Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies

T

Chisels ???? I thought we could only use butterknifes and nailclippers .

butterknives and nail clippers?!?
No wonder you're griping! :lol:

Dear Whipping boy,
I am sorry I need to hound you but every time I call,you seem to be in the bathroom reading that
magazine your Tikis were featured in. I know you read it only for the articles so that's O.K.
If you need something new to read, try TIKI MAGAZINE!!!!!! YOU CAN EVEN READ IT IN PUBLIC!!!!DIG?

GREAT WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-26 19:08 ]

Ray!!! That tiki is already looking awesome!!! Can't wait to see it live!!!!

Great job on the carving Ray!
Does it have a root ball? I notice the top is not shown in any of the pics.
I wish I could take credit for the design. I tried to add some touches of my own.

Does it have a root ball? I notice the top is not shown in any of the pics.

Hey Doug! Judging from this pic it don't.....
He looks bald as Curly from here......

Maybe someone can bring a rainbow wig or pith helmet for him to wear! :lol:

New Poster Updated as of last week......more to come!!!!!!!!

Tiki Caliente website updates coming this week also

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Updated vendor list as of last week from the website of tiki caliente!!!!!!!!

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/vendor.html

Thanks for all the support from all the tiki fan's...........second set of rooms almost sold out also!!!

anyone interested in vending please contact me so we can get you on the vendor list..

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-27 13:32 ]

T

No it doesnt have a rootball . I just just didnt have one in my vast warehouse . But I will come up with something . My first impression of your poster is that I can use bent pipecleaners . .....hahaha . Just kidding . Ive got some ideas and now Im on a quest to justify your work .Maybe I can scalp Don King or something .LLT already cut off his hair and is selling it . PM some ideas at me .

Dude i don't know how you do it but this thing is getting better and better all the time!!!! Now I'm drooling to throw back some Mai Tais and bending some elbows with every one!!!!!

S
squid posted on Wed, Feb 27, 2008 9:04 PM

On 2008-02-25 09:02, Wildsville man wrote:

MUSIC THAT YOU DRINK AND DANCE TOO

UMMMM.....Did someone get cropped out of that pic??
Ahem....

On 2008-02-27 21:04, squid wrote:

Ahem....

You wern't Drinking and Dancing.

Grooving maybe.........

T

On 2008-02-27 21:04, squid wrote:

Ahem....

Yea, What's up with that ?

SQD, You know what that person needs?......

I can't believe they cut me out either!!!!!! This is the part they cut out!!!! I was just in the middle
of jamming MOBYDICK too!!!!!!!!!DIG?

OH WAIT, YOU MEANT THIS GUY?

THAT guy !

Pictures from the road to Tiki Caliente!!!!!!!!!!!! First thanks for showing A.J.(my better 3/4ths) and
myself a great time in the O.C., WooHoo and the Gang!!!!!!! Second.Biff you got the coolest house ever!!!!

The second group has now SOLD OUT!!!!! We will be increasing the package price after the 10th so If
your getting in, THEN LET'S GET IN ON!!!DIG?

We have locked in a couple more great vendors.......Smokin Tiki's and Monkeyman!!!! The Tiki Caliente
vendor list will be updated this weekend.

Following are pictures from this week at Sam's in Huntington Beach and a walk through of Biff's house
with his friend Andy!!!!!

Thanks for Tiki Freaky Week!!!!!!!WARNING VERY PICTURE HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... great looking pad...those walls are awesome. Wish my HOA would let me have a tiki in the front yard!!!! Thanks for the pics. :)

Hey Wildsville....good shots. Thank alot. forgot to tell you my AKA "Blingtiki"
Bottom's up!
Andy......

O

Great pictures Wildsville! I'm puzzled that you didn't get a shot of some of the painted tiki in the bar, I guess Woo Hoo and the others started your intervention early. There is hope for you yet Daddio!
My room is booked, I requested the Press room next to the pool and Hula contest.
(Brown sugar scrubs for all (female) Hula dancers provided by OjaiTimo)

I'm ready if you R.

T

Wow , thanks for the press . I just found out Ive been put on tikiblog.com about this event . Im pretty damn busy getting ready for this show , Viva Las Vegas , Tiki Farm sale , Surfbeat gallery and a few other projects. Ive made a limited edition set of tiki shift knobs or you can use them as beer taps too . Maybe thats why I woke up with another cold this morning . Have a great weekend all !

T

Damn cell phone pics .....bump !

Rory!
You didn't mention that you hung out with Andy and Bif!
Stoked you got to see Bif's house,it's a local treasure!
And that fireplace is awesome!
While you were there did he force you to play Wi? :lol:

Little Lost Tiki,
I didn't play that but I am ready for some HALO 3 SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!! My tag is WILDSVILLE!!!!!!! DIG?

So Don't Sing it!!!!!!!! Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SD

Mothers day is screwin this up !

Sales will be great because all the old mothers there getting visited

But mine is in Long Beach :(

so we can't go :(

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-06 16:33 ]

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-06 16:34 ]

SF

You gotta love Biff.

He is good peeps.

Dear Citizens of Wildsville,
Last night I had the privilege to bend some elbow with Tiki Magazines own Nick Camera.
He will be in Palm Springs for the weekend so I thought we should go to Hawaiian Bills
and Tropical for a Cocktail or Two.As we belly-ed to the bar we came up with a great idea!!!

Drink Specials with Guest Bartenders at Hawaiian Bills for the Tiki Caliente weekend.

Send in your special drink to this link with your photo and name and If we like it, you will be posted on
Wildsville-Man.com in the drink area.

Also,we will try to have a couple of you, make your drink at Hawaiian Bills as guest Bartenders.
Your name will be mentioned on the P.A. during the event so people can get to the bar and try your
special juice!!!!!!!!!

Keep it light my peep's and just remember rates will be increasing on the 10th of this month.
SO LOCK IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

IF YOU WAIT TOO LONG,YOU ARE BOUND TO GET BURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-03-07 15:07 ]

On 2008-03-06 16:31, Skinny Dog wrote:
Mothers day is screwin this up !

Happy Mother's Day
Happy Mother's Day
I am your son
I am a runaway
living on the East side
always getting stoned
gee I'm so happy
glad I'm not at home
HAPPY... MOTHER'S... DAAAY!

-David Peele & The Lower East Side

Thanks for all the drink Ideas sent to me personally,but in the future please just add them to this link.
I will update my drink page on Wildsville-Man next week with some of the idea's after they have been
taste tested and lowbrow approved.

Thanks to everyone who booked there package before today. We have your information at the Caliente
Tropics and you will be getting priority for rooms and space (for vendors)

Also, A Schedule for the days of the event will be up within the next week on http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Keep a lookout in the next TIKI MAG for our Ad there and if you live local listen to the radio
for some of the spot's we will have starting the 25th

See ya in May!!!!!!!! DIG

Local radio advertising? In the new issue of Tiki Magazine? The vendors gotta be loving it!

D

&^%$ I want to go. I was about 2 minutes from booking when Paula saw the date. Please next year not over Mother's Day!!!!!!!

Nothing says Mothers day like a Tiki Weekend at Caliente Tropics.

Get Mom a nice tropical shirt and a card with the history of the Caliente Tropics in it, for a clue.
Then the next thing you know,she will be the head of a conga line in front of the Martin Kings or
you will be picking her up off the floor at Hawaiian Bills from the powerful cocktails.....

Just joking,unless your talking about my family.

Option, come down Friday/Sat only!!!!!!!!

Either way, Happy Mothers day!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

Mom's, we would love to have you at Tiki Caliente, we need to class it up a little

Hey Wildsville, did you find any pictures of the Cellar yet?

I have a drink to submit for Tiki Caliente.
The Ojai

4 oz blood orange juice
1/2 oz Galiano
2-3 oz good rum Vic used 17 year old for his Mai Tai, he could afford it but I'm using Mount Gay or 4 year Flor De Cana.
10 mint leaves (muddled)
shake well with ice and shell

serve in tall glass with blood orange wheel

Thanks for the drink idea!!!!

I will be trying it this week well I am at Sam's Seafood in the O.C. I tried to recreate it last night with mount gay but I didn't have any blood red orange juice at the bar. But now I finally got to use
Galiano after 7 years of bar-tending. (that's not true,I used it for a Yellowbird once back in 2002).

Keep the drinks coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peep's of Wildsville,
I would like to thank the peep's who are all ready locked in for the weekend by giving first choice or Tiki-Caliente Swag.

Keep your eye's open I will be sending personal E-mails out to you peep's to have the chance
to pre buy some cool Swag before the others.

Doug Horne's limited poster (of Tiki Caliente) starting with number #3 (first come,first choice)
Tiki Ray's limited Tiki Caliente pendent........Starting with #4 (first come,first choice)
BFF Fez by Fez-O-Rama.....Starting with #3 (first come, first choice)
Tiki Caliente Tee's
and more..........................

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Make sure you use blood oranges, they are tarter. Seven years and no Galiano? Don't tell me you never made a Harvey Wallbanger?

Peep's of Wildsville,

I am saddened to let you know that the Martini Kings will NOT be part of Tiki Caliente this year.
Personal issues have come up to prevent these superpowers from merging this time around ,but we look forward to seeing them in the Springs soon. please no speculation or rumors,unless they are really good
and juicy.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has shown to anyone attending tiki caliente.

But please have faith and know that Wildsville Man always has another trick up his sleeve,Dig?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-03-19 15:51 ]

Peep's of Wildsville,
as we are saddened by the loss of the Martini Kings,we all know the show must go on......and going strong
it is.........

We have added 2 more packages to the reservation page because people need room to party. The standard
rooms are selling fast so we now added the deluxe party animal packages.

We now have over 40 percent of the resort Sold and we have full control of the Tropics. All people outside
of the package are being called and removed from the resort.

http://www.better-online-business-opportunity.com/wildsville-reservations.html

please remember that with every room you will receive 2 event wrist bands to get you into All area's
with no charge. Also the event pass will let you pre-buy products on the official website and discount
rates on drinks.

Extra bands are $25 each......

Catch ya on the flip side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

H

On 2008-03-20 08:02, Wildsville man wrote:
... All people outside of the package are being called and removed from the resort. ...

???

What exactly does this mean? Please explain.

[ Edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 09:01 ]

hello fellow tiki enthusiasts!
we regret that we had to cancel our tiki caliente gig but personal family stuff arose and we will be out of the country during this time.
thanks to rory and everyone at caliente. hope to perform for you all again.
good luck with this awesome event!i'm sure it will be a blast!
as you might have guessed....the martini kings love palm springs and hope to see you next time. have a great weekend in palm springs!

Correction,
What that means when I say removed is this......

When we first dealt with the Caliente Tropics they only released 50 rooms to the Tiki-Caliente Group until
we could sell over 50 percent of the resort. Management has of last week gave us the total Resort because of the amount of rooms we have already booked and the amount of e-mail they are receiving...

The Caliente Tropics have 90 rooms in all....there were 8 groups outside of ours....those 8 groups will be called and told of the event in case they don't want a bunch of parting tiki-fan's around them with live music playing from the lawn area and outside spectators checking out the resort.

Did I mean it as a scare tactic? NO!!!!! But am I a little pissed when I see people trying to backdoor
us when we are trying to give you a great product at a great price....

P.S. those people will be paying $25 bucks a head to get into the Bar area and food area anyways because
Bill's is for Members only, that weekend.

So please ask any question you like.........good or bad!!!!

I will answer all!!!!!!

We look forward to hearing from all fan's of tiki

[ Edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 09:02 ]

That was actually funny,so I will except that!!!!!!

Wait to hear for our replacement band later today!!!!!!!!!

I love backroom humor!!! DIG?

B

Team Tiki ( an upcoming Tiki Art Apparel company ) will be doing a limited edition run of Doug Horne's poster art for a high quality event shirt that will be available at the show and possibly for pre & post sales. We are still working out the pricing and availability but here's a lil sneak preview of what we are doing.

We are trying to tie in a drink coaster/hangtag that can be signed by Doug himself for the event. We are guesstimating the price to be in the $20 range. It will be a high quality , chocolate brown shirt with an interpretation of the famous Tropics poolside tiki, and a neck print commemorating the event.

Will keep you posted as the detail emerge

TM

I gotta say, I find it suspect that anyone comes to this forum and makes a strong accusation AND they are a first time poster. Very suspect indeed. I always say, follow the money. Who would benefit by hurting Wildsville man and this event? Who would benefit by trying to throw a monkey wrench into this whole deal?

O

I give up.who?

DB

[ Edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 09:02 ]

Sorry to hear that the Martini Kings have some life challenges to oversee...I wish you both good will and hope everything turns out well. We will miss you. :)

Hang in there Rory, I know you are trying to provide us with a great event. I am still looking forward to my first Palm Springs visit and also meeting fellow tikiphiles...well then there is the art and the cocktails too!!! :lol:

DB

[ Edited by: Da Buggah 2008-03-24 16:33 ]

K
Kahu posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2008 10:45 AM

On 2008-03-20 17:59, lucas vigor wrote:
I gotta say, I find it suspect that anyone comes to this forum and makes a strong accusation AND they are a first time poster. Very suspect indeed. I always say, follow the money. Who would benefit by hurting Wildsville man and this event? Who would benefit by trying to throw a monkey wrench into this whole deal?

Sounds more like insecurity, maybe even a small penis issue. I do think Da Buggah has his best intentions, though it is a shame he cannot post his concerns and thoughts as who he really is. But sometimes it is easier to attack and point fingers behind a mask.

Mothers womb indeed.

Wildsville, keep doing what you are doing, have faith, have a dream. And it will happen. Wish I could find a way to make it, I am sure that those that do attend will be glad they did.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies