Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Room Crawl - Updated on Pg. 1 Tiki Oasis 9 Surf City... Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 248 replies

As this will be my first Oasis/crawl what is the Etiquette about trading mugs with folks if they have a mug you don't???

The reason I am asking is I will will be spending the night in Vegas and stoppin into Frankie's for a night cap and was wondering if I should pick up a few extra mugs???

Sorry, but this isn't an offer to deliver mugs!!!!

id crawl some where for drinkys.

On 2009-07-01 21:45, sneakyjack wrote:
id crawl some where for drinkys.

I think we crawled last year or the year before. I'm not sure. There was surely some stumbling involved. We hardly spilled anything so who's to fault us on what year it was. Count us in as members of the Crawl.

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Jul 3, 2009 8:47 AM

I'm in on this action!! + Kahaka, Dano, Mondo
Its going to be good times Again...Can't Wait!

[ Edited by: notch 2009-07-07 14:14 ]

This will be our 3rd Tiki Oasis. The first year we didn't have a clue what was going on, last year we started to get the hang of it and I hope this year we get in on all the action. Please add Brenda and Glen to the room crawl list. We want to meet all you wonderful people that add a special touch to Tiki Oasis.

TikiTodd and his beloved wife Tikiboo Corinna will be in on the crawl again this year!!! Looking forward to the many good people of Tiki Oasis and the many good drinks that are shared amongst them. Crawl on...

R

On 2009-06-22 13:31, RoseRed wrote:

On 2009-06-20 10:23, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
It's about that time, Folks! (Time to start thinking about the 2009 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

"What is a Room Crawl?", you ask. Read on my friend to learn more!

So, who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

I have borrowed some of the information that I written in previous year's posts, and I am including it here. (FYI)

A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". At Oasis 2005, when we first developed the Room Crawl, we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.

Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.

2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

Other previous post info:

1. Otto is only sponsoring the Room Crawl by donating prizes. The room crawl will not be mentioned/ promoted in any of his literature or e-mails.

2. The only way to find out about the room crawl is on this TC thread. Non TC people will not know about the room crawl unless they are tipped off by TC people.

3. Bottom line, Room Hosts will only serve as many drinks as they wish, to whom they wish (card or no card). Remember it is their party, their room, their decision.

4. The Crawl Card is like your free ticket to participate in the room crawl. In 2006 I handed out at least 100 cards, In 2007 154 people expressed the desire to crawl, last year there were over 200 that responded to this thread. In the past I was able to post the card design on TC for crawlers to print out before attending the event, but some people had technical difficulty with the printing. So, I bring a bunch of cards equal to the number of people that post indicating that they wish to crawl. Keep monitoring this thread for more information. Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye has generously and artfully designed the crawl cards for the last two years! Without his support, there would not have been crawl cards! Muchos Mahahols to the good doctor!

5. As soon as Room Hosts choose the days and times they wish to serve drinks, I will post that information on this thread. Keep checking the thread up until you arrive at the hotel for the latest information on dates and times. This thread is your official link to information about dates and times.

6. I plan to be at Tiki Oasis from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I see it as my responsibility to distribute the crawl cards to everyone I see that has expressed an interest in the crawl.

7. As the event gets closer I will choose a few places and times to meet with you so you can get your crawl card. That information will be posted on this thread as the event nears.

8. In years past clever room hosts have posted their room number and time for serving on a flyer in the elevators. This was smart since everyone was using the elevators to get to the rooms, so the flyer was hard to miss.

9. In the past Dr. Shocker and I have printed up name badges for the Room Hosts to wear, identifying themselves as Room Hosts. Look for people wearing these badges. A few room hosts have handed out small cards that they designed themselves indicating their room number, day and time they will be pouring drinks. Other Room Hosts have posted signs on their doors indicating when they will be serving. Room Hosts want to get the word out that they are serving drinks. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of purchasing lots of ingredients, turning their room into a bar, and then have no one show up for their party.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them on this thread, or PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

The Annual Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shelley

Aloha!
Shell in the Pacific

Who -HOO indeed! Can't wait!!!
Please add Rosered to the crawl list as well. Working on a new drink right now, so I'm thinkin about hosting too. I will email you proper-like to be "official" :)

• Rosered

UPDATE: looks like I will be plus one, possibly plus two now for the Crawl. Will know for sure if I'm hosting also after next weekend.

Drew & Dana from Portland, OR would like to be on the list for a crawl card please. We are looking forward to seeing old friends from previous Tiki O's, as well as bringing and making new ones.
Mahalo and thanks!

I will definitely be crawlin' again this year and although hosting a room party last year was an incredibly fun great time — a lot of work, I must add, but well worth the time, energy, and money invested—I will gracefully bow out this year so as to let someone else find their joy in hosting a room and having dozens or hundreds of fun-loving half-naked drunken crawlers dance through their room and stuff money into their "tips" jar. :), and also because my number one helper and bar back (my twelve year old daughter April, or Tiki Tink) won't be able to make it this year. Damn that early school year start! :x

So to recap: 1 to crawl

YAY!
Ed's goin to Oasis!!!!!!

I wouldn't miss it for the world Kinny!! I'll be crawlin' right along with you... and Squid, of course!
...and with all of my other favorite peeps on this thread! ...and with all the new crawlers too!
............Let's CRAWL!!!!

wow, 140 crawlers! That's great!

Note to self, get more liquor! lol

Amy

The Whale Rider and myself will be crawling!!! Good Tymes!!

R

On 2009-06-27 08:55, Tikirose wrote:
Please add two more for the crawl - Tikirose and my man (who won't commit to a tiki name) CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ahhh, I must meet you Miss Tikirose( I had to pick another name, because it was already taken- BTW- so is Rosetiki)

• Rosered :)
T

I noticed your name too Rosered! Can't wait to meet you at Oasis! I've started my Oasis training this week with a trip to The Islands (the Bar/sushi bar at the Crowne Point)for a fantastic happyhour (great Mai Tai) and a trip the Catamaran's Luau (terrible Mia Tai). Can't believe it's only a month away!!

S

sign us up for the crawl, can't wait for the Oasis!

T

Sign me up. Two to crawl. Can't wait!!!

S

We would like to crawl! Stacy and Fred, Shelby and Josh, Kim and Eric, and Breece!! Hope it's okay that I signed us all up in one listing??? We are back for our 3rd year and can't wait!!!

Myself and the other three Huntington Cads will make the scene...We will be strutting-- Cads don't crawl.:wink:

one more guest for me!

Aloha Crawlers!

Our Crawler count is up to 185!

See you in less than a month.

Please PM or email me with any questions or concerns.

Mahalo!

M

Tiki Underground & Smuggler's Cove announce PAJAMA PARTY with THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=33128&forum=17&start=last&0

MADNESS!

John Corbid and I will definitely be hosting the MORBID ROOM again this year.

I'm not sure of the times or the room number yet, but I've got the drink down. It's a slight variation of one that Hiphipahula and I made Tuesday night at Kirby's Rumpus Room. I'm callin' it the Hibiscus Hula. Made with fresh home made hibiscus syrup.

See you all real soon!

Claudette and Jason from fluff will be crawling too!

R

On 2009-07-13 16:40, Tikirose wrote:
I noticed your name too Rosered! Can't wait to meet you at Oasis! I've started my Oasis training this week with a trip to The Islands (the Bar/sushi bar at the Crowne Point)for a fantastic happyhour (great Mai Tai) and a trip the Catamaran's Luau (terrible Mia Tai). Can't believe it's only a month away!!

YAY! i know. my training starts this weekend with Ben's pool party :)

So ready to get on my hands and knees and CRAWL Baby, crawl!

S

Can we add two more, Blake and Barbie? Thanks, can't wait!!

K

Please add Andy and Beverly to the crawl list - looking forward to it!

T

This is our first Oasis, and we definitely want to experience it crawling!

Please add Eric and Manuel to the list! Er... do you need last names?

C

We are happy to announce a crawl time for what will be the first of two room crawl parties in our suite:

Friday, 3pm, in our 8th floor suite, with live music by the Ding Dong Devils, special libations and hopefully some guest dancers!

Saturday's crawl time is still in limbo, but will also probably be mid/late afternoon

Caltiki aka Congawa

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 17:08 ]

Please add myself Christian, & Ono Yoko to the room crawl
Also have a couple of friends coming Big Wave Dave and Jenny

Mahalo Nui Loa

On 2009-07-21 17:58, Professor Voodoo Von Tiki wrote:
...The "Surf Dance Pad" gives "EVERYONE" a chance to "ROCK OUT" ...

...Sorry NO ONE under 21

Please clarify this inconsistency.

Mahalo!

S

I don't know if I've added my name yet or not, but if not, please add Suzanne to the list of crawlers. Thanks!

S

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 17:07 ]

MT

On 2009-07-21 17:58, Professor Voodoo Von Tiki wrote:
Kahuna Kent and Professor Voodoo Von Tiki are at it again this year...OMG...."Professor Voodoo Von Tiki" will be rockin the mic..."The Professor" has been known over the years to bring out the "VERY BEST" in party people and will do it again this year... Trust me. His Halloween partys become Insane..... Bump and grind to Jammin hot surf garage guitar stylings live by Professor Voodoo Von Tiki.........The "Surf Dance Pad" gives "EVERYONE" a chance to "ROCK OUT" and get your "FREAK ON".....OMG....Kahuna Kents drinks blow them all away.....Last year they rated a #2 of all the rooms....Sorry NO ONE under 21, NO CAMERAS during Freak outs on the Dance Pad...#1539 is a long odd shaped room at the end of the hall on the 5th floor......Be Cool and dont get Bum Rushed.......

On 2009-07-22 10:58, Professor Voodoo Von Tiki wrote:
The "Surf dance pad" at #1539 is sooo "Sick" its "TWICHEN".....I am sorry to report the "Surf dance pad" has a three minute limit this year....even for "Surf Bunnys" or "Couples"......Exceptions will be made only by Professor Voodoo Von Tiki.

Are pajamas allowed? :-?

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 17:06 ]

everybody knows I like surf,
but why am I not inclined to want to go to this room party?
:o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

J

On 2009-07-22 10:58, Professor Voodoo Von Tiki wrote:
The "Surf dance pad" at #1539 is sooo "Sick" its "TWICHEN".....I am sorry to report the "Surf dance pad" has a three minute limit this year....even for "Surf Bunnys" or "Couples"......Exceptions will be made only by Professor Voodoo Von Tiki.

What's the point in imposing a 3-minute limit on a party that apparently has no date or time?

[ Edited by: Professor Voodoo Von Tiki 2009-12-21 17:06 ]

O
Otto posted on Wed, Jul 22, 2009 9:35 PM

On 2009-07-13 16:40, Tikirose wrote:
I've started my Oasis training this week with a trip to The Islands (the Bar/sushi bar at the Crowne Point)for a fantastic happyhour (great Mai Tai) and a trip the Catamaran's Luau (terrible Mia Tai). Can't believe it's only a month away!!

Training!?!? OMG, I thought I was being stealth by "training" with Mai Tais, Zombies, and Scorpions by night (the drinks, not the animals) and mountain biking by day!

T

I'll be crawling + 1

V

looking forward to it
C

Please add me and the Wifey!

Mahaloz!

Hi Shell! Please add me and Sandy Trunks to the Crawl. Thanks!

K

My wife Tanya and I will be crawwwlllin' like babies (drinking babies, that is).

Woody

Two more please!

T

Tonja and I from Sacramento will be there for the crawling pleasure of it all. When do you think we'll be notified of where to meet to get our cards?

Bill

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 248 replies