Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Practice Makes Progress (Have A Great Day) Laz

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies

Thanks for your thoughts.
I understand completely.
I would still be in facevill
if it wasn't for Benzart.

N

Well can we call this Tangoroa . Its made out of sabal palm and i brushed it with a gloss polyurathane spar Thanks for looking

D
DHTiki posted on Wed, Jul 1, 2015 6:47 AM

As always, really nice work...

What do you use to put the divots in the coral?

Keep up the good work...

N

Thanks Brother I use sabur tooth bits, Here is the latest carvings, I am entering a hispanic Art show and came up with this carving, It was inspired by my father who was on a cuban boat and seen a USA boat and jumped in the water and swam to the USA boat. I have names it " Cuban Refugee in Shark infested turbulent waters risking life for freedom

Here is a picture of the last carving I did

I have been getting way of track with my Carvings need to get back to making Tikis
Thanks for looking Have a Nice day

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-07-10 09:58 ]

Your dad would be proud.
You're a good sonny boy.

N

Thanks Will

N

Hello TC here is a angel fish i did for a friend

I debarked 10 Sabal Palms . Time to make some beach tikis

The alligator eating the bird eating the fish is WICKED.
LOVE that Laz! Great detail and nice finish!!

N

thanks Aloha!!!!

N

THANK YOU TC!

C
cy posted on Wed, Jul 15, 2015 4:21 PM

Very nice Laz!

A
amate posted on Thu, Jul 16, 2015 6:07 PM

love it :wink:

N

Thank you Cy And AMATE

N

Front and Back

N

Thank you TC

N

Thank you TC

Thank You TC

Thank you TC

Carved two today was shooting for four but it started raining , Glad it did four carvings in one day is a bit much.

N

The Lost Golden Tiki

N

Thank You TC

Stained and coated with a spar

N

Hello TC Got inspired by Skootiki. Just trying different things out,PRACTICE MAKE PROGRESS, alot of heros to follow on TC

N

Sunday evening Carve.

Hello TC

I am finally getting around to finish this carve I did a few months ago, still need to paint some palm tree on the eyes

I seen this guy coat the tops of his tikis with tar, so i decicided to coat a intire tiki with tar and call it a VOLCANO TIKI hoping that is will look like cooled lava, this carving was a small 14 inch I did several months back just hanging out, so I used it as a sample. I like the idea !

I already have a custumer from this design did nt even have a chance to stain and coat, Thank you TC for showing me the way

Practice make progress have a nice day

N

N

Hello TC experimenting with a Volcano Tiki, thank for the experince strength and hope

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-07-30 09:26 ]

N

Hello TC some paint some stain! Reaaly excited about doing some new designs that I have seen from other carvers on here, I must continue streching

N

Thank you TC for showing me the WAY. Practice make progress. HAVE A NICE DAY!!

H

Keep them coming.

N

thank you brother. I am on a roll here is the carving of the day! Practice makes progress have a nice day!

N

thank you Tiki Central!!!!!

N

Hello TC Practice makes progress have a nice day

N

my first Cedar Thank you TC

N

I have a Art dealer from the keys looking to buy my work for his Art Gallery in Key Largo Fla Tomarro .

WC

Impressive.
That's about how many I make in a year.

N

Thanks Will! I love your Japaneese sculpture, very impresive ,

N

SOLD ALL MY CARVINGS TO THE ART DEALER IN KEY LARGO AND PUT IN A ORDER FOR ANOTHER 20

THANK YOU TIKI CENTRAL!!!!!

Alright!! Laz is buying the next round at Aku Aku!

Nice! You earned it.

N

Pine apple tiki

N

N

I have had these logs in my back yard for over a year. to small for me to carve so they just been sitting thier.
some body suggested i make some wall hangers so Time to use up these old palms

N

my first wall hanger i have 5 more to do tommarro

N

Hello TC

Hand carved Tiki made of Washintonian Palm with a early american stain and 3 coats of polyurethane . Support the Cause save a palm

N

Hello TC Did this carve inspired by another carve this morning , Now i am thinking about making my first maui

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies