Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

C.P.R.'s carvings- Aumakua p.23/ PNG p.28/ / Big Hawaiian DONE! (11/29 p.34)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 534 replies

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 17, 2008 5:22 AM

:lol: Buzzy - I just pissed my pants! :lol:

-G$

Too funny!!! Maybe next review Gman?? Now we have some stuff to work on.
Thanks Buzzy.

I love this guy! What a Kick Ass carve!

Thanks Seeks! Still a lot more to do. I need some more updates on yours, it's time to put the carvings back in the schedule!!!!!!!!!!

B

Freak, you are really out doing yourself here, this guy is going to be Excellent and he's Number 4? You're kidding right, you've been carving for awhile now like 5 0r 6 years?
Nice!

J

You guys were having way too much fun. You are a natural at the carving gig, every piece gets better by leaps.

Benz, my first day of carving was on page one of this thread, back in the good old days of carving with a paint scraper!!

JohnnyP, It's always a blast when GMAN is in town! He is the only person I get to carve with twice a year!

Started getting cold, moved back inside. Here are some updates.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 7:29 AM

SWEET! I'm loving this one Freak. How are the bugz?

B

Yeah man, looks pretty neat on the face and very cool.

Benjamin.

Ahhhhh phone pictures right?!
That guy is a beast! Big beautiful beast.
Better get some sharper pictures for the final photos!!

B

Naaw, He's an UGLY Well done Beast You'r really doing well with this guy too. If he starts cracking in the garage, try draping a damp blanket over him when you aren't carving on him, so he stays damp and he won't dry out so fast.
Coming into winter its important to cut trees that are sending all the liquid nutrients to their roots for the winter, those logs will not split nearly as the ones cut when you didn't have a cold front happening.
He's Gonna be one COOL Dude if you finish him before it warms up :P HappyHappy

Lono looks cool. I like the hands. I will use that technique in the future. Check out my thread on the lono I just finished tonight.

S

This is a bad ass carve love him.
Look at that head NICE!

Thanks everybody!!

Yup, those are camera phone pictures. I don't have internet service at home right now so I have to send them by my phone cause I don't want to mess around to much at work (Gov't comp).

Spent all day chiseling, giving him the textured look. It is hard to see on the body because the pictures are blury, but here is a head shot. Still not done, I was mainly working on the body.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Nov 12, 2008 5:08 AM

that sux

thanks!

That is looking Great!

J

On 2008-11-12 05:02, tikifreak1 wrote:
Yup, those are camera phone pictures. I don't have internet service at home right now so I have to send them by my phone cause I don't want to mess around to much at work (Gov't comp).

Bummer, I'd like to see some better photos of this one. Keep up the great work.

I'll get better pics up soon but they won't make it look any better!! I added some diamonds last night. Seeks, you're the man for doing so many on waffle head. It took me a while to figure out how to do them and I didn't even do that many.

[ Edited by: tikifreak1 2008-11-13 05:56 ]

S

Looking great! this big guy is tops.
Love it the head is so cool.
We still need more Pic's

Yes the waffle head diamonds they made me
lose feeling in my hands for days.

Just finished this one quick, running out of time. I tried doing a little experimenting too. The first couple of pics are just stained dark walnut, then when that dried I decided to sand the higher parts and stain with regular walnut. It really didn't work as planned and it is hard to tell from the pics but here you go. Also, the back looks funny because I ended up digging out some bug tracks but tried to make it look somewhat okay but I wasn't really worried about the backside as much.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Nov 29, 2008 2:15 PM

Looks good to me!

Cool, diggin' the corner too!

CJ

uber nice

Good job! Looks alot like Seeksurf's stuff. I was just at his place a week ago and his stuff rules. Your well on your way. Like the dark color on this one. I wanna do one like that in the near future.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-11-29 16:10 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Nov 29, 2008 6:20 PM

Way to go Craig! That is quite a job for your 4th or 5th guy. I am really happy for you. Now get that sucka bagged up (air)tight and get him to a walk-in freezer for a 7 day stay. I would like to see this one be able to be kept inside. Once again, wonderful work. I am very proud of you!!

-G$

Looks great, nice textures.

J

Whahhooo! Nice carve! As G said, great for only your 4th or fifth! I'd be proud to display that in my house.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 5:39 PM

Craig,

I'm back looking at this guy and I need to tell you how great I think he is...again! SWEET!

-G$

TF! What a beast! I love those big beast tikis, and this guy looks STRONG! The texture and Walnut color work great...such a good piece of work!

S

Killer Job! Love it! Man you have a GREAT piece of work there.
You really stepped it up on this one. I'm expecting more
exiting carves out of you.

C

He's a really beauty T-Freak, very nice.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments! Gotta get some more logs and hopefully be back at it soon! Going to try to get some more big ones.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Dec 10, 2008 4:37 PM

B

On 2008-12-10 16:37, GMAN wrote:

Where you found that stuff, I gotta have some.
MBL, Super Tiki, Love the dark stain and finish you have brought us, Really sweet. The Only problem with a tiki this Excellent os that now you need to make one even More Better? Did you start yet?
Very Nice stuff.

GMAN, WTF! Send some my way!

Benz, MBL's stuff is really sweet (too bad his picture won't pull up at my work for some reason) but I think you posted on the wrong thread! You have some great stuff in the works too!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jan 9, 2009 4:37 AM

I'm turning over rocks......are under this one?

Believe it or not, I sell Monkey Butt at our store!

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jan 10, 2009 6:32 AM

Go figure! :lol:

Sorry, no carving going on here until the baby is born or until things settle down after! Plus, I need some more logs!!!!!!!!!

Sweet carve! The stain is perfect.

Nice chops!

This one snuck under my radar!

Extra bonus points for carving the hardwood!

Love the tiki bar too!

Thanks Tikilizard and LakeSurfer!!!

GMAN, I think you requested these awhile ago??? Just got a little snow and ice!

He looks pissed!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jan 30, 2009 2:30 PM

Looks cold as HELL! I'm chillin' in the sun beotch!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jan 30, 2009 7:19 PM

How's the new little girl? Momma ok too?

-G$

S

Nice pics has he been fasting out there also?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 534 replies