Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MAY 3rd. nooner at bamboo ben ...with Smokin Mini's, tikiyaki o!, exotiki ! and the hula girls!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 447 replies

i agree..
you folks seem waaaaaaaaay too stoked over a keg that's around 3 months away...

little lost tiki wrote:
i agree..
you folks seem waaaaaaaaay too stoked over a keg that's around 3 months away...

Wow, you're sooooooo cool.

A good friend of mine just died... he was a huge Newcastle enthusiast... so that's all I've been drinking in his honor the past two weeks. So, I am going to show a bit of enthusiasm for a whole keg of it.... even if it is 3 months away.

Guess I shouldn't show any excitement for my trip to Spain/Morocco either.... since we don't leave for another week...

a week's okay.....
Who wouldn't be stoked about a trip to Spain?
but 3 months? for any kind of Beer?
C'mon! that is a stretch...
the only time someone should be stoked about a 3-month wait
is that they turn 21 in that span of time
or they're a Marine and a"Shortimer"..

Sorry about your friend...
but,seriously
one shouldn't be so thin-skinned when we joke on these threads..
Most Tcer's don't know the situations their Ohana encounter in their
personal lives and sometime we step on toes wthout any malicious intent.
Again, sorry about your friend Mr. Menny
I'll raise a glass of NewCastle in his honor
next time I'm around a bar....

little lost tiki wrote:
Again, sorry about your friend Mr. Menny
I'll raise a glass of NewCastle in his honor
next time I'm around a bar....

:wink: ... Cheers!

I am excited, too, that my band, Exotiki, is going to be part of Ben's party.

Just gearin' up for it I guess.... no harm done.

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-01-27 09:47 ]

If you're in Federal lock-up, a keg even a YEAR away is something to be stoked about......I don't think any TCers are locked up, but you never know. Amenities in Club Fed are way more extravagant than folks who make under 30k per year can afford, so they probably have wireless laptops in all of the cells.

And since this is NOT a Tiki party, we're all just going to be a bunch of So-Cal douchebags, hanging around a Huntington parking lot in hawaiian shirts. DAMN THESE LABELS!!

Oh well. I'll bring the vinegar, as usual.

So this is still a date to mark in your calendar right Ben? bump

On 2009-02-21 15:57, Hiphipahula wrote:
So this is still a date to mark in your calendar right Ben? bump

Only if you have nothing else better to do that day!!! lol!!

We'll roll it out in a few more weeks.....

I really really really wish we could go to this. But, since we already have plans to go to Vegas in April, (Yes, we will go to Frankie's every day) and Tiki Oasis in August we will not be able to make it. However, we are doing a two week road trip that Tiki Oasis will be a part of and have plans to go to Huntington Beach. Ben, do you think you could do another party then so we can see your place? :wink:

GT

Since I have nothing better to do! I'll come down with some ceramic stuff for sale and suck down most of your beer! So I guess I'll have to sponsor a keg for the event so all the rest of you will have something to drink! I can get a Long Board Keg! If that's Cool? Sorry Ben I don't do Bud! Cheers! Gogo

Let me know, How Dani and I can help out!

On 2009-02-21 19:30, Tiki Kupcake wrote:
I really really really wish we could go to this. But, since we already have plans to go to Vegas in April, (Yes, we will go to Frankie's every day) and Tiki Oasis in August we will not be able to make it. However, we are doing a two week road trip that Tiki Oasis will be a part of and have plans to go to Huntington Beach. Ben, do you think you could do another party then so we can see your place? :wink:

Sounds like a good excuse for another nooner!!

( or at least a happy hour or 2....)

TS

I will also raise a NewCastle in Andy's memory!, And also a salute to BB with a KING of Beers!
B= Because
U= U (you)
D= Deserve
W= What
E= Every
I= Individual
S= Should
E= Endlessly
R= Receive

• ehhh, I memorized that from childhood somehow...Gran-dad was a huge Budweiser fan, and I guess I picked it up from him(the beer drinkin', not the slogan)...I respect my elders.... :lol:

Here's a few of our Artist Friends that will be showing and selling their art at the Nooner @ Bamboo Ben (our shop not our house!!!)on May 3rd 2009.

Go Go -Da Kine ceramics from HB!

Buzzy Chairs- Tiki chairs, tiki chairs..tiki chairs...lol

Billy the Crud- Tiki with a twist! Boing!

Big Ed - Stone Man!

Ruzic - Manic Art!

Lake Tiki -from the frozen tundra thawing his TIKI out!!
( if there isn't a swell)

Big Toe- 15,000'th art show! ( in 1 year)

Doug Horne and Stacy- Now from Ventura!!!

Crazy Al -if he's not snow boarding...

Squid! - 8 arms of every art! and 2 tentacles too!!!

More soon.....

p.s. Bong will be playing solo steel between bands also...

more soon

TM

Yeah!!!!

TWO

And since this is NOT a Tiki party, we're all just going to be a bunch of So-Cal douchebags, hanging around a Huntington parking lot in hawaiian shirts. DAMN THESE LABELS!!

We are planning on coming so there should be a fair amount of Nor-Cal douchebags there too.

There's a cheap hotel across the street

for any out of townees ( daily, weekly, monthly place)

but I've never stayed there so I can't

vouch for the rooms.

Flounder came for a visit a few years ago, checked in

then checked right out and went to the best western a block

up Beach Blvd.

Nice to hear Nor Cal will represent!!

Van Pool?

T

Hotel? C'mon !

Just pass out in the parking lot, bathe in the new Bamboo Ben Waterfall, and go home !

Bathe?

whats that?
:o :wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sounds fun, count me in!

keg of primo reserved...

On 2009-03-14 12:57, RevBambooBen wrote:

more soon

WOOHOO! :)

CJ

On 2009-03-26 20:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
keg of primo reserved...

keg as in singular?

On 2009-03-26 20:32, WooHooWahine wrote:

On 2009-03-14 12:57, RevBambooBen wrote:

more soon

WOOHOO! :)

actually, Bong aka Kevin will be the eMCee all day with plenty of puns and steel!

T

Bong as MC? Sweet !

On 2009-03-26 20:22, RevBambooBen wrote:
keg of primo reserved...

Who do we give donations to?

Bong as MC?
That guy needs to slow down with his jokes,tho...
he's funny as all HECK, but when you talk to him
you're getting jokes from 30 seconds back
while he's already on the next one!...
CLASSIC!
:lol:
this is gonna be PHUN!

D

Dano Posted: 2009-01-15 09:45 am

Keg of Primo? Yeeessssssss!

See...what did I tell ya? Yessss, again.

Swaying and Playing since 64’

[ Edited by: Dano 2009-03-27 12:06 ]

N
NOTCH posted on Wed, Apr 1, 2009 9:15 AM

Did I here FREE BEER?

Aloha everybody! I'm gonna take my 1000th post to invite you all to check out a cool little ditty I wrote based on the legendary Don Ho mai tai glass. The song is called "Suck 'Em Up" and was performed live by my band, The Hula Girls at the Blue Cafe in Long Beach a couple of weeks ago.
Enjoy! and we'll see you all at Ben's NOONER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9DAGvycPA

TM

I would like to add that ALL our song lyrics written by Lucky D are about the Tiki lifestyle. Mugs, low brow art, surfing, classic poly-pop references are in every single song we do. I am very excited about this gig, because some of you OC people who have missed our gigs will really get a chance to finally hear and see us. Pay attention to the lyrics if you can, because they are about you, me and this thing of ours, TIKI!

I love the one song mentioning Don the Beachcomber.
and If I'm correct you wrote that before Kona had changed to Don's?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks, Jeff! Yeah, that one is called WAIKIKI MOON... That's a happy little ditty too.

From the grand re-opening of the Royal Hawaiian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYtk2EYsR4

....and to Lucas' point, a song that I wrote awhile ago that features a character in the low brow art scene is called SURFIN' WITH VON FRANCO. It's a real surfy, hot roddy kinda thing... I wrote it after hanging out out with Franco at Tiki Oasis years ago... back when it was in Palm Springs... One of my favorites...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TYIkrjF3Q

This is reminiscent of the epic, original "Gathering of The Tribes" party that Ben hosted in 2002 at his old shop.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=832&forum=1

That was where I was first introduced to Tiki Central and the fine folks there. Can't wait to see the new digs.

T

Looking forward to the privilege of playing this show at Ben's. I think my first trip to the show was in 2001, when a girl i worked with who knew I liked Tiki stuff told me about one of the many 1/2 off sales at the shop, and we cruised over there on a Sat morning. I still have the stuff I bought that day hanging up on my wall.
Probably my "in person" first brush with the TC community...

Anyway, this should be loads of fun.

CA

On 2009-04-02 18:40, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
That was where I was first introduced to Tiki Central and the fine folks there. Can't wait to see the new digs.

Sabu came barring gifts! to this day, one of my favorite neck wears... a real Cayman Tooth from the Amazon!

I was at the first 2002 Bamboo Ben event too.
I heard about it somehow thru the surfing museum.
and I went to check it out.

I recognized a few people from SHAG art shows.
I got a mug from Tiki Diablo and JonPaul was looking at it recently and said "dude I think this was one of the first mugs Danny did"
who knew?

Kinda like when I bought some tiki tones pendants from Crazy Al back in 1997?
at the surf museum shows, man that was ancient history now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Tickets booked!

Jen and I are really stoked to be a part of this event!

With more snow on the way for us here this weekend, we are really looking forward to a California getaway!

:D Congrats to Bamboo Ben on this new phase of your career! :D

I'll have some great new stuff with me created special for this event!

See you soon!

Passed by Ben's the other day after surfing. The doors were open but I didn't stop.

Didn't want to bug him...

Ok... so it's exactly a month away now....

Can we start talking about Kegs and beer again??! :)

YES!
:)
i was gonna PM ya
but got beat to the punch
er keg...

Attencion'...

To everyone whom is involved...

please email me ..... @ aol.com so I can send you out a

heads up .

Also, first Primo keg reserved, 2nd to ? we'll be taking

"donations" at the gig.

Jim @ Mr Kegs in H.B. is prepared.

We'll also have some hot dogs and hamburgers until we run out.

Anyone wanna help que? PM MrsBamboo here on TC.

Gonna be a fun party.

I'm all for chipping in.

I need to start going to some of these TC shindigs. I've been reading about everything during years of lurking and so far I've been to the Planet Rooth thing and a few Exotiki shows. So this spring/summer I'm planning to enjoy at least a TC trifecta... The Don the Beachcomber Party, Ben's Party, and Oasis.

Dartin, are you still talking Newcastle? If you need me to chip in, or if anyone else does, let me know. I can paypal it to ya or something. I'm hoping my girlfriend and brother can make it too.

M

On 2009-04-02 20:11, tikiyaki wrote:
the many 1/2 off sales at the shop

I got my pants on sale...they're 1/2 off. HEYO!

TM

On 2009-04-02 18:40, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
This is reminiscent of the epic, original "Gathering of The Tribes" party that Ben hosted in 2002 at his old shop.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=832&forum=1

That was a great thread, but the pictures are long gone, sadly. Where are those Thurston Howlies these days? Cherie Capri?

Anyway, this Bamboo Ben thing.....Ben, I already thank you in advance for what I think is going to be the event of the year! The bands are OUTSTANDING and all gonna be under the same roof (or same sky, whatever)? That's NUCKING FUTS!!!!!!!!
This is going to be too much fun!!

Tiki Shaker wrote:

Dartin, are you still talking Newcastle? If you need me to chip in, or if anyone else does, let me know. I can paypal it to ya or something. I'm hoping my girlfriend and brother can make it too.

Tiki Shaker, I'm thinking PBR or more Primo now. (I have actually become burnt out on NewCastle :( ).

We'll figure it out this month...

TM

On 2009-04-04 07:49, Dartin Menny wrote:

Tiki Shaker wrote:

Tiki Shaker, I'm thinking PBR or more Primo now. (I have actually become burnt out on NewCastle :( ).

One thing, if possible, all the bands should pose together for a mass, group picture!

[QUOTE]
Tiki Shaker, I'm thinking PBR or more Primo now. (I have actually become burnt out on NewCastle ).

We'll figure it out this month...[QUOTE/]

Ouch.... Newcastle is usually as lite a beer as I'll go. My theory on beer is kind of like chili, if a fork doesn't stand up in it, it's not worth drinking!

Oh well, I can suffer for the masses, when the chipping in needs chipping in, let me know, I'll chip in.

SD

Can we vend at your event Ben or do you need to advertise in Tiki Magazine ?

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2009-04-05 16:42 ]

On 2009-04-04 07:51, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2009-04-04 07:49, Dartin Menny wrote:

Tiki Shaker wrote:

One thing, if possible, all the bands should pose together for a mass, group picture!

"It would be Awesome if ALL the bands could JAM together at one point during the day!" :)

Just got back from Vegas and will be fingering it all out this week.

Top Fuel Dragsters freakin Rock!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 447 replies