Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Practice Makes Progress (Have A Great Day) Laz

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies

Thanks for looking,

Thanks for looking

Nicework Nicework. (I've been waiting to say that...) lots of new stuff I see. I'm diggin it all. Love the mermaid and hand held Moai. You are very prolific! Keep em comin Laz!

N

thank you ! Aloha Texas! I had to look up the word prolific. Takes work to earn that word! Thank you!

N

thank you for looking!

N

Todays Carving Started at 9am stoped at 11 am , 2 hours carvings is my mark still needs a little work and paint,Thanks for veiwing

A
amate posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2015 6:44 PM

On 2015-02-23 18:46, nicework wrote:

Laz, I just love blue tikis!!! I also see a lot of fresh ideas in some of your other work. Most notably, the bubbles surrounding the mermaid and the hair on the multi-colored man. I guess that comes from your ice carving background. I may just have to copy some of that.

“Good artists copy, great artists steal.”
Pablo Picasso

N

A MATE , Thamk you ! yes carving ice for over twenty years was a big help in switcing over to Palm, I have worked with masters and gifted carvers I have not been that fortune it, some people are just naturaly talented, I just been doing it for a long time! I have a mental illness that prevents me from paying attention to detail and I am pretty much a scatter brain, My mom told me I was artistic when I was young, But when I got older I realize that she said Autistic. lol so whatever .Practice Practice Practice!
it makes progress

I have to make 30 tikis in 14 day I hope to make it!

here is my first one, I am going to try to make three a day

N

Thanks for looking Have a Great day!

It's not how many hours you put in with a client or on a project. It's the quantity and quality of your energy - your focus and force - that determine whether that time is valuable.
Jim Loehr

Thank you Skip! words to Carve By!

N

Thank you!Tiki Central!!

Angel Fish Playing around. I had a Chance to do three carvings today. it was a fun day.

N

thank you for looking Have a Great Day. Practice makes progress

C
cy posted on Thu, Feb 26, 2015 8:08 AM

Cool carve and paint nicework!

N

My Man Cy! thank you for being here and showing me the way!

N

......................Tiki Under the Sea ...................

thanks for looking!!

N

thanks For looking!

I will have to try that again it was FUN!!

Great stuff.
Every thing that brought you here, works well for you here.
Let it roll.

N

Thank you Will!

N

this one was hard!

i will do it again . the concept is cool the sculpture is hard

Hey Nicework--let's get busy down there and carve some tikis! What takes me
two months takes you (apparently) around a half-day. Very fun carvings and great style.
Keep em coming.

Love 'em!

H

Nice one.

N

thank you.I am so looking forward to do this surfer tiki again it is so fun but some real 3d cuts . this sculpture is going to make a come back! I am out of thick tikis so i am going to have to wait a little bit

N

This is my first bear. My friend owns a Ice Carving buisness and he asked me to make him some thing so I am making a polar bear with a ice tiki on the bottom!

N

thanks for looking

N

Ice Carving Polar Bear on Ice Tiki.

Thanks for looking still needs some more color going to add blue and greay high lights

[ Edited by: nicework 2015-03-03 07:24 ]

N

thanks for looking!!!!

N

U killin it!

N

thank you Tiki republic, its been alot of fun, but im burning out, I think i need to take a break. one is to many and a thousand is never enough, lol

T

Wow, man, just wow! Like our friend Cy, you seem to have a limitless imagination (and some serious skilz)!!

N

thank you big T. it all comes from my culinary arts back ground , The chef that took me under his wing told me never make the same thing twice. It also come from the freedom of carving Ice for Sunday brunches, the chef would let me carve whatever I wanted so I always did difrent things and pushed my self to make risk taking carvings. I am grateful for being on TC it is the jumping of place to try new carvings,

C

Another nice one Nicetiki....every carver should do a bear...at least once!
This is a fun thread....never know what to expect :)

N

thank you Conga tiki, I some times surprise my self.

Well I got a hold of some Cypress! I have been putting it off until I was told that if it is available I need to get it, I never cut wood before and I was told that cypress was choice., so here is my first batch,

N

first parrot

N

thanks for looking!

So - whats the verdict on Cypress?

N

I have it ! its the cypress i posted yesterday they are on my front yard.

still a little intimidated by it though! any suggetions!

FIRE BIRD

Very cool, or hot I should say!

I'm looking forward to my Seahorse on Coral!

N

thanks Ido vodooo coming right up!

WC

WOW, you're no one trick pony, Hu?
I guess you know it carves EZest
when it's fresh & wet.
In terms of good, better, best,
Cypress is best.
Palm is good.

N

Will Carve Thank you! like i had mentioned to another carver I have done many and have perfected none. doing the same thing over gets boring. I am so happy that i found tiki central. I some times think I am awesome then i look and see that I am not. Tiki Central keeps me right sized, and I am looking forward to continue getting better at this Craft.
I feel like I have a team of coaches on here, and I am driven to find myself and my own style. My style has been preety much crazy. I look at my art and I say wow that s cool then i look at the same sculpture and say thats sucks
Its all my perception of the moment, I am just grateful that practice makes progress!

C
cy posted on Fri, Mar 6, 2015 7:57 AM

Laz, do you ever sleep?

N

lol well i suffer from a disease that manifest itself in obsession and compulsion behavior, one is to many a thousand is never enough lol

N

hello tiki central . I had a couple of University students want to do a short documentery on tiki carvings,.
it was alot of fun thanks for watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSeYVSvqa8

T

On 2015-03-06 06:10, nicework wrote:
Will Carve Thank you! like i had mentioned to another carver I have done many and have perfected none. doing the same thing over gets boring. I am so happy that i found tiki central. I some times think I am awesome then i look and see that I am not. Tiki Central keeps me right sized, and I am looking forward to continue getting better at this Craft.
I feel like I have a team of coaches on here, and I am driven to find myself and my own style. My style has been preety much crazy. I look at my art and I say wow that s cool then i look at the same sculpture and say thats sucks
Its all my perception of the moment, I am just grateful that practice makes progress!

I do think you're AWESOME! Nice job on the paint - is it spray paint?

Yes Big T I use a combination of spray paint acrylic oil whatever lol i some times pain over and over till i get the look i was looking for . thats preety cool about pain i just paint over it if i do not like it one time i stained it then painted it , its crazy when your in the school of hard knocks Have a great day

Orlando Florida Tiki Shark Attack!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 511 replies