Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Seasons of Tiki Art Swap - DONE!!! Swap results page 23

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies

And in case you can't see the details on TikiAno's mug due to my crappie cellphone pic, there's a sun for summer, a flower for spring, a Moai with earmuffs for winter and a tiki with a jack-o-lantern for fall. I love it!

I'm glad that the necklace made it. I love that he fits on that tiki so well!

T

Whew! Glad they all arrive safely, Lori (duckies included). :)

I wasn't sure if you had any Bali Hai mugs, but I figured I'd send a taste of San Diego (well, and LA too a la Tonga Hut) along with my swap mug. I'm at work now but was waiting to open your (massive) box, and will when I get home. So excited.

[ Edited by: TikiAno 2016-03-14 14:00 ]

David (TikiAno)

I did not have any Bali Hai mugs, it and the Tonga Hut are on my tiki bar bucket list. I've only been to California once and was in the San Fran area. I went to Forbidden Island and Trader Vic's Emeryville but missed so many others. (It was a quick trip for my brother's wedding in Big Sur and was a day shorter thanks to Hurricane Sandy.) One day I hope to get to Southern California but for now your mugs will have to suffice.

I truly love your mug as well and am thrilled to have them both in my collection. I hope you enjoy my piece half as much!

danlovestiki to TheBigT

How did you miss that one. They posted a whole line of wonderful photos as they opened the box!

MadDogMike you ran another great swap, thank you, Wendy

PS AlohaStation we look at your necklace all day long. The tiki never looked complete until now, thank you

Ano-

Lori-

T

Jon, ha!

Lori, wow, we opened up the tremendous box, and it's AWESOME. You are correct, the blue glazed tile looks absolutely beautiful in person. I have yet to take a photo of me with the piece but I will when another adult is around to help out. I will find a good place to hang it in the home bar. Here are some photos, including....

Tiki Ari: What's in this box, and what happens if I shake it up a LOT?

The reveal: scroll down to get the full effect:

Tiki Ari approves, so all is well. He happily pointed out the "ball,""moon," "stars," and "twees" (trees). He's still working on recognizing tikis, though he does repeat it on demand. Actually he was a bit angry when he had to let it go...

Lori, thanks for a great piece- I love the look of the "seasons" signs, too, as well as the hanger, very cool.

Mike, thanks for another great Swap, and thanks to all the Swappers- incredible work all around.

Ano n Lori
Both pieces look great

TikiAno,

Glad you guys are liking it! :)

S

got mine at the office today - i'll open it up when i get there in the morning - can you say mad men morning mai tai?

S

a place of honor amongst the old rum and other mugs at the office!

Glad it got there safely! Enjoy :)

Looks good among friends

C
cy posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2016 7:05 PM

Thanks again to Mike for your organization skills! A recent move of my business confused me a wee bit, causing me to give Anthonymaye the wrong address. It has been hanging out in my neighbors' suite for the last week, and they had it opened and gracing the desk of the secretary that had no idea where it came from. I went over today, introduced myself, and they reluctantly gave me my absolutely beautiful piece. It looks better in person, rich and colorful, I love it Anthony! Obviously I'm not very good with numbers but I think this is my fourth out of nine TC swap Anthony draws, here's the rest.

Nice AnthonyMaye collection you got going on there Cy!

What Mike said

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 399 replies