Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

Any more word on when the website will be up so we can get tickets and book rooms?

Matt,

Cool thing is that the whole hotel is ours....so there's no need to really worry whether or not we get a room!

O
Otto posted on Sat, Feb 2, 2008 9:11 PM

Hotel Booking for Tiki Oasis 8, Aug 14 - 17 was supposed to go up this weekend (Feb 1)

My apologies, it will probably be another week, but you guys will know first and there is no danger of the hotel or tickets selling out for a few months

so hang tight and look for a post from me some time late next week!

I can't friggin' wait.
I'm local, so I won't be staying, but the website looks promising.
My question is, how do I manage to participate in the room crawl without a room?
I think the hotel might frown on me and my girl setting up a drink stop in the hot tub.

ill just volunteer again for the weekend. so i can save my moola for tiki junk!

On 2008-01-31 18:36, Tiki Trav wrote:
This tiki oasis business will be the death of me... oh well..

Oh but what a way to go!

RR

On 2008-02-06 12:08, Surftikki wrote:
I can't friggin' wait.
I'm local, so I won't be staying, but the website looks promising.
My question is, how do I manage to participate in the room crawl without a room?
I think the hotel might frown on me and my girl setting up a drink stop in the hot tub.

You can always hook up with someone that has a room and host with them. It does cut down on the cost.

H

On 2008-02-02 21:11, Otto wrote:
Hotel Booking for Tiki Oasis 8, Aug 14 - 17 was supposed to go up this weekend (Feb 1)

My apologies, it will probably be another week, but you guys will know first and there is no danger of the hotel or tickets selling out for a few months

so hang tight and look for a post from me some time late next week!

Thanks for the update Otto!

K
Kolohe posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2008 3:40 PM

I will put in my request for vacation this week. I get 3 weeks this year so hopefully no one with more seniority bumps me that week.

O
Otto posted on Tue, Feb 12, 2008 11:30 PM

On 2008-02-06 18:17, tikithomas08 wrote:
ill just volunteer again for the weekend. so i can save my moola for tiki junk!

yes, volunteering is fun, saves you money, lets you be in with the in crowd and helps us out a bunch

There are lots of different volunteering opportunities and a few paid positions as well

We will post them to the Oasis site once we get everything else organized

cheers

http://www.tikioasis.com

It's been 8 days so should we start calling the hotel?

also...we will be releasing our 10th cd this year entitled "show of stars" - the martini kings team up with legendary guitarist king paris!
this will be a bit of an excursion for us as we test the waters in the wonderful world of surf music.
mahalo!!!!!!
the martini kings

WHO is this mysterious King Paris you speak of?? I will be there to witness
this performance even if I have to walk all the way to TIKI OASIS!!

O
Otto posted on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 11:51 PM

On 2008-02-20 18:56, danlovestikis wrote:
It's been 8 days so should we start calling the hotel?

Don't call the hotel. Although it is possible to book through the hotel they have requested that all Tiki Oasis guests go through the website so if you call the hotel I get in trouble.

The website will be working soon, please be patient, Thanks

Aloha all!

Otto was kind enough to give us a look at the finished Tiki Oasis 8 Mug, designed by Miles of Munktiki, that will be made available exclusively for TO8.

If you want to take a look, go to http://www.tikiblog.com to check it out.

The website is working...I just booked. :)

C
  • HAPPY DANCE *

I am booked and ready to party!

T

I just booked!!! I've been checking the website just about every day!! I can't wait to meet you all in person and be part of the zombie action!! Anyone counted how many days till August 14th?

J

On 2008-03-08 17:23, Tikirose wrote:
Anyone counted how many days till August 14th?

158!

T

Yeh we're all booked and can't wait to experience our first Oasis, been meaning to do it for years but never got there, there's always too much other kool stuff to go to in California, so this year will be just great! Look forward to meeting you all and catching up with old friends!!

T

Mr & Mrs Tikilands are booked and can not wait for Zombie fun!

Booked :tiki:

Booked.

O
Otto posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2008 12:15 AM

Hey! You guys beat me to my own website launch announcement!

I was away in Los Angeles at Disneyland and my webmaster launched the site "accidentally"

So, here goes the official announcement that room booking and ticket sales are open:

Tiki Oasis 8 online booking is now open
go to http://www.tikioasis.com
and click on reservations

Some of the entertainers are not listed because the deals have not been sealed, but rest assured, there is a FULL lineup of entertainment! We also have a full house of vendors and will list them on the site as they sign on.

Please book online and do not contact the hotel with questions about the event
If you have problems booking online or must follow up for any reason DO NOT CALL the number on the hotel website 800-972-2802

Call their local number 619-297-1101
or 800-882-0858 ask for in house group reservations or Ashley. Always ask if you are talking to the hotel or their national hotline. If you reach the national number just hang up on them immediately, the national hotline does not know anything about this event or group.

or email Ashley at
[email protected]

If you have problems with the Tiki Oasis website or suggestions for improvement please email me directly at
[email protected]

D

The " Morbid" room is booked and Tom is working on his new drink for the crawl.

hey otto, do you knwo around when youll have a list of positions to volunteer for up?

Has anyone booked a suite (one or two room) yet? I see the regular rooms are $165 per night. What are suites going for?

M

For info, I confirmed with Ashley (mentioned in Otto's message) that if you have the Priority Club membership with the hotel chain (and affiliated hotels like Holiday Inn), you can get points for the stay by showing your card at check-in. You can't use the points for free nights during the Oasis Weekend since its at a group rate, but if you're staying there anyway you can build up enough points for a free night somewhere else after 2-3 Oasis weekends (about 10 nights worth).

WhooooHooooo!!!!!! Just booked the suite!!! Look out people, Rumshaker and my hubby are throwin' a party!! Lapu-Lapu's anyone?

J

On 2008-03-11 13:53, tikiwinebear wrote:
Has anyone booked a suite (one or two room) yet? I see the regular rooms are $165 per night. What are suites going for?

I sent an email to Ashley to answer your question and here is her response:

"The suites I have left are a one bedroom lanai which is on the first floor by the pool, it is at $400 plus tax per night. I also have one or two bedroom tower suites, which are on the higher floors facing the golf course those are at $450 for the one bedroom and $550 for the two bedroom. Also, we do charge one nights deposit for the suites."

So Myke, if you book a suite, I want the first drink you pour as my research fee. :wink:
:drink:

M

On 2008-03-11 13:53, tikiwinebear wrote:

I already booked our ground floor suite for vending. They are awesome for that purpose. Can't wait!!

Can't wait,
this is gonna be a great year Entertainment wise.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks, JenTiki! We were thinking about hosting in a suite this year, but maybe we will wait for the suite for next year. The first drink will still be on me, JT! Thanks for checking..

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 11, 2008 11:56 PM

here is the post I sent to my email list. it contains some valuable hotel booking info so read the whole thing.

Tiki Oasis 8
Take a Voodoo Vacation on zombie Island*
is the theme for this year's Oasis weekender
thursday August 14 - sunday August 17
San Diego

As usual we are offering the top entertainment in the Tiki-Exotica-Lounge world
Voodoo night (aka Friday night) special appearance by none other than legendary "Voodoo" creator Robert Drasnin
http://www.myspace.com/drasnin

On Zombie Night (Saturday) right after the best dressed Zombie & Ghouls contest we will have a rare appearance of The Ghastly Ones
http://www.ghastlyones.com/

Of course we will also be offering a full house of high quality vendors and Exotica experts presenting educational symposiums. (Tickets for the symposiums are not available at this time. We will post then and announce them via this email list when they are ready).

Check the website for details. Site will be updated as additional information becomes available

The Tiki Oasis 8 site is a Flash website so may have to updated your Flash Player software
you can upgrade here:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Please keep in mind that all attendees, whether you are booked into the hotel or not, must have a ticket to attend Friday and Saturday nights events.

Hotel booking improvements
The standard room rate of $165/night is discounted over last year which was already a discount over regular summertime rates for the Crowne Plaza (and San Diego in general). Also, the hotel booking policy has been altered significantly to benefit you - the guest. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card upon booking, so book your room immediately. Like most standard hotel bookings, your credit card will only be charged after your stay (there will be a hold on the reservation amount upon check in). Even the cancellation fee period has been reduced to a two-week grace period:
Cancellations received after August 1, 2008 will be charged a cancellation fee of $330.00

The preferred method of booking is online but if all else fails you may call the hotel directly at 619-297-1101 or 800-882-0858 ask for in house group reservations, or Ashley.

(DO NOT call the general Crowne Plaza number listed on their website 800-496-7621)

The hotel has 8 suites - If you wish to book a suite please contact Ashley directly

Two (2) Night Minimum Stay required for rooms occupied on Friday & Saturday nights.

If you wish to book a specific room number you can make that request when you book online and it will be granted AS POSSIBLE but the only way to really secure that room is to book early and arrive early. If you are only staying Friday and Saturday then the earlier in the day on Friday that you arrive for check-in the more likely the chance you will be able to secure the room number you request. you can arrive at 8 am and check in even though you will not be able to get into the room until official check-in time of 4:00 pm. For guests arriving earlier than the check-in time or staying later than the check-out time, luggage storage will be offered. Check-out time is 12:00 pm.

Tiki Oasis is also seeking volunteers to help manage events. If you wish to volunteer please email me at: [email protected]

Hope to see you this summer!
Otto von Stroheim

My room is booked! This is gonna be another fun year at Tiki Oasis!

WHOOOOOOO....
I can't wait :D !!!

O
Otto posted on Sun, Mar 16, 2008 11:51 PM

Hanford will be there

On 2008-03-16 23:51, Otto wrote:
Hanford will be there

Damn you beat me to it.

wow I booked..... amazing

TG

Hi there,

So my 2 friends and I are attending Tiki Oasis this year for the first time, and we have some questions in regard to the tickets. Perhaps some wise T.O. veteran or Otto can provide some insight?

The $40 ticket gets you in to the Friday and Sat night events. We can attend the vending since we will be staying at the hotel. Any symposium we wish to attend will cost extra, yes?

The $110 is the same as the $40 ticket BUT you get a mug....right?

The $150 ticket gives you carte blanche to everything.

At this point I/we aren't sure if we want to attend ALL the symposiums (as they haven't all been posted yet obviously), or just want to pick a couple, or what. I'm afraid if I just get the $40 (or 110) ticket then I will miss out on some cool stuff, but if I splurge on the $150 and then don't end up attending it all I will feel guilty.

I'm sorry if these questions will be answered in the near future and I am in a hot hurry but I just want to get my tikis in a row, ya know?

Thank you, from a Tiki Oasis virgin :)

dina

M

Booked and ready to finally make it down for a TO...it's been years coming! Can't wait!!

O
Otto posted on Tue, Mar 18, 2008 12:32 AM

On 2008-03-17 13:22, Tiki Glam wrote:
At this point I/we aren't sure if we want to attend ALL the symposiums (as they haven't all been posted yet obviously), or just want to pick a couple, or what. I'm afraid if I just get the $40 (or 110) ticket then I will miss out on some cool stuff, but if I splurge on the $150 and then don't end up attending it all I will feel guilty.

This is a somewhat difficult and personal decision. I highly recommend the mug, so the $110 ticket is a no-brainer. the mug is the best keepsake from the event and it is collectable and it is cool. Did you see the pix on tikiblog.com?

As for the symposiums, that is true, you may not want to go to all of them. BUT the VIP pass entitles you to fast track line that allows you to show up at the last minute, get in a short line, and still get a good seat!!

so what is THAT worth to you?

On 2008-03-18 00:32, Otto wrote:

This is a somewhat difficult and personal decision. I highly recommend the mug, so the $110 ticket is a no-brainer. the mug is the best keepsake from the event and it is collectable and it is cool. Did you see the pix on tikiblog.com?

As for the symposiums, that is true, you may not want to go to all of them. BUT the VIP pass entitles you to fast track line that allows you to show up at the last minute, get in a short line, and still get a good seat!!

$110.00 :) 2X's

TG

"$110.00 :) 2X's"

Are you trying to say you've been twice, and both times got the $110 ticket and was happy???

:)

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
-Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Tiki Glam 2008-03-18 17:39 ]

TG

On 2008-03-18 00:32, Otto wrote:

Thank you Otto. I'm surprised nobody else has chimed in on this! That mug is SUPER cute, so at the very least I will prob go for the $110 ticket, but we'll see!

M

ya know you want it dina...the tiki mug that is. :wink:

I'm in like flynn. Going VIP all the way. Gonna soak up all that is tiki.

We are booked for our 3rd Tiki Oasis! Staying Sunday so we can enjoy all that San Diego has to offer, though we might be dragging after all the room crawls from the weekend. Anyone booked dinner reservations at Bali Hai for Thursday night yet? Last year we booked 1.5 hours before the event started so we had plenty of time for dinner and to grab a good seat at the event downstairs.

Thanks Otto! Looking forward to the announcement of the symposiums, times, and prices.

Aloha all!
Myke

B

TikiWineBear - you're the first person who has made mention of the Bali Hai event. I've never been to the TO before, but my sis and I are doing it up right! We have resies at BH but we're not sure what's going on there. Is there a private room with some activity happening? Please elaborate if possible. Thanks! Can't wait!

beadtiki,
Check out this alternate posting about the event at the Bali Hai during Tiki Oasis. I think you will get some information here.

See you there!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27745&forum=1&3

Myke

By the way, you can contact the Bali Hai at 619.222.1181

(edit - added Bali Hai phone number)

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2008-03-23 09:12 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies