Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

H

Holy cowz! I just breezed through your thread for the first time in a while--you've been busy! Lotsa very cool stuff! I particularly dig the mermaid glass and the conch is a great idea!

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2008 9:47 AM

I'd suggest moving the holes in the top further apart. If it is to be practical and actually drunk from, you'd knock heads trying...

GT

Thanks for all the nice feedback! Swanky your right! It would be a head-knocker with short straws, I should of taken the picture with long straws, As with all bowls, barrels, and the like, One must have long straws around for multiable drinkers, As the treasure chest functions in the same way, Thanks Swanky! Mahalo! Gogo

B

Excellent stuff GoTiki, I think this is my first visit to your thread, darn it why am I so Lazy, Gotta come back for more. Love the chest, the details are great and colors Fantastic.

GT

Thanks All, Thanks a bunch Ben Davis, I have all ways liked your art!

Some New Stuff:

First is my Go Tiki (Loa Tiki) Mug - Loa meaning Tall

Next is my Go Tiki (Pokole Tiki) Mug - Pokole meaning Small

Next is my Go Tiki (King Kamehameha) Mug - I wanted to glaze it like a lava look sculpt with a gold helmet, But gold glaze has lead in it, So I went for a pewter - chrome look glaze instead.

Lastly is my Go Tiki (Ta Moko) Maori Mug - Dani thinks he's creepy! I like the detail myself!

What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

Comming soon! Lonley Mermaid clam shell bowl!

S

I don't like the red lips on the moko. Reminds me of a wrinkled old lady instead of tattooed! Otherwise, I dig your designs. Very creative stuff!

GT

Thanks Swanky, I was teeter - tootering on that one myself, I think I'll do it next time without, Thanks for your input! Gogo

B

Great work you two! Hope we can hook up at one of these functions down the road sometime. Some very creative stuffs happening in the Go-Go studios...

GT

On 2008-07-18 15:19, Babalu wrote:
Great work you two! Hope we can hook up at one of these functions down the road sometime. Some very creative stuffs happening in the Go-Go studios...

That would be a fun one for sure! Hooking up and selling some "Hand" made items, From one artist to another, I vote your latest mug as the all time great! Mug of the year at the least! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=24647&forum=18&start=180&201 Mahalo! Gogo

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Jul 18, 2008 4:42 PM

The white skin, blond hair and red lips don't really work for me (very much a "Pakeha Maori"), but if you make a version the same colour (golden brown) as the candle it's cast from I'd be all over it:

I had one of these forever growing up (til I finally burnt it in my 20s) and have wanted another for ages. A ceramic version for my mug cabinet would be even better!

GT

On 2008-07-18 16:42, Paipo wrote:
The white skin, blond hair and red lips don't really work for me (very much a "Pakeha Maori"), but if you make a version the same colour (golden brown) as the candle it's cast from I'd be all over it:

I had one of these forever growing up (til I finally burnt it in my 20s) and have wanted another for ages. A ceramic version for my mug cabinet would be even better!

I did use a picture I found on-line as the base for my mug design, I can make you one, No problem, Mine is a little different from the candle, It appears the candle is much of the same as the picture, I sculpted from, But the top and bottom is a little different?

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-18 17:21 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-18 17:22 ]

GT

Here is my picture, I found on-line for my base sculpt.

I hope I didn't make to close of a copy someones work? I didn't know someone made a candle like the picture too? I think to save face, Even though I put a lot of work into this mug, I won't make it, To close to someone else work!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-18 17:42 ]

GT

Here is my Go Tiki (Lonely Mermaid) Clam Shell Bowl - I think it turned out pretty cool, Cocktail bowl for one or two people, Long straws work best!

What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

T
Tabu posted on Sat, Jul 19, 2008 11:20 AM

The "Lonely Mermaid" bowl is a beauty. The mugs are very cool as well. The eyes on the Maori mug are haunting.

C

Very cool Lonely Mermaid, Gogo!! But me thinks she needs a hot little Merman next to her to make her a little less lonely :wink:

Great new batch of work you two!
king kamehameha is simple/stylish/and elegant!
and the lonely mermaid is very sweet!
You're like a factory of two!
:)

GoGo,

I finally got a chance to break in my FOM mug up at Bargoyle's Lono Lounge in CT this past weekend.

Let me know when I can get a Kamehameha mug? Oasis?

T

Go, you're making good molds and the the glazes are detailed and a great color combination. You should make an orignal design / sclupt and start to sell mugs that are Go Go tiki. Like a run of 50. Love to see that

Gogo and Dani - I just don't even know what to say anymore.

You really just keep bringin' it. Bigtime.

Thanks for posting all your work - it is so great to see (and buy!)

GT

On 2008-07-23 15:10, teaKEY wrote:
Go, you're making good molds and the the glazes are detailed and a great color combination. You should make an orignal design / sclupt and start to sell mugs that are Go Go tiki. Like a run of 50. Love to see that

Thanks Teakey, I do make very many original sculpts and I do runs on the items from 25 to 50 all ready depending on the complexity! I do sometimes make some items from vintage molds that I acquire, Which I don't call my own, But I have many original items out Teakey, Look back at my thread! Mahalo! Gogo

Lamps are in the kiln! Stay tuned for pics.!

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Jul 24, 2008 4:40 PM

Well you called that candle your own when it very obviously isn't, and then concocted some ludicrous story about using a pic which looks nothing like it:

I couldn't care less if you're selling it - the guy who made the sculpt in the 60s probably wouldn't care either if he's still around - but I do find it odd you're trying to pass it off as something you created from scratch. If you use source material, credit it - putting a lei on a Pisco moai decanter, a fez on an OMC moai or chopping the topknot off a Maori Head candle doesn't make it an "original sculpt". If it's a repro, sell it as such.

GT

On 2008-07-24 16:40, Paipo wrote:
Well you called that candle your own when it very obviously isn't, and then concocted some ludicrous story about using a pic which looks nothing like it:

I couldn't care less if you're selling it - the guy who made the sculpt in the 60s probably wouldn't care either if he's still around - but I do find it odd you're trying to pass it off as something you created from scratch. If you use source material, credit it - putting a lei on a Pisco moai decanter, a fez on an OMC moai or chopping the topknot off a Maori Head candle doesn't make it an "original sculpt". If it's a repro, sell it as such.

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different, I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 18:20 ]

GT

On 2008-07-24 18:19, GO TIKI wrote:

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different,The eyes, Nose, Mouth, Hair Line, ect. I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo
My Hair line, Nose, Eyes, and Mouth are different, I think, What you all think? A copy?

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 19:06 ]

On 2008-07-24 19:02, GO TIKI wrote:

On 2008-07-24 18:19, GO TIKI wrote:

It's Cool, If you look real close my sculpt lines are different,The eyes, Nose, Mouth, Hair Line, ect. I realy did this from a picture! Still not going to sell it, Too close to your candle art, No Big deal, on to the next project! Thanks for letting me know! Mahalo! Gogo
My Hair line, Nose, Eyes, and Mouth are different, I think, What you all think? A copy?

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-24 19:06 ]

The face and the unique base of the candle/mug look pretty identical to me. Good mold and glaze job though.

GT

Thanks All for your post and opions,

Leisure Master-Joe
Babalu
Paipo
Tabu
RugbyMatt
Croe67-Caroline

Here is a project, I have been working on for awhile Go Tiki - "Surf Rider 1960" I'm happy to finally get some lamps out, This is the first in a serious of 10 or so, Different lamps of 25 to 50 of each, Depending on the complexity, The Greenish lamp is a high fire glaze, Looks real cool in person, I work a lot with my brown under glaze - glaze combo, I like the results, I probably going to sell the lamps with custom fiberglass shades at the shows, And if I ship them I'll probably just give a contact number or web-link to where I buy mine from, To save on shipping, What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 11:27 ]

T

Two thumbs up on the lamps

Gogo,
that green glaze is rich! Nice choice

GT

I think the picture looks like both my sculpt and the candle for the most part, Any way Paipo thanks for your opinion.

The lamps are a winner! I want one!!!

Aloha GoTiki.

Cool lamp base. Do you know who originally made the mold? It's one of those mysteries that plagues me.

This guy lives in my guest bathroom. (Sorry, he's a little dusty.)

GT

I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps. I have some cool lamps that I have sculpted comming soon!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 21:21 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-07-25 21:22 ]

On 2008-07-25 21:19, GO TIKI wrote:
I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps.

Darn. I was really hoping for a maker's name or something. But thank you for the info.

Is the mold that you have two-sided or just one? The piece I showed has a flat back, so I'm assuming it came from a one-sided mold.

GT

On 2008-07-26 07:06, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2008-07-25 21:19, GO TIKI wrote:
I was given this original mold, From a lady in San Diego to make a couple of lamps in exchange for the mold, She said it was from 1960, There is no markings on the mold, Actually the mold is made for a statue, I converted it to make lamps.

Darn. I was really hoping for a maker's name or something. But thank you for the info.

Is the mold that you have two-sided or just one? The piece I showed has a flat back, so I'm assuming it came from a one-sided mold.

Hey Kate, My mold came as a two sided mold, But I had to modify it a lot to make it work as a lamp, Especially the back half. Mahalo! Gogo

C

COOL lamp, gogo!! I especially like the green - is he a similar green to your Moai mug - or a bit different? Looks like it might be in the same green family, but not identical?

GT

Hi Caroline, I did use the same color as "Big-Mo" except I used a brown under-glaze, Then the greenish blended glaze, Then at high fire, The glaze looks more molten with a light brown hue. It looks real cool, The pictures don't show the vibrant colors, Thanks Caroline, Mahalo! Gogo

I always look at the artist post to see what people make, I often say to myself, Why didn't I think of that! Well this is a simple idea, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before, As far as I know of? Not as simple to make as it seems, I modified some tiki torches and made some cool, luau party mugs, The center on the lid is recessed in to add a crouton and Bacardi 151 to make a flame, like a real tiki torch, For the daring! I had to modify the lid with a drink hole and a interior rib, So the lid wouldn't slide of the mug. What you think? Gogo

The Tiki torch mug is outstanding. You should make those in ceramic. What a great idea. So far as I know that's totally original. I've never seen that before.

GT

On 2008-07-27 17:44, khan_tiki_mon wrote:
The Tiki torch mug is outstanding. You should make those in ceramic. What a great idea. So far as I know that's totally original. I've never seen that before.

These are ceramic khan_tiki_mon, Fresh out of the kiln! They do look like the real thing! Mahalo! Gogo

Way too cool. I need to get some of those.

thats awesome, verry origional and cooool

T

Looks cool, just be careful

Remember

TK

I did some of those back in 2000. They were featured in Tiki News. I think it was the last issue. #17? Never went into production though, beyond the couple dozen I did for the Luau.

Yours look a little more "Realistic" though. Neat.

http://www.tikiking.com Neat Tiki and Ukulele Stuff to see and buy
http://www.tikiking.com/idol Hear the King sing!

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2008-07-28 08:41 ]

GT

Very Cool! Was yours ceramic TikiKing?

Hey! that's really Cool!

Gogo - you're seriously killin' my bank account - now I gotta have torch mugs too!

I should just have you charge my credit card every month and send me one of whatever you happen to be making! :D

J

I'd like two torch mugs!

TK

On 2008-07-31 19:13, GO TIKI wrote:
Very Cool! Was yours ceramic TikiKing?

Yep, Ceramic. I used to have a Luau every year, and would make 40-50 mugs for the guests. You can see the designs from all the various years on my websight, http://www.tikiking.com
Go to the Tiki section, then Luau, then mugs.
(don't forget to visit the store!)
Cheers!
Tiki King

http://www.tikiking.com Neat Tiki and Ukulele Stuff to see and buy
http://www.tikiking.com/idol Hear the King sing!

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2008-08-01 15:39 ]

GT

Hi All, Some new lamps I have been working on, The first is "GO-T-Moai" Lamp:

The next items are heading to the Oasis 8

The next is "Tiki-Tiki" Lamp:

"Pokole" Custom AP-2 very cool detail glaze by Dani:

Dani is starting to make some cool jewelery, Ceramic necklaces, earings, and bracelets by "Go-Tiki / Trinkets By Dani":

Dani and Myself are not vending this year at the Oasis, But some cool Go-Tiki items will be there, Goto "Freaky BouTiki's" booth and see Hank, What you think? Mahalo! Gogo

GT

Opps Forgot! Saturday and Sunday - Oasis 8 - Freaky BouTiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies