Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

New Go Tiki Ceramics ( Goto Pg. # 37 )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies

GT

Some cool glaze on "Big Mo" Yellow with Turquoise Hue: What You Think? Mahalo! Gogo

HaHa! :0 Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-23 23:35 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-23 23:40 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-24 00:09 ]

L

Ooooh I like 'em! 'Mo-ho-ho' is cool! :D

Liana

G
GROG posted on Fri, Oct 24, 2008 12:26 AM

Do you mean "Whatcha think?"

C

Really like the Moai with the Yellow/Turquoise hue - very cool.

But I prefer the Mo-Ho-Ho WITH the hat - he is supposed to be Santa, afterall & Santa wears a Hat :)

Fabulous, as always, Gogo!!!!!!!

GT

Thanks Caroline, I'll make them both ways! Yours will be with the hat! Thanks Llana! My friend Grog your supposed to comment on the ceramics not on my use of words! I think your mug you did looks very cool, Your a well rounded artist! I have some new stuff in the works myself, Thank You for looking! Whatcha Think! :) Cheers Grog!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 25, 2008 6:50 PM

My friend Grog your supposed to comment on the ceramics not on my use of words!
-------------you're-----------------------------------

I think your mug you did looks very cool,
----------Thank you--------------

Your a well rounded artist! ------------Are you saying GROG is fat?
You're-----------------

I have some new stuff in the works myself, Thank You for looking! Whatcha Think
-------Good, looking forward to seeing 'em.

:) Cheers Grog! ------------Cheers!

GT

You would think a caveman would be easy to please! Mahalo! Grog

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-10-25 19:25 ]

GT

My Pin-Up girl ashtray turned out pretty cool! Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

GT

Thanks for looking! Here is my ready for the mold, "Hula Girl Lamp Mug" I glazed this with a thin coat of clear glaze so the plaster wouldn't stick, Not heavy, I wanted to keep the detail, After molding, This wahine will get a grass skirt, hibiscus flower in her hair, coconut bikini top, and a colorful look on the lamp and base, Dani is Great on the detailed stuff! The master was not easy to make, I had to make it in three sections, To sculpt it as a hole piece it would fall over or collapse on me, I know, I tried twice! I'll post the finished mug soon! Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

:o :music: Wolf Whistle :music: :o

Looks good Gogo!

B

GoGo,

Good idea for a mug! How tall is it? Did you carve the girl out of something first, or did you put existing molded parts together for this one? Can't wait to see her glaze fired and sporting the grass skirt. :-)

GT

Hey Babs, I made the top, the girl, and the base all seperate, Bisqued fired, a light clear glaze, then glued together, Next step is to mold it! Thanks Babs and Mike

On 2008-10-31 07:29, Babalu wrote:
GoGo,

Good idea for a mug! How tall is it? Did you carve the girl out of something first, or did you put existing molded parts together for this one? Can't wait to see her glaze fired and sporting the grass skirt. :-)

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-11-01 07:02 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 1, 2008 10:09 AM

You left a seamline around the girl.

GT

Yes, I did that for a reason Grog, I wanted to follow the same mold lines, I made all the pieces separate, So all have mold lines! I did this for a second reason! If I screwed up I could start over again! So each piece was molded separate then attached to make a final master, As described earlier, Mahalo! Grog

I molded it today! Let's see what the outcome is!
Tomorrow I pour!
Whatcha Think! Gogo

Gogo, I missed the ashtray, it turned out sweet! Good luck with your mold.

GT

Thanks Mike and Grog for your comments, I made this fun F-O-M members only lidded "Fez Hat Moai" mug, I think it turned out well, Has a straw hole in the top and a moai inside, Fits well in your hand, Thank You, F-O-M Ahu and Leisure Master, Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2008 9:45 AM

Gogo - Digging the Lamp mug - very different & very cool, too - can;t wait to see it glazed!

&, of course, I'm digging the new FOM Fez mug - can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies!!!!!

Fabulous, as always - don't know how you & Dani do it all! :D

On 2008-10-28 15:59, GO TIKI wrote:
Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

Love it GoGo. I see her as arching over a tiny pool so i might switch glazes so the bikini & pool edges are orange and the water is blue. -Hodaddy

GT

Thanks Caroline and Hank for your post, A new spin on an old classic, My version of a Hula Girl Bowl, I made these in two separate pieces, This way I can make more of the same, Second my Hula Girl Lamp mug out of the mold, I'm excited to get a AP out on this soon! Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

O

that bowl is classy and real has a nice vintage feel, nice work!

GT

Thank You OceaOtica, Here is my latest mug "Big Chip" The glaze looks and feels like a polished river stone, The skull has real black pearls for a cool look! Also Dani and I made a cool "Wahine Pendent" Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

L
Liana posted on Mon, Nov 17, 2008 4:32 PM

Love the new mug Gogo! VERY cool! Great touch with the black pearls :D

Allright, I'm on holidays now - time for me to start making stuff.

Liana.

GT

Thank You Liana, Here is some pictures of our "Hula Girl Lamp" Goblet/Wine glass, I liked the way this turned out, Dani did some great glaze work and the custom skirt is cool, Still working on that a bit, It adds a nice flair for sure! These are not very easy for me to make, So I'll just going to make them on a custom order basis.

Next is our Hula Girl/Wahine Bowl:

Whatcha Think? Mahalo All, Gogo

GT

My "Big Chip" Mug fresh out of the kiln, I made my own glaze on this one, You can't buy this glaze in a store! I think it looks cool with the skulls real black pearl eyes! Mahalo! Gogo

Whatcha Think?

L
Liana posted on Mon, Nov 24, 2008 5:42 PM

Yes! I love that green glaze! Nice job :)

Liana.

Way to gOgO !

GT

Hodadhank, Thanks for supporting our Go Tiki art, Mahalo! Hank and Rita, I have been a little behind on some orders, But I have 4 days off from my 50 hr a week job, So it gives me a chance to catch up! Also it gives me some time to start my 2009 items, Here is my first mold for 2009, I will be molding more stuff this weekend: Go Tiki ( Go-Mo-Bowl ) I think this will be a fun bowl, As you can light the inside of the Moai as a volcano bowl! Happy Thanksgiving all, Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Gogo

Gogo - awesome work as usual.

Can't believe the amazing stuff you and Dani keep coming up with.

Of course, Nicole wants to know if the hula girl in your lamp mug has a mermaid cousin (redheaded, of course....)

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-11-27 05:12 ]

B

Nice work guys....Can't wait to see the lamp all lit up and in a setting somewhere :-) YAY!

C

VERY COOL Go-Mo Bowl - nice work!!!

Want one, when they become available :wink:

GT

Thanks You, Joe ( leisure master ) and Caroline ( Croe67 ) I have been working on some stuff for you guys, And yes Nicole needs a Red Head Hula Girl Lamp Mug! Thanks Babs, It's not a lamp it's a small goblet you drink out of! I should of posted these pictures with the others, Mahalo! Gogo

Dani said screw the straw! I'll just tip it!

GT

Hi all, Thanks for looking! Here is my second vintage "Ken Ocorr" tiki mug, Poured out of a vintage mold, This artist is not credited anywhere for his tiki mugs, That I have come across, Any info: Please post, From time to time I like to revive old tiki art from vintage molds, Most are given to me, Because I enjoy doing them! Mahalo! Gogo

Dani said screw the straw! I'll just tip it!

GoGo...THAT should be what mde you happy today!!!!

WoooooHooOOOOOOooooooooo~
Soccer...I luv ya (both)man!

Dani Rocks!
Chug! Chug! Chug!
:)
Cute goblet GoGo!

GT

Thanks Kinny and Chris, Dani is a Great gal for sure! See you at the art show, This will be a Great time, I hope a bunch of you TC'ers can come to the show, Get yourself some fun Go Tiki ceramics, Or get some cool stuff by all these Great artist:

Mahalo! Gogo

GT

Hi All, Tired of a Dusty Stick! No more dusty swizzle sticks! Here is some pictures of my Go Tiki " Swizzler " Swizzle stick keeper, Your tiki bar is not complete without one of these! Can also be used for a cigar box or trinket box, Each will come with a couple of swizzle sticks to get you going!

The first pictures are of my AP but I have revised the mold to have a swizzle stick relief on the front:

Whatcha Think? I should have one or two for the show! Plus I'll soon post some other new AP ceramics I'm bringing to the show, So check back! Mahalo! Gogo

GT

Hi All, Here is my AP of my " Go-Mo-Bowl " The glazing is very rich and vibrant, In which you can only get from a hand made item, I make all my ceramics from start to finish, Whatcha Think? Cheers! Gogo

L
Liana posted on Fri, Dec 5, 2008 9:52 PM

Go Mo Bowl is awesome!! Very nice work there :)

Liana.

GT

Thank You, Liana

Here is some new pictures of my GO-T-MOAI Lamp, I really like the way this turned out, I wanted it look like a stone Moai:

Actual Moai's Rapa Nui ( Easter Island )

My Go Tiki "GO-T-MOAI" Lamp has a stone glaze finish and topped off with a killer fiberglass vintage look lampshade from my friends at Deadly Nightshades ( http://www.deadlynightshades.com ) Tell them Go Tiki referred you! If you need some cool shades!

Next Lamp: This will be for sale at the Art Show " Tis The Season To Be Tiki " My Beachcomber Lamp, Again another killer shade by Deadly Nightshades

Whatcha Think? Mahalo! Cheers! Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-12-10 22:22 ]

I think these lamps are wonderful and from strolin trough your tread i must say you come up with some killer stuff.
Thank you for showing

Oh. My. God. Go Go and Dani, you never cease to amaze me with your incredible designs.! Okay, you KNOW I'm going to order one of those hulu girl goblets from you (black hair, please)! Hope I can make it to the art show tomorrow. I've been fighting off a cold, so I don't know yet... But I love you guys! And I'll be in touch soon! xx Kari

L

I have to say that the hula girl lamp mug is one of my favorites of your pieces thus far.

I would love to see your Moai lamps with a double barrel shade also.

Great work!

Go-Go...The Beachcomber lamp is awesome. I'd love to see more mugs/ceramics done of vintage Tiki designs from Menus etc....

That Beachcomber is a classic example. Is there a reason you changed the design a bit ?

Love that GO-MO-Bowl too....I think the Moai head would be a great place to light up some 151 and get a little FIRE going out of the top.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-12-11 23:19 ]

T

Hey Gogo!
AWESOME, AMWESOME work! So glad you'r part of the 'Tis The Season To Be Tiki show!
Can't wait to meet you and Dani in person tomorrow night!

Love the lamp!

GT

Thank You All!, Grapa-RuHa, Kari ( Of coarse black! ) leleliz, Jim - tikiyaki, ( The beachcomber is from a vintage mold ) tobunga - Eric and Robb Hamel, Mahalo! Gogo

The lamps are PIYUMP!!!!! The gomo bowl is very original and KEEN!

Aloha GoGo & Dani, wanted to mention Mo Ho Ho Ho #'s 2/10 & 3/10 just dropped at Freaky Boutiki, San Diego's Official Go Tiki Ceramics Headquarters! First PMed, First Served.

Check out what old Insanity Claus is holding!
Is is a tiki torch or is it a bitchin Go Tiki torch mug w/ 151 resevoir and straw hole?

My nomination for coolest concept 2008, btw. Sometimes the simple things are the best!

We now return you to your regular thread hosts!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 559 replies