Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

From the Tiki Oasis Myspace Page:

SAVE THE DATE: August 14-17, 2008 join us in San Diego for the eighth Tiki Oasis weekender! Experience top Exotica and Surf bands, the best DJs in the country spinning vintage vinyl, vendors selling unique Tiki trinkets and idols, relax poolside or dance the night away. Come and enjoy three nights and three days of fun in the sun!

Tickets & hotel booking available in January.

What's Happenin'
We are planning appearances by some big name acts that have never performed at Oasis before, as well as return engagements from your old favorites (no one has been sigend so we can't drop nameds yet). For the full Tiki Oasis experience we recommend you check into the hotel and don't check out til theparty is over.

Warm up for the weekend on Thursday with a pre-party at the historic Bali Hai restaurant on Shelter Island. Spend the day Friday at the Tiki Oasis Voodoo lagoon and pool and in the evening join the poolside party with a full night of live entertainment. Roam freely between live carvers, indoor/outdoor shopping bazaar, and educational symposiums all day Saturday at the Crowne Plaza hotel. After dark you will be drinking, and seeing, Zombies and other Ghastly Ones during a full night of onstage Tiki terror. Still standing? Return to the saftey of your room party or catch an after hours film. If you survive all that - Chill out on Sunday with Iuka Grogg's Fantasy Ukulele Camp jam session and workshop, go shopping in our poolside bazaar featuring over forty vendors or take in one of our educational Experts Symposiums!

http://www.tikioasis.com/

hope its dark and spooky.....
:)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-04-12 13:45 ]

Hi

We are just trying to sort out next year with a few friends and have hopefully decided to do the Oasis (work depending) and have been on the phone to Crowne Plaza in San Diego and they have told me it is sold out already, is this true? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or are you all really organised and booked already? Does anybody know of any spare rooms? If you could let us know, that would be great.
Thanks.
Sue and Dave.

[ Edited by: TIKIWAGON 2007-11-13 12:17 ]

J

Otto books the entire hotel ahead of time. They are saying they are sold out because they are not allowed to sell the rooms until packages have been worked out, etc. He will post information when the hotel is ready to take your reservations.

Notice the line in the first message on this thread that says: "Tickets & hotel booking available in January."

Patience friends.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-11-13 12:23 ]

Hi

Thanks for that, and sorry, just on a mission tonight to get things organised, as need to sort out time off of work in advance!
Hope to see you all then.
Sue and Dave.

MT

Yeah, the rooms are all blocked off for those dates at Oasis . When Otto makes it available, you will book your rooms only through the Tiki Oasis website. If you try booking on your own, the rooms will show up as blocked or unavailable to the reservation people at the hotel, so they will assume that those dates are already sold out. And besides, Otto works out a special deal for us Oasis attendees, so you will get a way cheaper room rate by booking through the website than trying to book on your own, especially during the summer.

Good to see that you are excited about going to Tiki Oasis, though. This year is going to be a great one, and I think we are all looking forward to it. Several of us have big plans for Oasis this year! See ya there!

August is a hard time for us in the UK to get off work - all the people with kids want it, as it's the school vacations, so those of us who work with people with kids are all keen to plan ahead of them and stake first claim for time off!!!!!

We will have patience, nonetheless... and plan our invasion over mai tais in London's Trader Vics this Saturday :)

count us in, playing or not we are there!
i must admit this does sound very spooky however....
the martini kings

I plan on staying at the hotel this year and hosting. Really looking forward to it and love the theme. :D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! TIKI OASIS! CANNOT WAIT! WHOOOOOOOOPee!

Time to start planning for Oasis again? Waaahoooo!
(as in Chief Wahoo not the fish)

Can't wait to get back out to Cali. It's winter here and I can't believe I decided to stay in PA til spring.

The Fink-Niks will be there in force selling , smootching , drinking and enjoying all there is to enjoy .

TT

I really hope to see you all again at Oasis 08!!!
it may just spell financial ruin but im gonna give it a shot!
I really should join a frequent flyers program..

Spooky is right up my alley.
And zombies! Whoooo, don't get me started on zombies :D

They're delicious...AND, they eat brains!!!!!

Can't wait for this years Oasis! Last year was my first, and I had a blast. This years will be even better, knowing a bit more about what to expect. And all the extra events within the event.

:drink: I'm getting my brain suckin' straw ready!

On 2007-11-13 14:39, martini kings wrote:
count us in, playing or not we are there!
i must admit this does sound very spooky however....
the martini kings

The Martini Kings playing poolside was a sublime highlight of our personal T.O.7 experience. A repeat is well in order, eh Otto?

Cheers!

Me & the Mrs. Tiki Joe's Pop

S

On 2007-11-13 12:51, Mai Tai wrote:
Good to see that you are excited about going to Tiki Oasis, though. This year is going to be a great one, and I think we are all looking forward to it. Several of us have big plans for Oasis this year! See ya there!

...Big Plans, eh? Do we get some hints, Mai Tai?

I'm already looking forward to Oasis 8! I'll see you kids there!

Suzanne

CL

You'll be included Miss Suzanne. :wink: I'll defer to Mai Tai...but this year's theme is going to be off the hook. I'm so looking forward to it.

Rumor has it

Rob Zombie

will be headlining!!

Gnarley Dude!

On 2007-11-25 17:35, RevBambooBen wrote:
Rumor has it

Rob Zombie

will be headlining!!

Gnarley Dude!

If I didn't know you I'd be freaking out right now.
now I'm just bummed out.
that would be bad ass.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TF

Great theme this time! Can't wait for this one.

T.F.

On 2007-11-25 19:04, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2007-11-25 17:35, RevBambooBen wrote:
Rumor has it

Rob Zombie

will be headlining!!

Gnarley Dude!

If I didn't know you I'd be freaking out right now.
now I'm just bummed out.
that would be bad ass.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

DITTOOOOO

Dead I am the one, Exterminating son
Slipping through the trees, strangling the breeze
Dead I am the sky, watching angels cry
As they slowly turn, conquering the worm

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dead I am the pool, spreading from the fool
Weak anmd want you need, nowhere as you bleed
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Do it baby, Do it baby
Do it baby, Do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dead I am the life, dig into the skin
Knuckle crack the bone, 21 to win
Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry
Devil on your back, I can never die

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Do it baby, Do it baby
Do it baby, Do it baby
Burn like an animal

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Dig through the ditches,
Burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula

Voodoo Zombie theme huh...

I found this description...

"Voodoo zombies were once normal people, but underwent zombification by or voodoo sorcerer, through spell or potion. The victim then dies and becomes a mindless automaton, incapable of remembering the past, unable to recognize loved ones and doomed to a life of miserable toil under the will of the zombie
master"

I know I felt like a voodoo zombie as I was going through the shopping area at the Oasis.

We have the time off from work booked. This new issue of Tiki Magazine has an article on Tiki Oasis 7. Dan and I had fun finding ourselves in the photo with the band on stage. We are the couple at the bottom of the photo to the side of the pole. The shows were great, tons of fun tiki to buy, a million friends to visit with, oh yeah the room parties were far out, rad, trippin, cool, all that sort of stuff, Wendy

Who else sees themselves in the photo?

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-12-10 15:15 ]

C

"Who else sees themselves in the photo?"

I am not totally positive but I think I see my husband and I. We are up at the top of the crowd, standing under the two tiki torches. I think my arms are folded and I am in a orange dress while he is wearing dark colored shirt with a light stripe down the chest. I know that is a spot where we stood for a long time during the show and it does look like us in the magazine. Hard to tell though.

When I got the mag a few days ago I told hubby "hey, look, we are in Tiki Magazine!"

my mug collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157600099360996/

[ Edited by: catmomma 2007-12-10 16:59 ]

A good friend of mine and yours(artist:Derek Yaniger)is making the poster for the event. I have a sketch that I saw on the internet. Hope you like,you freaks of teak's!!!!!!!

I own the original that this was based off of.

Derek,has mad tiki skills

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2007-12-13 12:38 ]

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2007-12-13 13:06 ]

I

Tiki Oasis 8? hmmmmmm.
COTE
Not planning.
But we are scheming.

R

Sweet! Can't wait for Oasis 8, this time I am totally going no matter what! :D

Can we book Otto?

On 2008-01-02 15:07, danlovestikis wrote:
Can we book Otto?

:: Any preference or pre-release notices for frequent-tiki-flyers?

K

We will be heading back to San Diego and bringing some of our own
New York Zombie flavor ("I Am Legend" was mostly filmed in our 'hood)

Can't wait to see all the ohana again! Send us some Cali sunshine!

Hey, can the theme for Tiki Oasis 2009 be "Tiki Chihuahua's"?

Kaula Tiki and I will be unveiling our new drink for the Room Crawl:

"THE VOO DOO KITTY"

In keeping with the theme, it will contain "Voo Doo Rum".

Cheers!

You quiero Tiki!!!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2008 10:51 PM

On 2008-01-07 17:49, CheekyGirl wrote:

"THE VOO DOO KITTY"

I'm working on getting Voodoo Rum as a sponsor, as well as Voodoo Tequila!

Otto,
are we able to reserve rooms yet? If so who do we talk too. Sorry for all the questions but this will be my first ride on the tiki oasis boat. I will be creating my own poison for the show called VOODOOVILLE..
It taste great but only 2 out of 3 people lived past the taste test,so I still have some work to do....

Keep that elbow at a 45!!!!!! DIG?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

AWESOME ART BY MY HERO DEREK!!!!!!!!

Corona Contessa and myself will be hosting and serving our original recipe called the.....

:tiki: :drink: :tiki: ZOMBINI :tiki: :drink: :tiki:

It will be lightweight, so you can safely crawl to the next bar. :lol:

I'm perfecting the recipe for the "Chupacabra" for TO
Made with Rum, Tequila, Jagermeister and some secret ingredients.

One sip and you have an irresistible desire to suck the blood of goats!

On 2008-01-11 12:33, Wildsville man wrote:
Otto,
are we able to reserve rooms yet? If so who do we talk too. Sorry for all the questions but this will be my first ride on the tiki oasis boat. I will be creating my own poison for the show called VOODOOVILLE..
It taste great but only 2 out of 3 people lived past the taste test,so I still have some work to do....

Keep that elbow at a 45!!!!!! DIG?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

AWESOME ART BY MY HERO DEREK!!!!!!!!

O.K. Now We have a problem!!!!!! The third person isn't dead anymore!!! He is undead!!!! What should I do?
He's coming at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zombie Action Ooooooh

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-13 18:43 ]

I am keeping an eye on the 2008 Oasis Tiki Blog it has good updates. :)

I am really excited to see "Exotica music expert DJ Jeff Chenault presents the history of Exotica music with an emphasis on Robert Drasnin" is on the agenda. I haven't seen that presentation, so really looking forward to it. :music:

Wow, Otto, hope you are able to get Voodoo Rum to sponser...maybe we can get some of those fabulous tequila bottles in California. :D

Aloha all. I just posted an exclusive preview of the Munktiki Mug that will be made available at TO8. Go to http://www.tikiblog.com to take a look.

Donn of the Dead Beachcomber!

Scary Voodoo!

This O8 gonna be good!

T

dAMN that zombie mug is straight killer

aloha fellow tiki enthusiasts,
the martini kings are really lookin forward to tiki oasis this year and hopefully otto will request us by the pool again.
we love playing near the water! it keeps us on our toes- the constant fear of electricution!
also...we will be releasing our 10th cd this year entitled "show of stars" - the martini kings team up with legendary guitarist king paris!
this will be a bit of an excursion for us as we test the waters in the wonderful world of surf music.
mahalo!!!!!!
the martini kings

O
Otto posted on Mon, Jan 28, 2008 9:08 AM

On 2008-01-21 20:23, martini kings wrote:

the martini kings are really lookin forward to tiki oasis this year and hopefully otto will request us by the pool again.

Yes, while everyone else is safely inthe pool (zombies can't swim, right?) The Zombie Kings, featuring the former members of the Martini Kings who will be sacrificed onstage in a Voodoo ritual hosted by witchdoctor Crazy Al, will perform poolside on Saturday

On 2008-01-10 22:51, Otto wrote:

On 2008-01-07 17:49, CheekyGirl wrote:

"THE VOO DOO KITTY"

I'm working on getting Voodoo Rum as a sponsor, as well as Voodoo Tequila!

Fabulous Otto! The Voo Doo Kitty" is almost complete. It's bright green, like the evil possessed eyes of a cat, contains the some of the native juices of Haiti: Mango & Papaya along with a good measure of Voodoo Rum...it's quite tasty!

Perhaps I should prepare shots of my "Lilly Munster"? I created it at a bar in St. Pete last year just after the passing of Yvonne DiCarlo.

TT

This tiki oasis business will be the death of me... oh well..

J

But what a way to go! :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies