time we where telling folks about the 3rd edition of the series. The production mug was to be ready a few weeks later. Well due to a busy schedule and other constraints beyond our control the mugs just weren’t ready until just recently. Gecko has really done a fantastic job of interpreting Troy's vision. A mug for the average joe. From high class Tropical drinks to PBR beer, this mug will easily satisfy! Feels great in the hand, and with a little water and dry ice in the false bottom the mug appears to flow steam from its mouth! We are now offering these mugs (60 out of 100 for now) for sale on Ebay. They are $45.00 each plus shipping and handling. I can get these out soon as I get the orders. That means you could still get these before Christmas. Or, I frequent the Tiki Ti in Sliverlake. You can meet me there as well and discreetly meet out in the parking lot and I can sell you one there, and avoid the shipping charges.

Ebay Item number: 280184219594

Funds from the sale go the room costs and booze. Yeah I have a whole lot of folks to reimburse! Remember Dr. Shocker decided that there was no “last call”….. Yep we’re still paying for it. So if you want drinking till dawn at the lounge room next year...... buy the damn mug!
Thank you for your time.

TWO

I just got mine. Although I'm not a big fan of the mug (no offense) I am a HUGE fan of the 1803 lounge. I have to support the creativity, time, and money you guys put out this year. Great Job. I can't wait for next year.

I

I ship tomorrow.
Looks like I might be up late...... :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 299 replies