Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies

Dear Peep's of Wildsville,
Thank you to anyone who called or e-mailed me yesterday to say "keep your chin up" it is MUCH appreciated.
Now down to what I know........I do not believe this was a bigger power trying to sabotage the show,though
I did believe that at first because of the timing after the Martini Kings backed out. I was hit when I was
a little down. But the fact is this.

This Da Buggah has a room for the tiki-caliente weekend.
I do have his real name.
I am NOT planning on removing him from the property for one reason, I respect that everyone has there own
opinion and don't fancy myself as a bully or a powerhungery kind of guy. BUT......if his negativity persist he will be pointed out and removed!!!!!

When we first came up with the idea of Tiki Caliente it was to be called TIKIVILLE and dealing with a resort that had some bad blood with a past Tiki Event was not easy....So they were apprehensive at first to give us the whole resort............so Da Buggah snuck in under the radar and the message about people being backed out of rooms made him call the resort. In turn the resort called me.

The resort has been nothing but helpful and exited to hear we will be there!!!!!!

So that's what I know....

I also promised a replacement to be named yesterday and that is not possible at this time.
Not because of lack of trying or lack of talent,It's because at this time a couple people from this
group are unable to be reach and I don't need to promote someone without a guarantee...

So please keep your ears open............

Thanks again for your support.......... This was a message from the president of Wildsville Inc.

Marty the party will be at this pet friendley Event....so say Hi

Marty baby!!! I am in love...a dog in a fez. :) GREAT JOB Rory. :tiki:

TM

All I know is, it's not easy to put on a major event like this. I would not even want to try. No matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy, but a majority of people will have a great time! I think it is awesome, Wildsville man, that you are making the effort and showing the initiative to get this thing together. Anyone who has tried to put on a show like this always finds something out: There are no big bucks to be made. You will be lucky to break even, at best. Though I hope it is succesful, the more important point is that it will be fun, and everyone will have thick and happy hangovers by the time it is finished. It's Palm Springs, it's the caliente tropics. The place were Lucille ball could be found lounging by the pool with Vivian Vance. The place that is shown in BOT.

I think it will be rad, and the weather will be just about perfect.

On 2008-03-20 17:48, biffachu wrote:
Team Tiki ( an upcoming Tiki Art Apparel company ) will be doing a limited edition run of Doug Horne's poster art for a high quality event shirt that will be available at the show and possibly for pre & post sales. We are still working out the pricing and availability but here's a lil sneak preview of what we are doing.

We are trying to tie in a drink coaster/hangtag that can be signed by Doug himself for the event. We are guesstimating the price to be in the $20 range. It will be a high quality , chocolate brown shirt with an interpretation of the famous Tropics poolside tiki, and a neck print commemorating the event.

Will keep you posted as the detail emerge

Bitchen shirt Biff!!! Make sure they come in "BIG KAHUNA" sizes (2x/3x) LOL!!!! Put me down for a couple either way!!!

Put me down for a big kahuna sized t-shirt too. :)

How much for the dog?

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL TIKIPHILES STAYING AT THE CALIENTE....

WHAT:  Continental Breakfast  
WHERE:  Vamp & Corona Contessa's Room  
WHEN: 10 am on Sunday morning  
SERVING:  A pastry & your choice of a Mimosa or Bollini

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW :tiki:

Happy Easter everyone . I wanted to show you all how nice my lawn looks today now that spring is here . What a beautiful green it is . You could probably see more of it if I didnt have the first two Tiki Caliente pendants in the pic but you get the idea .I am doing two colors . (Burnt Sienna and Burnt Orange ) They are limited edition casts of the the Doug Horne poster tiki . Wildsvilleman and I are still trying to figure things out about the preordering but we wanted you to see them anyways . I hope you like them , Ray

[ Edited by: Tiki-Ray 2008-03-23 12:57 ]

On 2008-03-20 17:48, biffachu wrote:
Team Tiki ( an upcoming Tiki Art Apparel company ) will be doing a limited edition run of Doug Horne's poster art for a high quality event shirt that will be available at the show and possibly for pre & post sales. We are still working out the pricing and availability but here's a lil sneak preview of what we are doing.

We are trying to tie in a drink coaster/hangtag that can be signed by Doug himself for the event. We are guesstimating the price to be in the $20 range. It will be a high quality , chocolate brown shirt with an interpretation of the famous Tropics poolside tiki, and a neck print commemorating the event.

Will keep you posted as the detail emerge

What about making lil cami tops for the women?? I don't like wearing big oversized men's shirts. I love the design!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Kiniki 2008-03-23 13:09 ]

O

On 2008-03-21 12:50, Wildsville man wrote:

Marty the party will be at this pet friendley Event....so say Hi

A ceramic fez? Every shred of dignity this poor little guy has is gone from his face. Get him a real fez Wildman!

As for rum. No B rum right?

WTF ia Barcardi Ciclon anyway.
Trader Vic's dark rum is OK but these are out!

(Sorry TV but you guys made the crap)

Here are some rum suggestions.

The Toucan rum helps reforest the rain forest.

Lets all drink good rum and help save the planet.

I will gladly pay more for drinks made with good rum.

Never mind about the Bacardi Ciclon. I found this.

[ Edited by: Tiki Kiniki 2008-03-24 08:13 ]

Dear Peep's!!!!!!!

First of all,it's not a ceramic fez it's a solo plastic drinking cup......See I am keeping the cost down.
Second, that cyclone stuff is good!!!! It's a mix of rum and blue agave!!!!!!
Three,Tiki Ray's lawn is Awesome and the pendants are O.K. too!!!!!
Four,Thanks for all the people who signed up over the past couple of days with all the huppla with the Martini Kings and DaBugg.......
Five,Awesome shirt Biff......

Six, Happy Easter to all

I believe the M Modern Tiki Art Show is Moving to Friday Night!!!!!! I will let you know A.S.A.P. when
I get confirmation......

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Hey Wildsville Man and Tiki peeps - you say pet friendly? Is it also kid/teenager friendly? I really want to go but am wondering about the appropriateness for my young teen daughter. And my dog, too. This would be my first Tiki event and I want to enjoy ~ but not get arrested for child endangerment! Do other people bring their kids to these shindigs, or is it mostly considered an "adult getaway"? Illuminate me, Man!
Kiki v.

I know I should probably NEW POST this..but would anyone be interested in doing a Memorial Day Caliente Fest? That is when I am looking at getting out there for gits & shiggles but will probably attempt to wrangle interest in that elsewhere..but have fun at THIS one ...that would be 5/23-5/26

Tiki Caliente is fun for the whole family!!!! We want everyone to have a great time with some fun in the
sun at the historic Caliente Tropics. The music is layed back and the Cocktails will be flow'in as well but we know that family is first and This TIKI FAMILY WANTS KIDS TOO!!!!!! Without the kid's who would
pass on the culture?

We allready have several kid's coming with mom and dad,so don't think you will be the only one.

The pet policy is stated on the caliente tropics website so contact them with any questions.

We look forward to seeing you in the Springs,and would love to have a great mothers day with you and your
family.

P.S. Derek Yaniger e-mailed me and Noel(tiki Blog) some photo's of his art!!!!!! AWESOME

P.S.S. I gotta go the CUBS game is on.......But I like to leave you with this photo from Wrigley Field that says it all..........including what I want of TIKI CALIENTE!!!!

NEED TICKET'S?

http://www.better-online-business-opportunity.com/wildsville-reservations.html

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-03-31 12:14 ]

April fools!!

On 2008-03-31 22:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
April fools!!

Ben, it's still yesterday; April Fools is tomorrow...

On 2008-03-31 22:35, freddiefreelance wrote:

On 2008-03-31 22:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
April fools!!

Ben, it's still yesterday; April Fools is tomorrow...

Freddie,

Everything is Early nowadays.

Big Lots has their X-mas stuff back up!!

p.s. Is WildsvilleMan Inc. really an Inc. or is that an April Fools joke? ( didn't show up on the registry)

Ben,
Thanks for all the help setting up the Event,I agree that nothing is more Tiki then the Caliente Tropics
Resort in Palm Springs. If you have any questions please let me know but please stop calling me at 4 a.m.
wondering who's house your in.....I don't know,I'm in Palm Springs!!!!!!Maybe you should check the born- on-dating on the side of the BUD can's to see if there still good.

P.S. INC is the Wildsville way!!!!!!!! DIG?

P.S. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

Errr....Rory, what's that shirt you're wearing there? Is there a new headliner you didn't tell us about? :D

I saw that too. Hmmmm...think I will dig around and see if I can find my Tommy Bahama shirt. Its blue and family oriented. :wink:

Sorry Guy's, Wildsville likes what he likes!!!!!! but if BigBrotiki comes to Tiki Caliente I will let him burn it if that will help?

On 2008-04-01 11:32, Wildsville man wrote:
Ben,
Thanks for all the help setting up the Event,I agree that nothing is more Tiki then the Caliente Tropics
Resort in Palm Springs. If you have any questions please let me know but please stop calling me at 4 a.m.
wondering who's house your in.....I don't know,I'm in Palm Springs!!!!!!Maybe you should check the born- on-dating on the side of the BUD can's to see if there still good.

P.S. INC is the Wildsville way!!!!!!!! DIG?

P.S. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!

Is that all you have for an April FOOLs come back??

You can't fool a fool, fool! Dig?

That guest list you sent me is pretty much 75% Bali Hijinx people.

Hope you all have fun at the event, bashing the TC'ers!!!

Now onto that Inc. ..... still waiting to see it in the registry!!

Give my free decor at the REEF some love!

We except everyone, even you Ben. Like I said before,this is a party for all Tiki fan's,not this click or that click. I can't believe that Tiki has become a gang rivalry!!!! It's all just fun and friends to me,DIG? The Tiki community is a subclass as it is,so trying to break it up into different clicks just
weakens the whole.

keep an eye on the registry,you must be looking with the eye that has the patch on it!!!!!!!

P.S. What is the Reef? Oh Wait, You mean Hawaiian Bills? Great stuff that TV looks great,did you do that?

All is fun til someone looses en EYE,Oh wait,someone did!!!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

is this your work?

Or this?

You must meen this?

I hope to see ya in May Ben,I will buy the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek Yaniger has something to say about Tiki Caliente and M Modern at TIKIBLOG.com!!!!! Check it out

http://tikiblog.typepad.com/

When Derek speaks I listen..........because I'm not only a fan.I'm a collector

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.