Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

GT

Well It's Great to have a long holiday weekend, hope you all have a great one! This gives me some time to make some new tiki mugs, Let me know if you like any? or None of them? Some are just for fun and some are kinda cool, It was just a fun time to throw clay with my best friend Dani, let me know what you think? as I will produce the mugs you like.

Two-Faced Tiki Mug:

Taonga ( Stink Eye ) Tiki Mug:

FreeBee-Willy Tiki Mug,(241) Hmmmmm Maybe A Free Mug To Buyers?

Pineapple Shot:

As these are just proto-type mugs, I was looking for input on design and colors, I Have (2) very cool Tiki Mugs Up-Comming, that will be production mugs, Show you soon!

What You Think? Mahalo Gogo ( Go Tiki )

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2010-11-21 23:43 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2011-09-17 08:39 ]

GT

Sunday, Funday Creating and Glazing at Go Tiki:

I made a monkey Mug, like a "Westwood" holding a Moai for a friend, Glazing is just so-so, But still kinda cool?

And I helped my friend G-Friend Dani make her first mug, She wanted a Gal Look Tiki Mug:

If There was a contest for the ugliest tiki mug, I know I could win with a few of my creations! But my friend wanted a Ku type warrior, Mug and wanted it as ugly as can be, so it would stand out! and so it does :) Yikes!

These Mugs where just for Fun, thought I'd share, What You Think?

I said in my last post I would show you. My new production mugs, There coming soon! Mahalo! Gogo (Go Tiki)

Lookin good, GT! Keep it rollin'

GT

Some More New Tiki Mugs, I will produce this one so, look for it soon! ( Ki'i Akua ) Idol:

I made a Moai, Everyone makes one! (Goon):

A small version of an old past time Westwood Mug ( Wes Would! ):

Also Here is the colors I decided to make ( FezMo ) production mug:

More to follow, as I like creating new stuff weekly, What You Think? Your input is important to me! Mahalo Gogo ( Go Tiki )

I like the two face mug, the monkey mug, the samoan tourist tiki looking mug and the fez wearing (last mug) you posted.

I dig the nice vintage colors you chose for the monkey.

Ki'i Akua is killer! :D

Luv' the Kona Kai Tumbler look of Two-Faced Tiki Mug!

Gogo, this might look sweet in the brown glaze you used on "GOGO" mug for the inside/outside/bottom of mug. Leaving the matte glaze just for the tiki masks! Total vintage! :)

Keep up the great work!

sandz

Going to a GoGo everybody?

GoTiki has a happy vintage vibe tiki thang happening! :)

Monkey shines abound with MY recent acquisition of tres chic "Mambo Loves Tiki" mugs!! Swingin'it with da PCT Monkey Bar, C'Al APEs and other primate pottery, these three bongo-butted baboons jus'wanna have FUN!

SEE NO EVIL! HEAR NO EVIL! SPEAK NO EVIL! I think...NOT!!

:lol: These GOODFELLAS are a banana-sized grinful of muggy fun! :lol:

Grab some to GoGo... GOTIKI!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

GT
GT

awesome stuff, i espesially like the latest monkey mug. but all the latest 3 or 4 are killer.

GT

I Forgot Sunny Too!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24028&forum=18

More New Item's Coming Soon, Your Input Is Important, So Respond Either Way, Aloha! Gogo ( Go Tiki )

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Jun 2, 2007 6:18 AM

I see a cross between left and right. Somewhere in the middle maybe. You must have molded that first (yellow) mug's shape? Its strange cause you first see the new mug (yours) with the eyes where you placed them, but then you recognize the moai shape with the "eyes" being the crease from the brow.

Love that Westmore Frog with fez. Always been one of my favorites. To me the mug shape looks like Homer Simpson. I did an inspired mug like that for the Tiki FArm mug contest and then my dad made it up. Not glazed yet.

GT

No Teakey, I sculpted a master from a solid chunk of clay, your seeing a shadow off the Moai's brow, that might make it appear to have eye's under the ridge, but there are no eye's there. Sometimes I sculpt my designs from a solid piece of wood also, I get a lot of my idea's from mugs, pictures, paintings, and tiki things I have seen before, as probably most people who create tiki art work do, like yourself, Thanks for your input Teakey :) Gogo

I really want the Fezmo!

I like the Taonga alot too, would like to see his tay-oungue-uh glazed a different color, a bit more subtle possibly. Also dig the pineappleshot with teal inner glaze. Again, great work on these!
Sneaky

GT

I have some good stuff in the molds and some really cool tiki's waiting to be molded, show you soon! Here's some of my latest work:

Ceramadome Bamboo Clock: I have to get a clock movement at the art store, but other than that, hang it!:

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-06-10 22:49 ]

GT

I also made some cool shot glasses, Scioto style, ( Funkey Monkey ) See No Evil - Hear No Evil - Speak No Evil - ( Try Those! ): Ceramics by Gogo glaze by Dani, They range from big shot to small. I love these lil' Monkey's

I also created an old school Duncan 1967 - Westwood Look Beer Mug from a old mold I have: Ceramist/Glaze Gogo

I also made a couple of ( Go Tiki ) Freebe Willy's, "Freebe" is a unique word! Ask me? I might tell!
Ceramist Gogo - Glaze Dani

I also made some Tiki Pendents for some friends, Free Style Pinch Art by Gogo, just for fun to wear around to events!

Some Good Stuff Comming Soon!

What You Think?

Mahalo Gogo ( Go Tiki )

cool necklaces Go...did you design them?

GT

Hey! Suburbanpagan, Yes! I design/sculpt/mold most of everything I make, unless I make some old school stuff from vintage molds, which I do from time to time. Thanks! Gogo

GO TIKI
The Moai is awesome, and I thought those spirals were his eyes. Very cool looking! And I also LOVE the monkey in the fez! Great unique look!
and... er... I think I might be driving YOUR car it seems....

Sorry! :)
Aloha!

R

On 2007-06-10 22:46, GO TIKI wrote:
I love these lil' Monkey's

So do I, they are great! Let us know when you list some on eBay as I'll be a biddin'!

GT

My latest Tiki Mug: "Pukana la" meaning Sunset in Hawaiian, Still working on the perfect glaze combo, This will be a tall mug.

And Momba #01-25 for TC member "BlackSandz"

What You Think? :)Gogo

More Ceramic Stuff Soon :)

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-06-16 23:58 ]

Yesssssssss! :D :D :D

Mahaloz, Compay! :D

What a Father's Day!

Outstanding job, Gogo!!! :drink:

Everyone...

Mambo w/Momba #1

Instructions:

Feet together... listen to the music... 5-6-7-8... shift your weight to right foot... small step back w/right foot on 1... large step back w/right foot on 2... replace weight on left foot on 3... continue...

Salsalicious! :D

Spicy too! :wink:

GT

Little more glaze work, But almost there! Has a lot of detail!

What You Think? Aloha! Gogo

GT

On 2007-06-17 11:21, blacksandz wrote:
Yesssssssss! :D :D :D

Mahaloz, Compay! :D

What a Father's Day!

Outstanding job, Gogo!!! :drink:

Everyone...

Mambo w/Momba #1

Instructions:

Feet together... listen to the music... 5-6-7-8... shift your weight to right foot... small step back w/right foot on 1... large step back w/right foot on 2... replace weight on left foot on 3... continue...

Salsalicious! :D

Spicy too! :wink:

Mike, Blacksandz wanted a custom mug, Sometimes I'll do it :) Well I made (2) just in case I screwed up, Which is common! A light blue and a medium blue, I marked one as 01/25 and #01/25 to cover my butt! Just incase one didn't turn out, I could destroy it! Well both turned out pretty good! So, Happy Fathers Day Mike, On both your mugs! Mahalo Gogo ( Go Tiki )

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-07-02 17:43 ]

GT

See! I screw up often, I broke my master sculpt while molding, But I'm able to create from the mold, but 10% smaller, So no biggie, It's a labor of Love for me! Mahalo Gogo

:o To the brotherhood!!! :D :D :D

One proud (pop)pa of (mom)ba's! :)

It's people like Gary, that makes any TC member feel honored to belong to this tight Ohana Family!!! :)

Extraordinary, aloha spirit! :drink:

Mahalo Nui Loa!

sandz

There's a brand new place I've found, where people go from miles around... they come from everywhere, and if you drop in there you might see anyone in town... (going to a Go-Go) everybody...

GT

Ceramadome Bamboo and Matte Clock, by Go Tiki - Glazed by Dani, I finally got a movement for the "Ceramadome" clock, It turned out pretty good, This one is for my Dad for Fathers Day! #01, I could make these to sell, If I get some interest? So what you think? Mahalo Gogo

GT

Some new stuff, I have been working on: I Reversed the color on my ( Ki'i Akua ) Mug and added some real pearl to the green glaze, Makes the green glaze really pop-out! Like the glaze is wet:

I also made a Palm Tiki Pendent, I'll be sporting this one at my next Tiki Event! I attend.

This is about actual size:

I have spent many hours on my new Rum Barrel, It's in the rough stage, But you can get the idea! Trader Vic's had one, And mine is similar, It will hold easy a gallon of Rum or Mixed cocktails, Big opening at the top for many straws! I love my vintage Volcano bowls, But this Bad Ass barrel is primed up for a Tiki Party! I'll show you the finished pictures soon!

Vintage Trader Vic's Rum Barrel:

What You Think? Aloha! Gogo

GT

I had a Great time at the Big Ol' Tiki Bash, I made some cool tiki pendents, To give away to friends and anyone who asked!

I gave one to (Dano) from the Dynotones, Thanks for the shout out Dano, Mahalo Gogo ( Go Tiki ) What you think?

GT

I can make some more Tiki Pendents, Should I put some on-line to sell? ( E-bay ) I have had a lot of people e-mail me where to get one! I just made a small batch for the Big Ol' Tiki Bash, Just to give away to friends and people who asked, I was not a vendor there, I can hollow out the pendents, So they are not such a boat anchor! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

SoccerTiki got tons of compliments on his tiki pendent from you. Go For It... You should sell them. :) Good Luck!!

GT

Dani, Wanted A Moai Tea Light ( Votive ) Candle Holder, I Sculpted A Daga Style Moai, Hollowed Out Back, Open Mouth And Eyes, Looks Great In The Dark Or Day Time With The Candle Flickering, Great Obeisance For A Tiki Room Or Party. Just Showing Some Fun Creations! Mahalo Gogo

What You Think?

T

I like the necklaces. Looks like one of the placks I did a couple of years back in cement
See

T

Actually maybe GO TIKI borrowed the idea/imagery from this tiki design...

So I guess somebody beat you teaKEY!

Those pendants are neat GO TIKI you should think about e-Bay or a sale here?

Tikisgrl

(oops spell check doesn't check for grammar!)

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2007-07-30 19:16 ]

GT

Yes, I Did Copy My Design From My 1967 Duncan Mold, Which I Own, Except My Sculpt Is Smaller, And Not Exact, So Teakey Unless You Where Born Before 1967 The Idea Is Yours! I Like The Tiki Design From The 1967 Duncan Mold, So I Sculpted Some Smaller Ones As Pendents, These Pendents Are Still From My Own Hand And Sculpt! Mahalo Gogo

My Duncan 1967 Mold - Salt And Pepper Shakers

TT

I love the Palm Tiki Pendant! Thanks for the gift!! Hope to see you again at Sam's soon or possibly Oasis.

GT

On 2007-08-05 18:25, Trader Tom wrote:
I love the Palm Tiki Pendant! Thanks for the gift!! Hope to see you again at Sam's soon or possibly Oasis.

Your Welcome Trader Tom

GT

I haven't made any new ceramics lately, Except some Tiki Pendants, Here is some pictures of my Big Ol' Rum Barrel, I thought I'd save some of you TC'ers, The trouble of trying to find pics. of a Trader Vic's Barrel, No, They are not the same!

Also I made a new Tiki Mug called ( Tiki Owl )
I can mold it with or without the rum barrel pirch, I haven't decided yet, I also might change the tiki the owl is holding a little bit, but this is just a proto-type, What You Think?

Mahalo! GoGo

Gogo, I too want to thank you for the palm tiki pendant.
I love it! Turns out though it looks pretty good on my wife, and I think he likes it there too! :wink:

And by the way, I don't think you need to make them any lighter, but if you do, then I'll have an original "anchor" model ...worth much more to collectors! :)

I enjoyed meeting you and Dani at the Bash, hope to see you at TikiOasis!
Aloha, Ed!

GT

On 2007-08-11 02:26, EdsGoneTiki wrote:
Gogo, I too want to thank you for the palm tiki pendant.
I love it! Turns out though it looks pretty good on my wife, and I think he likes it there too! :wink:

And by the way, I don't think you need to make them any lighter, but if you do, then I'll have an original "anchor" model ...worth much more to collectors! :)

I enjoyed meeting you and Dani at the Bash, hope to see you at TikiOasis!
Aloha, Ed!

Looking forward to seeing You Two! I mean both of you! Ha-Ha! Pleasure to have met you also Ed, Mahalo Gogo!

GT

WooHooWahine, Along with Soccer Tiki, And Sam Gambino - Wearing "Go Tiki" Pendants, I think I've gave out about 100 so far, Show all of us your "Go Tiki" Pendant! Mahalo Gogo

What You Think?

GT

I have a bunch of new ideas coming out soon, This is the "GooGooMuck" proto-type, A cartoon look cannibal, "Bone in the nose, Fanged toothed, Head hunter", I usually like to craft the more old school vintage look, Of Tiki mugs, But a couple of my friends said try a hand at the cartoon look, Which a lot of artist are doing today! So here ya go! So with this and "Tiki Owl" I'll make more like a cartoon, And then back to more of the vintage look for me in my next projects, Which are coming soon! What You Think?

Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-08-11 23:07 ]

Hey Go Tiki-

Thanks again for that crazy pendant! I love it.... It proudly hangs in my office when I'm not wearing it. It's a great memento for me to have from last Saturday at Sam's.

GT

On 2007-08-12 02:16, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey Go Tiki-

Thanks again for that crazy pendant! I love it.... It proudly hangs in my office when I'm not wearing it. It's a great memento for me to have from last Saturday at Sam's.

It's an Honor for me, To meet one of the Greats in modern tiki, Thank You! For the autographed poster! Mahalo Gogo

GT

Aloha! My Latest Pour and Glaze - " Westwood Style W-9 "

What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

Thanks for the info: Teakey

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-08-18 23:57 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-08-21 09:17 ]

T

Hobbyist Westwood W-9 Mug

foto by litlnemo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies