Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MAY 3rd. nooner at bamboo ben ...with Smokin Mini's, tikiyaki o!, exotiki ! and the hula girls!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 447 replies

to me,
the 4 biggest reasons to be there.
cheers to all the bands for doing it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 30, 2009 8:38 AM

WHAT?!!!!!!!!! The HULA GIRLS is a bunch of guys!!!! Aw crap! That remind GROG of the time GROG went to see Barenaked Ladies in concert, and GROG was totally disappointed. Isn't that false advertisement or something?

HITCH YER WAGONS FOR SUNDAY MAY 3RD!

THIS JUST IN....
STRAIGHT FROM SMURFVILLE
THESE GENTS WILL DO A LATE NIGHT MIDNIGHT PERFORMANCE
(if you drink too much!)

also...Pictures are worth a thousand words...

and i'll be bringing a few of these
but don't have enough for everyone
so get yer own!
:)

More soon!

B

Tiki Bong on steel guitar. This is one of the few people "banned for life" from this forum.

and good riddance i say...philistine!!

Tikiyaki...Led by Jim Bacchi, a total genius.

really? If he's such a genius, how come they don't know "Free Bird"???

Exotiki...Gypsy hot jazz

saints preserve us!

Spike...surfing Cabo right now

OMG, there is some south swell in the water too...the bastard.

[ Edited by: BigToe 2009-04-30 09:09 ]

On 2009-04-30 09:08, BigToe wrote:

Tiki Bong on steel guitar. This is one of the few people "banned for life" from this forum.

and good riddance i say...philistine!!

Exotiki...Gypsy hot jazz

saints preserve us!

Spike...surfing Cabo right now

OMG, there is some south swell in the water too...the bastard.

and i say...learn to put a / before your quotes on the end quote
or you won't get it to show in quotes like you want!
idiot.....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2009-04-30 10:00 ]

• lucas vigor wrote:*
    Exotiki: Again, a large group. Featuring Kevin from Big Sandy and the fly-rite boys on bass. This band melds exotica, western swing, Hawaiian and amazingly, Gypsy hot jazz, and is going to totally and completely blow you away.

The Hula Girls: Led by Spike (Lucky Designs) who is in Mexico surfing Cabo right now, and will come back and "get" us all with the swine flu.

Thanks Lucas!

But Exotiki mainly features Thomas Yearsley (the Paladins) and Jeff Ross (too many good bands to list)... I'm just the bass player. :wink:

Just heard from Spike too. He's claiming 6 ft. and uncrowded down in Cabo. ( I don't know... the South has faded alot since last week. It's complete small shit house here now...)

btw.. I'm just kidding Spike. I bet it's good and fun down there. Just please don't bring back any Swine...

Yeah!!!!! Spike! No f-ing swine flu, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I forgot to mention also, Dominic Tucci from the Hula Girls: One of the old school tiki band veterans (The Swinging Tikis)

I heard that Crazy Al got his claim to fame way back in the day, dancing all crazy and shit for the swinging tikis(who are/were a surf band by the way)
:wink: :o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2009-04-30 10:13, bigtikidude wrote:
I heard that Crazy Al got his claim to fame way back in the day, dancing all crazy and shit for the swinging tikis(who are/were a surf band by the way)
:wink: :o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I am pretty sure you are correct!

i just found kiki's nametag..

and for all youse who need a nametag....

R

On 2009-04-30 09:08, BigToe wrote:

I'm no genius, but I can too play Freebird.

BIG

F*CKIN

TOE !!!!!!!!!!!

R

Way to go
scarin all the peoples away,ravers!
Yikes!

TRHIS ONES FOR THE LADIES....

Last flyer.....
i gots work to do! See y'all there on Sunday!

little lost tiki wrote:
Way to go
scarin all the peoples away,ravers!
Yikes!

HA HA!

Best one yet!

T

Oh god, please make it stop ! :o

B

so Kinny, r u a freak, a hobo or both???

On 2009-04-30 11:51, ravenne wrote:

OhhohHOhoh, HAAhaHAHAHhahAaa, heeeheeeHEEeeeheeHeee . . . .

that is the funniest damn thing I have ever seen! :lol:
See you Sunday JazzEJazz and BubbleB!

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-04-30 17:29 ]

On 2009-04-30 17:27, BigToe wrote:
so Kinny, r u a freak, a hobo or both???

i'ma freakinhobo,SIR!

BigButt...:lol:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet BUT... I was driving north on PCH to Newport, and there were signs about the OC marathon on sunday, so I'd avoid the coast if you're coming from down south (unless, I suppose, if you're in the marathon. Then it might be quicker!)

we should detour them to0 the NOONER!

On 2009-04-30 17:42, kahalakruzer wrote:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet BUT... I was driving north on PCH to Newport, and there were signs about the OC marathon on sunday, so I'd avoid the coast if you're coming from down south (unless, I suppose, if you're in the marathon. Then it might be quicker!)

Mahalo for the info, kahalakruzer. This could have been a nightmare for some folks. Here's a link to the marathon route in case anyone would like to check.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/ca/newport%2520beachcosta%2520mesa/santa%2520ana/irvine/573943659622

NEWS FLASH

Carpooling is smart!!!

Bikes and skateboards too!

There will be no onsite parking.

Just South of Yorktown there is a Black, Century 21 building with large empty

lot on Sundays. Across from that(north Beach Blvd) there is a Hoag office

building, same.

For those of you planning on bringing a chair ( all day'ers), please park there.

For those of you purchasing BIG stuff... you can pull your car to the coned off

area on Yorktown ave.

Thank you for understanding!!!

.......it all started out as a Grass Roots gig....lol!!

Notch and his Ku Bar and the Music got picked up by a local HB paper The

Independent. ( nothing for us artists, but hey! It's a blip! :)

Anyone ever see that Stones movie where they play at that speedway

towards Nor Cal? Alt....

Gimme Shelter (1970)
In December of 1969, four months after Woodstock, the Rolling Stones and Jefferson Airplane gave a free concert in Northern California, east of Oakland at Altamont Speedway. About 300,000 people came, and the organizers put Hell's Angels in charge of security around the stage. Armed with pool cues and knifes, Angels spent the concert beating up spectators, killing at least one. The film intercuts performances, violence, Grace Slick and Mick Jagger's attempts to cool things down, close-ups of young listeners (dancing, drugged, or suffering Angel shock), and a look at the Stones later as they watch concert footage and reflect on what happened.

I HEART the Rolling Stones! Don't worry, people, we've hired the s'lleH slegnA for our security team....all is good...most of them are Dentists and stuff now.

And another thing....I LOVE my husband beyond belief and he works harder than HELL for everything we love and dig. Sunday will be a great day, and I hope everyone appreciates the love and labor from everyone; Bands, Vendors and us.

Aloha!

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Apr 30, 2009 11:08 PM

and finishing up the day will be the reunion of an ol' local huntington beach quartet, who back in their day played edison high, cuckoo's nest, golden bear, fender's ballroom etc. and opened for the likes of such bands as tsol, social distortion, mia, the crowd, china white, shattered faith & the hated just to name a few. a band that never was in with the in crowd, that tried really hard to NOT fit in. think four corners, think 90 degree angles. ahh, it's gonna be like hendrix closing out woodstock...

TM

On 2009-04-30 23:08, KuKu wrote:
and finishing up the day will be the reunion of an ol' local huntington beach quartet, who back in their day played edison high, cuckoo's nest, golden bear, fender's ballroom etc. and opened for the likes of such bands as tsol, social distortion, mia, the crowd, china white, shattered faith & the hated just to name a few. a band that never was in with the in crowd, that tried really hard to NOT fit in. think four corners, think 90 degree angles. ahh, it's gonna be like hendrix closing out woodstock...

Oh Baby!!!!!!!!

SF

K
KuKu posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 8:03 AM

On 2009-04-30 22:03, Mrs Bamboo wrote:
we've hired the s'lleH slegnA for our security team....

support your local 18

K
KuKu posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 8:19 AM

On 2009-04-30 22:52, Mrs Bamboo wrote:
And another thing....I LOVE my husband beyond belief and he works harder than HELL for everything we love and dig. Sunday will be a great day, and I hope everyone appreciates the love and labor from everyone; Bands, Vendors and us.

Aloha!

for the love of ben mrs. boo, indeed!!! i'm just leaving to drive 7 hours to enjoy what he works like hell for. can't wait to see everyone and suck up some of that aloha...

Nice hat on that flyer,Doug!
Kirbs is throwing a shaka! :lol:

AMEN,Sister!
You're the chick behind the dude playing the DUDE!
Ben wouldn't rock half as hard without your constant love,attention,and council...Three cheers to you both and THANKS for so many things i can't even begin to list!My! What a BIG FAMILY you'll have on Sunday! :)

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 9:14 AM

On 2009-05-01 07:58, Swamp Fire wrote:

Nice flyer there Doug, but Kinny's cock ain't that big.
He's a small man with a small cock. Actually, he probably doesn't even have a cock anymore--only a hen,
and she never lays any eggs.

Aloha!

Mrs. B You Rock.

Takin' care of Ben, us Hobos, the children, and well everybody by spreading the aloha spirit.

Looking forward to meeting you.

DC

TWO

I've been savin' my pennies, checking under couch cushions, mowing lawns to be able support some my favorite artists. It sounds like they are all gonna be there Sunday.
If you see something you really like, by an artist you really like, Fucking BUY IT. This economy isn't going to fix itself.
(stepping off my soap box)"Thank you and Good Night".

1816 miles for the love of tiki!

Thanks to the Boos and the bands, the artists and attendees for what is sure to be a stellar event!

See you all this weekend!

B

Aloha!

We love ur hubby and you too!...and keep in mind that ur tiki ohana are also ur security, traffic directors, big-boy-sitters, cheap labor and evil minions. If fact, Kenny has volunteered to be in charge of vomit removal.

MAD Alohas, toesy

:D Kinny is swell in my book!
Everyone has been so nice with offers to help out. Our 11 year old, Blake, has made a few OVER THE TOP Cd's we'll play during intermissions. Hint....first Cd starts with "The Natives are Restless" by The Cramps. Our boys ROCK!

Aloha! :)

On 2009-05-01 10:19, Lake Surfer wrote:
1816 miles for the love of tiki!

Thanks to the Boos and the bands, the artists and attendees for what is sure to be a stellar event!

See you all this weekend!

That's amazing! It's going to be a great day thanks Ben & Vicki for the opportunity. I am bring some family to the Nooner from Mi. "The Great Lake State" as well. It's a small world.

Mrs Bamboo wrote:
first Cd starts with "The Natives are Restless" by The Cramps.

Our boys ROCK!

I'll say! That's one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands!

Thanks again for meetin' with me this morning... sick son and all... looking forward to Sunday!!!

You and Ben rock! :)

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-05-01 14:49 ]

So how about donations? Is there anything people can bring? Cash? Beer/booze? I'd love to chip in any way I can.

Let all of us know!

B

I'll be there....

Are we putting our REAL names on the nametags or our FORUM names? I don't wanna pull a tiki social faux pas!

It's heeeeere!

Notch's KU BAR in the house!!!

Notch and Danny dropped it then split to Tiki Ti. They said tomorrow they're gonna hit Trader Vics and Don the Beachcomber! Sunday morning we will erect KU!! Notch Rocks!!!

See Ya'll soon. :)

That Ku bar must be quite a sight coming down the freeway! Can't wait! See you all Sunday.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.