Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sams Seafood Expierence..

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

S

Hey there..Went to Sams and was to say the least a horrible expierence..The food was terrible including the appetizers..The drinks were weak and heres the worst part..I have never been in a Tiki bar where they were blaring rap music..Unbelivable to my ears..And in the other room there was a cover band but the sound totally bleeded into one another..The service for the restaurant was not good at all..No personalites and hardly ever seen..The food was cold ..Undercooked ..The clientle was the young hipsters who when they drink just start yellin..Maybe it was the rap music..The drink me and my lady had was Scorpion..I have had this many times at other tiki bars and its serves 2 in a nice size bowl..Ours was served for 2 in a small schooner glass with 2 straws and was 20 bucks!!..It had a huge ice chunk in the middle and was basically a joke,,And it was 20 bucks..Did I say it was 20 bucks..Anywho the place itself look great..Dark and had all the right stuff,but it just seemed to me missing the vibe..I could have lived with the classic rock cover band in the background,but with the rap music bleeding into it just killed it..This was my expierence on a given night..Yours may vary..ALOHA..

T

From what I've read on TC that Sams was only going 'Tiki' one night a week.. But the food and drink being bad.. that ain't fu@king right !!!!

Looks like Sams is going after the 'koolkids' crowd !!! The 40 and over crowd are defaulting on our mortgages.... j/k/ :>

See all you 40-somethings! These are the hellspawn screaming, texting freak 20 year olds you have unleashed on society because you were too busy getting ahead to be decent parents. Now it's ruining even the tiki resurections.

Sorry about that outburst folks. I blame it on the mojitos, martinis, and the pint of Turkey Hill black cherry.

We've eaten at Sam's a few time now and I have to say the food has been very good... A little pricey but good! Service will improve and the drinks are what they are. Drinks are different everywhere you go! I think I paid $17 for the Scorpion served in a schooner... If you paid $20 then you probably got the first bartender we had who overcharged us by about $20 on drinks and appetizers. They fixed it and it hasn't happened since.

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: soccertiki 2007-09-19 19:20 ]

Maybe if the place is big enough there could be a "private" room for "actual" tikiphiles.

Any chance you noticed what the percentage of tikiphiles were there compared to the hiphop gangsta types?

If you were the only tikiphiles and there wer NO "hiphoppers" then Sams may as well play exotica. Pretty sure WE are the only ones that would go for the music.

The staff are probably jsut young kids that do not care and .........Hmmm... maybe the music is to keep the employees. Yikes.

Signature? I ain't signin nothin!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-07-30 21:56 ]

all bad news to me,
not sure if I wanna even go and get disappointed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-07-30 22:10, bigtikidude wrote:
all bad news to me,
not sure if I wanna even go and get disappointed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD ~ Everyone needs to give Sam's a chance. They've done an incredible job refurbishing the bar, the restaurant, & the kitchen. The food is excellent. If you don't like the drinks you can always order a Hinano Beer :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-07-31 07:52 ]

Im not made of money like some in the Tiki scene,
if its super expensive and not so good, its like throwing money away to me.
I was even not crazy about the food and drinks before.

I'm sure I'll go sometime to see it. Before it gets torn down in a few years when they get the permits to make the condos finally.

But not this Sat. There is a big 20 band show in LA and Satan's Pilgrims from Oregon, and the Ghastly ones are playing, bigger priority to me.
tell the Menahunes I said Hi, I dig them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
the pesimist

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-07-30 22:32 ]

On 2007-07-30 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:
See all you 40-somethings! These are the hellspawn screaming, texting freak 20 year olds you have unleashed on society because you were too busy getting ahead to be decent parents. Now it's ruining even the tiki resurections.

Survival of the fittest.
Gotta pay the rent.
If it doesn't have vodka, beer or Red Bull in it, the landlord ain't gonna be pleased.
Traditional Tiki bars? If you can find one, quit bitchin' and start drinkin. :)

Survival of the fittest.
Gotta pay the rent.
:)

In order to be fit one has to keep the customers in the building spending money.

One could NOT rely on tikiphiles alone to keep a brick and mortar tiki establishment up and running.

In all the tiki bars/restaurants I've had a drink in I was the only one into tiki. When it was not an event of course.

I do think there should be a tikiphile room with "the Bums" guides at the table. It could have a red velvet rope to keep the rifraf out. Oh, the snobbery.

"If it doesn't have vodka, beer or Red Bull in it, the landlord ain't gonna be pleased."

Hey I've been a Red Bull consumer for 10 years (back when it really was an energy drink) so I try to make it a win-win with the landlord.

The Management of Sam's really cares about what everyone on Tiki Central thinks. If you have a complaint or a suggestion make sure to let them know. If you keep these thoughts to yourself nothing will be done to change anything. Just like anywhere, if you get a drink you don't like send it back. Tell the bartender how you want your drink to be made. We all learn from our mistakes :) The same thing with the music. If you don't like it let them know :)

On 2007-07-30 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:

Don't paint me with your broad brush. I raised my 2 children quite well. Now go cry to the parents of those hellcats. Just keep your blanket statements to yourself.......

i don't think his comment was directed at anyone here on t.c....just a venting in general..obviously, if you are on t.c., you have a pulse and are clued into the appreciation of all things tiki..odds are, you were good parents cause you are at least aware....now...i wanna here more about those broads going round painting everything!!!

KL

Wow .. I was excited about Saturday's event? I had heard that they were unveiling the new mug. Have not been there since I was 10 or so. I was hoping for awesomeness.

As a teacher I don't have the bulging wallet or even a inkling of appreciation for todays "cop killer" lyrics. I am definitely going to keep going to my new find .. The Puka Bar in the LBC yo.

Tad

Sam's prices are average for any restaurant located near the water/beach in Southern California. They will have $5 Mai Tais for the Mug Release Party:

On 2007-07-15 01:07, Sam and Samantha wrote:
we have a special mix plate planned and the Sam's Original Mai Tai circa 1957/1960 will be flowing for tikicentral and tikifarm for $5.

Samantha

S

I wasnt trying to start a topic on child raising and the "Rules of Tiki"..Im no tiki snob saying it has to be tiki 24/7..I was more dissapointed in the service and the food..Where does the rest of your night go when the staff serving you looks like you are being a pain in the ass being there..When we complained our answers were blank stares and "Ill ask the chef"..But never came back with an answer..If our bill is 200 bucks and we walk out going never again,theres way more problems than a tiki bar being overrun by the 20 year old elite,Gangster Rap and the fact you have to walk thru the middle of the restaurant to get to the music room..So you have constant traffic going by your table and people hanging out talking and drinking like they are at your table..I dont care what type of restaraunt or bar your in if your hard earned money is spent and its not appreciated whats the use of going there..The staff has to make you feel appreciated and welcome. ..Sams staff, from the bartenders, to the hostess, waitress and busboys did not accomplish this..Im in no way saying do not support this establishment ..Only letting you know my expierence with them..

Nothin' but love for the ohana!

I think WooHoo Wahine made a good point in that the constructive criticism needs to reach the right people. If you are met with blank stares it may be because nobody ever took the time to explain to these "kids" that they were the keepers of Sam's flame. No one ever tried to embue in them the sense of history about the establishment nor inform them about tikiphiles (us). So take it up a notch and talk to the manager or even the owners. The people with a real stake in the place would not have spent so much time and money trying to keep Sam's a viable tiki establishment if they weren't looking for some degree of support from the sizable Cali ohana and that groups powerful word of mouth potential.

Give it another shot but maybe before then try and reach Sam's management by e-mail and relate your experience to them so they can address the issues before you head back. Good luck!

T

Nobody explain to these kids that there are keepers of 'SAMS FLAMES'... Got to put the blame on the managers who hired these flakes .... Managers rather hired a 20 something blondie than a seasoned 50 year old bartender !!!!!
Looks are everything in LA LA LAND !!!!

Published Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:22 PM PDT
Entertainment
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Sam's Seafood is back
By John Reger

Sam's Seafood is a landmark in Sunset Beach.

The restaurant dates back to the 1920s. In the 1960s it adopted a Polynesian theme, and its Friday night show brought in tour buses full of patrons to watch dancers in grass skirts. The quality of Sam's seafood, however, was marginal, and in 2006 the restaurant was closed.

Residents were a little nervous because of a rumor that developers were planning on building condominiums and a shopping center on Sam's spot. But in May we found out Sam's would be reopening.

Everyone wanted to know: Would the restaurant return to its old ways or go in a different direction?

Fortunately, Sam's has improved while keeping its Polynesian roots.

Most of the decorations from the old Sam's are gone, but one fixture has remained: The waterfall in the main dining room had water cascading down it when I walked in with two friends on a recent Friday.

Sam's had been open again for only a week at the time, and there were still some issues to iron out among the ambitious plans, but I knew that.

While the bar and the dining room were open, construction on a banquet hall and nightclub are progressing.

The biggest issue was the lack of light.

It was difficult to read the menu, but the waiter was very accommodating, bringing over an extra candle.

The menu has gone contemporary, and the chef has whipped up some incredible and delicious items.

The first was the brie and mango quesadilla, which was fantastic. It claims to have mint-cilantro sour cream, which we didn't see, but it didn't matter.

It more than stood up on its own.

Other appetizers I would recommend are the tiger shrimp ceviche, which comes with avocado, cherry tomato salsa and citrus juice, and the crispy calamari with cilantro, sweet lemon sauce, crushed macadamia nuts and garlic.

The entrees are just as creative. I had a half-chicken with roasted citrus and orange macadamia nut glaze. The chicken was moist and flavorful, but it was the accompanying stuffing that I was floored by. The chef uses Hawaiian sweet bread for the stuffing, which was very good and added to the flavor of the chicken.

One of my friends had a stir fry of salmon and udon noodles mixed with cilantro, baby spinach, carrots and tomato.

The wider noodles hold more of the sauce and went well with the generous pieces of salmon.

My other friend ordered the Alaskan halibut flavored with ginger broth and vegetables. The mashed potatoes that came with it were a bit dull, but otherwise it was a good dish.

The entrées are served a la carte and are proportioned enough to stand on their own, but we were fascinated by one of the side dishes. Spam is used not only a side dish but an appetizer of chunks of the meat with penne pasta and cheese. Spam is a staple in Hawaii and other parts of Asia-Pacific.

It is actually quite good, though an acquired taste.

Spam is also used in an appetizer, melded with sticky rice and a miso-saki dip. In Hawaii, they call a similar version of this Spam musubi, and it's available at lunch counters and convenience stores all over the islands.

With a much-improved menu and the Polynesian theme intact, Sam's will hopefully be around for long time. It could turn into one of the best restaurants in the area.

JOHN REGER is the Independent's restaurant critic.

T

I bet John Reger got free food.

Wow, a good old flame up here on TC? I haven't seen that happen here in years (or at least since Bong was still on here).

As for Sam's, I'm looking forward to having some drinks there again but I am definitely not expecting anything stellar. I'm expecting the Billy's by the Beach crowd a little. To keep a bar going in this day and age in Orange County, and keep it really busy, you have to cater to what the 20 somethings like. Unfortunately, for the majority of the youth in OC, it's hip hop. Bars like Johnny's in HB can afford to play punk rock because the bar is so small (in my opinion) and they found a nitch that hadn't been filled in OC yet. The tiki purists scene isn't big enough in south OC to warrant a tiki only purist establishment. Yeah, I'm bummed about that too. Reminds me of Taboo Cove...

Recently, every time I've driven by Sam's on a Friday night, the place was PACKED! I haven't ever seen the parking lot that full... So, I'll just try to avoid the hip hop nights and get in there on the early side during the weekends... I'm glad that Slapbass put that review up. Hopefully the management takes some cues from him and adjusts their situation. At least there aren't condos there and the blue neon marlin is still flying.

Not sure if I can make it on Sat night or not. I'll have to see. I hope they do it right for you guys though...

T

I would echo the sentiment that any criticism has to reach the right people. The management have posted here on TC, and I think that they're trying pretty hard to take anyone's suggestion under consideration. They've even offered to play exotica if you bring them a CD with your music on it! Some of our favorite recordings are out of print, and impossible to find, so maybe we can improve the music selection by offering up some of what we'd like to listen to.
I haven't experienced the hip-hop night, but sometimes that's what it takes to keep a place open-- the owners are in the restaurant business after all and you can't make any money with no customers. I mean, think about old Sam's. It was a great tiki temple, but almost always empty.
If we want more tikis and exotica, then we need to patronize establishments like Sam's and make our requests known. But no one in the restaurant business will pay for a ton of tikis and play exotica all the time for TC patrons that might show up once a month or whatever. They'll do things to satisfy the customers that show up every week. If that's a big screen TV and hip-hop for the 20-something regulars, that's what they'll do.
Sam's will only be as good as we help it become.

WoooHooo! TikiJosh you're right on Target :) The managers do post here on Tiki Central: Sam and Samantha :)

T

I said it before and I'll say it again. It is a new restaurant that has a few kinks that needs worked out. This is typical for any business that is new. Sam's will get there. We just need to be patient and keep the support going. Keep in mind, it could be worse. Sam's could have very well been turned into a mini-mall.

After spending a day at the beach with my son today, I found myself in Seal Beach and decided to see what all the hooplah was about.

First, I really appreciate all the concerns about yet another classic Tiki place being altered, they are basically well founded.

BUT, in my personal opinion, Sam's was never THE prime example of Tiki style in the first place. It was, rightfully so, a nice hangout for the OC Tikiphiles, and now after the Royal Hawaiian's demise, it is the last one. But the main dining room was, EXCEPT for the nice waterfall, always kind of underwhelming. Well, I was happy to find the waterfall still there and flowing, thank you. They hung some blankets off the ceiling to make it more shi shi, and what else I don't know, but the main thing is, the BAR virtually stayed the same. That's where I always went anyway because it was THE most tikified space there, and it still is, thank you again. And you can have your dinner there.

Now some of us liked the almost dive bar quality Sam's and its food had before, some didn't. Well the dive bar food is gone, but so are its prices. And since for a thirsty German after a day at the beach beer is the only solution, to pay 10.- bucks for two draft beers was a little painful. But they did hit the spot, and so did the food. One can only hope that the price/quality ratio matches in the cocktail department, too.

I do not know what the plans are for the Hidden Village event room, but it seems unlikely that there will be any more Polynesian floorshows. I am just glad that the exterior also stayed the same, it sports the last Polynesian A-frame in Southern California.
Here are some pics:

The great sign and the A-frame are still there

They even added a vintage Tiki to the outside:

The bar's Tiki columns, fixtures and wall treatment are all still there:

What ever Ben did must have been cosmetic, everything still looks original:

(unfortunately also the horrible paint job on the Tikis' faces)

..even the Tapa and the fishnet floats look well aged:

I am quite relieved, and feel confident that I can still recommend this fine establishment to any future Tiki seekers.

I second Sven's emotion!!! Don't be so critical! Give 'em a chance and if you don't like it, well......

They are trying Tiki Tuesdays.....$5 Mai-Tai's WooHooWahine and I will be checking it out next week.....

T

bigbrotiki said:

Sam's was never THE prime example of Tiki style in the first place.

You have to speak for yourself on this one...I loved the "old Sam's." It transported me away from SoCal to a happy place and I thought that's what "tiki" was all about anyway.

SoccerTiki said:

Don't be so critical! Give 'em a chance and if you don't like it, well...

yeah...I know "lump it" I wouldn't have been so critical if it wasn't in my own back yard. I sat by idly as The Royal Hawaiian went under, when Trader Vics went under, Tahitian village went under...So where does it stop. I am giving them a chance, I have been back a few times now with the same experience each time...(pretty much what SlapBass said). One thing a good restaurant needs is consistancy and it just is not there yet.

Quotes from other Sam threads:
Tikitatt said: The part that concerned me most the name may be changed to “Sam’s Gone Wild”.

A semi quote from another local (I couldn't find the original) it goes something like:
"What Tsunami did for Sushi, the new Sams will do for tiki"

how prophetic was that.

Carry on...

[ Edited by: tikihai 2007-08-02 10:39 ]

H

On 2007-08-02 10:37, tikihai wrote:
... I am giving them a chance, I have been back a few times now with the same experience each time...(pretty much what SlapBass said). One thing a good restaurant needs is consistancy and it just is not there yet.

"Same experience each time"... ?
It sounds like they ARE consistent.

(edited to remove profanities)

[ Edited by: hakalugi 2007-08-02 11:13 ]

S

I have to imagine slapbass, that a big part of the problem you had was when you went there. Late on a weekend night is when it is loud, crowded and tending towards parties and drinking, and not eating and relaxing/enjoying.

I think the lesson is that maybe you want to go to Sam's at a quieter time like Sven did if you want to enjoy it the way we all here do.

