Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Zombie Recipe

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

T

On 2006-07-06 20:11, bigtikidude wrote:
Hey Jab,
which is your favorite Zombie?
I'm very fond of the Zombie from Tiki Ti.
I don't know how traditional it is.
But I love the taste, and it has a great kick to it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I love the Zombies at 3 bars, in no particular order:

1. Forbidden Island
  2. Mai-Kai
  3. Tiki Ti
    To pick a favorite without comparing them side-by-side is impossible, but for now my fave is Forbidden Island's.

As far as recipes go, my favorite is a tie between the one in Intoxica (and also in Dr. Cocktail's book) and the one in the Don the Beachcomber book "Hawaii, Tropical Rum Drinks and Cuisine" (as posted earlier by Al).

Thank you sir,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here's something you Zombie fans might be interested in. I picked up this souvenir photograph at a local antique emporium this morning. According to ancient Zombie history, it first acheived mass popularity at the New York 1939 World's Fair. Well, here's a snazzily dressed couple hoisting said libation at the fair!

The name on the front cover refers to legendary Broadway producer, owner of the Copacabana nightclub, and several Beachcomber restaurants, Monte Proser.

If you wish, you may view the full-size scans here and here.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2006-07-08 10:45 ]

Wow. Do I know how to stop a thread dead in its tracks, or what?

On 2006-07-10 16:44, MrBaliHai wrote:
Wow. Do I know how to stop a thread dead in its tracks, or what?

You're almost as good at it as I am. I guess the nice thing is we always get the last word :)

R

On 2006-07-10 18:04, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:
You're almost as good at it as I am. I guess the nice thing is we always get the last word :)

NOT SO FAST! :wink: :lol: :wink:

Looking though all of these recipes I keep seeing a common, yet obviously complex theme, at least with the post 'Lodge of Amiable Amateur Mixers', Don the Beachcomber versions. Basically it seems to boil down to this set of flavors:

Zing-Ping-Tang! (lime, pineapple, grapefruit juice),

Exotic Spice (Falernum and/or spiced rum and even sometimes orgeat....or Herbsaint?),

Lots o'rum (aged/gold, dark-demerara and maybe some 151/over proofed rum-for the fear factor),

Liquorice buzz (Pernod, Absinthe Pernod),

Bitter bite (Absinthe Pernod & Angostura bitters or applejack to try and replace the Absinthe),

AND smooth sweet fruits (apricot, mango, papaya, cherry, even passionfruit)

I think it's a kind of a balancing act which is classic in many Chinese dishes (I guess it's the 'chef by trade' in me that sees this? :roll:), sweet&sour-ying&yang..... :D

So here is my easily do-able version that covers all the bases:

2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz papaya or mango juice (or apricot nectar?)
2 oz aged and/or gold rum
2 oz deep dark and/or demarara rum
1 oz spiced rum
1 oz lime juice
1/2 oz Pernod or Anisette
1/2 oz Apricot brandy/liquor
1/4 oz Grenadine
2 dashes of Angostura bitters
splash of cherry juice

Blend with a moderate amount of ice and serve in a tall glass/Tiki mug (my favorite is the Drei Moai) garnished with a skewered lime, cherry and pineapple.

Of course a splash of 151 on top wouldn't hurt or IF you happen to have a Czech friend you could try and get some Absinthe and find out why it REALLY was called

a ZOMBIE! :o :lol: :evil: :lol: :tiki:

[ Edited by: rattiki 2006-09-13 05:53 ]

C

Here's another recipe, just fer fun, this is from one of the strangest drink guides I've ever seen, the nefarious "Here's How" by W.C. Whitfield, published in a wooden-cover book by Three Mountaineers at Asheville, NC., 1941. YEEEE HAW!

I like this because it substitutes accuracy for kick;

3/4 oz heavy-bodied rum (96 proof)
3/4 oz dark Porto Rican rum
3/4 oz light Porto Rican rum
3/4 oz red rum
1/2 oz apricot brandy
3/4 oz pineapple juice
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp. brown sugar
Shake well with ice, strain into a tall glass, float 151 rum on top, garnish with mint, pineapple, and cherries.

Did no-one sort out who created the Zombie then? being as Patrick Gavin Duffy wrote it up first in 1934?

Is there any final verdict?

Cheers!

George S.

g.sinclair[at]yahoo.co.uk

http://www.wiki.webtender.com/wiki/

F
foamy posted on Sun, Dec 10, 2006 5:41 AM

Made my first Zombie last night. Recipe from "The Official Mixer's Manual" by Patrick Gavin Duffy (found at a antique/collectibles store), Unga Bunga has it posted on p.2 of this thread. Tasted exactly like the ones I remembered from the Vietnamese restaurant when I was 18. How do I remember that? I have no idea, it's the first time I've had that (type of) experience, but I do know it was the same. A worthy recipe (IMO) and an excellent cocktail.

Alcohol used:
Pusser's = 90 proof (actually 92)
Barbancourt 5 star = 86 proof
Bacardi white = white label
Bacardi 151 = 151 (can't find Lemon Hart anywhere, not even online. Somebody with a clue, help me out here?)
Laird's Applejack = Apple Brandy

I'm still scouting for Passion fruit syrup. I have to try the Dr. Cocktail version yet.

Alas, I can't resist throwing in one more formula. My best friend and I went through a lot of Zombie recipes back... gosh, going on 30 years ago! (pre-Grog Log. TV's Bartender's Guide was our cocktail Bible, back then.) We really liked the taste of a good, strong rum drink, as in a proper Mai Tai. Most of the recipes we found for Zombies tended to overpower the rum with lots of sicky-sweet grenadine (gak!), over-fruitiness and gratuitous complexity. Finally I found one in Grossman's Guide (of all places) that, with a few tweaks, really sung our tune.
If you like a strong rum drink with a dominant rum taste, wonderful bouquet, not very sweet, you might try this recipe. As Zombie recipes go, it's not especially complicated, either.

ZOMBIE
3/4 oz lime juice (save a shell)
3/4 oz pineapple juice
1 teaspoon Falernum syrup (Sazerac, back then; now Fee Bros.)
1 oz light rum (e.g., Puerto Rican)
2 oz medium rum (e.g., gold Jamaican)
1 ounce dark Jamaican rum (e.g., Myers's)
1/2 ounce apricot liqueur or brandy
1/2 ounce 151-proof Demerara rum (Lemon Hart, for float)
Shake all but Demerara with ice and a spent lime shell, strain into 14-ounce chimney glass (or other tall glass) filled with crushed ice. Float the Demerara. Garnish with pineapple chunks/cherry on a pick, and mint sprigs.

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2007-01-15 12:05 ]

So.. what's the verdict?

Just made the original 1934 ZOMBIE (PUNCH) as found on Pg.121 of
Beachbum Berry's excellent tome, "SIPPIN SAFARI."
It took some effort and a few buck$ to gather all the ingredients (or their modern equivalents)
but it was well worth it. As Donn Beach would say,

"It's off the heezy fo' sheezy!"

Nothing like the syrupy sweet liquid candy that these joints are pushing today but a real
cocktail: flavorful, complex, and, ultimately, EXOTIC.

I have been transported to another place: the kitchen floor.
Should've called it quits after one but what the hell?

Long live Beachbum Berry! And while we're at it: Long live Halle Berry!

(BTW, I used Starbucks cinnamon syrup and store brand grapefruit juice to make "Don's Mix" and having forgotten to pick up fresh limes, ReaLime, and the damn drink still slays, so there ya go.)

A

I did a side by side list of ingredients for the 1937 Zombie Punch, 1950 Spievak BBQ manual Zombie, 1956 DtB Zombie and 2001 Zombie from Beach's widow's book. Yes, I'm that bored.

While Spievak's drink may be good, it appears to be pretty far off ingredients wise. Surprisingly, Phoebe Beach's book recipe is pretty close to the 1956 recipe. Where it goes wrong is adding 2 ounces too much rum and omitting the pineapple juice.

after attending the Drinkee Symposium(ee) at the Oasis last Sat.--am absolutely convinced that Beachbum Berrys Zombie with the cinnamon syrup assist is the BEST Zombie ever--email him for recipe'

RB

Beachbum Berrys Zombie with the cinnamon syrup assist is the BEST Zombie ever--email him for recipe'

The recipe (and how to make the cinammon syrup) are in Sippin' Safari.

S

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again in this thread.

I have always loved the Mai Kai Zombie and urged everyone to try it. It is really different from the other Zombies out there. Then, I had the 1934 recipe from Sippin Safari and 'ding ding ding'! It's very much like the Mai Kai recipe! Turns out there's is the original, not a far off variation. Everyone else was way off the mark!

Hi! Please tell me a book for authentic Zombie drink recipe?..

Kevin
http://clearblogs.com/selfimprovementguide/

[ Edited by: arnold_watson 2007-08-23 00:31 ]

S

On 2007-08-23 00:29, arnold_watson wrote:
Hi! Please tell me a book for authentic Zombie drink recipe?..

Kevin
http://clearblogs.com/selfimprovementguide/

[ Edited by: arnold_watson 2007-08-23 00:31 ]

Go to http://www.swankpad.org/blather and click on the SHOP button up top. You'll find a link to Sippin Safari there and all answers are inside.

D

Last night I tried the Don The Beachcomber Zombie recipe found on pg. 33 of Intoxica! Um, that's a hell of a lot of citrus! I don't think I've had a zombie before with a full ounce of lemon AND lime juice, in addition to pineapple juice. I thought it turned out really good, actually, but I did not have passion fruit syrup (used Grenadine instead). Do you think that might have fucked the recipe? Also, did not really have crushed ice, so that might have a difference as well.

Otherwise, good result. It's a lot of work to juice all the fruit and what not. I might do it for special occasions but I think I'll cheat a little and buy some juice from the grocery store. I saw some kind of high-end lime juice that looked good.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. passion fruit syrup (replaced by Grenadine by me)
teaspoon brown sugar
dash Angostura bitters
1 oz. gold Puerto Rican rum
1 oz. 151 Demerara rum
1 oz. white Puerto Rican rum

Dissolve sugar in lemon juice. Shake everything well with crushed ice and pour into Collins glass. Garnish with mint spring (did not get the mint sprig)

On 2008-05-04 09:48, defaultet wrote:
Last night I tried the Don The Beachcomber Zombie recipe found on pg. 33 of Intoxica! Um, that's a hell of a lot of citrus! I don't think I've had a zombie before with a full ounce of lemon AND lime juice, in addition to pineapple juice. I thought it turned out really good, actually, but I did not have passion fruit syrup (used Grenadine instead). Do you think that might have fucked the recipe? Also, did not really have crushed ice, so that might have a difference as well.

Otherwise, good result. It's a lot of work to juice all the fruit and what not. I might do it for special occasions but I think I'll cheat a little and buy some juice from the grocery store. I saw some kind of high-end lime juice that looked good.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. fresh lime juice
1 oz. passion fruit syrup (replaced by Grenadine by me)
teaspoon brown sugar
dash Angostura bitters
1 oz. gold Puerto Rican rum
1 oz. 151 Demerara rum
1 oz. white Puerto Rican rum

Dissolve sugar in lemon juice. Shake everything well with crushed ice and pour into Collins glass. Garnish with mint spring (did not get the mint sprig)

I think you would like it a whole lot better with the passion fruit syrup. I use the Finest Call Passion Fruit Puree, it's pretty tasty and it actually has real passion fruit in it. (unlike the current Trader Vic's version). I made the 1934 Zombie Punch the other night, but I really think I screwed it up by adding too much Herbsaint. That stuff is really powerful! It made the whole thing taste like a Good and Plenty candy. Oh yeah...never cheat with lime juice. I've learned that the hard way!

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to look for that passion fruit syrup you mentioned.

Actually, I realized today that I have a passion fruit liqueur that I bought in St. Maarten. It's 30% alcohol. Since 30% alcohol will be replacing syrup, I was thinking of reducing the 151 to a 1/2 oz. and changing the gold rum 1 1/2 ounces. I think it will still be more alcoholic but oh well.

Does Trader Joe's have a good selection of stuff that can be used in drinks, like passion fruit syrup, etc?

I don't think you can get away with replacing passion fruit syrup with a passion fruit liquor, it will not taste the same. The Trader Joes by me only has Torni syrup which I have never used. Larger liquor stores tend to sell Finest Call mixers and as previous stated there Passion Fruit "puree" is very good. Also, since you are in California Bevmo does carry it as well. Good Luck.

Jeff

I used to use the Trader Vic's passion syrup until they changed the recipe and put in plastic bottles....yuk!! Now I use Monin, as I was told that it is one of the last to still use real passion fruit. I have also heard good things about Torani as well. I haven't tried the finest call that everyone is raving about. I do however agree with Beachbum Berry from Sippin Safari that the Monin brand passion fruit is a little orangey tasting, but not much more than the Trader Vic's was. I found a way to remedy that by adding in the Tropical Fruit syrup also made by Monin...and to me this is what I imagine Fassionola to have tasted like. These 2 syrups combined in the Don the Beachcomber's Zombie in Intoxica make a far superior drink than the old Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup ever did... IMHO.

The main problem with the 1934 Zombie is that it's a hell of a lot of work for one drink! To make one single drink I had to dirty my lime squeezer, 2 shot glasses (one to make Don's Mix in), the blender, the ice crusher, and the measuring spoon set. Never mind the fact that the night before I had to wait two hours for my cinnamon syrup to set! But, my second attempt was much better than the first. Now I need to score some Maraschino liqueur to make the 1956 Zombie as well.

On 2008-05-05 15:47, Jason Wickedly wrote:
The main problem with the 1934 Zombie is that it's a hell of a lot of work for one drink! To make one single drink I had to dirty my lime squeezer, 2 shot glasses (one to make Don's Mix in), the blender, the ice crusher, and the measuring spoon set. Never mind the fact that the night before I had to wait two hours for my cinnamon syrup to set! But, my second attempt was much better than the first. Now I need to score some Maraschino liqueur to make the 1956 Zombie as well.

True! But, when I mix these up for friends and family, I have an audience which is mesmerized with the build of the drink. Afterward, when they drink a Zombie, there is a hushed awe and reverence, and smiles. So, its compexity is both its blessing and its curse.

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2008-05-06 12:23 ]

I did not find the Zombie Punch (1934) complicated to mix at all. However, I did substitute the following:

Appleton Extra for the V/X
Cruzan Single Barrel Estate rum for the gold Puerto Rican
The new Lucid Absinthe Superieure for the Pernod (I noticed Absinthe listed on the photo of the notebook page on page 123 of Sippin' Safari)
and Monin Pomgranate syrup for the grenadine.

As for the Don's Mix, I just pour 3oz of grapefruit juice and 1.5 pz of cinnamon-infused syrup in a small plastic pourable jar and shake it up to blend - enough for 8+ Zombies.

The results: A truly Amazing drink with the rum blends taking the lead accented by the other ingredients - ultimately creating a very potent yet harmonious drink.

And yes . . . only TWO to a customer!

I bet you feel more like you do now now than you did when you came in.

GH

[ Edited by: GentleHangman 2008-05-08 07:13 ]

On 2008-05-05 11:26, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:
I used to use the Trader Vic's passion syrup until they changed the recipe and put in plastic bottles....yuk!! Now I use Monin, as I was told that it is one of the last to still use real passion fruit. I have also heard good things about Torani as well. I haven't tried the finest call that everyone is raving about. I do however agree with Beachbum Berry from Sippin Safari that the Monin brand passion fruit is a little orangey tasting, but not much more than the Trader Vic's was. I found a way to remedy that by adding in the Tropical Fruit syrup also made by Monin...and to me this is what I imagine Fassionola to have tasted like. These 2 syrups combined in the Don the Beachcomber's Zombie in Intoxica make a far superior drink than the old Trader Vic's Passion Fruit Syrup ever did... IMHO.

I don't know why nobody's using the Passion fruit syrup from Taiwan. While maybe not the easiest thing to find, it's worth the work, and there's pictures of it on many a thread, though the label seems to change from shipment to shipment. Sometimes its a syrup, sometimes they call it "Passion drink" but it's all the same. Square bottle with a red cap. Best tasting passion fruit syrup I've ever tasted and no HFC. Just passion fruit sugar and preservatives. Go to china town and find it when you have a free sunday.

[ Edited by: Registered Astronaut 2008-05-08 19:18 ]

Am I the only one who's still not convinced about the 1934 Zombie? Specifically, Bum never questions whether 'Don's Mix' is the same as 'New Don's Mix'. I mean The Bum maintains it's plausible that the Zombie Punch evolved into the Spievak Zombie. Then why wouldn't New Don's Mix be as different from Don's Mix as the "old" and "new" Zombies?

It's a great recipe and Jeff Berry deserves all the credit in the world but I still think this might not be THE Zombie.

Well, I'm in the process of putting together the 1934 recipe for a tasting, and I'm thinkin', "This is a significant recipe."

Now, the one-and-only first time Donn made this drink, was this the exact recipe? Maybe, maybe not. The second time Donn made this drink, was this the recipe? Who knows.

The Bum says I'm gonna love this drink and this recipe has some place in history, so that's good enough for me.

S

I think the Spievak Zombie is fake, I don't think that Don would really give his recipe to Spievak.
The '56 Zombie however, has a lot of similar ingredients to the Zombie Punch. As this was served at the Beachcomber, it seems plausible to me that the '34 evolved into the '56.

Pappy, you're a troublemaker!

You know, I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing about the Don's Mix. If cinnamon syrup was #4, what was #2? And was cinnamon syrup the only ingredient in Spices #4? Can anyone tell I'm drinking a '34 Zombie right now? Whatever, it's still a hell of a drink and a major improvement over the Spievak.

Tried the 1934 recipe last night, loved it, but it's tricky. As with many of these, you've got to be exact or the balance is off. I mean, it goes without saying, right? And of course with the rum-and-three-fruit-juices type of drinks there is no balance at all to mess up.

I'll be making the 1934 recipe for a group of business friends on Wednesday afternoon. It should be a good time.

(Oh, and I used Lucid Absinthe, 3 drops.)

Research, research, research! Still fine tuning a modern version of the 1934 recipe, here's what I've got:

-3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
-1/2 oz. Starbuck's cinn. sugar

• 11/2 oz. Appleton Estate V/X
  • 1 1/2 oz. Cruzan Eastate Rum
  • 1 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum
  • dash of bitters
  • 3 drops of Lucid Absinthe
  • 1/2 oz. gredadine
  • small spash of pineapple juice
  • 6oz. of crushed ice
    Blend all for 5 seconds having added the crushed ice last.
    Fill chimney glass, add ice to fill glass and garnish with sprig of mint

Note that as a Lipidor user I've left out he grapefruit juice that would go with the cinn/sugar. And until I get to Illinois I can't find any demerara 151 rum.

Tastes pretty good to me!

Regarding my attempts at making the Don the Beachcomber Zombie (p. 33 of Intoxica)...

I tried it again with Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup. More or less the same result but tasted better than Grenadine.

Tried it also with a passion fruit liquor (30% alcohol). I halved the amount of 151 because of this. And then I added a little guavaberry liquor (30% alcohol) for color. This I thought tasted better.

I don't know, I think this particular recipe in general just has too much overpowering citrus. I've had other zombies that just plain taste better, the ones that use orange juice or orange curacao.

About the grenadine...I've been using the Stirrings brand because it has real pomegranate and all that, but I don't think it has as much red dye. As a result, my drink turns out an orangish-brown color, not the red color that the "Zombiefied" Jeff Berry is holding on page 120 of "Sippin' Safari". Should I use Rose's Grenadine to try to duplicate that color? Or any other suggestions?

[ Edited by: Jason Wickedly 2008-05-19 08:58 ]

On 2008-05-19 08:57, Jason Wickedly wrote:
About the grenadine...I've been using the Stirrings brand because it has real pomegranate and all that, but I don't think it has as much red dye. As a result, my drink turns out an orangish-brown color, not the red color that the "Zombiefied" Jeff Berry is holding on page 120 of "Sippin' Safari". Should I use Rose's Grenadine to try to duplicate that color? Or any other suggestions?

Jason, I, too, noticed the same color variation. Most of the time, I am mixing these up and drinking them, one after another(usually more than 2), in an unlit closet adjacent to my den so the color is unimportant. But, when I serve for friends, I like them to have more appeal. I put a drop of red food dye, organic, of course, into each drink. It does the trick. I feel this is better than compromising the taste by using a lesser grenadine.

Hey Bongo, you really must get your hands on some Demerara 151. Until then, you simply haven't had a 1934 zombie. There's just no comparison between it and Bacardi 151. The only really positive thing I can say about Bacardi 151 is it makes a really nice flame when you light it up!

On 2008-05-19 10:37, bewarethe151 wrote:

On 2008-05-19 08:57, Jason Wickedly wrote:

Jason, I, too, noticed the same color variation. Most of the time, I am mixing these up and drinking them, one after another(usually more than 2), in an unlit closet adjacent to my den so the color is unimportant. But, when I serve for friends, I like them to have more appeal. I put a drop of red food dye, organic, of course, into each drink. It does the trick. I feel this is better than compromising the taste by using a lesser grenadine.

Thanks, I'll try it. By the way, anyone in the SoCal area...Hi-Time Cellars has a nice Zombie glass for $1.99 each. They were labeled that way on the shelf too...not chimney or Collins glasses, but Zombie glasses. I picked up 4 of them.

finally the perfect ceramic mug for the Zombie drink
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28412&forum=12&8
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-05-19 12:45, GatorRob wrote:
Hey Bongo, you really must get your hands on some Demerara 151. Until then, you simply haven't had a 1934 zombie. There's just no comparison between it and Bacardi 151. The only really positive thing I can say about Bacardi 151 is it makes a really nice flame when you light it up!

Rob, I know you are right! I've found some liquor stores that are supposed to carry El Dorado in Chicago which is about 21/2 hours away. As soon as I can get there, I'm so there! (For the effort, I wish they had Lemon Hart.)

our local alterna-rag mentioned making jeff berry's zombie and i was all, alright!

then i read on and they said they made it with ruby red and bacardi

http://bob.citypaper.com/special/story.asp?id=15744

i did not DIG...

mixed feelings... hopefully they might be inclined to make it better the second time around.

A

On 2008-05-23 08:59, Johnny Dollar wrote:
mixed feelings... hopefully they might be inclined to make it better the second time around.

Their substitutions make no sense. Why would you use Bacardi Razz for Jamaican rum?

Well I've just made a Zombie using the 1934 recipe. Amazing! It is a fantastic drink. Even I can't drink it fast! Packs a flavour-some punch.

Hope I can still cook the dinner after drinking that!

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2008-08-05 05:58 ]

Normally I make the 1950 recipe Zombie. Last weekend I made some falernum and yesterday I made Don's mix. So today I am making the 1934 Zombie punch. Holy Crap! It hits you like a freight train...of course in a good way. The spicy flavor is much different than the more citrus flavored 1950. Don had the right idea.

The recipe I am adding to this long history of dedicated research is sort of pointless, because it is for a long gone premix:

However, visuals is MY business, and I feel this thread is seriously lacking in some Zombie imagery, so I thought I ad some shots of the splendid illustrations on this 1930s mini bottle:

Civilized gentlemen enjoying the concoction somewhere in the tropics, and next: Wild men, prostrating in front of the new god!:

Remember what I wrote in the Book of Tiki: In the history of Polynesian pop, the figure of the Zombie was the predecessor to the Tiki!

S

From Trader Vic's Book of Food and Drink, Pg. 70 (1946)

"Here's my idea of a killer-diller. Why people drink them I don't know, but I'll bet you make one before you throw this book away, and I'll bet you drink more of these than any other drink in the book. Don the Beachcomber originated the drink and since then there have been as many different formulas as there are for Planter's Punch. Heres a simplified version for home use.

1 oz Jamaica Rum
2 oz Puerto Rican Rum
1/2 oz Demerara 151
1 oz orange curacao
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 oz grenadine
1 dash Pernod or Herbsaint

Put ingredients in large mixing glass with a large piece of ice; stir well and pour over cracked ice in a chimney glass.
This drink may also be made in large quantities for use in punch bowls. Oh-ho, what a party that'll be! Personally, I think it's too damn strong, but people seem to like it that way."

Will

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies