Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies

B
  1. Squid, please reserve me a green TO8 Skull. must have
  2. Suz, how much for the dress WITH model (the saucy little blong minx)...tee hee
  3. Crazed One: please reserve me one o'those skulls. must must must have.

thanks! tom

On 2008-08-11 00:13, squid wrote:
Here's some more of the stuff I'll have at Oasis. I give you the first of 3 pendants. They are painted in various ghastly schemes for your amusement.

More soon...

Can't wait to see more

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2008-08-11 16:29 ]

LOVE the Tips bowl!
Squid Rules!
Dave's not home Drools!
bummed i can't go!
Y'all have a ton-o-fun
y'hear?

Anyone in OC/Orange on Wednesday
who wants to visit the LLT studio
shoot me a PM....
tons of art at affordable prices!

and don't miss the Bamboo Ben art show Thursday night if you're around Huntington beach then!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28590&forum=17&start=0&39

On 2008-08-11 11:13, BigToe wrote:

1. Squid, please reserve me a green TO8 Skull. must have
  2. Suz, how much for the dress WITH model (the saucy little blong minx)...tee hee
  3. Crazed One: please reserve me one o'those skulls. must must must have.

thanks! tom

Toe - reserve me one of your....on second thought, never mind

S
squid posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2008 5:21 PM

Here are the prints that Bai and I have whooped up fer ya!

Up first is "LAST CALL @ VOODOO VILLAGE" 15 x 15 image, giclee on watercolor paper. Edition of 20. $65.00

There will also be 10 x 10 image, double matted mini-prints for $20. Open edition.

Next up is "PSYCHOTICA". 12 x 16.5 image, giclee on watercolor paper. Edition of 20. $65.00

There will also be 8 x 10 image, double matted mini-prints for $20. Open edition.

And we'll have some more surprises! Keep yer eyes peeled!

OMG, Squid! I so gotta have one of those necklaces! And Al, I've said it before, but that skull is AMAZING! I'm so going broke later this week.

On 2008-08-09 13:59, babydoe wrote:
I hope I set this up correct! It would be cool to have everyone link their photos on Flickr so after the event we can easily check out eachothers cool shots!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/tikioasis/

Look forward to the fun times!

XOXO Baby Doe

Cool! I just joined! thanks.....I like to take lotsa pictures!

On 2008-08-11 17:21, squid wrote:
Here are the prints that Bai and I have whooped up fer ya!

Up first is "LAST CALL @ VOODOO VILLAGE" 15 x 15 image, giclee on watercolor paper. Edition of 20. $65.00

There will also be 10 x 10 image, double matted mini-prints for $20. Open edition.

Next up is "PSYCHOTICA". 12 x 16.5 image, giclee on watercolor paper. Edition of 20. $65.00

Dang, my eyes are peeled already...I want everything! Excellent Bai & Squid, the pendants are to kill for too! I see the Squidster hat made it's way on to a Zombie! nice touch....

There will also be 8 x 10 image, double matted mini-prints for $20. Open edition.

And we'll have some more surprises! Keep yer eyes peeled!

On 2008-08-11 09:13, crazy al wrote:

What a specimen!! and only for $10 more then the Oasis event mug!! this introductory price is for Oasis shoppers only till supplies last. After the event the remainder of the edition of this glaze will be available to the World! see you in three days.

Al! your crazy dude! I'm marking my have to have list... Hold me one Pleassseeeeee........

Some of the stuff I will have for Oasis.

"Eye of the Tiki"
Original drawing plus limited edition (25) prints matted.

"Mysterious tiki X"
Limited edition prints (25)

"More Rum"
Original drawing plus limited edition (25) prints

"Creature from the island of pagan delights"
Limited edition (100) prints

Stacey will have her jewelry on hand as well.

Plus lots more new and old stuff.

We have a Lanai suite this year so get out of the heat and stop by.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers!
Doug

T

"Eye of the Tiki" is a great one. Tons of detail for a pencil drawing. Would make a cool shifter knob.

I got some of my velvets posted this morning here (scroll down):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26675&forum=18&start=15

I'm brining 23 pieces, starting at 5" x 7" in the $120 range to $600+ for the big ones.

Journey of the Sun God

Can't wait to see everybody at Tiki Oasis!!!!

Ok I'm performing a fly routine @ Bardot a gogo...

Flys like Zombies

ok now I'm getting really stoked for Oasis.

I just came home from the Hi Time and Bev Mo, with about 8 bottles rum.
no not all for me.
:wink:

just a heads up.
on Sun. afternoon, right after the Martini Kings.
Kristena(tiki tena) and I will be spinning surf and exotica from 1 pm to 4 pm.
hope ya'll can hang around before heading out, and kick bcak by or in the pool and dig the tunes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

im wayy stoaked for oasis, ill be at warped tour all day thursday, then ill head on down to the bali hai for some more music. gonna be a blast!

Oh yeah! I meant to post these before too. Jewelry & Accessories from Classic Hardware. These are just a few, I'll have a bunch there. Prices start around $30 for accessories, $60-70 for necklaces. Plus I'll also have some Happy Chi necklaces in the $30-$50 range. Oh! And only 8 pairs of my handmade bamboo earrings. We sold out last year.

Necklace

Belt Buckle

Vanity Case

Card Case

Wallet Case

On 2008-08-13 00:30, bigtikidude wrote:
ok now I'm getting really stoked for Oasis.

I just came home from the Hi Time and Bev Mo, with about 8 bottles rum.
no not all for me.
:wink:

just a heads up.
on Sun. afternoon, right after the Martini Kings.
Kristena(tiki tena) and I will be spinning surf and exotica from 1 pm to 4 pm.
hope ya'll can hang around before heading out, and kick bcak by or in the pool and dig the tunes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Anyone spinning early Sunday a.m. poolside like last year?

That was very relaxing!

See ya'll soon.

Da Boo's.

Burlesque As It Was is hosting a suite party this year...the Marie Laveau Cabaret- a voodoo den and burlesque cabaret, opening after the main show, Friday and Saturday. Check out the continuous Burlesque perfomance and gogo dancing, on the 'World's Smallest Burlesque Stage' all to a tiki and voodoo soundtrack. You'll have to make friends with a burlesque girl to get Marie's invitation card (or bribe the door girl!)!

Friday afternoon, meet and greet with us at our poolside room- we'll have a couple pitchers of tropical tiki libations to welcome you, and if you're lucky...we'll give you an entry card for the Cabaret!

Saturday afternoon, Vivienne VaVoom, Fannie Spankings, Honey Touche and Lexy Demure will teach Tahitian dance lessons 12:30-1:30 at the Grand Pacific Room!

Also we'll have a table at the market full of kick-ass crafts (voodoo dolls, hair flowers, decorative fans, and more), totally awesome t-shirts, and elegant 8x10s. Visit us!

I almost got a spot for vending this year, but decided I wanted to be more involved in the room crawls (helping host and actually crawling). But, as per several requests, I have available a few sets of TWB Fishnet Float earring and pendants, in various colors. Please ask about these, as they will only be available during our hosting time (Friday, 2-3:30); I am co-hosting with croe67 and Skitiki this year. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the earring / pendant sets, but this will give you an idea of the earrings. (picture courtesy of Grog from Tiki Wonderland event last year)

This year I also have prototypes of my new "Rear-view mirror Fishnet Float hangers", made from rubber so it won't crack your windshield. I have a few of these available in 6 different colors: hot pink, yellow, orange, peacock blue, green, and purple. And for those who didn't get one of the original TWB Fishnet Float pendants made with a glass orb, I will have a smaller version available in our crawl room, in many different colors.

If you miss me at Tiki Oasis, I will be offering these at the Forbidden Island Parking Lot sale, Sept 14!

See you at Tiki Oasis 8!!
Aloha,
Myke

B

I posted this in Tiki Marketplace originally.

But just in case you missed...

Hey just wanted everyone to know that Team Tiki Tees will be doing another shirt in time for Oasis.
We will have Guys Tees and Girls Tanks. The design will have metallic foil on the hi-lites of the painting on front,
and a foil neck print also. There will also be a custom bar coaster hang tag with her art on it. I believe the shirts will be $20

Here's a sample of the art...
![](http://biffinc.com/Heather Watts Drummer Shirt Comp.jpg)

![](http://biffinc.com/Heather Watts Drummer Shirt Neck Bug.jpg)

Also Doug will be selling the remaining stock of the first shirt we did for Tiki Caliente
![](http://biffinc.com/Tiki Caliente Shirt Front Comp.jpg)
![](http://biffinc.com/Blowfish Comp.jpg)

TF

San Diego or BUST here we come TO8!!!

Come by the Finknik booth and say hey. I'll have some prints, shirts and paintings available.
Original and prints of this one I'm calling it Voudon.

Thats Crazy Al in 2 days!

CA

ya... nice... that me after i produced this VooDoo Skull!! i wanted to have this guy come in at this price for an edition of 100... but the production cost was too steep when all said and done... so, for all the 'die'-hard folks that can make it to Oasis you get this first 50 of 100 @ $80.

Only ONE PER PERSON while supplies last... thanks for all the great support.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28620&forum=12&57

Hadn't thought about the Crazy Al resemblance. Must relate voodoo and Al in my sub-conscious or something.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

S

As a first-time Tiki Oasis attendee, I have a quick question: I'll be attending both the Friday and Saturday night events, but won't be staying at the hotel (I'm fortunate enough to live near the venue). I see the evening festivities start at 6 PM. Is food served at the shows, or should I eat dinner beforehand? I assume there will be drinks, but definitely don't want to imbibe on an empty stomach.

Thanks - very much looking forward to celebrating with everyone!

Jeff

There's a restaurant at the hotel and sometimes they have grills set up outside as well.
Still it may be a good idea to eat something first. Depending on how much you intend to drink there may not be ENOUGH food.
Cheers.

C

I am a local too but I am staying at the hotel for the fun of it. I suggest eating prior to showing up. I am actually going to run home in the afternoon and load up on snacks. We ate once at the hotel last year and were not all that impressed.

WooHoo! The SoccerTiki Mobile is packed (to the Max) and ready to go. Viva Tiki Oasis 8!!

Oh good , Soccertiki brought his vanity makeup mirror . Remember last year when he forgot it and sat the whole weekend in his room pouting .

S

Thanks for the advice re: eating beforehand. We'll make sure to do so. Looking forward to the festivities!

Jeff

I'm bringing all of my food this year. Too much time was wasted, waiting to sit and be served and it really cut into my drinking and being an asshole time.

T

Here's the page with some mugs for Oasis!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29476&forum=12&0

Can't wait!!!!! See you all there!

Here is a sample of some of my ceramics I will be selling on Saturday.

On 2008-08-14 14:22, johnnievelour wrote:
Here is a sample of some of my ceramics I will be selling on Saturday.

JohnnieVelour=surprise special guest vendor? Think I need another blood bowl!!

B

YES!... It turns me on to see all of this killa "hand built", and "thrown" clay work... There's just nothing like the feel of a hand built mug...bravo Tony and Johnnie!

Saw a great little article in the San Diego Weekly Reader today...here is the same article online...

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2008/aug/13/hilite/

See all you kiddies there!

Peace

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-08-14 17:07 ]

Johnnievelour's the one that got me loving the Tiki bowls. I own two of his bests.... although that new stuff looks pretty sweet! Can't wait to see it in person

C

just got home from checking in and setting up my room. I got 8th floor above the stage, woohoo! If you see the balcony with the 4 Hawaiian sarongs on it and a few drunk girlies one is probably me. Heading back down to the hotel when my hubby gets home this evening.

On 2008-08-14 13:46, Billy the Crud wrote:
I'm bringing all of my food this year. Too much time was wasted, waiting to sit and be served and it really cut into my drinking and being an asshole time.

you dont need extra time being an asshole billy it comes natually ha-ha. on a serious note me and the mrs will be there sat we got to meet up sometime and do some seriouys drinking

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Aug 15, 2008 4:49 PM

Holy Coconutz, I've had more fun in the last 24 hours than in the last 24 weeks and the thing hasn't technically even started yet! The hotel staff seems willing to let us get away with just about ANYTHING...

T

Aloha,

it seems that someone inadvertantly walked off with my large Mort the Bowler tiki mug (from Tiki Farm) at the Bali Hai on Thursday. I rested my mug on the stage so that i could dance more outlandishly at about 10pm, and at 11pm it had grown legs and walked off. Please let me know if you happen to see it.

Mahalo,
Tiki Todd

T

Here's a photo of the missing mug in question.

fun stuff! ill post some pics soon!

B

Wow! That was such a BLAST!!

So many were running around taking photos of everything there...I thought I would just focus on pictures of hands. I stated this "Show of Hands" thread here
in the Ohana area http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29508&forum=15&1

I already can't wait till next year.

Peace.

Whew! What a great weekend. Don't know where to start with the glad to have met yous and the great to have seen yous and the thank yous. I'll try just handling the thank yous.
To da boys at Ghouligan's, Toe, Daves not home, Clydsdale, Holden and Tiki Trav thanks for all the good ribbing and fun throughout the weekend. To Ran, thanks for the Undead cocktails. Nicely done as always. To Notch and Danny, thanks for da mug and just being cool. To all my fellow Finkniks, thanks for making it exactly the kind of fun that really counts. Thanks to Otto and Baby Doe for one of the best party's ever. And a big thanks to Gecko for the big chunk of aloha. Your generosity is stunning.
Had a great time with everyone, friends old and new. Can't wait for next year.
I intend to spend the next couple days fighting off the post Oasis depression.
Cheers and Aloha to you all.

H

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2008-08-18 08:17 ]

T

on the oasis site

Mr & Mrs Tikilands would like to share the photos from this great weekend. There a few video clips as well. Thanks to everyone for making this a Grand event. We had a blast.

Here is the link:

http://tikilands.smugmug.com/share/GDxGGg4Gx5fhQ

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 497 replies