Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

GT

Dani and Myself, Would Love to see you all at " Tiki Oasis " Stop by and say Hi, What a Great event to see Good friends and to Meet new ones! Mahalo! All, See You Soon! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2009-08-13 23:10 ]

GT

Thanks All, I forgot to post some pictures of my 3 Wahine bowl, I think it turned out very well! Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

A blonde, a brunette, a redhead, and a tiki mug - what more could a man ask for?!

Good to see the two of you at Oasis

MN

That bowl is great Gogo. How much does the tiki hold

T

Man, that is beautiful!

GT

Thanks All, For the kind post, I hope this guy turns out when I mold it, The ( Tiki Traveler ) Mug, We will see! I still need to finish sand this greenware sculpt, Mahalo! Gogo

sweet stuff!!! Great job!

GT

Thanks All, Dani and I wanted to make a fun mug for SoccerTiki for his bachelor party, I think his mug turned out pretty cool! Thanks for your help too, WooHooWahine!

We wanted to capture his cool jacket and fez hat look, And a must have, The soccer ball too!

That mug is over the top! Very unique, and knowing the recipient, it will get A LOT of use.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 1:20 PM

Kelly? Kelly? Where's Kelly!!

The mug screams for a signature SoccerTiki tropi-drinky

Great glaze work Gogo!

M
mp posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 6:23 PM

Gotiki and Dani great work! Love the soccetiki mug.

On 2009-09-16 13:20, TikiG wrote:
Kelly? Kelly? Where's Kelly!!

The mug screams for a signature SoccerTiki tropi-drinky

Lets do it!

GT

My new mug, Version #1, " Tiki Traveler " Cheers! Gogo

LT

Looks interesting!

Gogo, good to see you're still alive :)

GT

Hey Mike, Thank You!, I took a lil' break!

After making the first and original Santa Moai mug, "Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho", I thought I'd make a small batch up this year, Of a different look, "Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho #2" Rough mug, I'll post pictures after he's glazed, Cheers! Gogo

T

Love your new mug! Can't wait to see him glazed up.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Dec 4, 2009 8:59 AM

Hey Gogo you are a tad late in making this mug. The Bamboo Ben mug was done some time ago. Cheers

On 2009-09-16 12:55, GO TIKI wrote:
Thanks All, Dani and I wanted to make a fun mug for SoccerTiki for his bachelor party, I think his mug turned out pretty cool! Thanks for your help too, WooHooWahine!

We wanted to capture his cool jacket and fez hat look, And a must have, The soccer ball too!

Hey, that's cool! Who's he marrying?

GT

WooHooWahine! Freddie Haha, Not Hano Paul! Here is some pictures of the finished glazed " Mo-Ho-Ho-Ho " mug, Teakey, The only resemblance between the Bamboo Ben mug and my Santa Moai that I can see, Is they are both mugs? Cheers! Gogo

GT

Nothing says Merry Christmas, like a Hodaddy in your tree! Happy Holiday's All TC'ers From Gogo and Dani, Cheers!

GT

Dani and I are making some fun bowls for the Don the beachcombers, Tikiyaki Orchestra - Eliminators, New Years eve bash! I'm trying to get out 3 bowls for the raffle, Here is the first sculpted bowl, A PNG look, I'll post pictures when it is finished glazed too. Cheers! Gogo

WoooooHoooooo! Another Masterpiece by you & Dani :)

Indeed....that is a beauty!!!

GT

Thanks All, What a bummer bowl #2 for the New Years bash broke when I was finish sanding it, That happens! I really wanted this bowl to turn out, Oh well, Next time! Three Big Head Moai bowl broken, It's like spilling a real good cocktail! What a bummer! On the bright side one more to go, Let's see if it turns out? Cheers! Gogo\

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 29, 2009 11:03 AM

You can fix it. Pull apart the pieces, wet the cracked area and add slip to the cracked parts and put them back together. The slip will dry pretty quick if the greenware is pretty dry. Once it's dry, sand it down being real careful. Handle carefully. Once it's fired. It'll be good to go.

T

How disappointing the bowl cracked! I hope you take Grog's advice & give it another try.

GT

Thanks Tobor64, And Grog, I have tried that before, It never turns out just right, But thank you for the kind input, We finished glazed the first PNG style bowl, I call it " Tok Pisin " Fisherman in the language of the people in Papua New Guinea, I like they way this bowl turned out, The glaze work really pops out on this one, Come out to the Tikiyaki Orchestra / Don The Beachcombers New Years Eve bash for a chance to win it in the raffle, Cheers! Gogo

GT

Our " Fisherman " bowl, Was presented by Marty Lush on New Year, Thanks Tikiyaki, I'm not sure if it was given to a TC' member, Never the less a Tiki enthusiast I hope! Maybe she will post a response? What a Great night at Don The Beachconmber! Cheers! Gogo

Photo by: Tim Keenan, Thank You!

On 2009-12-30 10:03, GO TIKI wrote:

That Marq head inside the bowl would be a killer mug all by itself, if it isn't already.

On 2010-01-05 18:46, 4WDtiki wrote:

That Marq head inside the bowl would be a killer mug all by itself, if it isn't already.

That's not a Marq head. It's apparently a PNG head:

On 2009-12-30 10:03, GO TIKI wrote:
We finished glazed the first PNG style bowl, I call it " Tok Pisin " Fisherman in the language of the people in Papua New Guinea,

I never knew that CocoJoe's pendant looking face on the bottom was PNG either. Guess I need to do more "research."

:roll:

What's in name, anyway?
Buzzy Out!

GT

Thank You 4wd, I might make that into a mug someday.

First of all, Buzzy, I was going for a CocoJoe's looking face but on a larger scale, So that's cool you noticed, I'm bummed that you don't think the bamboo looks like bamboo though. The name of the bowl is Fisherman in PNG or Polynesian hince the fish! This is just a my art inception, Nothing more!

Some research for you Buzzy

Definitions:

Polynesia is generally defined as the islands within the Polynesian triangle. The term "Polynesia", meaning many islands, was first used by Charles de Brosses in 1756, and originally applied to all the islands of the Pacific. Jules Dumont d'Urville in an 1831 lecture (talk) to the Geographical Society of Paris proposed a restriction on its use.

Geographically, and oversimply, Polynesia may be described as a triangle with its corners at Hawaii, New Zealand and Easter Island. The other main island groups located within the Polynesian triangle are Samoa, Tonga, the Cook Islands, Tuvalu, Tokelau, Niue, Wallis and Futuna and French Polynesia.

A Polynesian island group outside of this great triangle is Rotuma which is the north of the Fijian islands. There are also small outlier Polynesian enclaves in Papua New Guinea, the Solomons, The Caroline Islands, some of the Lau group to Fiji's southeast and in Vanuatu. However, in essence, Polynesia is an anthropological term referring to one of the three parts of Oceania (the others being Micronesia and Melanesia) whose pre-colonial population generally belongs to one ethno-cultural family as a result of centuries of maritime migrations, Many Polynesian island shared many traditions do to their maritime migrations, Including carvings, pottery, and tapas.

Gogo:

There are a lot of references out there, Self expression of art should be excepted, Because it's an artist rendition of something he has seen! But if it would make you feel better, Here is another bowl that I made, Marquesas Islands Bowl! Cheers! Gogo

One of a kind glaze, By Gogo and Dani

Gogo Out!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2010-01-11 16:10 ]

GT

I wanted to make some stemware for martini glasses, Dani loves martini's, So here is the rough sculpt of " Wahine Martini " We will add the martini glass after glazing and a hula skirt, I think these will turn out pretty cool, I'll post some finish pictures later:

Next, I really think Squid and Babalu's drum mug turned out Great, I have been working on one for awhile myself, I wanted to make mine a little bit large, Because I want to drink beer out of mine, I also made a mold of the base drum sculpt, So I can add various sculptured pieces to it, I have been to a few museums and have seen the pottery from this Oceanic region, So with the help of Dani, I'm going to glaze this piece, To look old and authentic:

Cheers! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2010-01-11 16:40 ]

T

Is that a BenZart pendent casting on that Drum mug? BEER!

or a hukilau pendent?

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2010-01-11 17:59 ]

GT

A hand sculpt, I'm unaware of any Benzart pendent, Never seen one, Yes I like beer, Hano, Kona, Primo, Saparo and Tsingto too!

L

I love that martini glass.

curious...on the mugs where you add the grass skirt it looks almost like the skirt is sometimes come out a little too stiff. I was wondering if instead of using raffia (or sea grass. not sure what you use) you ever thought of using maybe a silkier material...something with a little more flow to it. Kind of like what they used on older hula nodder.

not like I know shit about making mugs :) but I assume something as delicate as a martini glass you would hand wash anyways which would allow for you to use such a material.

just a thought! cant wait to see the stemware all complete regardless of what type of skirt she(they) end up with!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-11 21:08 ]

Hubba Hubba!

Gogo, I found some brown poly twine (Do It Center brand) I used for a mug skirt. Granted, it's not a "natural material", but it's soft, strong, waterproof, and it still looks similar to rafia.

GOGO!!! I can't wait to see the finished "Martini Wahine"!!! She's a beauty!

GT

Thanks Teakey, Still don't know what your refereeing to, But Thanks all the same, Leiliz, Dani makes skirts out of a material similar to raffia but synthetic, She makes the skirts like a necklace attachment so you can un-hook it, Then re-attach it after washing, Thanks Maddogmike for the info, I'll look into it it, Very nice of you! And TY too Soccertiki my bro! Cheers! Gogo

T

On 2010-01-17 00:43, GO TIKI wrote:
Thanks Teakey, Still don't know what your refereeing to, But Thanks all the same, Cheers! Gogo

Here, I found the pendent in the tiki pendent collection thread.

This is a photo from the collection of Boutiki

GT

Kinda similar in shape Teakey, Not the same though, Here is a picture of my finished PNG look drum mug, I'm going to drink beer out of mine! I made this for myself, I think the glaze turned out very, close to an original PNG clay piece, And that was the look I was going for, I have seen a good share of originals, Which the makers are limited to the colors I used, Cheers! Gogo

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 8, 2010 3:01 PM

Nice. Is that airbrushed? Turned out well.

GT

Hey Grog, It's both hand and air brushed, Here is some pictures of the " Wahine Martini " Martini glass, I think it turned out pretty cool! Cheers! Gogo

Gogo, both the stemware and the giant beer mug turned out great! :)

GT

Thanks All, Come out for all the fun, Join Dani and Myself for some great art and bands at:

On 2010-02-10 12:16, GO TIKI wrote:
....Here is some pictures of the " Wahine Martini " Martini glass, I think it turned out pretty cool! Cheers! Gogo

WOW! That's fantastic!!!! Where does the line form for this beaut?

GT

VooDoo Pendent: Cheers Gogo

I don't give a damb what you think! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies