Tiki Central / California Events

Wednesdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies

O
Otto posted on Wed, Nov 4, 2009 12:10 AM

Tonight, a legendary party will ensue at Forbidden Island, Alameda

8pm til closing
Otto's Grotto joins forces with The Black Orchid Club

mystery, intrigue, and beautiful music await you!

RR

Let's get this thing rolling

On 2009-11-04 07:11, Rum Runner wrote:
Let's get this thing rolling

AGREED! It's not even 8 am and Rum Runner and I are already thinking about
drinking. We need help...black orchid, inebriate us!

Ready for drink #2

The Mrs. and I are in town and hope to see some of you tomorrow (MaiTai, CoCo)!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Dec 2, 2009 12:07 AM

It's that time of the month again - Otto's Grotto!

and that time of the week again - Black Orchid club!!

Come warm the cockles of your heart tonight - Wednesday, Dec 2, @ 8pm til closing

I'll be warming you up with some spicy Latin tunes then mixing in some holiday cheer with Christmas music

Feliz Navidad

I'm in town tomorrow till monday, I missing this by one day.
But, of course I'll hit FI on Thrusday evening.
Ran

I'm your Black Orchid Huckleberry...

S

Hey Kids, be sure to bring in all of your cards to the Black Orchid tonight... you'll be glad you did!

Check out the blog for more info: http://rumnpineapple.blogspot.com/

Suzanne

for anyone reading this thurs Night.
Ran aka (Kick the Reverb) (inventor of the Reverb Crash) and the comb over) drinks
is there at FI right now.
go say Hi.

Jeff(btd)

The Donkey Kong will be on tonight!

Is it Weds yet? Oh wait, I've had so much "Christmas Cheer" this weekend that it just feels like Tuesday night. See ya'll on Weds!

T

This Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge - on a special holiday schedule! In addition to the usual groovin' tunes, I'll be spinning a select few Xmas tunes (that fit in the Flight Lounge vibe).

wish I could be there to hear your set Jab.
I spun a bunch of x-mas tunes and Exotica at event down here on sun.

have a good night.
Cheers to you from So. Cal.

Jeff(btd)

M

*Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge *

The prodigal son returns!

While I am not the "lost" son, I did just wander around Central Europe rather aimlessly. I am, however, definitely the "last" son. So, that counts. Plus, factoring in my profligate living, it's a lock. Prodigal I am, and team midnite is coming back home to Forbidden Island after too long an absence. That's close enough for a parable.

Additionally, I'm thirsty. It's more of a theoretical thirst as we were far from any desert and I drank a lot while abroad.

Moreover, I want to go to a place where everyone knows my name. Well, they used to know my name, not sure anymore.

Also, I want to go to a bar not packed with humorless Czech bastards. Wait! FI is not full of humorless Czech bastards now is it? Whew, ok, just checking.

Further, I'm back on U.S. soil and I want to go to a red-blooded, freedom-loving, kick-ass American tiki bar. I don't want no more of that Commie bullshit!

Plus, I miss the Jab.

Cold warrior,
midnite

"And he looked forth upon his prodigal son and said I know you have sinned, but sin no more. He then summoned his staff to bring forth the best Tiki drinks and quench his thirst"... Or something like that.
Look forward to seeing Team Midnite again!

Harumph!

CL

I'm fairly sure that neither Suzanne nor Paddie are Chez, and I know that they are not humorless, so you're probably good.

Great seeing you tonight. Sorry to bow out of FI though...sniff sniff, stupid cold. But I'm sure you're in very capable mixology hands with the crew there tonight.

Suzanne and Paddie are creating might fine cocktails!! If I say so myself, they are kickin ass and taking names in the mixology department! Have fun!!

On 2009-12-16 08:01, midnite wrote:
*Wednesday (12/16) is International Flight Lounge *

The prodigal son returns!

While I am not the "lost" son, I did just wander around Central Europe rather aimlessly. I am, however, definitely the "last" son. So, that counts. Plus, factoring in my profligate living, it's a lock. Prodigal I am, and team midnite is coming back home to Forbidden Island after too long an absence. That's close enough for a parable.

Additionally, I'm thirsty. It's more of a theoretical thirst as we were far from any desert and I drank a lot while abroad.

Moreover, I want to go to a place where everyone knows my name. Well, they used to know my name, not sure anymore.

Also, I want to go to a bar not packed with humorless Czech bastards. Wait! FI is not full of humorless Czech bastards now is it? Whew, ok, just checking.

Further, I'm back on U.S. soil and I want to go to a red-blooded, freedom-loving, kick-ass American tiki bar. I don't want no more of that Commie bullshit!

Plus, I miss the Jab.

Cold warrior,
midnite

S

Wow, thanks for the nice compliments, Coco Loco! It was great to see you, Midnite!

Today's the last day we're open before Christmas, so come celebrate with us, Christmas Eve style (a day early). It's week 8 of the Black Orchid Club, and we've got the Deadlies surf band starting at 8 (BTD, where are you? :wink: ).

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this yet, here I am in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTSZdnYIkY

See you tonight!

Suzanne

Suzanne,
even though they are a Nor. Cal. band.
I have seen them,
I booked them a show at the Purple Orchid, couple years back.

fun band.

Jeff(btd)

O
Otto posted on Mon, Jan 4, 2010 12:20 AM

btw, The Deadlies were great. A laid back mix of surf classics and Christmas classics done up Ventures style!

Now dig this!

What: DJ Otto with guest DJ Staccato (aka Johnny Marr of Murder Can Be Fun), and Black Orchid Club night
When: Wednesday, January 6, 2010. 8pm til 1 am
Where: Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge, 1304 Lincoln, Alameda
How much: FREE

A night of espionage and intrigue with "Spy vs. Private Eye in Otto's Grotto"

Who will survive when DJ Otto matches spy tunes to DJ Staccato's private eye numbers?
Join us and find out

No secret password necessary, black tie optional.

While you attempt to unravel the clues provided with your Black Orchid Club cocktail, DJs Otto and Staccato will thrill you with secret agent sounds.

RR

see you there luv Spy music

A very special Wednesday tonight:

Otto's Grotto featuring the turntable Twist of Johnny "Big Hands" Bartlett (The Phantom Surfers, The Barbary Coasters, Hillsdale Records, etc)
Twist, R&B, Surf, and a swingin' tribute to the 3 Stars that fell on Feb. 3, 1959. All on glorious 45s, replete with surface noises. http://johnnybartlett.com/

Baby Doe's birthday bash! http://www.devilettes.com/meetdevilettes/hellcat/index.htm

Black Orchid Club's day of reckoning with some terrific prizes http://rumnpineapple.blogspot.com/

T

Oh I am sure everyone will have a freakin' blast.

Maybe a roll call will get people in the mood.

I will start.

I will not be able to attend.

CL

Man, no need to get people in the mood...it was off the hook last night! Otto djing, Baby Doe's B-day twister party, The Black Orchid Awards, and not to mention the local AFAA meeting of cool kids! Everyone was there, and I think we were too busy having fun to post. Sorry you missed out Tiki Bob. :)

CL

My bedtime tonight is 7:30 seeing as I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning...but I suspect all others usual suspects be there. :) It's Weds Peeps!

J

Join us tomorrow at the Island for a very special Kill Devil Club induction.

Firstly, it's the long-awaited induction of Sir Otto von Stroheim, who after three years, finally gets his plaque on our shelf of infamy. Next, the first ever Second time induction...JenTiki. Join us as we honor them both.

Also check out Suzanne's latest concoctions, or have her create a custom cocktail just for you.
If it's Wednesday...it's Black Orchid Sessions!

Aloha!

J

Wow! Thanks to Molokai Mike for the coolest recognition of a drunk evar! I can't even believe you really gave me a reserved parking space! Forbidden Island rocks!!!

MT

Wow, it's been an ENTIRE YEAR since anyone has posted on this thread. See what happens when you give JenTiki a parking space? :wink:

I'll be there, working on my Kill Devil list! Who's thirsty?

O
Otto posted on Wed, Mar 9, 2011 9:10 AM

I,d like to place my order now for the new premium flight!

On 2011-03-09 02:47, Mai Tai wrote:
Wow, it's been an ENTIRE YEAR since anyone has posted on this thread.

More proof that facebook has taken over the day to day event posts

L

I think I will swing on by for some pre-birthday cocktails :)

O
Otto posted on Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:15 PM

On 2011-03-09 11:54, leleliz wrote:

Thanks fee the warning

On 2011-03-09 20:15, Otto wrote:

On 2011-03-09 11:54, leleliz wrote:

Thanks fee the warning

OH SNAP!!

Jeff(btd)

L

OH SNAP! Someone is on a thread commenting where he doesn't belong. Imagine that. Having to add his 2 cents because he has nothing better to do.

Otto congrats on your efforts toward the Measure A victory. You earned your drinks tonight!

You forgot to call me an Idiot like you did in your PM to me.

Jeff(btd)

L

On 2011-03-09 21:06, bigtikidude wrote:
You forgot to call me an Idiot like you did in your PM to me.

Jeff(btd)

Oh thanks..I forgot that part!

Also forgot to add Kat was saying how there are some new drink specials coming out for Spring. Can't wait!

MT

People, people, can't we all just get along? :)

Due to last week's illness, my levels of Pimento Liqueur and Demerara have dropped to a dangerous low. Looks like I need to recharge tonight! Who's thirsty?

A

Can't we all just get a long straw?

-Randy

MT

On 2011-03-23 17:03, aquarj wrote:
Can't we all just get a long straw?

-Randy

Mai Tai likes this post.

O
Otto posted on Sat, Mar 26, 2011 10:28 PM

OK, I missed last Wed, I'll be there this time

J

I love the Jet Pilot at FI.

I can't wait until this Wed. :)

On my travels up North, my wife and I stopped in and was amazed on how many tikiphiles were there. We even ran into Jeremy of the Tonga Hit.

Michael greeted our nieces from Alameda that joined us for cocktails and are now fans of Forbidden Island.

Mahalo,

TikiVato

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2011-07-17 10:45 ]

O
Otto posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2011 6:17 PM

Hukilau Brown, Tiki Oasis team leader, will be at FI tonight Wed Sep 14 at 7pm

MT

Awesome. And what do ya know, I'm feelin' a little thirsty today!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2011 6:33 PM

I'll be there tonight later on

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 865 replies