Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

S

Russell is welcome to sit in with The Martini Kings. I'll be needing a Mai Tai break by second set.

And I thought Hukilau had a rockin' lineup of musicians!!!

H

Still have to dot some 'i's and cross some 't's, but... looks like I'm in! Got my tickets, got my room. Barring some someone shackling me to my desk here at work, I'll see you nuts in San Diego!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 23, 2008 6:36 PM

HUMU!!!!!!!!!!!

TL

Hurray!! she's back..

Here's are some, uh, "scary" images from the movie I'm hosting Saturday night, "I Eat Your Skin"

Poster when re-released with hippie gore flick "I Drink Your Blood" in the 70s (the reason it's called "I Eat Your Skin," original title is "Voodoo Island" hence inclusion in this year's Oasis):

Since it is also Elvis D-day I will be presenting a trailer reel mixing Elvis and zombie flicks before the feature. Monica Tiki Goddess and I will also be giving away lots of zombie crap from our house she'd love to get rid of. See ya there, aloha & TCB.

That Zombie Elvis looks like Jack Lord.

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jun 24, 2008 11:17 PM

On 2008-06-24 13:54, AquaZombie wrote:
Here's are some, uh, "scary" images from the movie I'm hosting Saturday night, "I Eat Your Skin"

Since it is also Elvis D-day I will be presenting a trailer reel mixing Elvis and zombie flicks before the feature. Monica Tiki Goddess and I will also be giving away lots of zombie crap from our house she'd love to get rid of. See ya there, aloha & TCB.

Well, that should provide a couple of ideas for folks who want to get dressed up for Friday night!

Looks like the Big Kahuna (er....Deluxe) pass is sold out!

That's a good thing in some regards.

T

That's great and I think it's time to get freakishly excited!!!!! 45 days! I've had a countdown calender on my desktop since it was 150 days :D Regarding the list of things to bring, what about drinking vessels? Is this the perfect time to break out the plastic tiki mugs? I imagine you need plastic at the pool and crawling with my favorite mug seems dangerous too. What about beach chairs? Anything else I wouldn't want to be without?

Any words on the symposium schedule? Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

M

We're still working on some of the logistics- I'm sure Otto will post soon!

T

On 2008-07-01 16:44, Tikirose wrote:
That's great and I think it's time to get freakishly excited!!!!! 45 days! I've had a countdown calender on my desktop since it was 150 days :D Regarding the list of things to bring, what about drinking vessels? Is this the perfect time to break out the plastic tiki mugs? I imagine you need plastic at the pool and crawling with my favorite mug seems dangerous too. What about beach chairs? Anything else I wouldn't want to be without?

Definitely need plastic by the pool. Security will boot you otherwise. In a very nice way mind you, but boot none the less.

On 2008-07-01 21:46, martiki wrote:
We're still working on some of the logistics- I'm sure Otto will post soon!

I just hope your symposium doesn't fall on my Room Crawl time....really looking forward to seeing and hearing your mad skills in action!

Voodoo Lounge Stories coming soon to a Tiki Oasis near you!

Two stories, three recipes, one tiki art cover.

Oooooh....gonna get me one of those Voodoo Story Booklets. I know one of the stories was read at my last VampTiki party and the crowd was mesmerized (those lushes!!!!) :D

Aloha all,

Take a sneak peek at the Grog Mugs and Double Mai Tai Glasses that are going to be available at Tiki Oasis 8.

The previews are available thanks to Otto at http://www.tikiblog.com.

Tikiblog

TF

Last year it seemed like regular mugs were cool poolside. Definitely no glass.

B

Please forward this to people who have cool businesses!! We need more people so we can pay for printing the program. THANKS!

++++++

This is your last call to soak up some southern exposure and brand awareness for your company at Tiki Oasis, the largest, longest-running Tiki Weekender in the world! Join our partners Voodoo Spiced Rum, Trader Vic's, SHAG, Luxuria Music, Tommy Bahama and others at our 8th annual event August 14th - 17th in sunny San Diego, CA. Tiki Oasis features a deluxe tiki-themed shopper's bazaar, live tiki carving, expert symposiums, movies, fashion show, bands, DJs, dancing, drinking, a ukulele jam and fun for the kiddies too. 2,000+ attendees from all over the globe gather in 1 place for 4 glorious days of fun in the sun! Talk about a captive audience...

This is your opportunity to reach a highly targeted segment of your potential customers...a large group of niche consumers who have disposable income to spend on just about anything tiki-related. Click to review our Tiki Oasis 8 sponsorship and ad package (vendor marketplace is SOLD OUT...thanks to all participants!). Product sampling available too. Don't miss out! Our very affordable ad rates are as follows:

$175 - Half-page ad, BW (5X4)
$250 - Full-page ad, BW (5X8)
$300 - Inside front cover, Color (5X8) - 2 available
$350 - Back cover, Color - (5X8) SOLD OUT

Art and materials deadline is this Friday July 11th! Please contact me directly ASAP for best placement. We're looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing you represented this year at our event.

Christi Crowe
FLAG Marketing
Fight Like A Girl!
[email protected]
(323) 466-5830
http://www.flagmarketing.com

Representing Tiki Oasis, the largest, longest-running Tiki Weekender in the world!
August 14th - 17th, 2008 in San Diego, CA
Info: http://www.tikioasis.com

Alas- I won't be able to make it this time, but I'm sending my stand-in calavera via Fedex to THOR'S room.
Just keep him away from the rum, it goes right through him...

Y'er Mermaid in a manhole,

Marina

T

On 2008-07-06 08:58, Tiki Fink wrote:

Last year it seemed like regular mugs were cool poolside. Definitely no glass.

Might be luck of the draw, but we got the boot with our ceramic mugs. The guy was exceedingly nice about it, but we were told only plastic by the pool.

"by the pool" or "in the pool"? I guess anything inside the fence is "by". As for the crawl that is entirely at your own risk!

On 2008-07-07 18:55, babydoe wrote:
(A)large group of niche consumers who have disposable income to spend on just about anything tiki-related.

Oh is THAT who we are! I'll have you know that there are plenty of Tiki-related things I wouldn't buy :D

Got confirmation from Otto,
Kristena(TikiTena) and I will be DJing Exotica and Surf by the pool on Sun.
from 1 to 4 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Jul 10, 2008 7:36 AM

re. Plastic Poolside Party Poopers

I'll be sitting around the pool drawing Tiki faces on plastic tumblers for anybody who wants one. Try it, yewl like it! It actually works; black & brown sharpies look great on plastic and you can work your name into it to avoid the "...which is my cup???" syndrome.

T

I will just use my plastic Tiki mug from LaLa Bahooka. Should work just fine.

TF

Just a reminder..

Voodoo Sounds For Breakfast on Saturday mornin'. Come on by and give me your secret voodoo handshake and drink some breakfast with me.

T.F.

On 2008-07-10 07:36, Cammo wrote:

I'll be sitting around the pool drawing Tiki faces on plastic tumblers for anybody who wants one. Try it, yewl like it! It actually works; black & brown sharpies look great on plastic and you can work your name into it to avoid the "...which is my cup???" syndrome.

Nice! This idea could make you a mint!! I will be by...

C

Haole -

I'm not charging for it, just doodling fer fun.... pumpin' that aloha spirit all over everybody...

So last year I made five trophies for Oasis 7…

Best Decorated Room
Best Dressed Wahine
Best Dressed Kane
Best Dressed Keiki
Best Vendor Booth

Here is what they looked like…

We are doing it again this year with an added category,
Drum roll.......

Best Dressed couple!
So start getting your costumes and decorations together, and
stay tuned for some sneak previews of this years trophies!
(I am working on them now….)

Cheers!
Tiki King

M

I'll be sure to search you out! :)

B

OOOO dave Lozeau and i are gonna take the 'best dressed couple' award for Suuuuure.

I'll be sitting around the pool drawing Tiki faces on plastic tumblers for anybody who wants one. It actually works; black & brown sharpies look great on plastic and you can work your name into it to avoid the "...which is my cup???" syndrome.

Hey Cammo, I think I found one of your cups in one of my coolers a couple weeks ago. Here it is:

Can't remember where it came from or how it came into my possession

Looks like that clown Ruzic signed it too. Hope that doesn't hurt the value.

I'll be sipping out of my mong all weekend.
Buzzy Out!

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Jul 11, 2008 6:19 AM

Um, that isn't exactly the best example of ... I mean, usually I do better work than... like, I must have been really drunk when... where did you get that???... ah,

oh crap, it's KENNIE'S FAULT!

Buzzy, if you promise to destroy that one ceremonially I'll make you a better one at Oasis!

Hi Otto,
A while ago you said there will:

Quote:

" be a singles meeting/event within the Tiki Oasis event TBA. "

Do you have any further details on this?

Thanks

O
Otto posted on Sun, Jul 13, 2008 3:53 PM

On 2008-07-13 14:04, Miss-Darko wrote:
Hi Otto,
A while ago you said there will:

Quote:
" be a singles meeting/event within the Tiki Oasis event TBA. "

Do you have any further details on this?

Thanks

I had hoped that someone would take this on and be in charge of organizing it but I have been unable to get someone.

I recommend that someone who is interested in it just throw a room party and we let everyone know that it is for singles and post a sign at the door.

Another option is that I have meeting rooms available and it could be in a neutral location but I would not be able to organize anything beyond providing a room with requested amount of chairs and tables and a water station. I cannot provide decor, drinks, signage, etc.

If you know someone who wants to throw this party let me know and i would be gald to talk to them and work out the details,
cheers
Otto

S

On 2008-07-09 09:09, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! wrote:
Alas- I won't be able to make it this time, but I'm sending my stand-in calavera via Fedex to THOR'S room.

Marina

Hey Marina! On behalf of the entire Tikiyaki Orchestra and anyone who has ever seen you perform I give a great big :( How about next year?

Aloha All - I just spoke with Otto and we were going over room and ticket status for Tiki Oasis. There are approximately 70 rooms left at the Hanalei Crowne Plaza hotel so if you want to stay where the event is taking place make your reservations. Also, we have only sold about 335 tickets for the event and just in case of any confusion I just wanted to let everybody know that you need a ticket to come to the event. The tickets are $40 and cover both nights and they are available online at tikioasis.com and also at the event - we will have wristbands that you must wear at the event and the security crew will not admit anyone that doesn't have one. So get your ticket early and avoid any hassles later - that way you can get over to the bar and grab a Mai Tai.

Jim Giddings

30 days away!

I'm not sure if I posted on this thread yet... maybe ages ago... But I'm counting the days now. Only a month to go!!! Mike & I will be there vending velvets. I'm going to try and post some before the event for a sneak peek.

Heather

Looking forward to seeing your latest.
Any vendors out there in a bartering mood this year? (I'm always down with trading merch).
Cheers.

On 2008-07-14 16:27, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
Mike & I will be there vending velvets.

Oh, hell yes!

Any word on when symposium tickets will go on sale? If we have the Deluxe pass, we still need to purchase the Zombie symposium, is this correct? Thanks. Can't wait!!

T

How's the symposium list coming? It was supposed to be up today, if I recall

To further get yourself ready for Oasis 8, I recommend reading "Monster Island" by David Wellington. It's the first of a trilogy and is very well written. A great summer read! You can read it here http://www.brokentype.com/monster/000263.html, but having the book in your hand is much easier.

just bought my ticket!!

I

I'm gonna be there...... one way or another...

On 2008-07-13 22:52, squid wrote:

On 2008-07-09 09:09, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! wrote:

Marina

Hey Marina! On behalf of the entire Tikiyaki Orchestra and anyone who has ever seen you perform I give a great big :( How about next year?

I second that :( :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies