Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tikimeculas Stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 696 replies

P

holy shit....

now THAT is a rack of chisels!

color me jealous! lol...

yeah and that piece that Tom ended up with is pretty sick bro...

HT

The funny part of that message, "If I could find the rest of them."

Wow, man. That's a LOT of chisels. Though they're obviously being put to good use.

Andy, we were on opposite coasts this past weekend. I didn't know you were vending this year too.

You should give the International Tiki Market Place a go... I had another really good show this time around.

Hoping to get to the one in September.

Good to see the chisels out again, my friend. I've got some interesting pieces I've found over the last few months... I'll have to send photos if you'd like to take a crack at them.

Alright it's been two years since I have done this. Let's see if I remember how?

Yep
Ya do
:)

school is in session.
let it rip.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 15, 2013 3:20 PM

If it's supposed to be a unicorn, then you're totally off. But, if it supposed to be a tiki, then it's a great start.

Glad to have you back, T-Mec.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 15, 2013 3:20 PM

It's funny how you show pictures of all your tools, when we know it's all done on a CNC machine. Nobody can carve that clean and with as much detail as in your finished pieces. :D

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-15 15:24 ]

P

damn bro...that is impressive already...

tikimecula your work is exquisite! Such a pleasure to page through your post and admire all the fine craftsmanship and creativity.

B

Great seeing you again T-Mec, Still loving your works!

HT

And in a hardwood, no less.

No wood is "hard" to a sharp chisel! Great to see you making new wood chips. I hope that piece of mahogany didn't get you in trouble at the airport?

A

Hi there! I am looking for a tiki carver to come to Carlsbad, CA. We just cut down 2 palm trees in our patio to about 10 feet tall and want the remaining tree stumps carved into tikis. If you know of anyone in the San Diego area that would be interested please let me know. Thanks! Amy

C
cy posted on Mon, Jun 17, 2013 3:10 PM

Great to see you back tikimecula, you are one of the best!

Hang10, time will tell if I do or not?
Will, you should teach the class. Finally had a chance to go back thru your thread, Top notch stuff in there.
Grog, Glad to be back at it. Thanks.
Jeff, I started that guy about 4 years ago. I get sidetracked on Maori pieces to easy it seems, He's already back on the side lines.
Trader Gino, Thanks.
Benz, It was great seeing you again also. Looks like I'll be back next year, hopefully with more of my work in tow. Maybe we can have some time to sit and talk shop for a bit?
Tom, Had to move some stuff around in the baggage to get them under the 50lb weight limit, but it all worked out fine. I'll get that package out this week.
Cy, Thanks.

So the Maori guy I posted is back in the waiting room. Started something else, should have it wrapped up in a few days and I'll get some pics up.

11" round Marq plaque

Awesome carve Andy. Figured you'd start with a Marquesan piece. Such a sweet, sweet finish on this piece. What kind of wood? The line work is machine precise as usual.

P

wow.

that's nice...

Club time.

A
amate posted on Tue, Jun 25, 2013 5:03 PM

Looks like you'll be out "clubin" before we know what hit us! :) Nice to see you back...

Can I be in the club ?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Oh good. GROG need new club. GROG break GROG' club in April.

What type of wood are you using on this?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 26, 2013 4:28 PM

On 2013-06-26 14:42, surfintiki wrote:
What type of wood are you using on this?

Looks to GROG like it something from some sort of a plant, like a tree or something.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-26 16:30 ]

Spalted Sali.

Surfin, 3 are Poplar, 3 are Maple, 1 is black walnut. The big slab in back is Maple also.

Found a small lumber mill on my way home from work the other day. while talking to them, I asked about full logs? They said anything smaller than 16" in diameter they cant use. So I asked what they would want for the smaller ones? $20.

I'll be going back in a few days with my trailer.

Lil more done on this..

Awesome

HT

On 2013-06-26 09:30, GROG wrote:
Oh good. GROG need new club. GROG break GROG' club in April.

snicker

Nice to see you out in full force. Looking forward to the club progress.

tavatava time....

bout an hour later.

Soooo cool.

Last one for tonight.

K
KAHAKA posted on Sun, Jul 7, 2013 6:55 PM

So great to see you back at it. You have incredible talent and patience! I hope to add to my TiMec collection someday. Excellent work!!!

P

holy crap bro... that is gonna be insane..

that is incredible! What are you using to draw the curved lines,(if you don't mind me asking)?

Woody, Thanks man.
Jeff, thanks.
AM, Thanks. I use a pencil and my hand. I use the edge of the handle to set the depth and let er rip.

A bit more.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 9, 2013 7:56 PM

The Tiki Meculator1000.

You are a machine!!

Mucho awesomo.

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-07-09 19:57 ]

C
cy posted on Tue, Jul 9, 2013 8:48 PM

Dedicated, articulate and beautiful tikimecula!

WOW.

In the zone. Looking good Andy.

So stoked to see you posting and carving again!!!

I still can't believe the detail you get...it's just insane.

That looks like quite a haul for logs!!! TONS of future tikis!!!

Stunning

Grog, Thanks.
Cy, Thank you.
Will, Thanks.
Lake, It's like riding a bike....right?
Poly, Thanks man. Have not had a chance to get back over there to get some logs. Got plans for some of them when I get em.
Hang10, Thanks.

Just about done with the top.

Sh_t
My jaw just fell off

Jon

P

wowsers...

that took a lot of patience,,,

A
amate posted on Sat, Jul 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Carving that level of detail has got to be like a meditation. Very Impressive!

...and how FAST you're making that happen!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 696 replies