Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

MAY 3rd. nooner at bamboo ben ...with Smokin Mini's, tikiyaki o!, exotiki ! and the hula girls!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 447 replies

SD

Is the world ready for a Monthly Nooner ??

I think 3 a year would work and you two wouldn't get burned out .

The First one was great timing to kick off Summer Early May

Now I would be down for a post Tiki Oasis Nooner in late August!!!!!

That would be a great way for those who couldn't attend Tiki Oasis to hear the tales while they are still fresh in our heads.

And a third Nooner just prior to Christmas would rock
Get the bands to do surf Christmas music and everyone could do their shopping

Make it happen Ben

Hahahahahaha

TWO

On 2009-05-06 02:17, Skinny Dog wrote:
Is the world ready for a Monthly Nooner ??

Now I would be down for a post Tiki Oasis Nooner in late August!!!!!

The problem with ANY event after Oasis is nobody has any money left. We learned that at the Forbidden Island Parking lot Sale.
There was so much cool stuff but we couldn't afford it.

On 2009-05-05 22:44, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s. I was blown away by Pua's Blessing of the Hale Ohe' too!

Here's somthing that just popped up on google.

http://thehighpriestess.blogspot.com/2009/05/why-is-there-no-rum.html

Maybe next time a lil' rum with/for Pua! :)

Uh oh. I've been made. And now it's my turn to blush.

Six years, quietly under the radar..and BAM! Ben finds me. Are you sure you're not a PI?

Mahalos again Ben. Ku'uipo spirits like you, Vicki, and your ohana make me feel a little less homesick all the time. Oh, and I didn't miss the rum too awful much! It was a very great day.

Malama Pono, Pua

a little bit off the subject...
did anyone see the picture in the Hale
of young BooBen with Marty Feldman?
Highlight of the Day! :)

First thing I noticed in the place. Very cool!

We'll, we're back home again, and let me tell you we packed so much into the past weekend that life around the homestead is going to be awfully boring until we head out to Tiki Oasis in August!

Huge thanks to Ben and Vicki for throwing this really fun event!
Your hospitality was wonderful, and we had a blast!
Ben, Hale Ohe' looks great, and I can tell it was a real labor of love... no detail left out of place!

The weather was absolutely beautiful, and we were also victims of our first sunburn of the year. I'm happy to report that it has turned into a nice base tan for the rest of the summer. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who took home one of my new creations! I really appreciate your support, and I hope you enjoy your Lake Tiki!

It was so good to see everyone, whether we met you many years ago at a Hukilau or this weekend for the first time.
Thanks for coming by and saying hello, and thanks for all the kind compliments on my work!

Kuku, hopefully we'll share some waves again in August, many thanks again for bringing the extra board!
Tai Won On, great to see you again! Look forward to seeing you and the crew in August!

Tikimec, great having you as a neighbor! Your work is beyond words. Look forward to seeing you at Oasis!

Polynesiac, I'm shipping your Pagui out asap! Many thanks again!

Just a few of our photos from the weekend...

TM

Fun time.

My daughter got a nice silkscreened tiki t-shirt.

She especially liked the vintage sea foam green car with the skull on the dashboard and its bright fuchsia-haired driver.

:D

[ Edited by: tiki moon 2009-05-06 12:59 ]

K
KuKu posted on Wed, May 6, 2009 7:14 PM

My oh my!!! Finally got a chance to catch up and get around to mucho mahalos...
Ben & Vicky, WOW!!! Your generosity and hospitality far surpassed any expectation I could have ever had for a lil ol BBQ. What a privilege to be a part of your ohana. Thanks for all of the aloha!!!

To all of the bands a big thanks for providing endless mellow vibes, just AWESOME.

Venders, artists etc. you guys rock and that's why I'm broke. Oh yeah, Kinny, I showed my wife the pieces I bought from you and explained how we were supporting your family and helping with your rat kid brother (showed his pic too) and now she says I should keep buying more of your stuff but I gotta get a second job... Thanks man.

NOTCH YOU DA MAN!!! You too Dano!! KUBAR RULES! All the sissy lalas who complained about warm beer just don't drink 'em fast enough cuz every one I had was tasty and cold enough.

What a blast to hang with all my bros, make new friends, surf with Lake Surfer.
Life just don't get any sweeter...

Way cool nooner. The three and a half hour drive...totally worth it. T.O. you guys rock (caught you at last months DTB event also). Jim Bacchi that cd is awesome! Kubar in person..sweeeet. Thanks to Boo family and all!

MB

KuKu, you ROCK! Your enthusiasim and genuine smile could light up a cloudy day. You are one cool dude, and I'm so glad Ben met back up with you while we all enjoyed the warm water in Lauderdale....such a small world! And the Punks always seem to find eachother :)

Lad, thanks for making the long drive and glad it was worth it. Aloha!

Aloha,

Mrs Boo

S
squid posted on Thu, May 7, 2009 12:38 AM

Mr n Mrs Boo is the most bestest hosters ever!

Maybe Notch-o can have a sunscreen bar next time.

B

Thanks to the Ben & Vicky for this event. Bands were great and saw lots of friends and a ton of cool art. My beer was cold.....thanks Notch.....drink fast!

Hey lake surfer great to meet you at Bens and some really nice masks you created.
I use to live in Redondo Beach years ago, and thought this tiki apartment building
was leveled a while ago.Do you happen to remember the street it's located on?

Aloha 1961surf!

Good to meet you at Ben's also!

Thanks for the kind compliments on my work, I really appreciate it!

The apartments are on Palos Verdes Blvd. at Calle Miramar in Torrance.

We were just out driving the coast when when happened upon them on Monday afternoon.

Sometimes tiki finds you before you find it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7BN1v1_p5g

We're thinking of another one in late July.

We'll see.

Depends on work load.

Nice video postcard, CrystalCoveMedia!

Good times in the sunshine!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 447 replies