Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Ask Little Lost Tiki Absolutely Anything

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies

W

Dear LlT and Woofmutt.

You guys are very clever and funny. So funny, that I never get tired of all your jokes and put downs! For example, when you said I was "undesireable" or when Woof called my posts "unimaginative and boring", man, that shit was FUNNY! My question is, how did you guys get to be so funny? Were there special classes you both attended to learn the art of jocularity?

lucas vigor

Dear lucas vigor,

Thank you for your interest in fun facts about my home state of Washington!

Your memory almost served you correctly, there is a petrified forest in Washington State but it's not the one made famous in the 1936 Humphrey Bogart film! Ginko Petrified Forest State Park was established in the 1930s. It's over 7,000 acres of arid sagebrush country high on the western banks of Wanapum Reservoir on the Columbia River, just outside of the very small town of Vantage (population 70).

Washington is AWESOMEton!

-wfmtt-

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 17, 2010 2:08 PM

GROG glad to see Woofy taking his job seriously, and really on-the-ball answering all these questions. Woofy much more diligent than LLT.

i second that!
Let's get woofmutt
Prime-time
Front-and Center
on this thread...
Shall we?

TM

On 2010-05-17 13:26, woofmutt wrote:
Dear LlT and Woofmutt.

You guys are very clever and funny. So funny, that I never get tired of all your jokes and put downs! For example, when you said I was "undesireable" or when Woof called my posts "unimaginative and boring", man, that shit was FUNNY! My question is, how did you guys get to be so funny? Were there special classes you both attended to learn the art of jocularity?

lucas vigor

Dear lucas vigor,

Your memory almost served you correctly, there is a petrified forest in Washington State but it's not the one made famous in the 1936 Humphrey Bogart film! Ginko Petrified Forest State Park was established in the 1930s. It's over 7,000 acres of arid sagebrush country high on the western banks of Wanapum Reservoir on the Columbia River, just outside of the very small town of Vantage (population 70).

-wfmtt-

Yes, very clever, indeed!

Isn't it nice that we can all laugh and have a good time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FaFLnkEFlM

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-05-17 18:11 ]

Fellow Demigod Woofmutt...
Where DO babies come from?
Storks ain't gonna cut it!
xoxoxo
lil tossed leaky

TK

dear dr, woof,
how would a person from sunny fla. get to the state of woofieness in the great state of washington? is it even possible? thanks for your compassionate help.

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-05-18 12:19 ]

[ Edited by: talo ka 2010-05-18 12:19 ]

TK

dr woof master, in light of having to edit my privious post due to rum drunk fingers, should a person even post while imbibing rhum in the great state of woofieness?

W

Fellow Demigod Woofmutt...
Where DO babies come from?
Storks ain't gonna cut it!
xoxoxo
little lost tiki

Dear little lost tiki,

Yes, today is the 30th anniversary of the eruption of Mt St Helens! Although the media is making a big deal about it there aren’t really in celebrations. But I agree with you, “Volcano Day” would make a great Washington State holiday! And it’d be an excellent time to inform Washingtonians that eruptions aren’t the greatest danger from Washington’s volcanoes, it’s massive mudflows which can happen at any time without any warning! In the case of Mt Rainier such a mudflow will probably kill thousands. Why? Because there are several towns around Mt Rainier which are built on top of the previous mudflows!

-wfmtt-

W

dear dr, woof,
how would a person from sunny fla. get to the state of woofieness in the great state of washington? is it even possible? thanks for your compassionate help.

talo ka

Dear talo ka ,

In particular thanks for your interest in me and what I was doing 30 years ago today during the eruption of Mt St Helens (MSH).

My family was in church when MSH erupted and we didn’t find out until after 12 noon. There was a church picnic planned that day at a nearby park and we all decided to go ahead with our plans as MSH was almost 300 miles west of us. My dad, who had majored in geology in college and kept it up as hobby, was very excited about the eruption, describing to us what it might be like if the ash cloud came our way. As it turned out the ash cloud was coming exactly our way. By the time we reached the park it had been decided that everyone should head home. By the time we began heading home (a 7 mile drive out of town) we could see what looked like a giant thunderhead. It gradually moved over us and then this fine “dust” began falling from the sky. Then it got darker, and darker, and by 4 PM it was darker than night. We’d made it home OK and holed up inside looking out the window at yard lights which you could just make out through the ash fall. We had no idea how long it would go on, just dad reassuring us that some ash falls can be several feet thick!

-wfmtt-

W

dr woof master,
in light of having to edit my privious post due to rum drunk fingers, should a person even post while imbibing rhum in the great state of woofieness?

talo ka

Dear talo ka ,

Actually Mt St Helens (MSH) didn’t “blow her top” as you put it, that’s a common misconception! What happened before the actual eruption on May 18, 1980 at around 8:30 AM there was an earthquake beneath MSH which was the likely cause for a sudden collapse of the north side of the mountain which was bulged out from magma beneath it.

I’ll let the United States Geological Survey take the story from here…

*”The collapse of the north flank produced the largest landslide-debris avalanche recorded in historic time. It traveled northward at speeds up to 155 miles an hour. Covering an area of about 24 square miles, the debris avalanche advanced more than 13 miles down the North Fork of the Toutle River and filled the valley to an average depth of about 150 feet.

“The sudden removal of the upper part of the volcano by the landslides triggered the almost instantaneous expansion (explosion) of high temperature-high pressure steam present in cracks and voids in the volcano and of gases dissolved in the magma that caused the bulge of the cryptodome. The abrupt pressure release, or "uncorking," of the volcano by the debris avalanche can be compared in some ways to the sudden removal of the cap or a thumb from a vigorously shaken bottle of soda, or to punching a hole in a boiler tank under high pressure.

“Although the lateral blast began some seconds later than the debris avalanche, the blast's velocity was much greater, so that it soon overtook the avalanche. Calculations have shown that the blast's initial velocity of about 220 miles an hour quickly increased to about 670 miles an hour.”*

Son now you have a fun fact to impress your freinds with: The eruption of Mt St Helens was a lateral blast, it blew out sideways, not straight up like volcanoes in cartoons or so many fine artworks one can see here on Tiki Central!

-wfmtt-

I have to be honest here,
I was looking forward to woofy taking over for LLT.
but Yaaaaaaaawwwwnn.
Boring.

Jeff(btd)

spoken like a true boring EEYORE!

and in woofy's defense..
I'd say he has only had a few days talking about one single subject (Washington)
while you,Jeffery Bigfoot Tiki Dude
drones on and on and on about a single subject (surf bands) for YEARS!!!!
YEARS i tells ya!

Oh...this is a Q&A thread...

Dearest woofy,
Why a female Saint name for Mt St Helens?
and is it more than one Helen?
(hence the plural Helens?)
Please help with this discrepency,woofy!
You're our only Hope.....

TK

thank you your woofieness. your succint and lucid answers have given me a clarity of mind and a certain amount warm and fuzzy.

HURRY!
Only a few more days to ask woofmutt anything!
Anything!

On 2010-05-18 14:02, woofmutt wrote:
...In the case of Mt Rainier such a mudflow will probably kill thousands. Why? Because there are several towns around Mt Rainier which are built on top of the previous mudflows!

My grandpa used to say "Don't build a house where there's driftwood in the trees" Any truth to that saying?

T

Is it over?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 10, 2010 11:24 AM

Did you know there's a Tiki Jeep?

Dear little lost tiki (Or Woofmut if your still sitting in for liloti)

With the recent release of Max Headroom on DVD (very geekily excited) can we still consider the "20 minutes in the Future" as actually being in our future when we are so close to what was presented 20 years ago as the future by way of Channel 23?

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!
What a vacation!
I can't tell you how much of PLEASURE it's been
to NOT have to answer this thread for almost 3 months...
Refreshing!

On 2010-08-10 09:09, tok-tok wrote:
Is it over?

yes. Woofy has art to make.

no.i am here to replace him for awhile...again
Maybe I'll get BigToe to host this thread some week
he's gullible and will do anything for a spotlight or a beer or a fancy thrift store frame...

On 2010-08-10 11:24, GROG wrote:
Did you know there's a Tiki Jeep?

duh....
i got to kiss Ernie's big bald head
last night at the Tonga Hut.
Reminded me of a wetsuit
pulled taut over a bowling ball....

On 2010-08-10 13:31, Chip and Andy wrote:
Dear little lost tiki

With the recent release of Max Headroom on DVD (very geekily excited) can we still consider the "20 minutes in the Future" as actually being in our future when we are so close to what was presented 20 years ago as the future by way of Channel 23?

Hi kids! Missed you!
Yes! Whenever you watch it
it will remain 20 minute into the future and unaccessible...
But, as you've noticed, the future of 20 minutes away is almost here..
especially the trash and riff-raffiness of the populace...
fashion will undergo a retro mid to late eighties interpretation of 20 minutes into the future look
in the future.
ps: Dark Shadows is also being released on DVD....JOY!

Dear LLT

Why is it that people complain that the fish is fishy but no one complains that the chicken is chickeny or the beef is beefy?

On 2010-08-15 21:08, MadDogMike wrote:
Dear LLT

Why is it that people complain that the fish is fishy but no one complains that the chicken is chickeny or the beef is beefy?

That's easy,Mike!
1)because fish aren't mammals
and are allowed to be used as self-adjectives
whereas mammals require an adjective that is not the name of themselves.
This applies to people too.

when are we going to the melvins again?

must prepare my brain........

On 2010-08-16 18:40, RevBambooBen wrote:
when are we going to the melvins again?

must prepare my brain........

October 12, 2010

i think Toe's on board as well...

W

Dear Liloti,

In our lines of work we've both seen a lot of extraterrestrials. As you know the more common (and threat insignificant) beings are generally easy to identify (such as M'Orgarianites, Sellerks, Tlicials, etc). But some extraterrestrials can really blend in with the human population (quite literally in the case of human alien hybrids).

With that in mind here's a picture of MadDogMike's son:

As you can see he quite possibly could be a Human Type C extraterrestrial, in particular a species and class I'll refer to as O8 (for reasons I'm sure you're aware of), either pure blood or hybrid (though as of yet 08s have no reason to create human-08 hybrids).

What's your opinion?

On 2010-09-08 10:04, woofmutt wrote:
Dear Liloti,

In our lines of work we've both seen a lot of extraterrestrials. As you know the more common (and threat insignificant) beings are generally easy to identify (such as M'Orgarianites, Sellerks, Tlicials, etc). But some extraterrestrials can really blend in with the human population (quite literally in the case of human alien hybrids).

With that in mind here's a picture of MadDogMike's son:

As you can see he quite possibly could be a Human Type C extraterrestrial, in particular a species and class I'll refer to as O8 (for reasons I'm sure you're aware of), either pure blood or hybrid (though as of yet 08s have no reason to create human-08 hybrids).

What's your opinion?

Good question woofy...
he's too spindly for a Nordic
The eyes are evocative of the Greys....
hmmmmmmmm
I'm betting a Human-Reptillian hybrid
Check his DNA...

TM

You are both wrong. Look a little closer at this picture, and it becomes obvious he is what is known as a "Chupacabra".

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-09-08 18:54 ]

Mess with me and I can take it. But mess with my wife or children and I'm got a shotgun, a backhoe, and 40 acres - I'll bury you where they'll never find you!

:up: Just kidding :lol:

S

My brain exploded reading this thread.How do I repair the damage?

P.S. I took some aspirin and had a lie down and that didn't work.

TK

might i suggest copious amounts of your best rum. maybe even some cheap rum.

On 2010-09-10 01:32, swizzle wrote:
My brain exploded reading this thread.How do I repair the damage?

P.S. I took some aspirin and had a lie down and that didn't work.

Don't listen to talo ka,swizzle!
He's the CAUSE of most headaches here in the states!
Sorry about the brain explosion....
i would suggest....
surgery (outpatient)
medicinal marijuana
and watching reruns of the Cosby Show...
As difficult as that seems
it's the only cure!
Thanks for the question!

TK

On 2010-09-12 10:20, little lost tiki wrote:
[Don't listen to talo ka,swizzle!
He's the CAUSE of most headaches here in the states!
Sorry about the brain explosion....
i would suggest....
surgery (outpatient)
medicinal marijuana
and watching reruns of the Cosby Show...
As difficult as that seems
it's the only cure!
Thanks for the question!

tis true sadly, i did it all and will do it all again. listen to dr. LLT. you can trust him. me.... not so much.

That's 'cause LLT is certified!

to cure your ills
and sap some wills....

Dear little lost tiki,

Rum and Coke.

Does it make the Coke classy or the Rum cheap?

PS - I hope you enjoyed your vacation from solving the problems of the universe by way of this topic.

W

Dear Liloti,

I was just reading over my copy of GROG Like Eat & Drink! and was wondering how factual the story GROG tells for the recipe Little Lost Pancakes with Maple Syrup Fluff is? Generally I trust GROG fully as far as I can throw him, and I know you Califusan artists do have quite a few "crazy drunken go-go dance pajama parties." But actor William Daniels doing the "turkey dance" in in a Japanese silk robe? That seems hard to believe. I've never heard of the "turkey dance" and my sister has a degree from Evergreen in American Group Party dancing so I know a lot about that sort of thing.

Woofmutt

UPDATE: I was recently shown some video evidence and a police report which fully answered my question. QUESTION WITHDRAWN!

File Under: Fiction

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2011-01-21 23:03 ]

W

Dear Liloti,

Is it true that the Devil can eat one of the living damned and they stay alive during the chewing, digesting, and coming out of the other end?

UPDATE: I recently came across an old brochure titled So You're Going To Hell...Your Picture Guide Book and was surprised to learn that the Devil is a vegetarian. QUESTION WITHDRAWN!

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-03-22 because he wanted to take a detail elsewhere so he changed the imagined horror to the one above. That change should be kept in mind when considering the comments below as the thought of being eaten, digested, and pooped out alive might not be as horrifying to some as the original horror. ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2012-03-22 11:41 ]

Dear
LiL misplaced tiki,

is Woofmutt trying to scare me and give me nightmares?
Or
Is he trying to scare me into going to church and believe in God, and the Devil?

Either way,
thanks for freaking me out Woofmutt

Jeff(btd)

TS

^ I'm with Jeff on this one,
although I came into ask LLT if my fucking employment opportunities will open up to something either,
(a) I can accept payscale-wise
or
(b) I just settle and flip tacos and deepfry hamburgers?

....now back to blankets made of sinners by/for satan.

Dear LLT: Do you even check this thread anymore? :P

TT

Dear LLT,
What time is it?

HJ

Dear LLT, if one wears a tropical print shir with Angus tartan kilt, what shoes are appropriate?

Dear LLT, whats up?
How would you handle this North Korea thing?
How has your time in the "Marines" affected how you conduct yourself today?

BK

Dear LLT, I'm sick of this freaking weather. Can I come live with you?

Oooooof!
That's a loaded question.

TM

Well if it isn't fat stinking billygoat Billyboy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

He is LOST!!!

Lucas has had his moloko vellocet peated with knives
now he is all horror show and full of the old ultraviolence
Naughty, Naughty, Naughty you filthy ol' soomka!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-04-16 23:21 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 17, 2013 12:02 AM

Hanford lock this thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies