Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

GT

Thank You! For the commercial break! Awesome pictures Hank and Rita, We'll be using Your pictures on my X-Mas cards next year, You look very Handsome says Dani, Very Nice my Friend, Happy Holidays, Gogo and Dani

GT

My Go Tiki - "Swizzler" AP-2 is done, I added a relief in the front, Makes it look pretty cool, No more dusty swizzle sticks! Every tiki bar needs one! Whatcha Think, Happy Holiday's All, Thank You, This is my first ceramic piece for 2009

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-12-19 20:03 ]

Cool idea and nicely done!

GT

The 2008 Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho's all sold out fast, I wanted to make a large edition but it wasn't to be! So I just made 10 only, Thanks all who bought one! Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-12-24 21:57 ]

Gogo,

I hope you and Dani had a terrific Christmas. Here are photos of the FOM Collection and details of the new FOM Fez mug.

Gogo's FOM Collection:

The Fez Mug:

The Fez Mug's inner moai:

Mahalo for some great stuff my friend.

On 2008-12-05 21:02, GO TIKI wrote:
Hi All, Here is my AP of my " Go-Mo-Bowl " The glazing is very rich and vibrant, In which you can only get from a hand made item, I make all my ceramics from start to finish, Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

Gotiki your art keeps getting better & better in fact, your contribution to the "Brick & Mortar" "Tis the season to be Tiki" show is outstanding, some of the best originals Ive seen yet. This photo above the "Go-mo-Bowl is my favorite, what a great mid century look... a classic in deed. I want one please. The lamps & fiberglass lamp shades are especially packed with coolness too.

If you haven't been to the show at Brick & Mortar get out there & have a see it's a fantastic group show you won't want to miss.
1505 no. Gardner Street Hollywood 90046

H

On 2008-12-24 20:33, GO TIKI wrote:

Lol! Thanks guys. Eat yer heart out Buzzy!:wink:

That Tiki Torch mug is freakin rad!

Dig the concept!!!

" What are those crazy people doing

drinking out of a Tiki Torch!!!"

Classic !

GT

Thanks, Mike - Matt - Kelly -Ben - Buzzy/Hank? Here is a new hand made sculpt I made, It's called "Skullcano" I had made this originally as a solid sculpt a year ago, But it was to hard to mold, It didn't turn out, I tried twice, Even with a four part mold, To much 3D action going on here! So, I made a one of a kind for Grog's show, Or I might sell before and make another? Each skull is hand carved, I was going to go three skull levels high as my original sculpt, But trying to keep the weight down on this mini bowl:

I also was playing with some red clay, I bought for some of my new PNG stuff coming soon, I know this sculpt isn't a PNG look, But I thought I'd try the red clay on a Tiki Idol looking mug, It's in a rough sculpt stage, But you can get the idea, I was going to make this also as a one of, But I think I might mold this and make a few, I like the way it looks!

Lastly, I wanted to see what two different clay bodies turn out looking like on this one of a kind mug, Red and White, I overlaid the white body clay over the red on the bottom, Just to see what it turns out like, You can see the red clay in the circles, Overlaid with the white clay, Might be a cool effect? We will see!

Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

The skullcano is way cool! I like the red clay, I've been playing with some brown Laguna WC373 because I like the natural clay colors. I even tried a 3 clay body piece with porcelain, WC373, and SOldate 60 for white, brown, and yellow.

GT

Very Cool Mike, The different clay colors should be a cool look, I used Aardvark clay, But probably very much the same as Laguna clay? I was just going to clear glaze and let the clay bring out there natural colors, Instead of glazing over them, Thank You for the awesome kiln plug! Mahalo! Gogo

GT

I have been working on a fun volcano bowl, 3 hula girl bowl, Here's the sculpt, Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

That's awesome!

Very nice. Can't wait to see it finished and glazed.

Jeff

I Love It!

T

looks like that really great vintage tiki bowl out there with the three ladies. But better due to the volcano.

that hut on the side makes me wanna go live there!
you two are TOO much!
:)

Cool Gogo, I dig the Gogo style "Vicious Virgin" Wahines and the hut is real unique, I'll move in there with Ken, we will through a party & hell, we'll invite ya :roll: Will the volcano be deep so that it will hold dry ice? All your new stuff looks great I am likeing the red clay mug. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff at the Tonga Hut...

H

The new volcano bowl is just great, can't wait to see the finished piece.

GT

Thanks All, For the kind responses back, My new " Goon Bowl " I didn't add too much detail on this bowl, I want to heavy glaze it, The small details would be lost any way, I'll post some pictures when done, I want the glaze to be the art more than the sculpt on this one! If that makes sense! I made the center a dry ice chamber, Instead of a flame chamber, The cut out of the eyes are higher than the liquid level, So it should bubble and smoke pretty cool? Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

GT

I have been working with some different red clays, I made some pendents to start about 6 months ago, I wanted a different look, Then some mugs about 2 months ago, I wanted to try out different glazes on darker bisque, Instead of a white bisque, After trying a bunch of glaze combinations, I like the way this turned out the best on this pendant:

Using red clay is very messy! Like Blood, It stains clothes and just get on everything! Like being in a surgery center!

Here is my latest un-glazed red clay bowl "Big Red" After glazing a bunch of pendants, I know how I want to glaze it, And which glazes work and don't, Glazing on a darker bisque is different than a white for sure, I have learned, Trail and Error!:

Whatcha Think, Cheers! Gogo

GT

I have finally completed my red and white clay one of a kind mug, Not from a mold, I inlaid the eyes New Zealand blue/green abalone and the bottom California brown/caramel abalone.

Also my all red clay, One of a kind mug, I glazed it so it looks like it was buried for a couple hundred years, It really looks very old in real life!

Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

T

That last one looks great

They both look great Gogo. I take it you inlaid the abalone after it was fired? What did you attach (glue) them in with?

GT

Thanks Teakey and Mike, Mike I used an industrial grade glue, It goes on like Elmers Glue but sets up very well, You'd need a pry-bar to get those abalone shells back out! Thanks Guys! Cheers! Gogo

GT

Some new stuff, First is double tiki bowl, I like the way my glaze work turned out on this:

Next is a simple bowl, With a dry ice chamber inside, The eyes have holes in it, For a cool effect:

Next, NOT TIKI! My lidded rum jug, Has a straw hole in the top:

And Lastly is my one of a kind Skullcano bowl, Each skull is hand sculpted and then attached to a hand formed volcano:

Wow! So many awesome pieces on this thread.
Hard to single out one as my favorite.
Me getting sensory overload...skullcano!
Are you included in the new Tiki mug book
by Korero? I hope so.

[ Edited by: Iokona Ki'i 2009-02-22 09:44 ]

Gogo - your work is going global...

Took this picture among others when your moai recently went to visit the real ones...

GT

Thank You! ( Iokona Ki'i ) Yes I'm included: "Tiki Mugs : Cult Artifacts Of Polynesian Pop" By Jay Strongman, I'm honored to be included with all the Great ceramic mug makers, As I have collected and admired their art for years! It's very cool to be in the book for sure, Thank You! And if that's not enough, Joe ( Leasure Master ) post that Awesome picture of my F-O-M mug on " Rapa Nui " Easter Island, That gave me a chill down the spine for sure! Thank You, My Friend, All I can say is Awesome! Mahalo! Gogo

Very cool pieces here GoTiki! The quality is excellent too...

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 26, 2009 9:35 AM

Have you glazed this yet? GROG want to see how the finished version turned out.

On 2009-01-11 14:07, GO TIKI wrote:
I have been working on a fun volcano bowl, 3 hula girl bowl, Here's the sculpt, Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

GT

It broke Grog, I'll have to make a new one when I get a chance.

Here is my Sam's/Kona Salute to the Swordfish ceramic art:

Vintage Sam's swordfish/clam shell bowl:

Swordfish mug/glass/vase:

Sam's/Kona Swordfish Bowl:

The bottoms on all three are signed and with the date of the show, Then clear glazed over, Never coming off!

Whatcha Think? Mahalo! and Cheers! Gogo

Lookin' good. I like the colors on the bowl. If you had buried a cotton cord in the swordfish of the bowl, you could have used him as a straw :)

Really love the glazing on the double bowl--perfect!

GT

Thanks A Bunch! Mike and Zero,

The Sam's/Kona Show was packed, Hundreds of people, Very cool turn out, Great Job Eric, Thank You all that bought some of our art:

We sold some cool stuff at a good price! And some cool lamps with some " Deadly Night Shades " Vintage style lamp shades, Thank You!

Dani and Myself:

The clam shell bowl sold! One wanted it now! Very cool! Thank You!

Next: Please come out and get some cool stuff at a very low price, One of's - Seconds - AP's - And New Stuff! Time to unload! Hope to see you!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2009-03-01 02:42 ]

T

Hey Gogo!

That dry ice chamber bowl is great! Would love to see it in action!

Thank you so much for your contributions to the Kona show! Glad you sold some work!

It was great seeing you and Dani again on Saturday.

GT

Thanks a bunch Eric, All ways nice to see you, Thanks for including Dani and I in your fun events.

Here's a fun mug, Just out of the mold, I made a copy of this vintage mug, I made my version without the mustache, eyebrows and added a raised LUSH on the fez hat, To make a fun mug for: The Grand Mystic Poobah "Marty Lush" of The Tikiyaki Orchestra, It's the Marty Lush Mug, I'll just be making a small batch of these, Just for fun! For Marty, I'll post pictures when I clean up the mold lines and it's fired and glazed. Thank You! This is just a for fun mug for the swap meet show. I'm not selling these.

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2009-03-11 14:41 ]

GoTiki,

It was nice to meet you and Dani at the book signing yesterday. I was very unfamiliar with your work until today.
I appreciate your interest in the ceramics world. Its a dieing craft in my oppinion and we need more people taking it up, IMO its a very underated art form. Its super cool and exciting to see so many people now giving it a whirl and to see what things they come up with. It looks like you have acquired a great passion for it and are having alot of fun.

With that said though after looking through the many pages here Im a bit concerned. If you put your name on somthing that is of bought molds or found objects I would reccomend you alter it much much more. Be very carefull as you might be infringing on others rights.

Darn you! You beat me to the treasure chest... got mine coming out in a couple weeks. Thought I had come up with an original idea. Darn it!

-m

[ Edited by: stuckieshaft 2009-03-08 22:51 ]

GT

Thanks Miles, Nice to have meet you too, I don't make much duncan or westwood re-pop stuff anymore, I know there is no copyright on the home artist molds, The treasure chest is cool, I can't wait to see yours! Mahalo! Gogo

Aight

[ Edited by: stuckieshaft 2009-03-09 19:01 ]

GT

Finished glazed just for fun! Marty Lush mug, Copy of a vintage mug:

CJ

On 2009-03-23 20:04, GO TIKI wrote:
Finished glazed just for fun! Marty Lush mug, Copy of a vintage mug:

ha! nice one

B

I like this one GoGo...he looks like my neighbor :)

How fun! You go Gogo :)

I love those shriner guys gogo - they have a little Jack Nicholson resemblance there....

GT

Thanks All, Coco Joe, Babalu and MadDogMike, These Guys are going off with the ceramics! Check them out! And Thanks my friend Sam Gambino, Great art all the time! I haven't had a chance to make something in awhile, Since Dani and I are getting Hitched! How Lucky am I to get such a Great Gal! I have been very busy! I thought I'd have a go and make some stemware martini and/or margi glass stemware, In the same fashion as the Great Martiki and Dos Tikos, Dani likes both Martini's and Margi's so here is my stemware that I made for fun!, I'll post pictures of the finish stemware soon

Mahalo! Whatcha Think? Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2009-04-04 22:36 ]

GT

Check This Out!

Hey Gogo!

There are BRAND NEW Exotica demos up on my myspace site. Sure hope you enjoy them. I added an updated post on the TC music forum too, including the upcoming release date. Thanks SO much for your support!

Cheers!~

Andy
http://www.myspace.com/tikijoesocean

Very Cool Andy, Mahalo! Gogo

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Apr 5, 2009 6:19 AM

Well, congratulations GoGo and Dani!! You two are perfect for each other. Many years of happiness to come...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies