Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Spamboo Diddley Bow & Cocoamp pg 123 2-9-2010

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 347 replies

T

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-09-28 15:45 ]

Here is a lil tiki paintin' I did on some scrap sign material I had laying around. I used acrylic paints, paint pens, rope and bamboo to create this buggah. Bamzeno, who runs Tikifreaks.com, scored this one after a night of hangin' out with the TC ohana at the new Hulas in Santa Cruz. I don't think the paint was even dry yet when Bamz scooped this one up.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-01-19 09:31 ]

A great score for Bamzeno, Chongo - When I saw "Treeki" in the topic line, I thought, "Hmmmmmm - maybe it's a Shatner, Spock or Star Trek tiki of some kind..." Very cool anyhow!

B

Cool stuff Chongo. when you get moved into Hawaii, are you still gonna remember us TC Peeps here and still post pix for us to drool over?

Sam!- Good to hear from you, it's been way to long. Know that I have been diggin' all your new art and think your the Bee's knees. Thanks for takin the time to say hello! Star Trek Tiki!! You are on to something, take it to the final frontier baby.

Benz- Again very cool to hear from you too. Fret not, if my gut feelin' is correct I should be pumpin' out plenty more art to share with y'all once I get my supplies unpacked on the islands. Really diggin' all your stuff and soakin' up all the Yoda vibes your puttin' out. I may need to learn a new language so I can come up with new ways to describe your super genius! I have couple redwood logs I wanted to tackle, but doubt I will find the time before I make the jump across the drink. However I am lookin forward to finlly gettin' back to a climate that is more hospitable to Palm trees so I can get my hands on some palm logs.

Comin' at ya now is a series of four small paintings I did just for fun and chuckles. These were all done with acrylic paints, paint pens on a heavy water color paper and put into a in a 5.5" x 7" woven frame.

Tiki Jewel This one is now watchin' over Jentiki's desk and keepin' an eye on his buddy the Sippin' Puffy

Sippin' Puffy

Shark Swabby

Monkey Birdcall

Thanks for lookin' if you want to see more in a nifty slide show dealio, check out My slide show at slide.com. I also have some Chongolian art and some other knick-knacks up for grabs at Chongolio's Flea Market.

Aloha,
Chongolio

Hey Chongo- These are cool! Of couse, I partial to the blowfish... blowfish and hammerheads.

chongo looking awesome keep up the good work

Fun stuff Randy, I like the shark with eye patch.

Good stuff Randy!

Especially like the puffer and shark!

I can only imagine the inspirations that Hawaii will give you... looking forward to more of your great art!

Oh yeah! That one of the tiki all intertwined in the seaweed or monkeypod tree was really sweet! I feel a rip-off, er... I mean an "inspiration" coming on...

MAHALO ¥ MAHALO ¥ MAHALO

Tiki Beat-Glad your diggin' um Mr. Marcus Thorn I got a few more up my sleeve.

Swampy-From one Monkey lover to another I thank you. Always an honor to see your comments on my humble posts.

Lake- Glad to touch base with you again. Hawaii will be a blast and an endless source of creative mama! I just don't want to get too close to some of my inspiration... mainly the grey ones wearing eye patches.

Tiki Shark- Your peeks and comments are alway welcome. The idea behind Treeki was tree roots, so a seaweed entwined tiki is all yours. You also do a much better job with underwater scenes than I could ever do.

OK here are a few more projects I managed to get pics of over the last few days. ( I am almost caught up.)

Tropical Dreamz

Bamboo, beads, macrame, rope, acryllic paint, paint pens, water color paper mounted on a pvc sign substrate bordered with rope.

Cocobilly (from the tribe of Coconesians livin' on the Lost-Isle)

More Bamboo, beads, macrame, acryllic paint, paint pens, on water color paper mounted on sign substrate and bordered with woven sea grass

Hmmm..... funny, that Cocobilly looks sort of like Marcus Thorn (Tiki Beat).

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 5:59 PM

Some very nice stuff man, havent checked this thread out for ages... :)

Chongolio, love the new pieces, missed your posts.

ST

B

LOVE Your cocobilly guyz, They grow on trees out there on the Lost Isle? gotta go get me sum.

Eye-Poppin my friend!
Wasn't Tropical Dreamzicle the one you started at the cave? Looks so cool, like an old menu placemat or plaque! The cocobilly is pretty sweet! Make sure to will that brain of yours to science when you're thru with it! :)

J

More wonderfully whimsical Chongolian art!!! I love the new pieces!

Tiki Jewel and Sippin' Puffy have moved to my living room while my office is in transition. They're very happily overlooking my "tower o' tiki!" They bring joy to my soul everytime I enter the room. Thanks again!

I have been busy busy but in a good way too. Packin' boxes, keeping up with projects and starting new ones. As well as plan my move. I did get a few snappers of some of my recently finished crafties over the week and here you go.

Good news we have Andy Landry's head! Jungle law has been served in a native style

Made with Acrilic paints, paint pens, rope, bamboo, beads and some of that old voodoo magik all served up on a platter of shaped sign substrate.

Here is another Skate deck I have been pluggin' away at for sometime. finally got to a place called quits over the weekend. I am happy to show ya "Sea Song Skater"

This pup was done with my usual creative devices: acrylic paint, paint pens all on a wood skateboard deck.

And in the creature catagory and on display are Critters of the Deep.

You guessed it acrylic paint, paint pens for stipling and some of Grannies forbidden macrame technique.

And the last one before resting your eyes is Sepic Snacks.

Yes, these and so much much more all at these two events in April. I will be at both of them pedalin' artistic knick knacs and flappin' gums.

Tiki Farm presents Orange County's Larges Tropical Decor, Apparel & Home Furnishings Sale

There is going to be lots of gorgeous girls, sweet art, tikis and tunes. Also, these are going to be my last CA events before I go Island style sometime in may, so come by say "Aloha" and make some monkey noises for me or a birdcall at the very least.

Chongolio

Go Chongo!
Andy's head is classic and may be cathartic to all of us TCers who sent stuff to Scam Central! Lovin your Critters of the Deep!!!! Keep 'em coming!!! One month to the TikiFarm Parking Lot Sale!!! You better step it up my friend as I predict you'll sell out at the Farm! Keep rollin and being on a roll! You are always an inspiration, my friend!

C

Very nice art, I like them mucho!! Congrats!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 12, 2007 6:08 PM

The shrunken head is great :)

SNACKS! That is so great, awesome, work! I love this dimensional painting stuff! Very nice!

I won't be in So Cal for the great sale, so I'll have to make monkey sounds from here..."OOH ERRG..OOH..OOH..EEEK!"
Look forward to being on a neighbor island to you Mr. C!

Hey Thanks for takin' a look and the comments.

LLT- I am crankin' as fast as I can, I just have to many things that need crankin'

Clarita- Mahalo for checkin' out the art.

Hewey-Cool, I have done a series of the shrunken heads. I will post the others when they are done.

Tiki Shark- I will take a rain check on monkey calls until I get over to your side of the island. Thanks for peekin' at my latest creations.

Here is another project I have been workin' on with Makedamug.

Thats right! The Chongo Tiki Bottle Brush Cleaner. Coming this summer to a sink near you!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

For your googlin' pleasure I present three new art pieces that will be heading down to the southlands with me in April for the two events where I will be slinging art.
First off we have "Finhead"

Acrylic and paint pens on watercolor paper monuted on sign substrate and framed with Sea Grass.
This one is based (loosley) on this pic I took of the idol at The Hanalei Hotel in San Diego.

Can anybody tell me anything about this guy? I am guessin' that it is from Papua New Guinea. I really like the look of this one and want to know the story behind it.

And now I share with you "The Sting Ray's Message"

Acrylic and paint pens on watercolor paper mounted on sign substrate and framed with rope. This has some Tiki Bling added to the tiki's eyes.

And this last one I am calling Guardian Of The Sleeping Giant

Acrylic and paint pens on watercolor paper I will get this one mounted on sign substrate and framed with rope over the next few days.

Thanks for lookin! Come see them in real life at:
Tiki Farm presents Orange County's Larges Tropical Decor, Apparel & Home Furnishings Sale

Randy!
Wow! You're batting three in a row on these! The Guardian is my favorite, but the patterns in the leaves on the Finhead give it that perfect happy Chongolio trademark!!! Right on buddy! You got the momentum-now roll with it! See you at the TikiFarm Parking Lot Sale!!!!

Finhead is very cool. I have put him on my Tiki Farm Parking Lot event wish list.

I am spendin' the day getting caught up with my internetin' and next on the hit list is getting some of the art posted that I had brought down to the Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale. I had to take the pics last minute in the T.F. parkin' lot just before the sale so my photos were a bit rushed and I didn't get any of the sizes measured but you should be able to get the idea. And away we go:

"Invoking the God of Waterfalls"
Acrylic paint, bumpy paint, paint pens and tiki bling eyes on sign substrate and framed with rope and a macrame hanger.

"The God of Waterfalls"
Acrylic paint, paint pens on a sign substrate and framed with rope and a beaded bamboo macrame hanger.

"Surfin' Space Safari"
Acrylic paint, sparkly paint, paint pens on a sign substrate and framed with rope and a beaded bamboo macrame hanger.

"The Golden Pineapple"
Acrylic paint, bumpy paint, paint pens and tiki bling on a foam core sign substrate and framed with rope.

**"Raratonga Jewel" **
Acrylic paint, bumpy paint, paint pens, tiki bling on a foam core sign substrate and framed with rope and a beaded bamboo macrame hanger.

"The Puffer Fish's Song"
Acrylic paint, paint pens on a sign substrate and framed with rope and a beaded bamboo macrame hanger.

"The Missin' Matey"
Acrylic paint, paint pens on a shaped sign substrate stiched with beaded twine and a beaded bamboo macrame hanger.

"Tiki Turtlele"
Acrylic paint, paint pens and tiki bling fret markers on an ukulele

Assorted Magnets
Acrylic paint, paint pens on shaped sign substrate backed with a magnet.

Quite a few these were sold over the weekend but I will still have a nice selection of stuff availble at

I am lookin' to seein' a bunch of you again real soon when I load up and head south once more.

Thanks for peekin' and supportin' the tiki arts!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

THESE LOOKED SO GREAT IN PERSON! The god of the Waterfall is my favorite!!!! If you don't own a chongo piece-you better pick one up soon before they're all gone and Chongo is out of reach on Hawaii!

Mahalo Kinny! If it weren't for your friendship, inspiration and what was the phrase you had at Tiki Farm... Mutual Inspiration Pact, None of these pieces would exist. Your art always hits me right where is counts and gets me stoked to get knee deep in the creative juice.

As for unavailable, fret not friends, there is always the internet and I expect to be back on the mainland several times a year. Hopefully with a suitcase of art with me.

Chongolio

K

Tentacles on a pineapple! That's a droll Dole.

I started workin' on my DVA Gallery decanter submisson once I got home from the Tiki Treasure and Polynesian Pin ups show. I also took the time to get my web cam pointed at it so now you can monitor the progress in real time. Check it out in CHONGOVISION!

If you want to chat me up zap me an IM or add Chongolio as friend at Twitter.com

Rad! Randy!
It looks like you're holding a giant pickle! Can't wait to see this one finished!
Look out Chicago! The Decanters are Landing Soon!
Thanks for spreadin the CHONGOVISION!

On 2007-05-03 11:25, little lost tiki wrote:
Rad! Randy!
It looks like you're holding a giant pickle! Can't wait to see this one finished!
Look out Chicago! The Decanters are Landing Soon!
Thanks for spreadin the CHONGOVISION!

I am kinda getting a watermelon vibe from it myself. :D

HEY MAN!
I'm trying to sign up and it keeps messin with me on the birthdate! Any helpful hints besides "it would work if your birthdate wasn't in the 1800's?"

On 2007-05-03 11:46, little lost tiki wrote:
HEY MAN!
I'm trying to sign up and it keeps messin with me on the birthdate! Any helpful hints besides "it would work if your birthdate wasn't in the 1800's?"

Gee... I don't know man. I have had some issues too with getting info to stick. I usually refresh or restart my browser until it works or I get frustrated with technology and go back to paintin'

Hopefullu ustream 2.0 will kill some of the bugs.

I love The God of Waterfalls! Chongovision rocks!

C

I can here some music too!! Great!

On 2007-05-03 12:10, suburbanpagan wrote:
I love The God of Waterfalls! Chongovision rocks!

Hey Suburbz, thanks for the props and checkin out CHONGOVISION. This video stuff is mind blowing!
Diggin' your new canvases too, very cool and mysterious that makes me go hmmmm!

IF YOU GET A CHANCE-WATCH CHONGO VISION!I'M ADDICTED! Watching Randy work and hearing him explain things and doing soundchecks and even burping! It's like taking Chongolito to work with you! Now if I can only figure out that sign-up! Consider me your #1 Lurker! Your watermelon looks Great by the way!

Here are some pics from my jam-o-rama in CHONGOVISION!. CHONGOVISION is running again today if your at work and need to waste some time.

Gecko (with really big feet) on the finished nose cone

The Forgotten Rocketeer

BUMP!
Hey Randy! how's that decanter comin along? It's lookin less like a pickle or a watermelon anymore! The vines are gonna be kickin! The smilin Porthole Gent is crackin me up and makin me smile! Lookin forward to seeing more progress!
Dave hasn't even started on his yet! :lol:
When you're finished with it,also post it in the DvA Marketplace thread!
Spread the Word!
C'mon Sam! Let's see your decanter!
Who else got one?
Slowpokes!:smile:
Post some more pix!
Kinny
Raising Decanter Awareness one post at a time...

C

Well here sits the Forgotten Rocketeer in captivated lush entanglement.

Front View

Close-up Front

Side shot

SSSSnake

The back side

Watch out for spiders

Rocket roots

This was a fun thing to paint but parts of it were kinda tough and I had to rush a bit to get it done before I leave next week for Kauai. It was a blast to work on this in CHONGOVISION! and having people keep me company, chat and watch while the work was being done on it. Thanks to everyone who popped in and checked it out and listened to my semi steady stream of blabber. :wink:

C'mon now, Let see what you other creative cats are layin' down

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-05-08 20:10 ]

Randy!
Beautiful! Beautiful!
The cobwebs are perfect! Another fine addition to your Ongoing Narrative!
Keep Painting Brother! We're gonna miss you on the Mainland!

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 8:52 PM

Looks great :D

Wow, looks great Randy.
I like all the little details you've added, like the spider and web.
Very cool.

C

Very nice! Love it!

Callin' all friends and Ohana,
I have entered a contest on Ustream.tv to recieve a grant to do what they are calling "lifecasting" I have made it to the votin' round and need your help. The winner will be chosen by content, poularity and the essay written by the contestants. My idea was to do a show based on the adventures, discoveries, artist, musicains and interesting folks I come across here in Hawaii and when visiting the mainland. Essentially I would like to use the show as another way to promote the tiki artist, musicians, events hold contests and possibly provide a little entertainment via this new media. I would be open to any suggestions as well.

My broadcasts on Ustream.tv has been sporadic, because of my move and the ustream site has been going through some upgrades and improvements which has made service kind of spotty, but I would like to get it going as a weekly dealio once my internet connection stabilizes. Right now I dont have a whole lot of comments or hits on my show now because I have been so busy, so I am askin' anybody with a few extra seconds to blink over to my show and check it out. If the site is up you can watch a slide show I will be broadcastin' until I can get my webcam runnin', make a comment and sign up If you are into it. It won't cost you a thing and it will better my chances of winnin' and bringin' to you more adventures and my own personal brand of Chongolian goofiness.

Mahalo!
Chongolio

that looks so cool i like it i like it

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 347 replies