This is really true for a lot of tiki bars. Wednesday or Thursday during Happy Hour is your time to go and Friday and Saturday nights are to be avoided. As much as the owners like them, loud crowds ruin a tiki bar. And, rap and other forms of music may come in on those nights to draw in more people and pay the bills...

T

Hakalugi> yes my (and others) visits were bad...some had good visits...thereby the inconsistencies.

H

On 2007-08-02 11:48, tikihai wrote:
Hakalugi> yes my (and others) visits were bad...some had good visits...thereby the inconsistencies.

It might not be an inconsistency but a difference of taste. Perhaps you (like myself) demand a higher standard. Some people don't know what good service really is. And some people think bad food is good, because they don't know any better. It's just lack of exposure. Music? Same thing...

T

Yes it is personal preference and I'm having some trouble putting into words exactly what I feel about it. It's not that I have a higher standard it's just that it doesn't seem a good fit for me. I would like to blend in there but it ain't gonna happen and that I can live with. The old crowd of locals have all gone to Harpoon Harrys down the street and are content to stay there. I will continue to go myself and hope that the "vibe" will somehow return.

T

bigbrotiki said:
Quote:

it sports the last Polynesian A-frame in Southern California

What about the remaining A-frames on Shelter Island?

On 2007-08-02 14:21, TikiPhil wrote:
bigbrotiki said:

Quote:
it sports the last Polynesian A-frame in Southern California

...fronting a working Tiki Bar, that is. I do not consider the Half Moon Inn a Tiki place, and the Bali Hai has no A-frame.

On 2007-08-02 11:59, Hakalugi wrote:

It might not be an inconsistency but a difference of taste.

I think so, too. I am first and foremost an urban archaeologist. As I wrote in my foreword to Tiki Road Trip: When visiting an authentic Tiki Temple, I do not expect good service. For that, I can go somewhere else. But I for myself, I'd rather be in a place that remained intact and deal with inattention than go to a once grand/ now denuded restaurant like The Islands and have fine service (well, I might have to choose the latter in a couple of weeks :) )

Granted, this is supposed to be a happy marriage of the two. But my relief that they left the bar as it was is the overwhelming impression, not the dining experience. But as I said, I personally am in it for the art, not the other stuff. I can understand if others want it all.

S

I was there at 7.30 till 9.00..Prime dinner hour I would think..I hope everyone goes and has the time of their life..I wish no ill will on the establishment and understand they have to cater to masses too stay in business..Good luck Sams..

I am going on Saturday and will do my best to enjoy myself. I'll be arriving hungry and thirsty! Sven, I agree with you 100%, now as for those white walls at the Islands. Aye carramba!

T

I've been a bit out of the loop on the Islands. I know there's a thread here but I only saw it after Oasis last year when no real damage had been done to the restaurant. Too bad. The missus and I thought it was great when we went during Oasis last year. Sad if they've been making a mess of it.

I didn't think it was that bad...but then, I went on a Sunday night, about an hour and a half before closing (I guessed I missed the rap crowd...too bad). It seemed very much to me like a place trying to get back on its feet again. I don't know about the sheets hanging from the ceiling, but I did like the dimmer lighting...it made things seem a little more mysterious and atmospheric to me. They were playing some music that was sort of techno-y, but it was at a low volume and didn't intrude too much (although I think some Arthur Lyman or Martin Denny would've been better, obviously). At least there wasn't any rapping. The food was definitely more expensive, and in more of a "fine dining" style. But at least they do serve those Spam rolls. I was glad to see the tiki waterfall, outrigger canoes on the ceiling and that wall mural were still there...but wasn't surprised to see that the "Japs Surrender" newspaper was gone (I had figured that PC elements would creep in). The service was pretty good, although the waiter kept forgetting to bring my friend's Jack & Coke a couple of times.

My final verdict...some improvement wouldn't hurt, and if having a couple rap nights on the weekends keeps the place open, that's fine with me. But I still plan on going back.

TT

I just went to Sam's for the first time and I had a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

We got there early at 5:30PM on Saturday for the Mug Release Party and stayed until 7:30 or 8:00PM.

The food I had was extremely good. My wife and I started with appetizers. We had crabcakes and ribs. The ribs are very tasty, especially, and I might just make a meal off of them next time. For an entree, I had the "Almost Lobster" which is a huge skewer of jumbo shrimp with a spicy rub. It came with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Everything was cooked perfectly. For dessert, my wife and I shared the pineapple upside down cake. The desert came a la mode with a rather impressive "fin" of carmelized sugar on top.

To drink, I had the Navy Grog. Strong but good. The bartenders were also taking drink requests...so if you've got particular drinks that you enjoy, feel free to let them know. SoccerTiki told me he had them make a "Sven-Tiki" (page 83 in Beachbum's Intoxica) and it turned out beautifully.

I don't know what their music selection is on other nights, but for this event, we had a LIVE band. The Smoking Menehunes sure cranked out some good tunes.

Sam Gambino was really a nice guy in person. He was busy most of the evening, diligently signing prints and mugs while people crowded around to say hi.

Other good company included Holden, Squid, Tiki Al and Liz, Hiphipahula, SoccerTiki, WooHooWahine, and many many more! A good TC turn-out.

I didn't realize how big this joint is. There are a couple of huge rooms in back (not open to the general public) that are impressively decked out in vintage bamboo and it's easy to see how they could have held wedding celebrations once upon a time. Lots of potential.

Hopefully, everyone will realize what a treasure this place is and we'll host even more events there. Somebody (probably SoccerTiki again) said they might be doing a regular Tuesday night Tiki night that would cater a bit more to the TC crowd. I only wish I wasn't booked to teach night classes on Tuesdays this Fall, but I'll definitely make the time to visit again sometime soon.

Mahalos to everyone!!!

WOOOOHOOOO! It's Tiki Tuesday Time at Sam's Seafood

What: Mai Tai One On Tuesdays

Where: Sam's Seafood

What: $5 Mai Tai's All Night Long, Food Specials,
& Live Music: The Smokin Menehunes

We hope to see everyone from TC at Sam's :)

Sam's Seafood Restaurant
16278 South Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, California 92649
562-592-1321

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-05 11:35 ]

I swung by there last night as was plenty surprised. I don't think the decor change was too bad. I thought the sheets in the dining room actually updated the place in kind of an elegant way. Man... what's happening to me, I used to be such a purist... I especially enjoyed the projected surf movies onto the water fall and in the bar. Good to see my old band playing there too. They sounded great. Still haven't tried any of the drinks yet either. It was kinda weird, I mean, it was Sam's still but kinda not really. I'll be happy if the place sticks around for a long time like this. It feels revitalized.

Spike

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2007-08-05 21:45 ]

anybody happen to notice if there were any decent veggie dishes? noodles vegetables that sorta thing? never been before. Oh! and how about the mugs? anybody had a chance to get there hands on one?

On 2007-08-05 11:59, Luckydesigns wrote:
I thought the sheets in the dining room actually updated the place in kind of an elegant way. Man... what's happening to me, I used to be such a purist...

Your just content that there is even one Tiki bar still around, I guess.

On 2007-08-05 11:59, Luckydesigns wrote:
Still haven't tried any of the drinks yet either.

What the hell is wrong with you!

Glad to hear positives from a veteran.
Thank's LD

JB

A few friends and I went Sunday night. It was great! The food was quite good and the Navy Grog was top notch. There were Island performers and the whole place looked great. We got a tour of the other areas under construction, (which will be done in time for their Grand Re-Opening in a couple of weeks). It was a great experience and I highly recommend it to anyone. It was miserable when it was closed....this is way better.

[ Edited by: Joe Banks 2007-08-06 21:44 ]

I also went to Sam's for the mug opening.. 8/4/07 THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC! DON'T MISS THE PUPU'S AND WOW EVERY PLATE LOOKED SO PRETTY!

I was there last night for the Tiki Tuesdays with the Smokin Menahunes.

all the food I saw going by on plates looked great. but man its expensive.
I had a great burger for 14 (cough cough)dollars.

The Mai Tai and Navy Grog were totally wrong, but not bad tasting.
just not what they were supposed to be.

The decore is nice, but not really what I was hoping for.

I will go back, but may eat across the street at Taco Surf, or the Harbor House Cafe before.

oh and the Service was sloooooowwwwww.
they need to work on this asap.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-08-30 21:08 ]

Pages: 1 2 70 replies