Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

GT

Cool, Thanks teakey for the info: I looked in many books and couldn't find this mug, Someone at my local ceramic store gave me the mold, It's old, that's why I didn't claim this as my own sculpt, just pour and glaze, A difference bringing back the past from vintage molds, which I do from time to time, than making copies of present artist work for sure! Mahalo Gogo

GT

New Go Tiki item's, I was busy pouring and glazing this week, First of all I made a bunch of pendants to give away, I'm going to the Bahooka, So if you want one, just ask! :)

I also made the last "Mambo Loves Tiki" #25 of 25, which will include a one and only keychain and necklace.

I decided on my finish look for Tiki Owl, So here is the first one out of the mold, This low ball mug will have real Garnets in the Tiki's eyes. If you like Witco, then you'll love this barnyard Owl.

Next is a fun lowball mug, A Shriner named "Grotto" I'm still playing around with the right glaze combos but you get the idea!

And lastly my vintage style lowball Rum Barrel

I still have other masters I need to pour yet, 3 or 4 of them, but I have been busy, besides my 50 hour a week job, And making Go Tiki ceramics, I'm ready for a cocktail at the Bahooka!

What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

B

Hey Go Go,

Really like the Grotto one. Nice!

Absolutely great...nice work!!! :)

T

On 2007-08-25 09:28, GO TIKI wrote:

Next is a fun lowball mug, A Shriner named "Grotto" I'm still playing around with the right glaze combos but you get the idea!

Hi Gogo love the Shriner! Any luck with the perfect glaze?

Tikisgrl

Great shriners GOGO!
Those should be advertised at Shriner conventions! They are very cool, is this a gogo sculpt or a new twist on an old favorite?
Nice work. :drink:

GT

On 2007-08-31 17:35, Sneakytiki wrote:
Great shriners GOGO!
Those should be advertised at Shriner conventions! They are very cool, is this a gogo sculpt or a new twist on an old favorite?
Nice work. :drink:

Thanks Sneakytiki, To answer your question, Both! I received a picture from a friend of a vintage 1920's shriner candle she found on the web, So I did a sculpt of it, By looking at some pictures, Which makes it not my thought! But my design, because it's not the same at all, Thats what most sculptures do any way! I know and see it! I do make lots of stuff out of my head, for say, but I do look at lots of vintage designs and pictures for ideas, for my sculpts, Thanks for liking my art/ceramics, Mahalo Gogo

GT

My latest creation, I was given a Ku wood souvenir from Hawaii when I was little guy, I thought someday, It would be cool to have a mug similar to the souvenir, I knew this would be a hard sculpt for me, But it worked out pretty good, I carved in a dice in the front ( 5 ) and back ( 2 ) equaling ( 7 ) So hence the name "Lucky 7 Ku"

What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

GT

On 2007-08-31 17:28, Tikisgrl wrote:

On 2007-08-25 09:28, GO TIKI wrote:

Hi Gogo love the Shriner! Any luck with the perfect glaze?

Hi Tikisgrl, I'm trying a brown underglaze today, I'll post the results, Thanks for your quote, Gogo

Tikisgrl

GT

For now I'm just going with the white jacket, "Welcome To Fantasy Island!" I have 4 completed, Selling #01 on E-bay now. Mahalo Gogo

T

Got the newest piece of my collection and its a GoGo pendent.

This Go-Tiki pendent is of the finest quality Polynesian pop neck wear that I currently own. A first for a ceramic material necklace in my possession and ceramic is the material of choice when it come to tiki collecting with me.
Its huge. Bigger than all the rest. Its flat on one side so it doesn't roll over on your chest while wearing. Its multiple glazes of color so its higher quality in that regards as well.

Thanks GoGo, can't wait to show it off at the next event :drink: .

Those Shriners are cool! They look vintage already.

GT

Thanks Teakey and Sam for the nice post, Mahalo! Gogo

Hey Gogo- I received the Grotto Shriner, pendant and cool monkeys! They are excellent pieces and I'm very proud to own them. They look great in my office with the rest of my collection. Thanks so much for turning out such one-of-a-kind, fine pieces of art!

GT

On 2007-10-01 15:17, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey Gogo- I received the Grotto Shriner, pendant and cool monkeys! They are excellent pieces and I'm very proud to own them. They look great in my office with the rest of my collection. Thanks so much for turning out such one-of-a-kind, fine pieces of art!

Thank You! Sam, Mahalo Gogo

GT

Thanks For Looking! Check out Our latest work, It's called: "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel" This Ceramic sculpt and glaze, Has 20 diiferent color glazes by Dani and Gogo, And Is one of my best art, I think! Of to date for me, It took me a good 4 hours to do the sculpting and a good 4 hours for Dani and Me to glaze, 4 hours Kiln time and Bam! We got a 1/2 rum barrel, 56oz of joy!

I'm not going to make this a production item, It can't be molded and mass produced, But I would be willing to make a serious Tiki collector one, From scratch, Price would be about $150.00 plus shipping cost. There is a good 12-15 hours involved in making this. What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

I think that is a seriously bad ass vintage looking piece of ceramic!

-ST

Wow, that's really nice! I'm diggin' it!

GT

Thank You! For your kind feedback, Here is my latest production tiki mug proto-type "Big Mo" It's 10 inches tall, Holds 20 oz of cocktails, I'm trying to decide if I should keep the skull? It does offer a different look, Since there is a lot of Moai's out there, What You Think? I appreciate your feedback a lot. Mahalo! Gogo

T

It's a really cool mug.
I think you should let go of the skull.
Love the color

GT

On 2007-10-06 07:55, Tahitiki wrote:
It's a really cool mug.
I think you should let go of the skull.
Love the color

I think your right, Thanks for the feedback Mahalo! Gogo

GT

My "GooGooMuck - Head Hunter" Is molded and ready to go, Here's how he looks, He's 4" by 3.5" holds 13 oz of Cannibalizing Cocktails, I'll make 25 of these and then on to my next idea! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

GT

"Big Mo" revised, I revised my orignal mold, I think it looks better too! Thanks for your e-mails and post TC'ers ( No Skull )

This is number 1 of 25, I'll post on Market Place and put up on E-bay if anyone is interested.

GT

On 2007-10-15 17:07, GO TIKI wrote:
My "GooGooMuck - Head Hunter" Is molded and ready to go, Here's how he looks, He's 4" by 3.5" holds 13 oz of Cannibalizing Cocktails, I'll make 25 of these and then on to my next idea! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

Bump

GT

On 2007-10-31 17:58, GO TIKI wrote:
"Big Mo" revised, I revised my orignal mold, I think it looks better too! Thanks for your e-mails and post TC'ers ( No Skull )

This is number 1 of 25, I'll post on Market Place and put up on E-bay if anyone is interested.

Bump

Yeah, no skull looks cleaner. If you want to break up the flat expanse of chest you could always add a belly button &/or nipples...

GT

On 2007-10-31 18:50, freddiefreelance wrote:
Yeah, no skull looks cleaner. If you want to break up the flat expanse of chest you could always add a belly button &/or nipples...

Thank You! I think I will ditch the skull, Mahalo Gogo

GT

A New - Old Tiki Mug, My aunt worked for a ceramic company in the 60's called Duncan, I came across a brand new never been poured ceramic mold from 1967 new in the box! What a find! This mug with a handle is in Duke Carters - Tiki Quest page #62, I opted to make mine without the handle, This is a double sided mug, I'm going to be selling these Re-Pop Vintage - New mugs soon, What a way to end the year 2007 with a new 40 year old mug! So I'm just going to call this mug "Vintage Forty" since it doesn't have a name I'm aware of? I'm going to glaze them in Caribbean Blue and Vintage light brown, w/ dark brown under glaze. What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-11-16 18:26 ]

GOGO

The brown rocks sign me up for two please!

T
Tabu posted on Sat, Nov 17, 2007 6:24 AM

Great find. The brown glaze has a nice vintage feel and the blue glaze is sooo sweet.

I would love to have the brown GoGo please advise pm me :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-11-19 14:35 ]

GT

Thanks All For The Kind Feedback! Mahalo Gogo

GT

I poured a couple of Skull Mugs for Halloween for Dani and Myself, I thought I'd make some to sell too, I like the Red glaze inside the mug the best, but the black is cool too! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

GT

"BIG MO" Got Laid! Dani hand customized a "Big Mo" Tiki mug with a hibiscus lai and bamboo glaze work, Not a decal as seen by many ceramist, I think I'll underglaze a light brown one next time, So that the flowers and bamboo pops! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

Hey Gotiki-

Thanks for the info! I have one of the 2 sided brown mugs from a thrift store. It appears to have been broken, but they did a pretty good job of putting it back together. I couldn't resist buying it! I had no idea it was that old.....

T

Wow, "Big Mo" looks really great with the custom paint job! I have a few of the two sided mugs in some awful paint combinations yours look great! I wasn't sure from your post if you are selling the 2 sided ones here or on eBay?

Tikisgrl

GT

On 2007-11-29 18:01, Tikisgrl wrote:
Wow, "Big Mo" looks really great with the custom paint job! I have a few of the two sided mugs in some awful paint combinations yours look great! I wasn't sure from your post if you are selling the 2 sided ones here or on eBay?

Tikisgrl

Thank You Tikisgrl, I'm going to be selling these, The two side mugs, On E-bay from time to time, But for $10.00 starting bid not a bad price! One sold the other day for $10.00 the first one I listed! Someday I'll set up a website for set prices maybe, and I'll work on a TC exclusive soon! Thanks for your response, Mahalo! Gogo

Ditto...very nice...really adds the feminine mystique to the moai in my opinion. :)

GT

Thanks Vampiress, That was the look Dani was shooting for, There isn't to many Tiki mugs ( How can a politically correct ) Gal, Wahine mugs out there, I'm going to try a brown under glaze and have Dani glaze another, If it turns out really cool, We will sell a couple of customs, Mahalo! Gogo

GT

I wanted to make a vintage Treasure Craft look ashtray, bamboo, rattan, and matting So here it is! I'm also going to glaze a blue one too, What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2007 8:35 AM

flawless

Friggin Beautiful! The texture and the orange on the inside look BAM! Congrats to you and GoGo! :)

GT

Thanks Teakey and Ken!

GT

My latest ceramic party bowl, Go Tiki "Tidal Pool" I wanted to make a cool vintage look, Oceanic drinking bowl, So here it is! It's 7 inches tall, And hold a whopping 112 oz. Of yummy beverages, I went for a vintage look mermaid inside a reef, Hence the name "Tidal Pool" I wanted to give a 360 degree view so lots of pics. I used a brown under glaze and then let Dani do some magic on it! And like Ken and Emril say, Bam! I'm thinking of making about 20 or so of these, As you can see like my "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel" there is a lot of work involved here. What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

That is so beautiful, great work Go and Dani!!!!!!!

Very Cool....Nice work on the glaze!!!!

On 2007-11-26 18:03, GO TIKI wrote:
"BIG MO" Got Laid! Dani hand customized a "Big Mo" Tiki mug with a hibiscus lai and bamboo glaze work, Not a decal as seen by many ceramist, I think I'll underglaze a light brown one next time, So that the flowers and bamboo pops! What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

[/quote

I love this

On 2007-12-05 19:28, GO TIKI wrote:
My latest ceramic party bowl, Go Tiki "Tidal Pool" I wanted to make a cool vintage look, Oceanic drinking bowl, So here it is! It's 7 inches tall, And hold a whopping 112 oz. Of yummy beverages, I went for a vintage look mermaid inside a reef, Hence the name "Tidal Pool" I wanted to give a 360 degree view so lots of pics. I used a brown under glaze and then let Dani do some magic on it! And like Ken and Emril say, Bam! I'm thinking of making about 20 or so of these, As you can see like my "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel" there is a lot of work involved here. What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

I would like one if there is a list? ??? WOW WEE!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies