Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies

T

OK , I made the commitment and Im in . This should be a great show because of whats involved . Its refreshing to see an outdoor weekend event thats about the tiki art , the artists , the bands , the exotica and of couse the tiki drinks . This is what I remember about the TO 2 when I started vending . Thats whats got me hooked . Its great to see peoples creations rather than looking at Party World overstock items for sale . Bring on the creators !!!!!!!!

Tiki-Ray, the new tiki rawks!! Awww, baby tiki is too cute!

T

Thanks girl , I call it "The Widower" . Moms not around and Dads crying cause he got stuck with the kid . Gee , sounds like my life !

B
Babalu posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 4:37 PM

Totally grovin on this new tiki Ray...mad props brah!

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 6:05 PM

Oh my GAD, Raymond just jumped three spaces up to a whole new level of Tiki carving.

That is just flat out freakin' great. You should be charging admission just to look at it.

Hey, don't let this all go to yer head, Raymond. You're keeping those Ray-Babes around, right?

Check out the history of the original owners of Caliente Tropics, Ken Kimes & his wife, Sante :

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/kimes/7.html

It's a film noir story of greed, deception, addiction and murder!

This is becomeing the A-team of tiki!!!!!!!!! Who am I? Merdock? Face? mr. T?
Whoever I am I am just glad to be part of this!!!!!!!!! Tickets went on sale today
and we can see that Palm Springs still has alittle tiki left in it!!!!!!!!

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-10 01:36 ]

WooHoo! SoccerTiki and I can't wait. May is the Perfect month to visit Palm Springs :)

Heya - can anyone attend this swinging shindig? Do we need a ticket or anything to get in? We don't need rooms but we would love to come and check out all the vendors.

Only if you dress and look like Diana Rigg:

Dig? :wink:

Is there any other way?

And yes, Steed will be with me :wink:

Oh well, I tried...I am sure there is way to attend without room rental. ....Wildsville Man will be right with you, I am certain.

Thanks for the intro BigBro!!!!!!!!!

Anyone can come check out the vendors during the day and go to M Modern on Saturday Night. We welcome all Tiki fan's to come down and support the tiki vendors and Hawaiian Bills. But when the sun goes down only guest of the hotel are allowed to be on the grounds. I was requested by the hotel to have extra security brought in and I don't want to get on their bad side!!!!!!!!DIG?

If you are interested in getting a room please go to http://www.tiki-caliente.com/... The first group
we released are selling pretty quick!!!!!

On 2008-02-11 17:49, EmmaPeel007 wrote:
Is there any other way?

And yes, Steed will be with me :wink:

Cool picture from your site Emma. Don't worry about a room, you can bunk with me and my girlfriend. She will understand, I think.

T

Extra Security... New crime wave in P.S.? Or is it to protect the overweight white guys in Rayon?

On 2008-02-12 06:53, TikiLaLe wrote:
Extra Security... New crime wave in P.S.? Or is it to protect the overweight white guys in Rayon?

There has been a crime wave of epic size in Palm Springs.....these criminals will take Rayon,Tiki,dirty undies,what ever they see!!!!!!!

This picture was takem during the last party I did at the Frank Sinatra house off of Alajo in Palm Springs!!!!!!!!!!! DIG?

On 2007-07-23 20:04, WooHooWahine wrote:
Need SECURITY for your next Party or Event Call 1-800-SOCCERTIKI
Ask for The Hinano_Paul Special

They will work for Mai Tais :)

You better get that bad wheel healed up first!!!!!! DIG?
Look forward to some time in the Springs with you crazy peep's!!!!!!

Just Added some new vendors to the show hope you like!!!!!!!!! P.S. 3 More all ready on for the next
poster update!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Wildsville, how about the music line up so far?
Maybe you can get these guys if they are available? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT6CY7OrK88

Wow,that band rocked!!!!!!!! There is an awesome chance that the one singer will be performing a solo
at the Caliente Tropics....He is doing a great original for MModern and will be staying in town. But for
now I am only listing the vendors......Not special guest!!!! Which we will have a few, not just tiki but all POP culture fan's will love.....

We are looking at bands now.....surf,exodica,hawaiian!!!!!!!!

People keep telling me this sounds like a fun little party,but we don't think small here in WILDSVILLE!!!

Get in,before your OUT!!!!!!!!! http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-12 11:20 ]

Did someone say there is a fun weekend in palm springs coming up soon???

art by the fabulous Derek Yaniger!

Martini Kings!!!!!!!!
Now we are cooking CALIENTE STYLE!!!!!!!!!HOT,HOT,HOT!!!!!!

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-13 09:04 ]

Tony, what a great cover (actual or mock-up?) Very Lighthouse Records/ West Coast Jazz style! What was the name of that swimsuit again? Wasn't it also a Rudi Gernreich design like the Mono-kini?

Martini Kings,
I am calling you out!!!!!I think you took the idea for your CD from this cover.

I hope you are cool enough to tell the truth!!!!!! DIG?

P.S. If Cherry Capri just happened to be at Tiki Caliente and the Martin Kings just happened to be at
Caliente Tropics would it be possible to bring us back to "creamy cocktails and other delights"?????

Just a question......Just something i'm thinking.....not based on fact.....

Keep your eye on TIKI CALIENTE and the line-up that we have,I will be updating the vendor list in about a week or so,But I have been very busy partying it up with a special TC'er out here in the Springs!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that elbow at a 90!!!!!!DIG?

Pictures from this weekend...............SO FAR

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FROM THE BOY'S AT TIKI FARM!!!!!!!!

A GREAT FRIEND OF MINE!!!!AND MY GIRLFRIENDS FAVORITE,CLIVE PEARSE

MY HERO,THE MAN WHO KNOWS THE REAL STORY!!!!!!!!!!!! SVEN A KIRSTEN
THANKS FOR THE HISTORY LESSON SVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2008-02-04 16:05, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
The 1972 movie "Teenage Sex Kittens" has a drive-by shot of the Tropics in Palm Springs, as well as several other buildings on the same street. The panning shot starts with the other sail sign before the Sambos, and I think ends before the second sail sign or the root-ball tiki. So I don't know whether the tiki still existed in 1972.

Sabu

Sabu,

Where did you get the Finnish-Subtitled "Teenage Sex Kittens",

or should I say:

"Teini-ikä Erotiikka Kissanpentu"?

AC

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail 2008-02-18 21:30 ]

The First Block of rooms have now SOLD OUT!!!!!! Thanks for all the support and liver damage you
Tiki Freaks gave me from this last weekend in the Springs.

The next block is available for sale on http://www.tiki-caliente.com/ for the same price. When those go
we may need to adjust the price for some of the entertainment we will have at the show.

Our goal is to have a great show that will entertain but not overburden your wallets....But the closer we
get to the date of the event,the more I will need to charge.

Any questions just sent them to me and they will be answered quickly...

A new vendor/entertainment list will be updated by April 1st.

If you want to vend at the show it would be best to be locked in before April 1st because that will be the list that will be posted in Tiki Magazine and will be on the TIKI-CALIENTE website.

I look forward to seeing you in the Springs!!!!!! DIG?

wildsville man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-20 09:45 ]

H

On 2008-02-20 09:28, Wildsville man wrote:.

...the closer we get to the date of the event,the more I will need to charge.

This is indicative of poor management. In all truth, the more people you have coming, the LESS they should have to pay for entertainment. Right? So this tells us that you don't really have a set entertainment budget set aside and that as you recruit more entertainment the budget goes up and you pass that on to the guests. That's not really fair to the guests unless you give us full disclosure.

So please tell us now. What exactly is the "current" entertainment line up?

I understand your question but if you ask any of the tiki freaks from this last weekend who were at the modernism show, they would tell you the room cost more then what I'm charging with the package. I had the
Tropics help with the price to save money for the fan's. For the price I am charging at this time it would be roughly the price you would pay independently to the Caliente Tropics.

So at this time I have great talent lined up and a great show at M Modern lined up!!!!!!

So the prices I am charging are fair and need to go up closer to the day of the event.

People who lock in now will help with less upfront money coming from my pocket.

I want everyone to have a great time, and not break the bank. But at the same time I don't need
to walk with a loss to me or the vendors.

Thanks for the Question and please understand I'm not trying to screw anyone, I just want to walk away
with a great party with great new friends to myself and Palm Springs!!!!DIG?

Yeah, I know you're not trying to screw anybody.

I just want to know what the current entertainment line up is. Asking people to wait until April Fools day is not the best marketing move.

[edited to remove unnecessary comment about oral sex]

[ Edited by: hakalugi 2008-02-20 10:30 ]

Got 'big' money on the WILDSVILLE MAN to provide good tunes ....

How about the guy that was there last weekend. Looks like Brother Iz and I hear that he is good, Is he going to be there?

Do I see a spittoon in that photo?

R

On 2008-02-20 10:47, Ojaitimo wrote:
How about the guy that was there last weekend. Looks like Brother Iz and I hear that he is good, Is he going to be there?

That guy's name is Titus and he is very good. He plays in the bar at Duke's in Huntington Beach a lot in the summer. He also is good friends and often plays Hawaiian gigs with Pat from The Smokin' Menehunes. DIG!

WooooHooo! Have you made your reservations yet?? This is going to be an event that you're not going to want to miss out on :)

Hi all my name is Tony as you can prob guess from the user name but I'm married to the manager over at the tropics and she is working with Wildsville to do the best they can. i for one am looking forward to this and plan on having one hell of a time!!!!

Tony,
Good to have you in the group!!!! Your wife is one cool chick!!!! DIG?
I look forward to meeting you at the show and maybe bending some elbow's together.

Keep loose and enjoy that poster I heard you received!!!!!! "your a bad boy,Tony"

Palm Springs were the weather is awesome!!!!!! Maybe not today!

UPDATE!!!!!!! JUST ADDED TO THE SHOW FOR SATURDAY DAY AT CALIENTE TROPICS AND M MODERN AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT PARTY WITH SOME GREAT PEEP'S!!!!!! DIG?

AND WITH OUT THE KINGS IS IT REALLY A PARTY?

THANKS GUY'S FOR GIVING ME A REASON TO KEEP MY ELBOW AT A 90!!!!!!!!!!

Yeee Haaw...I'm in. Just booked and looking forward to my first Palm Springs tiki adventure. I love the Martini Kings....WAY TO GO WILDSVILLEMAN!!! :)

Dear Vamp,
Thanks for the support.I think Tiki in Palm Springs go Hand-in-Hand. The real star of this show
is the Tiki Freaks and the Caliente Tropics itself. I look forward to moving and shaking to the sounds
of the Martini Kings myself. It would be cool if we could add a little more Awesomeness to the event by
maybe adding a band like Smokin Menehunes!!!!!! Wait, Maybe I just did!!!!!!!!!More info to come!!!DIG?

T

OMG, Wildsville melted and this is all that's left!! Melted into the dirt, where to look? DIG!

TM

On 2008-02-20 13:54, Riptide wrote:

On 2008-02-20 10:47, Ojaitimo wrote:

That guy's name is Titus and he is very good. He plays in the bar at Duke's in Huntington Beach a lot in the summer. He also is good friends and often plays Hawaiian gigs with Pat from The Smokin' Menehunes. DIG!

Yeah, dat be uncle Titus!

I played a gig with him and Pat. The guy can sure sing!

And yes, that's a spitoon.

UPDATE ON ENTERTAINMENT*****************************WILDSVILLE MAN AND TIKI CALIENTE ARE PROUD TO PRESENT

MUSIC THAT YOU DRINK AND DANCE TOO

The vendor list is growing and the entertainment is well on it's way too......

Thanks to all the Freaks of Tiki that have locked-in to the show

The second group of rooms is almost sold out!!!!!!!

Smokin Menehunes and Martini Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS IN MAY!!!!! DIG?

The Music at the Pool. The Room Parties. The vendors. The Kings. The Menehunes! It's what the Caliente Tropics was made for!!! And in the perfectly warm weather of May!

Picture yourself here with a drink in your hand and some tunes in your ears!

O

What about Hula girls Wildsville?
I'll be showing Hula Girls in my room, and showing my collection of vintage Hula girls and other stuff, but I think we would all prefer the seeing real Hula girls. Well maybe not all of us, but most of us anyway.

T

Wildsville Man ? Wildsville Man???? More like bustin my balls man . As soon as I jump on the Caliente bandwagon , this guy is killing me to reproduce Doug Hornes Poster tiki . Like the Bali Hai tiki , its one thing to carve your own but to recreate someone elses fine art into 3D is a killer .Any ways its not done yet but he insists that I show some teaser pics of it . I hope you like it . Now everyone write him hate mail for him to stop treating me like his "kick dog , whipping boy!"

WAAAAAAAH!
Quit griping TikiRAy!
i know lots of carvers who would JUMP at the chance to carve the "mascot" tiki for an event!
All your griping is robbing you of precious energy needed to carve that thing....
so quit being such a Whineybaby and get back to the chisels!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 477 replies