Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies

More photo's sent to me!!!!!! I guess next time I wouldn't pay for a photographer.

Great Weekend, Great Art Show
It was my FIRST TIME in Palm Springs, and I absolutely fell in love.
MUCHO MAHALO to Rory, M Modern Gallery, The Caliente Tropics, The Incredible Bands and all the Talented Artists, Vendors and Tiki Fans!
It's all been said, so here's some pics~ENJOY! :drink:

We arrive at Ruby Montana's Coral Sands and are greeted by the guard dog, Lola.

Adam at the Coral Sands

Straight to the M Modern Gallery for their 5th anniversary Tiki Art Show! Congrats Jay and M Modern!
Thank you so much for having me in the show!

Crazy Al's amazing new Trader Vic's Tiki stuns all art patrons and tiki fans as they enter!

The wall of Big Eyes and Monkey Art!

Adam and Squid in their retina burning tiki shirts. :)

Derek Yaniger is my hero and a swell guy to boot!
What a great exhibition of his work . . .

One more look at Tiki Al's latest masterpiece (and personal Mai Tai guardian!)

It was INCREDIBLY WINDY leaving the M Modern, so we staged and impromptu photo shoot~Cheese-tastic!

Friday night back at the Caliente. Good times at the bar.
The lovely Tiki Kiniki and Tiki Ray hang out with my favorite Tiki Ray Carving 'The Widower'

Cheesy Photo shoot 2! Pulp Fiction Hotel fun back at the Coral Sands.
We stayed in the 'Yiddish Cowgirl' suite.

Houses that I dream of living in. . .
The architecture is so amazing and inspiring!

Vendors and Bands at the Caliente.
Nick, GROG and Adam at the Tiki Magazine booth (A little Menehune seems to have opened the Tiki Mag to my article!) :wink:

Back at the Coral Sands, swimming at sunset.

(Adam hates this photo-but I think it's ham and cheese goodness!) :wink:

Paradise. . .

Martini Kings on the Lanai. . .a perfect Sunday
Their version of Take 5 was amazing-what a bunch of talented kats. . .

Checking out of the Coral Sands. . . thanks Ruby Montana for a wonderful stay! We'll be back! :)

Wish I'd taken more pics of all the friends we spent this amazing tiki weekend with, but we were all too busy having fun! :drink: :)

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2008-05-23 00:49 ]

Suzy,
great pics, thanks for sharing,
you and Adam look like a couple strait outta the past.
good stuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Very nice image. Love the angles (from head to bosom to waist to knee), and lighting. Can you do this one in your birthday suit?

I COULD. . . but then Adam may have to kill you. :wink:

Thanks for you compliments on my windstorm parking lot posing. Yep. . . I got class out the wazoo. . .

wha?? Maybe Grog do a photoshop on you. jus kiddin' Adam.

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 22, 2008 9:45 PM

Only for you JT.

:lol:

On 2008-05-22 21:45, GROG wrote:
Only for you JT.

That doesnt look like a suit! No wonder Grog only work on cartoon show.

Cartoons are just puppets

I was gonna Say Careful what you Say JT,
Adam and Grog will be all over yer ass.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great pictures Adam!

Sunday anything but a day of rest.

Hey there, did anyone pick up my beach towel I left in the outside bar? it's multi-colored & left for home with out it Sunday after the Martini Kings played... I miss it :(

On 2008-05-25 00:03, Hiphipahula wrote:
Hey there, did anyone pick up my beach towel I left in the outside bar? it's multi-colored & left for home with out it Sunday after the Martini Kings played... I miss it :(

Ask Tiki Ray!
He's a THIEF!
He probably stole your Shower Curtain too!

R

Geez Kel, sounds like the work of shower curtain and towel gnomes...

How'd you manage to lose your shower curtain anyhow? o_O

Now I understand why THE LITTLE BABY JESUS prevented me from going to Palm Springs.

Did the Caliente double-book a Bear & Latex Convention or something? :P

Tiki Trav stopped by the shop and told me it was so hot out there he was actually sweating ... UNDERWATER!

Assuming "sweating" isn't Aussie slang for urinating, that's too damn hot for me, man. I spend a dozen years in the New Mexico desert and that was enough for me.

Thanks for posting these great pix so I can enjoy them and my cool ocean breeze at the same time!

Mission Beach is the place for me.
Shore livin' is the life for me.
Sea spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Palm Springs, just give me that ocean side!

Peep's of Wildsville,
I just received another 150 photo's from my photographer Larry. Are we overexposed or what?
Here is just a taste of what we have!!!!!!!!!!!

This should wet your whistle for now!!!!!!! Wait til you see the pictures at the gallery!!!!!!!

Hey thanks to all who shared pictures. I feel like I didn't get to hang out enough and meet people what with being tied to either our booth or the kid all weekend (not that I am complaining or anything...)

On 2008-05-25 09:11, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2008-05-25 00:03, Hiphipahula wrote:

Ask Tiki Ray!
He's a THIEF!
He probably stole your Shower Curtain too!

damn, I know how to find my shower curtain, Oh, it's right here where I left it! NOW where is my beach towel??? anyone???

More pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

I didnt take your towel . I did take Rory's glasses as collateral for payment . Hes paid in full so now I will ship them back to him . Im not a THIEF !!!!! Im not, Im not, IM NOT !!!!!!!!

T

Can't trust the 'tiki crowd'
Last time it was a simple washcloth now there up to towels.
What's next?

T

Okay , okay . I took a swizzle stick from Trader Vics when the bartender wasnt looking . I confess to you all . :( Forgive me .

Since this seems to be a confessional of sorts, i stole the extra roll of toilet paper from the Tropics but handed it to my wife on the way out and made her carry it in shame to the car. P.S. Its on our roll as we speak and its a little rough on the okole.

On 2008-05-25 14:11, hodadhank wrote:

Now I understand why THE LITTLE BABY JESUS prevented me from going to Palm Springs.
Did the Caliente double-book a Bear & Latex Convention or something? :P

Hey! I just got that! I resemble that remark! :P

TM

Fuggedaboudit!!

You and Al!!

Classic "bear" tiki!!!!!!!

One of the best pictures I have ever seen posted on this forum!

Great pics Rory.Thank U

I added over 100 photo's to my MYSPACE page including the pictures from the gallery not yet added to tiki central's blog. Stop by and check them out at:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50216247

God Bless!!!!!!!!!

WooHooo! Great pics Wildsville Man. When can we start booking our rooms for Tiki Caliente II?? :)

Exclusive pictures and exclusive art availible at WILDSVILLE-MAN's MYSPACE page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=50216247

Derek Yaniger's #1 Limbo

Aloha Rory!

Here's that scan of the matchbook I promised ya!

You probably all ready have a scan of it, but in case ya don't, here ya are! I'm posting it on the thread 'cuz it's a good excuse to get it bumped back up at the top where it belongs!

Like -Latersville!

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-06-04 00:30 ]

Peep's of Wildsville,
We have added a Blog section to Tiki-Caliente.com because of the amount of emails and comment sent to Wildsville-Man.com. Allot of the e-mails and comments are so funny I think they would be better for the public to read and discuss. Also with the blog it will be easier for communication of Tiki-Caliente news and updates and some of the SPIN-OFF's that are planed for the future.

If you get a chance stop by and leave a comment or question........Thanks

Rory
(A.K.A. Wildsville-Man)

P.S.our friends at TikiBarTV have a new episode that came out today so CHECK IT OUT!!!!! DIG

Apocalypse Tiki!
Classic episode!
had me on the edge of my seat!
Go check it out
http://www.tikibartv.com
it's funnier watching the episodes after you've met them!
thanks Kids!
and thanks again Rory!

UB

On 2008-06-05 09:42, little lost tiki wrote:
it's funnier watching the episodes.....

when you're drunk.

Finally discovered: The origins of Wildsville Man!

After last week's discovery of an unknown tribe in the Amazon, researcher J. Berry has discovered filmic evidence of an island ancestor that evidently must be the forefather of Wildsville Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYTWETp2srE

:lol: GREAT!!!

That Video is about my Great Grandaddy. We have allot of tree-huggers in this family.
I had to become a young Republican to be a rebel in the Wildsville Family Bud. Keep an eye on the Tiki-Caliente Blog for some cool updates and I look forward to seeing some of you at the DVA Tiki show in Chicago on June 21st.

http://tiki-caliente.com/Blog/

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-06-10 14:57 ]

Great classic cartoon Video clip Sven, how the heck did you found that I don't know.
I will think of that groovy video everytime I see Rory-yah dig.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-06-10 19:09 ]

two "WILD" and "CRAZY" Guy's

Keep an eye on http://tiki-caliente.com/Blog/ for updates on cool new Art and Promo packs.

P.S. that video of "the wildman of wildsville" has been on myspace page for a long while

Stop by and leave a comment.

All photo's from the M Modern show are now on Tiki-Caliente.com Blog now!!!!!!!!Not seen on TC YET.

Video from Tiki Caliente on it's way to youtube and the BLOG...COMING SOON

M

Just thought back on this event and it made me smile.

O

Wildsville Man, just tagged you and a dozen more on Facebook,
could have been a hundred tags on Stacey's Happy Chi Jewelry of Doug's Tiki Caliente painting. Dig this painting, it has a hundred stories. Who has the original?

Caliente Tropics, The Cellar, Reef Bar, Tiki Caliente!
Man, what a cool weekend that was! (in spite of a little B rum at times)

32 pages of posts on this thread, have to add a TC tag about that too.
Thanks Wildsville
Waiting for II

J

AWESOME! I will definatley be there, even if i have to take the SunBus! And it'll be right before my birthday too!

On 2009-12-11 18:34, Jetson wrote:
AWESOME! I will definatley be there, even if i have to take the SunBus!

Will you still go if you have to take a time machine to get there?

Buzzy Out!

J

On 2009-12-11 20:04, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

On 2009-12-11 18:34, Jetson wrote:
AWESOME! I will definatley be there, even if i have to take the SunBus!

Will you still go if you have to take a time machine to get there?

Buzzy Out!

OMG, i didnt realize the dates were from 2008. i thought it was coming up in 2010 :( So i did miss it after all. Well, I still look forward to the Tiki Caliente 2. But still, I was so excited...

[ Edited by: Jetson 2009-12-12 12:23 ]

[ Edited by: Jetson 2009-12-12 12:26 ]

It was an absolute blast and I can't wait for next years!!
For it being Wildsville's first event (that I know of) it went off without a hitch:D

ps Thanks for posting my necklace Tim!

WooHoooo! Can't wait to Return to The Tropics for Tiki Caliente 7

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies