Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

Perry, fun hangin' out, man! We'll be looking you up next time we get out to Vegas. Grace loves the New Zealand stone and the Jade. Thanks for the gift and the good deal......and the last shots of Oasis. You, me, and Mai Tai, on the veranda, two shots of Goldschlager, one shot of Jager(really shocked I can remember) and we were DONE!

I've still got some Zombie Mugs left from our Room Crawl for $30. PM me if you'd like one. Limited run of 40 comes with signed & numbered card.

Tiki Oasis was amazing. I love the California ohana!!

I agree with the wise words of Buzzy "Flounder, Florida sucks! It's fake California". :)

Can't wait to come back.

Mahalo

Hiya Tiki Brethren and Sisteren~

Here are a few appetizers for your cones & rods, or whatever is left of you TO8 participants.

The rest of the photos can be viewed at flickr as per Baby Doe's request...

The first internationally motorin' devotees en route to Bali Hai; a people ahead of their plan~
(back row) Dave & Sue (UK Tiki royalty) Mark & Cindy ("Whales Vagina" types-just ask Cindy) and Debbie, Dave & Bai (a hodgepodge genius of sorts)

sorry, not sure

yes, "the" Robert Drasnin ~ made MY Oasis amazing

and not leastly-

My Zombie Hero

and with that, I love you all more than I'll ever know

Hopefully before, but until T.O.9~

CHEERS!

Andy
(Tiki Joe's Pop)

ps go to flicker for more photographed ridiculousness

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 9:01 AM

GROG enjoy Tiki Oasis. GROG glad GROG get to see old friends and meet new ones. The vendors were GREAT. GROG pissed that GROG miss Drasdin on Friday. GROG have to work and not get to San Diego until 11:00 pm. GROG saw others arrive late as well and they miss Drasdin, too. GROG miss all the seminars. GROG wish they had times and locations printed. GROG glad GROG not have to bring lightbox and have to work during Oasis like GROG did last year. GROG wish GROG had more time to visit with everybody. GROG look forward to next year.

And thanks Notch for the Paipo sign you make for GROG.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-08-26 09:02 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 1:35 PM

"GROG wish they had times and locations printed."

CAMMO wish GROG could read the posters OTTO had printed up with all the seminar times, with the pretty girls at the information booth in the hotel's front lobby, but CAMMO know GROG getting old and it getting hard to teach an OLD GROG NEW TRICKS.

Anyway CAMMO enjoy talking to GROG and seeing what new Hawaiian shirts he buy at 99 CENT STORE, on sale there for only 39 CENTS.

all the seminars were also posted on TC and in the Tiki Oasis hand out.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

What a fun weekend! It went by WAAAAYYYY to FAST though!
I call a do-over!

Highlights:
Robert Drasnin with the lovely and talented Alice!
The Amazing ZOMBIE seminar-fabulous job Martin!!-I tip my shaker to you sir!
The Fantasticly creative, friendly and generous room party hosts!
I totally got lost Saturday night, but whereevr I was, I sure was happy! :)
. . .and of course, the zombies. . .

Thanks for another fantastic year Otto and Baby Doe!

to all that attended Tiki Oasis.

lost or found items.

My Friend Kristena aka (Tiki Tena)
lost her black Nylon I assume, digital camera case.
she has the camera, but the case has 2 full memory cards of pics in it.

e-mail me [email protected].
if you have it.

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-08-20 21:55, Billy the Crud wrote:
...I went to help Eric the Red out... and that guy was falling all over the bushes, then wandered out towards the street. I really do hope he was ok...

I was wondering who to thank for dragging Erik out of the highway. :P

T

On 2008-08-19 10:43, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Speaking of lost items, I have a long shot...anyone find a pair of black Spy (with the + logo on the temples) glasses? They're pretty well beat up, but they are prescription, so really no good to anyone else.

I guess if no one finds them it gives me an excuse to get a new pair! Thanks

[Tikievents] Tiki Oasis lost n foundþ
From: [email protected] on behalf of Otto ([email protected])
Sent: Wed 8/27/08 1:58 AM
To: [email protected]

When I left the Crowne Plaza hotel on Aug 20 I checked the lost and found and there were a few pairs of eyeglasses there as well as lots of clothes, etc. So if you lost something please contact the hotel

I lost a folding luggage carrier. It is steel, can hold up to 300 lb but is small and lightweight, has my name (Otto) on the tag.

On thursday night at the Bali Hai one of the dancers, Alice, lost a green sequined bra. If you happened to wake up Friday afternoon with this item, please email her directly to arrange return of it

[email protected]

Thanks TeaKEY, yeah I saw that e-mail this morning. I will call them and see if they turned up. As for the luggage carrier and the missing bra, well, I hope they turn up!

This was our first Oasis in the "new" San Diego location and we were not scheduled to go this year, but a few things fell into place at the last minute that allowed us to do a whirlwind trip to SD. Also, we were delivering the new shirts for the Mai Kai Gents (by Atomic Cocktail). So we did Oasis in 24 hours: arrived late on Friday and left late on Saturday night. Special thanks to Cheekygirl and Hukilau Brown for their assistance in making this happen.

By the way, for those that have not experienced Albie's Beef Inn across the highway from the hotel, I highly recommend going. Especially if you like meat and boobies. (Atomic was in heaven.)

Here we are:

The rest can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11533575@N08/sets/72157606974858844/

R

Man Oasis was so much freakin fuuuuun! I still have to go ahead and upload pics from my camera!

I totally can't wait fer next year!

I think I may have lost mah fave striped socks over at oasis so weird everyone lozin stuff! I heard that even buzzy also found a wig?

Damn! Guess that what happens when it's a weekend fueled with rum! :lol:

Buzzy actually found a merkin(sp?).......A wig for your junk.

is he wearing it now?
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-08-27 20:34, Billy the Crud wrote:
Buzzy actually found a merkin(sp?).......A wig for your junk.

Mel?...

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 29, 2008 1:34 AM

Official Tiki Oasis 8 appreciation party

Come out to the flagship location of Trader Vic's (Emeryville) and celebrate Tiki Oasis 8
Saturday, Sept 6, 6 - 9 pm

• Trader Vic's is offering us HALF PRICE off the entire drink menu during the party

• Free commemorative drink coasters to the first 80 guests

• Viewing of videos from this year's Tiki Oasis weekender and Tiki Oasis 6 DVD showing

• Tiki Oasis swag for sale

• Live musical guest TBA

We will have the deluxe banquet room reserved but you are welcome to eat and drink in any part of Trader Vic's. For your listening pleasure we will provide selections from Tiki Oasis bands on the banquet room sound system. Bring your photos from Tiki Oasis to share with friends. Valet parking is complimentary but of course you'll want to have a few bucks for a tip!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies