Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Seasons of Tiki Art Swap - DONE!!! Swap results page 23

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies

One good news and one minor setback:

Good news, I got confirmation of a finished project from stevekh so he's in!!! That gives us 11 Swappers so the last ones drawn will be a 3-way switch.

Minor setback, mine came out of the kiln with 2 chips on the "Revival: side. I will fix it, refire, and be ready to ship this week.

I will take some "glamour shots" of mine after I refire it.
Getting ready to do the drawing NOW!!!

Sweet stevekh is in

Looks great Mike

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-02 10:06 ]

And the results are.....
Anthony Maye and Cy
Hang10Tiki and Joshua Bell
TikiAno and LoriLovesTiki
MadDogMike and stevekh
AlohaStation sends to danlovestikis
danlovestikis sends to TheBigT
TheBigT sends to AlohaStation

Hopefully the luck of the draw has got us swapping with some new partners this time? PM your partners and get mailing address. Please mail them out as soon as possible, be sure to post a picture of your new art when you get it in.

Thanks so much for participating, hope you have had as much fun as me :D

Ya whoooo
Swapping with JoshuaBell
Can't wait.......
(Send me a message when ya see this,
don't want to ruin the surprise results)

Mike- thanks again for another great swap

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-02 11:02 ]

C
cy posted on Wed, Mar 2, 2016 12:09 PM

Your mug looks great MDM, thanks so much for organizing these swaps!!

Hi Mike another fun swap. Thank you for getting it started and pulling it off.

Love your mug and I'm looking forward to getting my AlohaStation necklace. I'll
contact TheBigT for his address.

Another fun one, Wendy

Sweet! Great swap Mike!

TikiAno I'm excited we're swap partners. So excited for my mug. :)

I learned so much with this project and am really happy with how it turn out.

Let's decide on the next theme, I obviously need as much time as I can get!

Edited to add I don't want to ruin the surprise for TikiAno either so when you see then shoot me a pm.

:)
Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2016-03-02 17:35 ]

S

glad to be a part of my first swap! cant wait to put my one off mug in a place of honor on my shelf (but first its going to have a straw in it!)

T

Mike, thanks for organizing another great Swap- these finished pieces are collectively, and individually, some of the best I've seen in recent Swap history. I'm excited to trade with Lori- hopefully I can send some warm weather your way! :)

Huzzah! Thrilled to be swapping a Marq for a Marq. :)

Amazing builds all around. And I didn't comment at the time but let me call out:

Cy's intricate creation blending a bit of California tiki and the whimsy of Rolly Crump; and it's dimensional. And lighted!

and:

Stevekh's menu for a tiki location that never was. I can imagine a whole line of faux-vintage swizzles and other ephemera. It needs an entry on Critiki.

Boxed up

Tomorrow

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-02 21:30 ]

On 2016-03-02 18:20, stevekh wrote:
glad to be a part of my first swap! cant wait to put my one off mug in a place of honor on my shelf (but first its going to have a straw in it!)

Better get a big straw - it measures at 28 ounces. That's a lot of Mai Tai :lol:

T

Hi All, thanks for letting me join in the fun! In my 8 yrs on TC, this is my first swap. :o I had a blast though and can't wait to take that first sip out of Wendy's mug!! Great job everyone and thanks Mike for ogranizing.

Mine is ready to ship to AlohaStation, bubble wrapped and double boxed. :P

S

On 2016-03-02 22:43, MadDogMike wrote:

On 2016-03-02 18:20, stevekh wrote:

Better get a big straw - it measures at 28 ounces. That's a lot of Mai Tai :lol:

I take that as both a challenge and a dare!

Shipped mine out today

Marq, S n P, and a bunch of other fun stuff

Thanks again Mike

Jon-out

Holy crap, I already got my package from BigT! I feel bad that I just sent mine out yesterday. Now I have to find a place of honor to put it. Thanks BigT!

Aloha- can't wait to see a pic when ya find a spot for the BigT piece

My piece will be delivered to Tiki Ano on Friday. It is SLOWLY making it's way across the country! Remind me to never make something so big again.

Tiki Ano, your comment about sending me warm weather looks right on. It's supposed to be in the 60's mid week!

Hang10tiki totally spoiled me:

Thanks Jon!

Glad he made it safe
Looks good in his new home

Your piece arrived today as well
This is awesome
Way Kool Bruddah

Now to find just the right spot

Thanks again Bruddah
Great work

After his long journey and adventure hopping around the room I think the top of the lamp is the perfect place. Good job to both men. Wendy

I agree with the lampshade. He is the only Tiki light enough to go there.

Steve your picture made it today, IT'S HUGE!!!! I haven't opened it yet and won't until yours is shipped - maybe tomorrow.

Ok
Lamp it is

Mike- open open open

S

On 2016-03-07 21:48, MadDogMike wrote:
I agree with the lampshade. He is the only Tiki light enough to go there.

Steve your picture made it today, IT'S HUGE!!!! I haven't opened it yet and won't until yours is shipped - maybe tomorrow.

one of the benefits of owning a large format printer! enjoy Mike!

Steve, some guys get all the cool toys! :lol:

T

Lori, look forward to receiving it. I've had a hectic work week but hoping to get yours in the mail tomorrow- I also had a delay in receiving a little **extra for the Swap (but have it now). :) :)

I'm going to send via priority mail, so hopefully by Saturday??

FINALLY got my mug fixed and mailed out to Steve this morning!!! Only a week late :( It had a little chip when I pulled it out of the kiln the morning of the Swap and I figured it would be a quick re-fire. But then it started chipping several places on the 2 brown tikis, must have been bad glaze. I touched the places up and refired but it continued to chip. So I ground off the brown glaze with a Dremel and repainted in baked enamel. Not my preference but it will work.

Opened up my package from Steve and it's AWESOME!!!! Great work Steve :D

S

On 2016-03-09 10:43, MadDogMike wrote:
FINALLY got my mug fixed and mailed out to Steve this morning!!! Only a week late :( It had a little chip when I pulled it out of the kiln the morning of the Swap and I figured it would be a quick re-fire. But then it started chipping several places on the 2 brown tikis, must have been bad glaze. I touched the places up and refired but it continued to chip. So I ground off the brown glaze with a Dremel and repainted in baked enamel. Not my preference but it will work.

Opened up my package from Steve and it's AWESOME!!!! Great work Steve :D

thanks! can't wait to try it out - love the weathered wood on the forgotten side!

Danggggg

Great pics
Great mug
Great (huge) canvas print

And Mike, u look sharp lil buddie :)

T

Awesome mug Mike. Came out great!

T

Wendy's box arrived yesterday! First look inside... where's the mug?!

Found it. And there's something taped to the outside...

This super cool Tiki Crazy pendant!!!

It already hypnotized the dog!

Here's the beautiful mug Wendy made. We love it!! It's so awesome Wendy.

Gonna be a proud addition to our art collection. Many BigT thanks Wendy!!

I was just looking at MadDogMikes over the top great mug and then stevekh's wonderful art on canvas print and thinking what a great swap. Then I get totally rewarded with these photos from TheBigT. Your photos couldn't have thrilled me more. I really loved looking at you two and the dog. I hope you'll continue to enter the swaps and to have fun on Tiki Central until at least 2066.

Here's my story:

Dan and I like to take a walk around the block and to stop at our mail box along the way. Well we were so happy when we saw that our box had a crow bar taken to it and we could see the mailman driving our way.

That meant we didn't lose any mail because we emptied it before and none was put in after. Our poor neighbors were not so lucky.

So I know that my swap treasure is in our home town but we won't be going to pick up our mail until Saturday. We are looking forward to this being repaired.

How come no one ever takes a crow bar to my mail box and steals my BILLS out of it? :lol:

Wow
Your mailbox looks like ours now n den
Thats y we use a PO box

Big T- awesome pics

PS- thieves suck ars

That sucks about your mailbox. Hopefully your package arrives safe. Have fun trip!

Got my super rad light up tiki from Cy today thank you so much sorry I have been down and out with a back injury but I will ship yours out tomorrow Cy. and I can get the pic to go in right I tried I swear

Holy huge print! That's amazing, I had no idea how big it really was!

AnthonyMaye, it's nice to see what you look like!

Wendy, that stinks about your mailbox.

TikiAno, I will check the tracking but I think your package was scheduled to be delivered today. Sorry there are no "goodies" in yours, NJ is devoid of all things tiki but I guess I could have sent you pork roll. :wink:

Don't rush with my package, I know you're a busy new Dad. I'll be patient. Or at least I'll try.

Btw, my school's new web filter has decided to block Tiki Central so I have to wait until I'm home to come on so if I'm mia that's why. Looking forward to a new theme so I can get cracking.

Signed the president of the procrastinators club -

:)
Lori

edited to add that USPS says your parcel was delivered, hopefully you got it!

[ Edited by: lorilovestiki 2016-03-11 17:33 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2016 4:18 PM

Your mug turned out great MDM, nice work! No worries here anthonymaye, I can wait till you feel better, happy the shipment arrived to you in one piece.

Anthony- ya fell over
I gotcha

Diane Chambers during chemo?

AlohaStation sends to danlovestikis

We got the mail today and our box was there. I will have photos soon. We need to find the perfect place for this. Thank you AlohaStation that was so much work for you and so much enjoyment for us.

Soon you'll see it again, Wendy

Woo Hoo Dan found the perfect place. This tiki has always been unadorned and now with the wonderfully carved wooden necklace he's looking so cool.

Thank you AlohaStation for all the effort you put into making a great tiki necklace.

You just have to smile back when looking at his face. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-03-12 08:54 ]

C
cy posted on Sat, Mar 12, 2016 9:29 AM

MDM, don't provoke Hang 2.5, he's an obnoxious little bastard.

Wendy-
Alohastations necklace landed in a great spot Wendy

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2016-03-12 17:08 ]

T

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, Jon....

Lori, I received your great- and massive package this weekend. I'm waiting to open it until Monday- when your package is due to arrive (I hope in one piece). I didn't get to ship it until Friday, and they told me Monday- please let me know!

Dig seeing all of the trade recipients' photos, good times, and thanks Mike for organizing another great Swap.

I think almost everything has made it to their new homes, I will check on the few that haven't

AnthonyMaye > Cy ?
Cy > AnthonyMaye - Received
Hang10Tiki > Joshua Bell - Received
Joshua Bell > Hang10Tiki - Received
TikiAno > LoriLovesTikis - Received
LoriLovesTikis > TikiAno - Received
MadDogMike > stevehk - Received
stevehk > MadDogMike - Received
AlohaStation > danlovestiki - Received
danlovestiki > TheBigT - Received
TheBigT > AlohaStation - Received

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2016-03-14 16:21 ]

[ Edited by: maddogmike 2016-03-23 10:06 ]

'm a teacher and we have conferences tonight so I got home early to find a package. I was so excited! !!! Surprised it got across the country so fast! TikiAno you went above and beyond, thank you! I opened it right up and was super thrilled to find a swizzle, a coaster (both from the Tonga Hut) your really nice mug (love the color) and, wait for it, a Mr. Bali Ha I mug!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy $ h! T!!!!!

Way more than I expected or deserved but thank you for sharing some West Coast aloha with this East Coaster!

I can't wait to enjoy some cocktails in both mugs! Mahalo!

I must add that I have a collection of rubber duckies and don't have those 2. :) You're amazing! Seriously, I can't thank you enough!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies