Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 347 replies

C

Now that is pretty cool. Great concept and it sounds like it would be a
lot of fun.
Sorta reminds me of the "beam" percussion piece used by Mickey Hart....
just a long steel beam with pick-ups at various points. Not that I want to get
into any Mickey Hart conversation here.
At any rate...very cool.

BT

That's a crazy um... instrument you have there. Kindof a cigar bass, but spam based. Dig the coconut amp!

NOW you are truly COCONUT WIRED!
Way to go!
Very cool,Randy!
great brain you got there!

T

Totally AWESOME!!! The fact that it plugs into a coconut amp makes it even better!

Great work!

where is the Whammy bar?
and does the amp have reverb?
:wink:

cool dealeo Chongo.

Jeff(btd)

THAT, is inspirational!!!! Great Job!!!!

Sounds cool on the youtube link, but how about a vid of you actually playing it!?!

Mahalo for taking the time to look, listen and comment.

congatiki-Yeah Mickey Hart plays some interesting things and has a very eclectic taste and is a pretty amazing percussionist. But I think you are right about leaving talk of him to other forums. :wink:

Badd Tiki- I have some cigar box projects in the works. I am trying to find as much stuff as possible so some of the projects are kinda creeping along slowly

little lost tiki- I did take some of my inspiration from some of my ideas I had when I was doing the Coconut Wired podcast. I can see a whole band of Coconesians playing all kind of crazy bamboo, jetsum and flotsam hybrid instruments.

tobunga- right on Tobunga. It is pretty fun to mix it up with other materials. I know you can dig that.

bigtikidude- Well if you push on the side of the can you can get a sort of whammy bar effect out of it. After a comment from Squid, I am looking into what it takes to make a reverb spring.

The Granite Tiki- There are some really cool builds over at Cigar Box Nation and all over the web. one of my personal favorites is theUncle Fester Diddley Bow

4WDtiki- The music video is in the works. Stay tuned

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Barefoot Bloggin'

Chongolio, you ROCK the Diddley Bow! (If, in fact, that was you and not Seasick Steve, Danny Kroha, One String Willie, or Velcro Lewis. I guess I'll have to wait for the music video :D)

Yeah!! I'm glad the amp stopped squeeling like a stuck pig!!

Mad Dog- As mentioned I did do some post recordin' sweetinin' in gargeband, but rest assured that is all me playin' it.

Haole'akamai- Actually, the Cocoamp was never a squealer. The other amp I am workin' on that is using a different circuit still has it's wounded piggy issues

C

Very very creative Chongolio! I like it a lot

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 347 replies