Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Jungle's Outpost

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 492 replies

Ditto Vic!
Save one for me.
Congrats!

Saw this mug the other day and it was HUGE! The "Big Gulp" of tiki mugs -- fill it up once and you're good to go!!!

Save one for a loyal Minnie's patron. ( Best damn potstickers around! ) Thanks!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2005-04-12 00:27 ]

Unga damn Bunga, I don't have one of those so I wouldn't know what it looks like.

Yah, as I've said in another thread this mug was named after Peter (Pika) and Stewart (Kewalaka), the owners of Minnie's Restaurant. I would like to get a few of us together to show them this mug in a couple weeks. They know about it but they haven't seen it yet. We could fill a few of these up as well that same night and anyone that wants one could buy one then, pre Tiki Oasis. COOL! Mahalo Nui Loa!

I'm game for that! I'm always looking for an excuse to come down to Minnies. Cool!

Saturday April 23, 8pm at Minnie's. Tentative.

I'm sooo there!!

sounds good vic!
see you there..(if not before)

:)

Niiiiiiiice! That big daddy is lookin' like the perfect vessel for a thirsty imbiber. Also diggin' that banana peanut butter jellybean finish. MM-MMM! My Oasis wish list grows.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-04-13 17:11 ]

Ahhh, Chongolio, yes you can also put a hecka lotta jelly beans IN it.

teakey, you're request has been answered. How'z dis? Da Big Kahuna of Tiki Mugs.

T

dis good

Its a different color for tiki farm. Reminds me of a shock color from another "big shot" tiki mug maker.

Once I make my mug I will retire and became the stuff legends are made from.

S

yea your new mug is pretty sick, personally i'd choose different colors though

Hey Welcome to TC Surf Goof. Tell us what color you choose? Let me Guess BLUEBERRY BLUE!
Ha!

Chongolio

T

Blueberry blue because surf sounds like Smurf. The colors look to be a purple green(/yellow). Those two colors work well. Like the Von Franco Hotwheels mug. I bet a straight gloss red would look badass for this mug too.

teakey, The Farm didn't make this mug. I just told you that the Farm could do one for you. They are thee Heavyweight Champion of the World.

S

very funny chongo. Actually i'd have a base of royal blue with a secondary color of black

Here's one of my ongoing art projects. Note the Seamus tiki upper right. COOL!

Anyone interested in the Minnie's Tiki Mug can now buy it off my website and pay via PayPal. Thanks for your interest.

Nice pond, JT. Good decision to remove that 5 foot.. er...TIKI & give it to Alnshelly. It would have disrupted the zenlike quality of your garden. Something like that could throw off your feng shui in a big way. Garden looks great!

S

I think that's the first time I've seen a picture of one of my boys in their home setting. Good looking setup JT.

B

Hewy Digger, that looks Great. Does it come withy Maitai's?? and Hula Girls?? and, and,,,,

Benzie, if you come to my house, it will come with all those things. Dig?
Now how about a large Benzart tiki for my pond? Dig?

T

That is a super nice tiki hide-away. the tikis look happy out in the wild. I have plans to make something nice for my parents yard. I will only get to work on it the short time that I'm over there. Can't wait to get started.

JT,
That pond is looking cool and refreshing. The Seamus tiki looks right at home. Not sure I want to see the Dong as a water feature though.

Chongolio

Another view of same pond.

Aloha and Mahalo, Seamus, AA, teaKEY, Chongolio, Benzart.

Heya JT! I'm groovin on that mug o' yours. Looks very nice! got more comin?!?! I gotta make up to minnies one of these days.

that pond/waterfall sure looks like a nice place to chill - you do good work with those landscapes (I dig your website too, brother)

I disagree with AA - I think that penis would have made a wonderful fountain...maybe on a timer?!?!?!

I got to pick up my mug last weekend at Minnies and WOW is it a big boy! Got to meet Jungle Trader, Mr. Smiley, Drunken Hat and Tiki Cleen. All really cool people! Heck I even made my wife not hate tiki mugs for a night! Karaoke at Lyons was a little crazy, but fun! Just stay away from that "Incredible Hulk" shot!

Sorry Polynesiac. I had to retire the penis after my wife's Grandma's 85th birthday party. I got drunk when her church friends came over and I "unveiled it". They fell on the floor and were gasping for air. I called 911 and tried to explain to the EMT's why all these elderly ladies were having cardiacs at the same time.
I'm sure Al & Shell in da' Pacific will have some new stories for us in the coming summer months.

Hey Aquaorama, hope to see ya' at D Hat's debut tomorrow night.

(edited for appropriate vocabulary, replaced "whipped it out" with "unveiled it"_________________
To appreciate beauty is to live in blis

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-04-29 21:37 ]

On 2005-04-29 18:15, Jungle Trader wrote:
Hey Aquaorama, hope to see ya' at D Hat's debut tomorrow night.

Hey Hey! What debut? How come I wasn't invited? :)

K

Dang, if there's any more of them mugs left, please put a yellow sticky with my name on one of them, because that one is reserved for me. Sweeeeeet!

Damn! I just got back from a buoy trip in Monterey and I'm dead worn out! I can't make it but I hope the show goes great for "The Hat"! ( Hopefully they don't make him play too many "Hair Band" tunes)

Here's the new glazes along with the original. These will soon be up on my website. Not looking for praise, but if you want to give it, it's accepted graciously, just a heads up for those interested.

and the back side engraved with "PIKA KEWALAKA"

Keep in mind that the original glaze (far right, top image of the 3) will have "MINNIE'S" engraved on the back. Those will be available soon. Only 15 were produced with the original glaze and nothing engraved on the back. Those are sold out.
Only the solid green (looks blue to me) and brown will have "PIKA KEWALAKA" on the backside.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-05-16 16:14 ]

B

I love the mug Digger, funny tho, it looks just like a pendant I did a little while back..

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 4:41 PM

Some nice carvings and some nice mugs. Like your work

R

JT-
Your carvings and the mugs are amazing. I was glad to see some of them at the Oasis. Looking forward to getting my mug, hopefully someday I will be able to get one of your carvings for my backyard oasis. Keep up the great work.

Jungle you do great work. I dig those mugs.

T

Luv the cups... Would love to design and fire some... One day

I give you praise my friend! Very cool mugs, like the glazes and the colors too.

Flounder, it's good to see you back.
Thanks guys for the compliments. I give a lot of credit to my mug maker. He's doing a great job, and thanks again Tiki Diablo, you are still thechikitiki to me cuz you have the cutest cheeks. heheh.

Oh, the solid green (blue) will also have MINNIE'S engraved on the back of the last run.
MAHALO!!

To appreciate beauty is to live in bliss!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-05-18 17:50 ]

cool stuff, JT.

master landscaper, master carver, master...

mug maker!

Lookin' really good! I really like the glazes too.

Where I need to go to buy the one on the left? Nice mugs!

On 2005-05-18 17:48, Jungle Trader wrote:
Flounder, it's good to see you back.

It's good to be back!

McDougall, sent you a PM.

Aloha!

Now for.......your viewing pleasure

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2005 10:17 PM

wow! You have a great style, great work..

O

Really like the first one. Looks kinda familiar :wink:

How big is he?

Good job!!

B

Lookin Good jungle Trader, and it's about Time!! Where you been?
Great to see your new work, thanks for sharing.

Mahalo Kirby, where's Sunland anyway?

Rick, you got da' boy. This one's around 5 ft. or sumthin. Can't wait to see your place.

Benz, thanks, you are an inspiration to me. Sometimes I just get burned out on TC, too much talkin' maybe.

Later daze.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 492 replies