Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Room Crawl - Updated on Pg. 1 Tiki Oasis 9 Surf City... Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 248 replies

Print Your Crawl Card. See Page 14 of this thread. A million thanks to Dr. Shocker!

Room Hosts 2009

1. Tiki Underground Suite Tai Won On, Tiki Tastic, KuKu, Martiki, Rum Runner, Kim the Canuck (Fri. & Sat. PM after party?)Floor 7
  2. Tangaroa-Ru
  3. Jason Wickedly & Tiki Duday (Friday Afternoon?)
  4. Congawa Performing Live: Ding Dong Devils Friday 3:00-4:00 8th Floor & Sat. afternoon?
  5. Rumshaker w/ Thee Swank Bastards & Ms Szandora
  6. Queen Kamehameha The Lemoncello Lounge w/ bartender Hiphipahula (Floor 5) Room 1503 Martini Kings Performing Friday and Saturday Night
  7. PiPhi Rho (?)
  8. Kahuna Kent & Professor Voodoo Von Tiki Room 1539 end of the hall 5th floor Friday 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
  9. The Morbid Room w/Trader Tom and John Corbid Friday 10:30 PM - 2:00 AM room 1537
  10. Loco Honu & Moana Kai Maestra Motel 6 Friday Evening
  11. Iniquitiki Rum Tasting Friday 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Room 1749
  12. Cult of the Eye Vice Squad Pele Utu Lounge Suite 1803
  13. The Snake Pit Early Sat. Eve.
  14. Purple Orchid Thurs. 5:00 Ginger Bimbo
  15. Zen Tiki Lounge 10-Midnight Fri. & Sat.?

Crawler Count as of 810/09 = 307

I will be handing out cards along with Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye, WooHoo Wahine, Little Spirit and Rocket Gin as of Thursday Evening at the Bali Hai.

The first 100 crawlers to find me will receive a free plastic protector for their crawl cards!

See you there!

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

It's about that time, Folks! (Time to start thinking about the 2009 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

"What is a Room Crawl?", you ask. Read on my friend to learn more!

So, who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

I have borrowed some of the information that I written in previous year's posts, and I am including it here. (FYI)

A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". At Oasis 2005, when we first developed the Room Crawl, we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.

Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.

2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

Other previous post info:

1. Otto is only sponsoring the Room Crawl by donating prizes. The room crawl will not be mentioned/ promoted in any of his literature or e-mails.

2. The only way to find out about the room crawl is on this TC thread. Non TC people will not know about the room crawl unless they are tipped off by TC people.

3. Bottom line, Room Hosts will only serve as many drinks as they wish, to whom they wish (card or no card). Remember it is their party, their room, their decision.

4. The Crawl Card is like your free ticket to participate in the room crawl. In 2006 I handed out at least 100 cards, In 2007 154 people expressed the desire to crawl, last year there were over 200 that responded to this thread. In the past I was able to post the card design on TC for crawlers to print out before attending the event, but some people had technical difficulty with the printing. So, I bring a bunch of cards equal to the number of people that post indicating that they wish to crawl. Keep monitoring this thread for more information. Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye has generously and artfully designed the crawl cards for the last two years! Without his support, there would not have been crawl cards! Muchos Mahahols to the good doctor!

5. As soon as Room Hosts choose the days and times they wish to serve drinks, I will post that information on this thread. Keep checking the thread up until you arrive at the hotel for the latest information on dates and times. This thread is your official link to information about dates and times.

6. I plan to be at Tiki Oasis from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I see it as my responsibility to distribute the crawl cards to everyone I see that has expressed an interest in the crawl.

7. As the event gets closer I will choose a few places and times to meet with you so you can get your crawl card. That information will be posted on this thread as the event nears.

8. In years past clever room hosts have posted their room number and time for serving on a flyer in the elevators. This was smart since everyone was using the elevators to get to the rooms, so the flyer was hard to miss.

9. In the past Dr. Shocker and I have printed up name badges for the Room Hosts to wear, identifying themselves as Room Hosts. Look for people wearing these badges. A few room hosts have handed out small cards that they designed themselves indicating their room number, day and time they will be pouring drinks. Other Room Hosts have posted signs on their doors indicating when they will be serving. Room Hosts want to get the word out that they are serving drinks. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of purchasing lots of ingredients, turning their room into a bar, and then have no one show up for their party.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them on this thread, or PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

The Annual Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees!

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-06-23 15:22 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-06-30 12:53 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-15 18:17 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-18 15:13 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-28 16:42 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-02 15:00 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-04 11:38 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-07 16:34 ]

[ Edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-10 15:42 ]

WoooHooo! Please add SoccerTiki and I to the crawl list :)

TWO

I will be crawling and if history is any indicator, I mean that literally. We will also be hosting but I don't have enough details yet to announce our plan.

I will be crawling AND (more than likely) hosting again on Saturday night. More details to come, but put me on the list, oh lovely Shell!

Good ol' room crawl. Put me and friend down for crawling, and crawl we shall :drink:

TT

Yes, we will be crawling... a lot. I just bought a new pair of knee pads just for the occasion.

Rumshaker's room is gunna be the place to be again this year!!!

[ Edited by: Tuna Tiki 2009-06-20 16:23 ]

Count me in for crawling. Thanks Shell!

Tabuzak and I will be crawling again!

Aloha and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Gina

T
TNT posted on Sat, Jun 20, 2009 7:38 PM

Yes, we will be crawling. Currently stocking up on rums and mixers in appreciation of the hosts.
teresa and tim

I would like to join the crawling list!

J

Please put me on the list to crawl.
Mahalo!

If you would please add myself and Tiki Tammy (my other half) to the crawl list.

This will be our first Tiki Oasis, sadly we are not staying at the hotel hopefully next year we can Host!

Yes, yes, and yes. The boy, id, and super ego all will be crawling.

I want to be on the list. I think. I'm pretty sure I can handle it! :lol:

AceyTiki and I will be crawling together! Please add us to the crawl list.

[ Edited by: Tiki Kupcake 2009-06-21 10:18 ]

Please add us (me and my wife Mary) on the room crawl card list for Tiki Oasis. Thank you.

My boyfriend and I will be crawling :)

All crawlers....No hosts???

You can put myself and TikiDuday (Dannelle) down as hosts. We drank enough last year that we need to pay something back...karma you know. Preferably Friday afternoon if possible...now I just need to come up with a drink! To the lab I go.

please add me to the list.....
party of one....
i will be crawling

i thought we just got to wander around and drink other people's booze...
do we need to fill out paperwork and stuff now?

Squid and i will be crawling....

under your beds while you sleep!
:)

C

"i thought we just got to wander around and drink other people's booze...
do we need to fill out paperwork and stuff now?"

Yeah, I still don't get why there's a list and signups and cards and stuff like that. What is this, a party of a mortgage signing??? Why not just have a weekly updated list here on this thread - of when the parties are happening, so hosts and guests can plan around them?

And why is TC so 'central' to the room parties - can you throw a party and not be a TC member? Why? Why not? There were some pretty freakin' sweet parties last year that were NOT exactly TC ones.

Party Hardy...
or its
Hardly a Party!

Add two more crawlers.

Mr. and Mrs. Lake Surfer will have the honor of their first Tiki Oasis Room Crawl this year.

Many mahalos for adding us to the list!

R

On 2009-06-21 21:51, little lost tiki wrote:
i thought we just got to wander around and drink other people's booze...
do we need to fill out paperwork and stuff now?

paperwork? UUUUUGH.....I'll fax my 200-page paperwork over asap!

Or just mention I'll be crawlin again this year on the thread... :lol:

S

On 2009-06-21 22:06, Cammo wrote:

Yeah, I still don't get why there's a list and signups and cards and stuff like that. What is this, a party of a mortgage signing??? Why not just have a weekly updated list here on this thread - of when the parties are happening, so hosts and guests can plan around them?

And why is TC so 'central' to the room parties - can you throw a party and not be a TC member? Why? Why not? There were some pretty freakin' sweet parties last year that were NOT exactly TC ones.

Party Hardy...
or its
Hardly a Party!

Point well taken. Consider this the first listing:

MAJOR GINORMOUS HUGE-ASS LIQUOR-SOAKED NITROUS-FUELED BLOWOUT IN CAMMO'S ROOM - 24/7 Thursday - Sunday. FREE HOT DOGS AND BALLOONS FOR THE KIDS! PONY RIDES! UNDERWATER BASKET WEAVING DEMONSTRATIONS! JELLO WRESTLING! MINI KISS LIVE ON STAGE!

Me and the LLT are in!

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEOWWW!!!!

MT

Schweeeet!!! I'm hangin' in Cammo's room ALL WEEKEND! Now I don't even need to find a room. Thanks Cammo, you rule!!!
P.S. Please don't let Kinny and Squid sleep under my bed. There's already enough monsters under there already. :o

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 6:55 AM

Everybody is welcome in my room, at all times of the day or night.

You can use my room for any and I mean ANY activity.

Ya don't need no stinkin' crawl card.

Ya don't have to 'sign up'.

Except Squid. Have you filled out your CA-79834b Form yet, bro?

Will Mini Kiss be Jello-Wrestling on stage in Cammo's Room?

Dreams do come true!

me too please

Dawn crawling around on the floor at Oasis!?!?!?!

Dreams do come true! :lol:

I'll be sure to bring my knee pads

C

The Ding Dong Devils plan to host a couple of suite parties (possibly once each Friday and Saturday at a yet-to-be-determined time). We will be providing live roxotica musical accompaniment, while mixo-master Rama Lama will be introducing his new concoction--which he has been formulating especially for this occasion! We look forward to seeing any and all TC'ers there!

On 2009-06-21 22:06, Cammo wrote:

Party Hardy...
or its
Hardly a Party!

Ehem.
Because this is the way Otto and I like it.
Adding your name to the crawl list gives me and the room hosts a good idea of how man crawlers to expect.
The crawl originated in 2005 as a TC activity, exclusive to TC members, and has never been broadcast to all Oasis guests.
You are welcome to go to any party you want.
I do make weekly updates on this thread to let people know how many room hosts and crawlers will be participating.
We are currently up to 40 Crawlers and three Room Hosts.

Room Hosts:

Tai Won On
Tangaroa Ru
Jason Wickedly & Tiki Duday

Mahalo,
Shelley

R

On 2009-06-20 10:23, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
It's about that time, Folks! (Time to start thinking about the 2009 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

"What is a Room Crawl?", you ask. Read on my friend to learn more!

So, who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

I have borrowed some of the information that I written in previous year's posts, and I am including it here. (FYI)

A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". At Oasis 2005, when we first developed the Room Crawl, we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.

Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.

2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

Other previous post info:

1. Otto is only sponsoring the Room Crawl by donating prizes. The room crawl will not be mentioned/ promoted in any of his literature or e-mails.

2. The only way to find out about the room crawl is on this TC thread. Non TC people will not know about the room crawl unless they are tipped off by TC people.

3. Bottom line, Room Hosts will only serve as many drinks as they wish, to whom they wish (card or no card). Remember it is their party, their room, their decision.

4. The Crawl Card is like your free ticket to participate in the room crawl. In 2006 I handed out at least 100 cards, In 2007 154 people expressed the desire to crawl, last year there were over 200 that responded to this thread. In the past I was able to post the card design on TC for crawlers to print out before attending the event, but some people had technical difficulty with the printing. So, I bring a bunch of cards equal to the number of people that post indicating that they wish to crawl. Keep monitoring this thread for more information. Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye has generously and artfully designed the crawl cards for the last two years! Without his support, there would not have been crawl cards! Muchos Mahahols to the good doctor!

5. As soon as Room Hosts choose the days and times they wish to serve drinks, I will post that information on this thread. Keep checking the thread up until you arrive at the hotel for the latest information on dates and times. This thread is your official link to information about dates and times.

6. I plan to be at Tiki Oasis from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I see it as my responsibility to distribute the crawl cards to everyone I see that has expressed an interest in the crawl.

7. As the event gets closer I will choose a few places and times to meet with you so you can get your crawl card. That information will be posted on this thread as the event nears.

8. In years past clever room hosts have posted their room number and time for serving on a flyer in the elevators. This was smart since everyone was using the elevators to get to the rooms, so the flyer was hard to miss.

9. In the past Dr. Shocker and I have printed up name badges for the Room Hosts to wear, identifying themselves as Room Hosts. Look for people wearing these badges. A few room hosts have handed out small cards that they designed themselves indicating their room number, day and time they will be pouring drinks. Other Room Hosts have posted signs on their doors indicating when they will be serving. Room Hosts want to get the word out that they are serving drinks. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of purchasing lots of ingredients, turning their room into a bar, and then have no one show up for their party.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them on this thread, or PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

The Annual Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shelley

Aloha!
Shell in the Pacific

Who -HOO indeed! Can't wait!!!
Please add Rosered to the crawl list as well. Working on a new drink right now, so I'm thinkin about hosting too. I will email you proper-like to be "official" :)

• Rosered
R

On 2009-06-20 14:55, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
I will be crawling AND (more than likely) hosting again on Saturday night. More details to come, but put me on the list, oh lovely Shell!

Girl- I am SO there!!!

On 2009-06-22 02:22, Mai Tai wrote:
P.S. Please don't let Kinny and Squid sleep under my bed. There's already enough monsters under there already. :o

A word of caution to anyone thinking of sleeping under Mai Tai's bed: He broke a bed at last year's Oasis. Don't want any folks squished by Mai Tai's mattress.

MT

Yeah, I broke the bed. But it was totally worth it!

Mr. and Mrs. Dustycajun will be crawling for our first Oasis.

Let the games begin!

DC

Please add me to the crawl list --I'll be bringing 3 other friends :)

WSWahine and I will be attending for our second time and we would just love to crawl with y'all!

On 2009-06-22 06:55, Cammo wrote:
Everybody is welcome in my room, at all times of the day or night.

Awesome! Thanks, Cammo. I'll see you in August.

Shelley, please add me to the list of crawlers, and thank you so much for organizing this portion of the event. I would imagine that it's a fairly thankless task, and I'd like you to know that I, and I'm sure many many others, truly appreciate the time and effort that you put into this every year.

Myself and Mr. Rumshaker will be hosting again this year!! Thee Swank Bastards and the beautiful Ms Szandora - the Hula Hoop Chick - will again be performing. Sorry for the noise in advance. I was thinking the Murky Lagoon and another drink - to offer 2 again. Off to create a new surfy tiki drink!

On 2009-06-22 21:01, Rumshaker wrote:
Myself and Mr. Rumshaker will be hosting again this year!! Thee Swank Bastards and the beautiful Ms Szandora - the Hula Hoop Chick - will again be performing. Sorry for the noise in advance. I was thinking the Murky Lagoon and another drink - to offer 2 again. Off to create a new surfy tiki drink!

Something blue with white foam would be radical dude! ( ette :)

J

On 2009-06-22 21:01, Rumshaker wrote:

Awesome! I missed your party last year, but having joyfully tasted your concoctions at Frankie's a few months ago, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for Oasis!

Me and my friend Anton will be hosting on floor 5. We are calling it the lemoncello lounge with homemade lemoncello and cool tunes

amy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 11:50 PM

On 2009-06-22 23:28, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
We are calling it the lemoncello lounge with homemade lemoncello and cool tunes

amy

Instead of calling it "the lemoncello lounge with homemade lemoncello and cool tunes", can we just call it "the lemoncello lounge" for short? :)

I will be crawling again this year! Looking forward to the Oasis fun for a 3rd year in a row! Will be hosting too....details to follow.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 248 replies