Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

P

I can't checkout either. Same result. I emailed Otto to let him know.

MT

So in all this chatter of Tiki Oasis, and room reservations, and room parties, and cool vending schtuff, I have NOT heard one word about the zombies! And I don't mean as in the libation. I mean the chase you down, eat your brain zombies! What will be in store for us as we immerse ourselves in a Voodoo Vacation on Zombie Island? Will there be slow moving zombies? Or fast moving zombies? Are slow moving zombies so slow moving because they are old farts? Are fast moving zombies just a bunch of bratty KoolKids? Is there a rivalry amongst the two tribes, like The Sharks vs. The Jets?

I may be confused about zombies, but I do know one thing: They are coming to get you, Barbara!

They are even DownUnder.

The Zombies have been busy packing their suitcases for their vacation on VooDoo Island

(In the event that our room number changes, no-one will be notified! Just follow the smell of Fresh Brains and Zombie Punch!)

On 2008-08-02 08:47, Tikirose wrote:
Will there be a shuttle bus from the hotel to the Bali Hai on Thursday night? If so, how does it work? Just hop on or do you need to buy a spot in advance?

Generally, you stagger out from the depths of the Bali Hai to find a bus waiting outside. You can then plop your alcohol-saturated carcass anywhere on the bus that has an empty seat and they will get you safely back to the hotel.

R

There will be ZOMBIES, oh yes there will!

T
T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 8:42 AM

I like turtles :lol:

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 8:48 AM
B

Do Zombies Like Turtles? and what the hail is Ghouligan's Hut???

R

On 2008-08-05 03:25, Mai Tai wrote:
So in all this chatter of Tiki Oasis, and room reservations, and room parties, and cool vending schtuff, I have NOT heard one word about the zombies! And I don't mean as in the libation. I mean the chase you down, eat your brain zombies! What will be in store for us as we immerse ourselves in a Voodoo Vacation on Zombie Island? Will there be slow moving zombies? Or fast moving zombies? Are slow moving zombies so slow moving because they are old farts? Are fast moving zombies just a bunch of bratty KoolKids? Is there a rivalry amongst the two tribes, like The Sharks vs. The Jets?

I may be confused about zombies, but I do know one thing: They are coming to get you, Barbara!

Very interesting questions ya got there Bill!

I'd imagine the Zombies that are fast moving are the ones that bit and ate the brains of crackheads, while the slow moving zombies....well......the old farts theory is pretty good, unless someone else can bring up a good point?

Rivalry tho? Hmmmmm.....

"You're ignorant!" - Barbara
that movie is a riot!

I've seen many REAL Zombies and I absolutely expect to see more at Oasis.

Contrary to popular belief, zombies do not come out at night. They can usually be seen stumbling around shortly after the sun comes up. Wandering around with glazed looks in their eyes not looking for fresh brains, instead moaning for something called "cof-E". I suggest avoiding them - its easy to get rid of them - they do not like bright light and loud noises. Most seem to wander off by mid morning but occasionally you will see one around noon or later. Luckily there is a cure - its a concoction who's main ingredient is "the hair of the dog". Other cures have been tested but HOD is the most effective. If you see a zombie - and they can be quite horrifying - point them quickly towards the bar and let the infection start all over!!

O
Otto posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 9:13 PM

On 2008-08-04 22:05, tikilands wrote:
I am encountering a problem when I am trying to checkout to purchase two tickets for the Zombie event. It keeps directing me to Page cannnot be displayed. Anyone else having this problem?

yes, we are having problems with our server

the good news is: the symposiums are not sold out cause NO ONE can buy tix!
if I can't get it up and running the remainder of tix will be for sale at the door on a first come first served basis

Munktiki mug/ticket combo is sold out but we will be selling the remaining Munktiki mugs on Friday evening on a first come first served basis, cash only, limit one mug per person.

The VIP tickets are also sold out.

ALSO, THE HOTEL IS SOLD OUT but we have an overflow hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites which is walking distance from the Hanalei
2485 Hotel Circle Pl. , San Diego, CA, US, 92108 | Phone: (619) 881-6200
booking link is not set up yet, if you call the hotel and they cannot offer you the Tiki Oais rate ask for Leeling.

[ Edited by: Otto 2008-08-05 21:14 ]

TT

Can we buy general admission tix at the door on thurs night? my credit card is maxed so cash would be easier if possible!

O
Otto posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 9:18 PM

On 2008-08-05 21:16, Tiki Trav wrote:
Can we buy general admission tix at the door on thurs night? my credit card is maxed so cash would be easier if possible!

yes, there will be a limited number of tix at the door. We usually hold out around 20 tix so if you purchase on Thursday you will be fine, Friday, iffy, Sat, probably not

TT

will most definately take 2 tix thurs night... thanks Otto

R

Hi All!

I just went to the tiki oasis symposium page and I was able to get past the checkout page to the page where you login to make your purchase. I believe that this means that the problem has been fixed. :o)

Please post of you are still having problems.

Thank you,

Melissa

B
BigToe posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2008 3:46 PM

i, for one, am not worried about the whole "brain-eating-zombie" issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXgRtDysLY

O
Otto posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2008 5:51 PM

On 2008-08-06 08:25, retrodiva wrote:
Hi All!

I just went to the tiki oasis symposium page and I was able to get past the checkout page to the page where you login to make your purchase. I believe that this means that the problem has been fixed. :o)

Please post of you are still having problems.

Thank you,

Melissa

Symposium tickets are now available again, sorry for the inconvenience - I hate websites!

also
Hotel rooms are all sold out but we have a good deal with a hotel about one block away

Comfort Inn & Suites
2485 Hotel Circle Place | San Diego, CA 92108

800-661-2832. The group code is 0808TIKI

If you have any problems ask for Leeling

http://www.comfortinnzoo.com

[ Edited by: Otto 2008-08-07 00:52 ]

On 2008-08-06 15:46, BigToe wrote:
i, for one, am not worried about the whole "brain-eating-zombie" issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoXgRtDysLY

That is fricken hilarious, BigToe!!! Thanks!

Myke

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 10:33 AM

Stop by and say "Howdy-loha"!

Baï and I have 2 nifty limited edition prints done up special for Tiki Oasis. Smaller format open edition prints will be available as well. Published by the kindly folk at thorstor.com.

And I'll have 3 spiffy new pendants and maybe a surprise or two!

Yer pal,
squid

On 2008-08-07 10:33, squid wrote:

Baï and I have 2 nifty limited edition prints done up special for Tiki Oasis. Smaller format open edition prints will be available as well. Published by the kindly folk at thorstor.com.

Yer pal,
squid

Me wants one of everything!!!! Even one of them cute French numbers! :)

[ Edited by: daves not home 2008-08-07 14:16 ]

B
BigToe posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 1:38 PM

Yer pal,
squid

What WHAT??? I am seeing rumors of SQUID merch here AND in TIKI MAGAZINE!!! can it be true????

JOOOOOY! RAAAAAPTURE!

i plan to get there early so i am not disappointed by a COMPLETE SELLOUT of Squid merch!!!

CA

dang... the count down is on! and the magic incantations for more time in a day are flowing like surf tunes from Big Tiki Dude's stereo...... If i get 50 of these guys by tomorrow the magic has been working!!

more details here if you need them....
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28620&forum=12&start=0

wonder if Squid has got any more time?

Great photo, Crazy Al! Yoo Doo The VooDoo!

As for our little combo...

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (aka the innocent victims stranded on Voodoo Zombie Island) will be performing our zippy, lovely, romantic, lively and fun brand of hapa haole Hawaiian tunes on Saturday, August 16 at Tiki Oasis.

2:00-3:00pm We'll be poolside at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Pull up a chaise lounge and slather on the tanning butter as you bask in our hot 'n sunny melodious melange.

6:00pm Join us as we take to the mainstage with a set of sweet as well as creepy new tunes, some of which which will appear on our upcoming new recording! Be the first to experience what we're cooking up (it's more than fish & poi!).

Be on the lookout for us at the various room parties, too. In fact, if you're hosting a room party, we'd love to play for you. Drop an e-mail or private message and let's make it happen!

Aloha and mahalo.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki 2008-08-07 16:53 ]

C

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am being lazy and don't want to go through 21 pages of posts. I am curious, what time can we start showing up at the hotel on Friday? I was thinking around noon but maybe I should hold off till later?

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 6:25 PM

On 2008-08-07 13:38, BigToe wrote:

Yer pal,
squid

What WHAT??? I am seeing rumors of SQUID merch here AND in TIKI MAGAZINE!!! can it be true????

JOOOOOY! RAAAAAPTURE!

i plan to get there early so i am not disappointed by a COMPLETE SELLOUT of Squid merch!!!

The rumors is true! And it's more like Joy and RUPTURE! I been workin' it hard in the Squidco Worldwide Research Laboratory Annex for nearly a century now to bring y'all some stuff. And I mean stuff! Should I post any of it, or do I leave you hanging in a cheap ploy to get yer assets into the Thor Stor? Hmmmmmm.....

Well if Dave's Not Home buys one of everything, then that leaves...um...carry the naught....times pie....divide by the square root of beer.... then there's still some fer you Mr Toe!

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Aug 7, 2008 6:27 PM

...what time can we start showing up at the hotel on Friday?

The party starts 6:45am Friday morning in Room 3974374-B. Bring swim flippers, 120 proof rum, peanut butter and earplugs.

Hi All!

Just another plug for the Zombie Makeup 101 seminar. The checkout links are working now and we are already over half full. There is still 3 days left to sign up for the class. Don't be the only zombieless kid on your block.

Melissa aka Miss Char

http://www.zombiepinups.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=39&page=1

MR

On 2008-08-07 16:52, weirduncletiki wrote:

The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (aka the innocent victims stranded on Voodoo Zombie Island) will be performing our zippy, lovely, romantic, lively and fun brand of hapa haole Hawaiian tunes on Saturday, August 16 at Tiki Oasis.

2:00-3:00pm We'll be poolside at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Pull up a chaise lounge and slather on the tanning butter as you bask in our hot 'n sunny melodious melange.

6:00pm Join us as we take to the mainstage with a set of sweet as well as creepy new tunes, some of which which will appear on our upcoming new recording! Be the first to experience what we're cooking up (it's more than fish & poi!).

Be on the lookout for us at the various room parties, too. In fact, if you're hosting a room party, we'd love to play for you. Drop an e-mail or private message and let's make it happen!

Aloha and mahalo.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

Sounds great!
Judd, stop by the Finkniks booth. I have something for you.

Aloha.... We are again doing our fun shuttle
on Thursday Aug 14th from the hotel to the Bali Hai

SAVE $ AND BE SAFE
THE $16 ROUNDTRIP IS LESS THAN A TAXI TO SHELTER ISLAND

EMAIL us for a rundown on times (it runs back and forth all
beginning at 4:30pm)

The 4:30 pm will make stops at 2 colorful tiki shops and we will also include a fruitful drink at one of the stops.

Look for us in the Hotel Lobby Thursday from 4pm - 615pm
The fun button on http://www.wheretours.com has more info

Have some fun out there!

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 8, 2008 5:44 PM

On 2008-08-07 16:52, weirduncletiki wrote:

-Weird Uncle Tiki

How bout a plug for the Uke Jam on sunday!?!

On 2008-08-07 18:27, Cammo wrote:
...what time can we start showing up at the hotel on Friday?

The party starts 6:45am Friday morning in Room 3974374-B. Bring swim flippers, 120 proof rum, peanut butter and earplugs.

Hey Cam, what's the peanut butter for? You bringing a little dog?

ALOHA FRIENDS,
shake off that nasty hangover from saturday night and come have a cocktail poolside with the martini kings from noon sharp til 1 pm.
special guest dancer and more suprises!
see ya there!!!

On 2008-08-08 17:44, Otto wrote:

How bout a plug for the Uke Jam on sunday!?!

Well, I didn't want to overwhelm everyone with all the wonderfulness at once! So, here goes...

Come on out for the annual session of Iuka Grogg's Ukulele Fantasy Camp! Wether you've never strummed or are a virtuoso, there's much fun to be had from 2-3pm in the atrium at the Crowne Plaza. It's free and all you need is a ukulele! Celebrity camp counselors, too! Many smiles, many smiles. Enjoy!

For the Thursday shuttle to the Bali Hai,
you can buy your tix ahead of time with a credit
card on line at

http://www.sandiegoperforms.com/ARTSTIX/onsale_today.html

scroll all the way down past the list of plays to get to the
Aug 14th Shuttle Listing.

We will also be in the Crowne Plaza lobby from 4pm to 6pm
and you will be able to get the tix when boarding the bus,
if available. Mahalo!

I could see myself speedswimming over the Atlantic and running across America to be able to join, buuuuuuut, it might be easier with an air-o-plane……!

– el Stingray –

B

I hope I set this up correct! It would be cool to have everyone link their photos on Flickr so after the event we can easily check out eachothers cool shots!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tikioasis/

Look forward to the fun times!

XOXO Baby Doe

B

Is there anyone coming from the HOLLYWOOD/LA area on Wednesday night to Tiki Oasis? We need something picked up from our goodie bag in this area (one mediums sized box) BUT to get it in the goodie bag we need it by Thursday morning in San Diego.

If you can do it e-mail me at: [email protected]

XOXO Baby Doe

D
DJLee posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2008 10:09 PM

I may have space in my car if someone wants to carpool to San Diego....I'm going to leave on Thursday late morning early afternoon (from Burbank) once I get up from sleeping in cuz Wednesday night is my Bigfoot Lodge gig...I also may be looking for someone to share my room. Contact me here: [email protected]

ALSO - I'm bringing a lot of CDs and 12"/7" vinyl to sell...surf and exotica stuff from Dionysus, Bacchus and a few Double Crown items. I'll also have the Robert Drasnin 7" picture disc (see Tiki Marketplace.)

My DJ set is on Saturday 3 pm - 6 pm.

Looking forward to this event and hanging with old and new pals....creating more amazing memories...blurry as they may be!!

:)

L

Yer pal,
squid

Hey Dave can we get a little peek at the new stuff?

TK

So I promised a sneak peak at the trophies.

I won't show them in their full glory until Oasis,

But,

Here is a glimpse of what went into making them...

It started with a small mountain of hand carved and painted Bones...

Add in fragments of Coffins pushed up out of the dirt by the living dead...

and who could resist a few shrunken heads...

ahh, yes, and a Voodoo doll or two...

topped off by a bit of humorous art..

Good luck to all who enter the contests!

Cheers!

Tiki King

http://www.tikiking.com Neat Tiki and Ukulele Stuff to see and buy
http://www.tikiking.com/idol Hear the King sing!

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2008-08-11 09:42 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 10, 2008 10:01 AM

On 2008-08-09 23:24, Tiki Teach wrote:
Hey Dave can we get a little peek at the new stuff?

Here ya go, Tiki Teach. Here's some more from the print he used in his ad.
Inqued by Squid and coloured by Bai.

Here's a bit from his other print inqued by Squid and coloured by Bai.

Here's part of the wax squlpt for one of the pendants.

Here's a picture of a chocolate bar because GROG like chocolate.

And here is a cute picture of a puppy.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-08-10 10:01 ]

O
Otto posted on Sun, Aug 10, 2008 1:04 PM

Hey Norcal Tiki folks!
We need assistance getting all this rum and syrups and other swag down to the hotel!

If anyone is in the Bay area and can swing by Alameda any time between now and Thursday morning, August 14 to help haul some hootch please contact me directly at

[email protected]
415-335-1624

do not PM me here as I may not get the message in time

S

Here's some more of the stuff I'll have at Oasis. I give you the first of 3 pendants. They are painted in various ghastly schemes for your amusement.

More soon...

MT

Okay, I have a couple of pieces of schwag that I'm willing to either sell or trade at Tiki Oasis.
First up, for the distinguished gentleman, an Enchanted Tiki Room Host Shirt in green, one in XL, one in XXL (models not included). What better way to make yourself look even more fabulous at Tiki Oasis?

Second, a bottle of Cask 23. Can you think of a better way to imbibe at Oasis? I think not! C'mon, you know you've always wanted to have one!

Lastly, a Forbidden Island Limited Edition Fugu mug. What better vessel to drink your Cask 23 out of while wearing your new green Enchanted Tiki Room Host Shirt?

Anyone interested can send me a PM, or look me up in the NorCal Suite, Room 1849. Cheers!

CA

What a specimen!! and only for $10 more then the Oasis event mug!! this introductory price is for Oasis shoppers only till supplies last. After the event the remainder of the edition of this glaze will be available to the World! see you in three days.

S

On 2008-08-11 01:30, Mai Tai wrote:
Okay, I have a couple of pieces of schwag that I'm willing to either sell or trade at Tiki Oasis.
First up, for the distinguished gentleman, an Enchanted Tiki Room Host Shirt in green, one in XL, one in XXL (models not included). What better way to make yourself look even more fabulous at Tiki Oasis?

Second, a bottle of Cask 23. Can you think of a better way to imbibe at Oasis? I think not! C'mon, you know you've always wanted to have one!

Lastly, a Forbidden Island Limited Edition Fugu mug. What better vessel to drink your Cask 23 out of while wearing your new green Enchanted Tiki Room Host Shirt?

Anyone interested can send me a PM, or look me up in the NorCal Suite, Room 1849. Cheers!

Bill, you're trying to make me go broke. Seriously.

Suzanne

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies